- Unexpected high prevalence of herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 2 seropositivity and HSV genital shedding in pregnant women living in an East Paris suburban areaJerome Legoff
Universite Paris V, Unité Inserm 743, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Int J STD AIDS 18:593-5. 2007....
- HSV-2- and HIV-1- permissive cell lines co-infected by HSV-2 and HIV-1 co-replicate HSV-2 and HIV-1 without production of HSV-2/HIV-1 pseudotype particlesJerome Legoff
Universite Paris V, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Unité INSERM Internationale U743 Immunologie Humaine, Centre de Recherches, Biomédicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Virol J 4:2. 2007..In the present study, we investigated whether HIV-1 and HSV-2 may interact at the cellular level by forming HIV-1 hybrid virions pseudotyped with HSV-2 envelope glycoproteins, as was previously reported for HSV type 1...
- Real-time PCR quantification of genital shedding of herpes simplex virus (HSV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in women coinfected with HSV and HIVJerome Legoff
Unité INSERM Internationale U743 Immunologie Humaine, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:423-32. 2006....
- Performance of HerpeSelect and Kalon assays in detection of antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 2Jerome Legoff
Universite Paris Descartes, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Unité INSERM Internationale U743, Immunologie Humaine, Centres de Recherches Biomédicales des Cordeliers, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:1914-8. 2008..Low index values obtained with the HerpeSelect assay may correspond to true HSV-2 infection, in particular to nonprimary first episodes of genital HSV-2 infection, and need to be interpreted in the context of clinical history...
- Cervicovaginal HIV-1 and herpes simplex virus type 2 shedding during genital ulcer disease episodesJerome Legoff
Université Paris Descartes Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Unité INSERM Internationale U743 Immunologie Humaine, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
AIDS 21:1569-78. 2007..To investigate correlates of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) DNA and HIV-1 RNA among women with genital ulcer disease (GUD)...
- Infection of macrophages and dendritic cells with primary R5-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 inhibited by natural polyreactive anti-CCR5 antibodies purified from cervicovaginal secretionsJobin Eslahpazir
Université Paris V and Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Unité INSERM Internationale U743 Immunologie Humaine, Centre de Recherches des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:872-84. 2008....
- Evaluation of a New Device for Simplifying and Standardizing Stool Sample Preparation for Viral Molecular Testing with Limited Hands-On TimeLinda Feghoul
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U941, Microbiology Laboratory, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 54:928-33. 2016..The use of the SPD for the detection of other gastrointestinal infections warrants further evaluation. ..
- Cell-associated, non-replicating strand(+) hepatitis C virus-RNA shedding in cervicovaginal secretions from chronically HCV-infected womenLaurent Belec
Unité INSERM U430 Immunopathologie Humaine, Hopital Broussais, Université Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 27:247-51. 2003..Lack of mucosal hepatitis C virus (HCV) transmission may be due to fairly low infectivity of body fluids in HCV-infected individuals in association with yet unknown innate or acquired resistance factors in individuals exposed to the virus...
- Broad-range PCR-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for detection and typing of adenovirus and other opportunistic viruses in stem cell transplant patientsJerome Legoff
Paris Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U941, Microbiology Laboratory, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 51:4186-92. 2013..The results of this study suggest that the Viral IC Spectrum assay performed on the PLEX-ID platform is reliable for adenovirus infection diagnosis in immunocompromised patients. ..
- Influence of storage temperature on the stability of HIV-1 RNA and HSV-2 DNA in cervicovaginal secretions collected by vaginal washingJerome Legoff
Universite Paris V, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuses, Unité INSERM Internationale U743 Immunologie Humaine, and Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Paris, France
J Virol Methods 138:196-200. 2006....
- Peptide insertions in reverse transcriptase pol gene of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 as a rare cause of persistent antiretroviral therapeutic failureVeronique Schneider
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:127-36. 2004....
- High prevalence of respiratory viral infections in patients hospitalized in an intensive care unit for acute respiratory infections as detected by nucleic acid-based assaysJerome Legoff
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, and Unité INSERM 430, Institut de Recherches biomédicales des Cordeliers, Faculté de Médecine Broussais Hôtel Dieu, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:455-7. 2005..Molecular detection allows for high-rate detection of respiratory viral infections in adult patients suffering from severe pneumonia...
- Increased polymorphism in the HR-1 gp41 env gene encoding the enfuvirtide (T-20) target in HIV-1 variants harboring multiple antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in the pol geneAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:1-5. 2007..Sequence variations in HR-1 gp41 env gene region encoding the target for T-20 have previously been reported among patients naive to inhibitory fusion...
- Performance of the BioPlex 2200 multiplexing immunoassay platform for the detection of herpes simplex virus type 2 specific antibodies in African settingsJerome Legoff
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U941, and Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:1191-3. 2011..The sensitivities and specificities were, respectively, 88.9% and 93.5% for BioPlex and 89.9% and 92.7% for HerpeSelect. The agreement between both assays was 95.7%...
- Viral respiratory infections diagnosed by multiplex PCR after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: long-term incidence and outcomeAlice Wolfromm
Service d Hématologie Greffe, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, France INSERM U 11 60, université Paris VII Denis Diderot, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 20:1238-41. 2014..More frequent viruses were human coronavirus and human rhinovirus followed by flu-like viruses and adenovirus. Risk factors for death were lymphocytopenia and high steroid dosage. ..
