- Use of Percoll for the infection of cells in vitro with Cryptosporidium parvum oocystsP Lawton
Département Pharmaceutique de Parasitologie et Mycologie Médicale, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Claude Bernard, 8 avenue Rockefeller, F 69373 Cedex 08, Lyon, France
J Microbiol Methods 46:81-4. 2001..Excystation was maximal after 2 h, but toxicity increased with the oocyst/cell ratio and the incubation time. The infection rates did not increase with the oocyst/cell ratio and both cell types were equally parasitized...
- In vitro effects of isoprinosine and a dipeptide methyl ester on Echinococcus multilocularis protoscolecesP Lawton
Département de Parasitologie et Mycologie Médicale, Faculte de Pharmacie, Lyon, France
J Helminthol 75:251-7. 2001..Thus, the previously reported in vivo activities of these drugs result largely from a direct effect on the parasite...
- Effects of purine nucleosides on the in vitro growth of Cryptosporidium parvumPhilippe Lawton
Département de Parasitologie et Mycologie Médicale, ISPB Faculté de pharmacie, 8 avenue Rockefeller, F 69373 Cedex 08, Lyon, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 226:39-43. 2003....
- Overexpression, purification and characterization of a hexahistidine-tagged recombinant extended nucleotide-binding domain 1 (NBD1) of the Cryptosporidium parvum CpABC3 for rational drug designPhilippe Lawton
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, EA 3741 Lyon, France
Mol Biochem Parasitol 152:101-7. 2007..The recombinant C. parvum H6-NBD1 should be a valuable tool for rational drug design and will allow the discrimination between specific inhibitors of the catalytic site and molecules binding to other sites...
- Effects of 2',3'-dideoxyinosine on Toxoplasma gondii cysts in miceM E Sarciron
Department of Parasitology and Medical Mycology, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1531-6. 1997..These cysts were not viable, as confirmed by immunofluorescence and reinfection experiments. These experiments suggest a possible role for ddI in the treatment of toxoplasmosis, and this possibility deserves further investigation...
- Echinococcus multilocularis metacestodes: immunological and immunocytochemical analysis of the relationships between alkaline phosphatase and the Em2 antigenP Lawton
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
Exp Parasitol 87:142-9. 1997..These results suggest a putative functional relationship between the two antigens and that Em2 could originate from EmAP...
- Synthesis and modulation properties of imidazo[4,5-b]pyridin-7-one and indazole-4,7-dione derivatives towards the Cryptosporidium parvum CpABC3 transporterWaël Zeinyeh
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, ISPB Faculté de pharmacie, EA 4443 B2C Biomolécules, Cancer et Chimiorésistances, 8, av Rockefeller, F 69373, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Eur J Med Chem 45:2480-8. 2010..These compounds could thus act like some flavonoid derivatives, which can partly overlap both the nucleotide-binding site and the adjacent hydrophobic steroid-binding region of mammalian P-glycoproteins...