Genomes and Genes
- Characteristics and long-term outcome of 15 episodes of systemic lupus erythematosus-associated hemophagocytic syndromeOlivier Lambotte
Department of Internal Medicine, Bicetre University Hospital, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 85:169-82. 2006..In the long-term, SLE-associated HS seems to define a severe SLE form with frequent flares, possible HS recurrences, and the need for prolonged immunosuppression...
- Pegylated interferon alpha-2a-associated life-threatening Evans' syndrome in a patient with chronic hepatitis COlivier Lambotte
Department of Internal Medicine, Kremlin Bicetre Hospital, AP HP, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Infect 51:e113-5. 2005..Outcome was favourable under immunosuppressive treatment. Treatment with PEG-IFN-alpha2a requires careful follow-up, as IFNalpha can induce or exacerbate autoimmune diseases...
- Listeria monocytogenes skin infection with cerebritis and haemophagocytosis syndrome in a bone marrow transplant recipientO Lambotte
Department of Haematology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
J Infect 50:356-8. 2005..L. monocytogenes infection should be suspected in patients with cerebritis despite large spectrum antibiotherapy and this report underscores the usefulness of skin biopsies in febrile immunocompromised patients...
- HIV controllers: a homogeneous group of HIV-1-infected patients with spontaneous control of viral replicationOlivier Lambotte
Inserm E 0109, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Universite Paris XI, Service de Sante Publique, Bicetre, France
Clin Infect Dis 41:1053-6. 2005..These 15 patients, whom we have referred to as "HIV controllers," are characterized by a low HIV DNA load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and by a strong HIV-specific immune response...
- Failure of rituximab to treat a lupus flare-up with nephritisO Lambotte
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Bicêtre AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Nephrol 64:73-7. 2005..This observation suggests that rituximab alone may be insufficient to control severe SLE with glomerulonephritis and should therefore be used with caution in patients with this condition...
- Both HLA-B*57 and plasma HIV RNA levels contribute to the HIV-specific CD8+ T cell response in HIV controllersCamille Lécuroux
INSERM U1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Virol 88:176-87. 2014..In conclusion, both HLA-B*57 and the amount of ultrasensitive viral load seem to play a role in HIV-specific CD8(+) T cell responses in HIC. ..
- Persistence of replication-competent HIV in both memory and naive CD4 T cell subsets in patients on prolonged and effective HAARTOlivier Lambotte
Inserm E 0109, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Hôpital du Kremlin Bicêtre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 16:2151-7. 2002..To investigate the phenotypic features of infected lymphocytes in patients on prolonged and effective highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- The lymphocyte HIV reservoir in patients on long-term HAART is a memory of virus evolutionOlivier Lambotte
INSERM E 109, Faculté de Médecine de Bicêtre, Universite Paris XI, France
AIDS 18:1147-58. 2004..To investigate the dynamics of the lymphocyte HIV reservoir in patients on prolonged and effective highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- HIV infection impairs CCR7-dependent T-cell chemotaxis independent of CCR7 expressionSantiago Perez-Patrigeon
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
AIDS 23:1197-207. 2009..We investigated CCR7 expression and chemotactic function in patient T cells, to gain further insights into mechanisms of T-cell dysfunction in HIV infection...
- HIV controllers maintain a population of highly efficient Th1 effector cells in contrast to patients treated in the long termBenoit Vingert
Unité d Immunogénétique Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Virol 86:10661-74. 2012..In conclusion, HIV controllers maintained a population of highly efficient Th1 effectors directed against Gag in spite of a persistently low antigenemia, while patients treated in the long term showed a loss of CD4 effector functions...
- Prolonged valproic acid treatment does not reduce the size of latent HIV reservoirNathalie Sagot-Lerolle
INSERM, U802, Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:1125-9. 2008..To investigate the impact of prolonged valproic acid treatment on the HIV reservoir in patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- The correlation between levels of IL-7Ralpha expression and responsiveness to IL-7 is lost in CD4 lymphocytes from HIV-infected patientsJean Hervé Colle
Unité Immunogénétique Cellulaire, Département Infection et Epidémiologie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
AIDS 21:101-3. 2007..IL-7 responsiveness is only partly restored by HAART...
- Antiretroviral therapy initiation during primary HIV infection enhances both CD127 expression and the proliferative capacity of HIV-specific CD8+ T cellsCamille Lécuroux
INSERM U 802, Universite Paris Sud XI, AP HP Hôpital Bicêtre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 23:1649-58. 2009....
