- Effect of a fever control protocol-based strategy on ventilator-associated pneumonia in severely brain-injured patients
CHU de Rennes Hôpital Pontchaillou Pôle Anesthésie SAMU Urgences Réanimations 2, rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35033, Rennes, Cedex, France
Crit Care 18:689. 2014
..Therefore, we designed a study to explore the role of a fever control protocol in VAP development during neuro-intensive care...
- Clinical review: fever in septic ICU patients--friend or foe?
Service d anesthésie réanimation 1, Hopital Pontchaillou, 2 rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35000 Rennes, France
Crit Care 15:222. 2011
..Finally, the treatment of fever by pharmacological and/or physical means is discussed with regards to their drawbacks, which argues for their careful use in septic patients in the absence of clinical relevance...
- Pulse oximetry and high-dose vasopressors: a comparison between forehead reflectance and finger transmission sensors
Département d anesthésie réanimation 1, INSERM U991, Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale, Hopital Pontchaillou, Universite Rennes 1, 2 rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35033 Rennes Cedex 9, France
Intensive Care Med 38:1718-22. 2012
..Forehead sensors using reflectance technology might be useful in these circumstances. We hypothesized that reflectance SpO(2) would be more accurate than finger SpO(2) in patients with severe shock...
- High-dose continuous oxacillin infusion results in achievement of pharmacokinetics targets in critically ill patients with deep sternal wound infections following cardiac surgery
Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale, Pôle Anesthésie SAMU, Urgences, Réanimations ASUR, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France Inserm U991, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France Université Rennes 1, Faculte de Medecine, Rennes, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:5448-55. 2014
..But concerns remain in cases of higher MICs, emphasizing the need for clinicians to obtain the MICs for the bacteria and to monitor oxacillin concentrations, especially the unbound forms, at the target site. ..
- Effect of osmotherapy on optic nerve sheath diameter in patients with increased intracranial pressure
1 CHU de Rennes, Hopital Pontchaillou, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Rennes, France
J Neurotrauma 31:984-8. 2014
..001) and the CPP increased from 47 (50-60) to 66 (59-69) mmHg (p=0.003). The variations of ONSD appear to be an interesting parameter to evaluate the efficacy of osmotherapy for elevated ICP episodes in patients with acute brain injury...
- Long-term mortality and quality of life after septic shock: a follow-up observational study
Département d anesthésie réanimation 1, INSERM U991, Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale, Hopital Pontchaillou, Universite Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Intensive Care Med 39:881-8. 2013
..The aim of this study was to evaluate mortality and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in survivors 6 months after an episode of septic shock...
- Atrial fibrillation is not just an artefact in the ICU
Service d anesthésie réanimation 1, Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale, Hôpital Pontchailllou, 2 rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35033 Rennes Cedex, France
Crit Care 14:182. 2010
..How such a finding could modify the therapeutic approach remains elusive. The impact of AF on mortality is not clearly demonstrated in the ICU, with AF reflecting essentially the severity of the underlying disease...