- Affinity-purified respiratory syncytial virus antibodies from intravenous immunoglobulin exert potent antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicityNimesh Gupta
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 872, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e69390. 2013..This study demonstrates the existence of highly potent RSV-specific antibodies in IVIg preparations and provides the basis for the use of IVIg as broad-spectrum protective shield to RSV-infected children during mixed infections. ..
- I223R mutation in influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 neuraminidase confers reduced susceptibility to oseltamivir and zanamivir and enhanced resistance with H275YJerome Legoff
University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e37095. 2012..A new mutation I223R in the neuraminidase (NA) of H1N1pdm09 virus has been reported along with H275Y in immunocompromised patients. The aim of this study was to determine the impact of I223R on oseltamivir and zanamivir susceptibility...
- Mucosal humoral immune response to hepatitis C virus E1/E2 surface glycoproteins and HCV shedding in saliva and cervicovaginal fluids from chronically HCV-infected patientsLaurent Belec
Unité INSERM U430 Immunopathologie Humaine, Hopital Broussais, and Université Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
J Hepatol 38:833-42. 2003....
- Fully automated quantification of cytomegalovirus (CMV) in whole blood with the new sensitive Abbott RealTime CMV assay in the era of the CMV international standardNathalie Schnepf
Universite Paris Diderot, PRES Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM U941, APHP, Microbiology Laboratory, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 51:2096-102. 2013..Our results highlight the need for careful validation of conversion factors provided by the manufacturers for the WHO IS in WB to allow future comparison of results obtained with different assays...
- [Herpes serology for genital herpes]Jerome Legoff
Universite Paris V, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, F 75015 Paris, France
Presse Med 37:1251-60. 2008..The indication for type-specific serology must be discussed according to clinical context. The value of non-type-specific serology is limited...
- High burden of non-influenza viruses in influenza-like illness in the early weeks of H1N1v epidemic in FranceNathalie Schnepf
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Microbiology Department, Saint Louis Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23514. 2011..Clinical observations are of little help to recognise myxovirus infection and implement appropriate prevention measures. The limited use of molecular tools underestimates the role of other common pathogens...
- Opsonization of HIV with complement enhances infection of dendritic cells and viral transfer to CD4 T cells in a CR3 and DC-SIGN-dependent mannerHicham Bouhlal
Université René Descartes Paris V and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Unité 743, Institut des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Immunol 178:1086-95. 2007..Thus, the virus uses complement to its advantage to facilitate early steps leading to infection following mucosal transmission of HIV...
- Risk factors for pneumonia in immunocompromised patients with influenzaDavid Schnell
AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Medical ICU, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Respir Med 104:1050-6. 2010..Immunocompromised patients with influenza are at higher risk of pneumonia and death. However, risk factors for progression to pneumonia still need evaluation...
- Evaluation of the one-step multiplex real-time reverse transcription-PCR ProFlu-1 assay for detection of influenza A and influenza B viruses and respiratory syncytial viruses in childrenJerome Legoff
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:789-91. 2008..In addition, the ProFlu-1 assay amplified 9% of samples not detected by conventional methods...
- Sustained high proportion of zidovudine-resistant HIV variants despite prolonged substitution of zidovudine by other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLaurent Belec
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Med Virol 68:1-6. 2002....
- Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) genital shedding in HSV-2-/HIV-1-co-infected women receiving effective combination antiretroviral therapyHelene Pere
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Int J STD AIDS 27:178-85. 2016..Reactivation of genital HSV-2 replication frequently occurred despite effective cART in HSV-2-/HIV-1-co-infected women. Genital HSV-2 replication under cART does not influence cervicovaginal HIV-1 RNA or DNA shedding. ..
- Relationship between cytomegalovirus (CMV) reactivation, CMV-driven immunity, overall immune recovery and graft-versus-leukaemia effect in childrenMohamed Jeljeli
Laboratory of Immunology, Robert Debre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 166:229-39. 2014..In contrast to adult acute myeloid leukaemia, CMV reactivation was associated with increased RR in this paediatric series. Accelerated overall immune recovery rather than CMV-driven immunity had a favourable impact on RR. ..
- Burden of respiratory viruses in patients with acute respiratory failureDavid Schnell
Medical ICU, AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France Paris Diderot University, UFR de Medecine, Paris, France
J Med Virol 86:1198-202. 2014....
- Human Herpesvirus-6 cytopathic inclusions: an exceptional and recognizable finding on skin biopsy during HHV6 reactivation after autologous stem-cell transplantationJennifer Roux
AP HP Hôpital Saint Louis, Laboratoire de Pathologie, Paris, France
Am J Dermatopathol 34:e73-6. 2012..The clinical course improved with intravenous foscavir. The specific histopathological findings encountered in this case are exceptional but recognizable, and along with HHV-6 DNA detection allow a prompt recognition of HHV6 skin rash...
- Detection of extensive cross-neutralization between pandemic and seasonal A/H1N1 Influenza Viruses using a pseudotype neutralization assayBeatrice Labrosse
Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11036. 2010..In particular, the extent that previous infection or vaccination by seasonal A/H1N1 viruses can elicit protective immunity against pandemic A/H1N1 is unclear...