- HIV controller CD4+ T cells respond to minimal amounts of Gag antigen due to high TCR avidityBenoit Vingert
Unité d Immunogénétique Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000780. 2010..Thus, HIV controllers harbor a pool of memory CD4+ T cells with the intrinsic ability to recognize minimal amounts of Gag antigen, which may explain how they maintain an active antiviral response in the face of very low viremia...
- CD4 dynamics over a 15 year-period among HIV controllers enrolled in the ANRS French observatoryFaroudy Boufassa
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Epidemiology of HIV and STI Team, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 6:e18726. 2011..There are few large published studies of HIV controllers with long-term undetectable viral load (VL). We describe the characteristics and outcomes of 81 French HIV controllers...
- Immunologic and Virologic Progression in HIV Controllers: The Role of Viral "Blips" and Immune Activation in the ANRS CO21 CODEX StudyNicolas Noel
UMR 1184, Immunologie des Maladies Virales et Autoimmunes IMVA, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Service de Medecine Interne, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0131922. 2015..In summary, the lasting loss of CD4+T cells, residual HIV replication and basal levels of immune activation appear to be major determinants of progression in HICs. These factors should be considered for adjusting their follow-up...
- Heterogeneity in HIV suppression by CD8 T cells from HIV controllers: association with Gag-specific CD8 T cell responsesAsier Saez-Cirion
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
J Immunol 182:7828-37. 2009..These results, on the one hand, suggest the importance of Gag responses in the antiviral potency of CD8(+) T cells from HICs and, on the other hand, propose that other host mechanisms may contribute to restraining HIV infection in HICs...
- Potential role for HIV-specific CD38-/HLA-DR+ CD8+ T cells in viral suppression and cytotoxicity in HIV controllersStéphane Hua
INSERM U1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Université Paris Sud 11, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 9:e101920. 2014..HIV controllers (HIC) are rare HIV-1-infected patients who exhibit spontaneous viral control. HIC have high frequency of CD38-/HLA-DR+ HIV-specific CD8+ T cells. Here we examined the role of this subset in HIC status...
- Restriction of HIV-1 replication in macrophages and CD4+ T cells from HIV controllersAsier Saez-Cirion
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
Blood 118:955-64. 2011..These results point to a contribution of intrinsic cell resistance to the control of infection and the containment of viral reservoir in HICs...
- HIV infection perturbs interleukin-7 signaling at the step of STAT5 nuclear relocalizationIvan Landires
Pasteur Institute, Cellular Immunogenetics Unit, Paris, France
AIDS 25:1843-53. 2011..We set to investigate the nature of IL-7-dependent signaling defects in patients with progressive HIV-1 infection...
- High eomesodermin expression among CD57+ CD8+ T cells identifies a CD8+ T cell subset associated with viral control during chronic human immunodeficiency virus infectionFederico Simonetta
INSERM, U1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Université Paris Sud, UMR S1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Division of Hematology, Department of Medical Specialties, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
J Virol 88:11861-71. 2014....
- Elevated IP10 levels are associated with immune activation and low CD4⁺ T-cell counts in HIV controller patientsNicolas Noel
aINSERM U1012, Régulation de la réponse immune, infection VIH1 et autoimmunité, Université Paris Sud bAPHP, Service de Medecine Interne, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud cINSERM U1018, Centre de Recherche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicêtre dInstitut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris eService de Microbiologie, CHU Carémeau fINSERM U1047, Centre National de Référence des Brucella L A, UFR de Médecine Université Montpellier 1, Nîmes gFaculté de Médecine Paris Sud XI, Le Kremlin Bicêtre hAPHP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker, Paris, France
AIDS 28:467-76. 2014..The levels of inflammatory biomarkers in HICs and the biomarkers' relationships with immunologic and virologic status have yet to be fully characterized...
- Replication-competent HIV strains infect HIV controllers despite undetectable viremia (ANRS EP36 study)Aurelia Lamine
INSERM U802, Paris XI University, Bicetre, France
AIDS 21:1043-5. 2007..The vif and vpr genes were normal. Infection with HIV-1 variants with attenuated replicative capacity cannot be a general factor accounting for undetectable viraemia in HIV controllers...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs) from HIV controllers produce interferon-α and differentiate into functional killer pDCs under HIV activationLucie Barblu
Centre National de Recherche Scientifique UMR 8147, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 206:790-801. 2012..Simian models have shown that prolonged high levels of IFN-α production could be responsible for AIDS progression...
