Genomes and Genes
- Quality of life in allergic rhinitis and asthma. A population-based study of young adultsB Leynaert
INSERM Unité 408, Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:1391-6. 2000....
- Monitoring the quality-of-life in allergic disordersBenedicte Leynaert
The French Institute of Health and Medical Research, INSERM Unite, Paris, France
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 3:177-83. 2003..This review will not report the numerous clinical trials that included quality-of-life as an outcome...
- Association between farm exposure and atopy, according to the CD14 C-159T polymorphismBenedicte Leynaert
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 700, Epidemiologie, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:658-65. 2006..A higher exposure to bacterial compounds is purported to explain the lower prevalence of allergy in farm children, but responsiveness to bacterial compounds is modulated by genetic factors...
- Association between asthma and rhinitis according to atopic sensitization in a population-based studyBenedicte Leynaert
INSERM Unité 408, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:86-93. 2004..Although asthma and rhinitis often occur together, the reason for this common comorbidity is still a matter of debate...
- Interaction between a heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter polymorphism and serum beta-carotene levels on 8-year lung function decline in a general population: the European Community Respiratory Health Survey (France)Armelle Guenegou
Epidémiologie des Maladies Respiratoires, INSERM Unit 700, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Am J Epidemiol 167:139-44. 2008..9). The results suggest that high levels of beta-carotene might counterbalance the effects on FEV1 decline of a genetically determined deficiency in antioxidant response...
- Rhinitis and onset of asthma: a longitudinal population-based studyRafea Shaaban
Unit 700 Epidemiology, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Paris, France
Lancet 372:1049-57. 2008..We used the follow-up data from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey to investigate the onset of asthma in patients with allergic and non-allergic rhinitis during an 8.8-year period...
- ETB receptor polymorphism is associated with airway obstructionCamille Taillé
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
BMC Pulm Med 7:5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether the genetic polymorphisms of preproET-1, EDNRA and EDNRB genes were associated with the degree of airway obstruction, assessed by FEV1...
- Ten-year follow-up of cluster-based asthma phenotypes in adults. A pooled analysis of three cohortsAnne Boudier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health Team, Centre de Recherche Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 188:550-60. 2013..The temporal stability of adult asthma phenotypes identified using clustering methods has never been addressed. Longitudinal cluster-based methods may provide novel insights in the study of the natural history of asthma...
- Heme oxygenase-1 prevents airway mucus hypersecretion induced by cigarette smoke in rodents and humansAbdelhamid Almolki
INSERM U700, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 173:981-92. 2008..7% versus 8.6%, P = 0.047). No such results were observed in those who had never smoked (n = 297). We conclude that HO-1 has a significant protective effect against airway mucus hypersecretion in animals and humans exposed to CS...
- Allergic rhinitis and onset of bronchial hyperresponsiveness: a population-based studyRafea Shaaban
INSERM U700, Epidémiologie des Maladies Respiratoires Faculté Xavier Bichat, BP 416, Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:659-66. 2007..Patients with allergic rhinitis have more frequent bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) in cross-sectional studies...
- Change in C-reactive protein levels and FEV1 decline: a longitudinal population-based studyRafea Shaaban
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Unit 700, Epidémiologie des Maladies Respiratoires, Faculte Xavier Bichat, BP 416, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Respir Med 100:2112-20. 2006..001). These findings were not affected by adjustment for potential confounders (P=0.002). In conclusion, increases in CRP levels over time were associated with a steeper FEV1 decline...
- Women using bleach for home cleaning are at increased risk of non-allergic asthmaBobette Matulonga
INSERM, UMR 1152, Pathophysiology and Epidemiology of Respiratory Diseases, Epidemiology Team, F 75890, Paris, France Univ Paris Saclay, Faculty of Medicine, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Respir Med 117:264-71. 2016..Bleach is widely used for household cleaning. Although it is recognized that occupational use of bleach may have adverse respiratory health effects, it is unknown whether common domestic use of bleach may be a risk factor for asthma...