- Long-Term Spontaneous Control of HIV-1 Is Related to Low Frequency of Infected Cells and Inefficient Viral ReactivationNicolas Noel
Universite Paris Sud, UMR 1184, Paris, France CEA, DSV iMETI, Division of Immuno Virology, IDMIT, Fontenay aux Rose, France INSERM, U1184, Center for Immunology of Viral Infections and Autoimmune Diseases, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France APHP, Service de Médecine Interne Immunologie clinique, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Virol 90:6148-58. 2016....
- Development and validation of the HScore, a score for the diagnosis of reactive hemophagocytic syndromeLaurence Fardet
Hopital St Antoine, AP HP, and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:2613-20. 2014..This study was undertaken to develop and validate a diagnostic score for reactive hemophagocytic syndrome...
- High antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses are correlated with strong CD8 T cell viral suppressive activity but not with B57 status in HIV-1 elite controllersOlivier Lambotte
INSERM, U1012, Bicetre, France AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre Hospital, Bicetre, France University Paris Sud, Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 8:e74855. 2013..0086). These data suggest a role for ADCC in immune control of HIV, especially in HLA B57 negative controllers...
- Natural history of HIV-control since seroconversionYoann Madec
aInstitut Pasteur, Emerging Diseases Epidemiology Unit, Paris bINSERM U1018, Centre de Recherche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations, Le Kremlin Bicêtre cFaculté de Médecine Paris Sud, Universite Paris Sud, Paris dDepartment of Public Health, AP HP, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France eMedical Research Council, Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK fCluster Infectious Diseases, Department of Research, Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Public Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands gResearch Department of Infection and Population Health, UCL Medical School, London, UK hSan Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy iInternational AIDS Vaccine Initiative, San Francisco, USA jRobert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany kUlleval Hospital, Oslo, Norway lINSERM U1012, Le Kremlin Bicêtre mDepartment of Internal Medicine, AP HP, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicêtre nUniversité Paris Sud, Paris, France
AIDS 27:2451-60. 2013..HIV-controllers spontaneously maintain HIV viremia at an undetectable level. We aimed to describe the delay to control from seroconversion, the duration of control, and risk factors for losing control...
- MHC-driven HIV-1 control on the long run is not systematically determined at early times post-HIV-1 infectionGuillemette Antoni
Epidemiology and Public Health Service, APHP, Hôpital du Kremlin Bicêtre, Universite Paris Sud, Paris, France
AIDS 27:1707-16. 2013..This effect is observed early after infection. Clarification needs to be established concerning the moment of action for the other HLA-B or HLA-C alleles...
- Regulatory dysfunction of the interleukin-7 receptor in CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes from HIV-infected patients--effects of antiretroviral therapyJean Hervé Colle
Unité Immunogénétique Cellulaire, Département de Médecine Moléculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:277-85. 2006..This may be due to abnormal activation of the immune system in HIV-infected patients and may contribute to the reduced CD4 count and the altered function of the CD8 compartment...
- NKG2D expression on HIV-specific CD8+ T cells is reduced in viremic HIV-1-infected patients but maintained in HIV controllersCamille Lécuroux
INSERM, U1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:17-20. 2013..The maintenance of NKG2D expression on CD8 T cells in HIV controllers may contribute to better cell function...
- Reactive hemophagocytic syndrome in adults: a retrospective analysis of 162 patientsSébastien Rivière
AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service de Medecine Interne, Paris, France UPMC université Paris 06, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Electronic address
Am J Med 127:1118-25. 2014..We aimed to identify a multicenter large cohort of adult patients with reactive hemophagocytic syndrome and to describe relevant clinical and laboratory features, underlying conditions, and outcome...
- Epstein-Barr virus viral load in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients with reactive hemophagocytic syndromeMario Boisseau
From the AP HP, Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Infect Dis (Lond) 47:423-7. 2015..0 (2.9-4.6) vs 3.9 (2.6-4.1) log/ml, p = 0.48].The high EBV viral load observed in HIV-infected patients with HS may be more likely to reflect the chronic HIV infection than to be the direct trigger of HS. ..
- Reduction of death receptor 5 expression and apoptosis of CD4+ T cells from HIV controllersLucie Barblu
CNRS UMR 8147 Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Immunol 155:17-26. 2014..The levels of DR5 cell surface expression on CD4 T cells could represent a new prognostic marker. ..
- Pressure from TRIM5α contributes to control of HIV-1 replication by individuals expressing protective HLA-B allelesClémence Granier
INSERM U941, Paris, France
J Virol 87:10368-80. 2013....
- Study of anti-Müllerian hormone and its relation to the subsequent probability of pregnancy in 112 patients with systemic lupus erythematosus, exposed or not to cyclophosphamideNathalie Morel
University Pierre and Marie Curie UPMC, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:3785-92. 2013..There are no data available about the relation between anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) serum levels and the probability of subsequent pregnancy in SLE patients...
- Post-treatment HIV-1 controllers with a long-term virological remission after the interruption of early initiated antiretroviral therapy ANRS VISCONTI StudyAsier Saez-Cirion
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003211. 2013..Our results show that early and prolonged cART may allow some individuals with a rather unfavorable background to achieve long-term infection control and may have important implications in the search for a functional HIV cure...
- Efficacy of rituximab in refractory polymyositisOlivier Lambotte
Department of Internal Medicine, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 32:1369-70. 2005..Rituximab was well tolerated, and its efficacy in inflammatory myositis should be evaluated...
- Safety and efficacy of rituximab in systemic lupus erythematosus: results from 136 patients from the French AutoImmunity and Rituximab registryBenjamin Terrier
Bicetre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Paris 11 University, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Arthritis Rheum 62:2458-66. 2010..However, in 2 recent randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of RTX, the primary end points were not met. We undertook this study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of RTX in off-trial patients with SLE seen in regular clinical practice...
- CD4⁺ recent thymic emigrants are infected by HIV in vivo, implication for pathogenesisVéronique Fabre-Mersseman
Institut Cochin, Département Immunologie Hematologie, Paris, France
AIDS 25:1153-62. 2011....
- Reconstitution inflammatory syndrome related to histoplasmosis, with a hemophagocytic syndrome in HIV infectionMarc de Lavaissiere
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Bicetre, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Infect 58:245-7. 2009..The immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome might be a risk factor for hemophagocytosis...
- Ultrasensitive HIV-1 p24 detects single infected cells and differences in reservoir induction by latency-reversal agentsCaroline Pereira Bittencourt Passaes
Institut Pasteur, Unité HIV, Inflammation et Persistance, Départements de Virologie et Immunologie, Paris, France
J Virol . 2017....
- Recurrent obstructive acute pyelonephritis: A rare form of Actinobaculum schaalii infection in a HIV-1 infected patientAnais Vallet
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service de médecine interne et immunologie clinique, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Anaerobe . 2016..The renal parenchyma corresponded to an end-stage renal disease with chronic pyelonephritis without abcesses or granules. The situation improved after six months of amoxicillin therapy...
- Dendritic Cells from HIV Controllers Have Low Susceptibility to HIV-1 Infection In Vitro but High Capacity to Capture HIV-1 ParticlesChiraz Hamimi
Institut Pasteur, Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0160251. 2016....
- Blunted response to combination antiretroviral therapy in HIV elite controllers: an international HIV controller collaborationFaroudy Boufassa
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, Epidemiology of HIV and STI Team, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Univ Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 9:e85516. 2014..Here we studied the CD4 T-cell count dynamics after cART initiation among 34 ECs followed in U.S. and European cohorts, by comparison with chronically viremic patients (VIRs)...
- In patients on prolonged HAART, a significant pool of HIV infected CD4 T cells are HIV-specificAudrey Demoustier
Inserm E 0109, Faculté de Médecine de Bicêtre, Universite Paris XI, Bicetre, France
AIDS 16:1749-54. 2002..To examine the antigen specificities of HIV reservoir CD4 T cells in patients on prolonged and effective highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Diagnosis of autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome caused by FAS deficiency in adultsOlivier Lambotte
Service de Medecine Interne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hôpital du Kremlin Bicêtre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Haematologica 98:389-92. 2013..Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome may well be diagnosed in adulthood. The occurrence of additional genetic events may account for the delayed disease onset...
- HIV disease progression despite suppression of viral replication is associated with exhaustion of lymphopoiesisDelphine Sauce
INSERM UMR S 945, Infections and Immunity, Avenir Group, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Blood 117:5142-51. 2011..These findings highlight the importance of primary hematopoietic resources in HIV pathogenesis and the response to antiretroviral treatments...
- A survey of 90 patients with autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome related to TNFRSF6 mutationBenedicte Neven
Inserm U768, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Blood 118:4798-807. 2011..We also noted a significantly greater occurrence of disease-related symptoms in male than in female patients...
- High ferritin and low glycosylated ferritin may also be a marker of excessive macrophage activationOlivier Lambotte
Department of Internal Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitié, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 30:1027-8. 2003..However, high ferritin levels are found during hemophagocytosis syndrome (HS). We investigated the ferritin level and the percentage of glycosylation in a HS series of various causes...
- [Burkitt's lymphoma in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with immunosuppressive drugs. A case report]C Bellier
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Henri Mondor, APHP, Creteil, France
Rev Med Interne 27:244-7. 2006..However, the pathophysiological link between lymphoma and SLE is still a matter of debate. We report a new case of Burkitt's lymphoma occurring in a patient treated with immunosuppressive drugs for SLE...
- Elevated Basal Pre-infection CXCL10 in Plasma and in the Small Intestine after Infection Are Associated with More Rapid HIV/SIV Disease OnsetMickaël J Ploquin
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Virologie, Unité HIV, Inflammation et Persistance, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 12:e1005774. 2016..Systemic IP-10 during PHI correlated with HIV DNA. IP-10 production was regionalized in the intestine during early SIV infection and CD68+ and CD68neg haematopoietic cells in the small intestine appeared to be the major source of IP-10. ..
- Adenosine deaminase is a useful biomarker to diagnose pleural tuberculosis in low to medium prevalence settingsJean Marie Michot
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Bicetre, Service de médecine interne et immunologie clinique, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Université Paris Sud, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Gustave Roussy, Departement de Medecine Oncologique, 94805 Villejuif, France
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 84:215-20. 2016..9%, while positive and negative predictive values were 86.8% and 98.5%, respectively. We conclude that pleural ADA activity could be integrated in the diagnostic procedures of pTB in low to medium tuberculosis prevalence settings. ..
- A web-based delphi study for eliciting helpful criteria in the positive diagnosis of hemophagocytic syndrome in adult patientsGilles Hejblum
INSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Unité de santé publique, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e94024. 2014..The study constitutes the first initiative to date for defining international guidelines devoted to the positive diagnosis of the reactive form of hemophagocytic syndrome. ..
- Efficacy of mycophenolate mofetil in adult refractory auto-immune cytopenias: a single center preliminary studyRami Kotb
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital de Bicetre, AP HP, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Haematol 75:60-4. 2005..Treatment of auto-immune cytopenia refractory to front line therapy with intravenous immunoglobulins and steroids is a matter of concern. We assessed the efficacy and safety of mycophenolate mofetil in a prospective open preliminary study...
- B cell depletion in immune thrombocytopenia reveals splenic long-lived plasma cellsMatthieu Mahevas
Faculte de Medecine, Site Necker Enfants Malades, INSERM U783 Développement du système immunitaire, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 123:432-42. 2013..Surprisingly, long-lived PC were not detected in untreated ITP spleens. These results suggest that the milieu generated by B cell depletion promotes the differentiation and settlement of long-lived PC in the spleen...
- FAS-L, IL-10, and double-negative CD4- CD8- TCR alpha/beta+ T cells are reliable markers of autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS) associated with FAS loss of functionAude Magerus-Chatinet
Inserm U768, Paris, France
Blood 113:3027-30. 2009..Overall, we showed that determination of the FAS-L represents, together with the IL-10 concentration and the DNT cell percentage, a reliable tool for the diagnosis of ALPS...
- Cancers in elite controllers: appropriate follow-up is essentialJason F Okulicz
aDepartment of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland bInfectious Disease Service, San Antonio Military Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA cINSERM U1018, Centre de Recherche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicêtre dSorbonne Universités, INSERM, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Institut Pierre Louis d épidémiologie et de Santé Publique IPLESP UMRS 1136, Paris, France eHenry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland, USA fINSERM U1184, Center for Immunology of Viral Infections and Autoimmune Diseases gAP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Paris Sud hUniversité Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicêtre iCEA, DSV iMETI, Division of Immuno Virology, IDMIT, Paris, France
AIDS 30:1852-5. 2016..Cancers are similar to those commonly described in antiretroviral therapy treated patients but also in HIV-negative patients, which underlines the necessity of an appropriate regular follow-up. ..
- Contribution of (18)F-FDG PET in the diagnostic assessment of fever of unknown origin (FUO): a stratification-based meta-analysisFlorent L Besson
Department of Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Bicetre University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 43:1887-95. 2016..The aim of this study was to quantify the contribution of FDG PET to the diagnostic assessment of fever of unknown origin (FUO), taking into account the diagnostic limitations resulting from the composite nature of this entity...
- Adipose Tissue Is a Neglected Viral Reservoir and an Inflammatory Site during Chronic HIV and SIV InfectionAbderaouf Damouche
Universite Paris Sud, UMR 1184, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France CEA, DSV iMETI, IDMIT, Fontenay aux Roses, France INSERM, U1184, Immunology of Viral Infections and Autoimmune Diseases, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS Pathog 11:e1005153. 2015..These observations open up new therapeutic strategies for limiting the size of the viral reservoir and decreasing low-grade chronic inflammation via the modulation of adipose tissue-related pathways. ..
- High Risk Features Contrast With Favorable Outcomes in HIV-associated Hodgkin Lymphoma in the Modern cART Era, ANRS CO16 LYMPHOVIR CohortCaroline Besson
Universite Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicêtre AP HP, hôpitaux Paris Sud, Service d Hematologie, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Clin Infect Dis 61:1469-75. 2015..Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is associated with a high risk of classical Hodgkin's lymphoma (cHL) in the combined antiretroviral therapy (cART) era...
- Auricular chondritis and thrombotic microangiopathy: an unusual combination revealing systemic lupus erythematosusNathalia Bellon
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine, Bicêtre University Medical Center, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Joint Bone Spine 80:424-5. 2013..We report here a case of polychondritis, which was the first manifestation of a lupus-associated thrombotic microangiopathy. ..
- Decreased B cell activating factor receptor expression on peripheral lymphocytes associated with increased disease activity in primary Sjögren's syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosusJeremie Sellam
Service de Rhumatologie, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Rheum Dis 66:790-7. 2007..To analyse B cell activating factor (BAFF) receptor (BAFF-R) expression on peripheral lymphocytes from patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome (pSS) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- [HIV controllers: how these patients control viral replication?]Olivier Lambotte
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, CHU de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:172-8. 2012....
- Low glycosylated ferritin, a good marker for the diagnosis of hemophagocytic syndromeLaurence Fardet
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:1521-7. 2008..We undertook this study to determine whether hemophagocytic syndrome outside the context of AOSD is also associated with a very low percentage of glycosylated ferritin...
- Hemophagocytic syndrome as a presenting sign of transformation of smoldering to acute adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma: efficacy of anti-retroviral and interferon therapyAchille Aouba
Department of Haematology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Am J Hematol 76:187-9. 2004..Thus, we propose that adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma must be added to the spectrum of etiologies of hemophagocytic syndrome...
- Hodgkin lymphoma-associated hemophagocytic syndrome: a disorder strongly correlated with Epstein-Barr virusFanny Menard
Universite Paris Sud, F 94270, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 47:531-4. 2008..3:1), immunodeficiency-like histological features (lymphocyte depletion, 45% of cases; mixed cellularity Hodgkin lymphoma subtype, 40%), and strong association with Epstein-Barr virus (94%)...
- Glomerular lesions in patients with sickle cell diseaseGwenola Maigne
Internal Medicine Unit, APHP, Hôpital Kremlin Bicêtre, Université Paris 11, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:18-27. 2010..Hypoxic state does not seem to play a key role in the progression of glomerular lesions, but its potential role at an early stage of glomerular injury requires further investigation...
- Tolerance and short term efficacy of rituximab in 43 patients with systemic autoimmune diseasesJ E Gottenberg
Service de Rhumatologie, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Rheum Dis 64:913-20. 2005..To assess the tolerance and efficacy of rituximab in patients with various autoimmune diseases seen in daily rheumatological practice...
- [Autoimmune myelofibrosis with dermatomyositis]S Sahali
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU de Bicetre, AP HP, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Med Interne 30:71-3. 2009..We report a second observation of autoimmune myelofibrosis associated with an inflammatory myositis in a 30-year-old female. The links between myelofibrosis and autoimmunity are discussed...
- HIV controllers exhibit potent CD8 T cell capacity to suppress HIV infection ex vivo and peculiar cytotoxic T lymphocyte activation phenotypeAsier Saez-Cirion
Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Institut Pasteur, 75725 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6776-81. 2007..This constitutive antiviral capacity of CD8(+) T cells could account for the control of viral replication in HIC...
- Lack of evidence for prolonged double-long terminal repeat episomal HIV DNA stability in vivoHouria Hendel Chavez
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:247-9. 2007
- Persistence of replication-competent HIV in the central nervous system despite long-term effective highly active antiretroviral therapyOlivier Lambotte
AIDS 19:217-8. 2005
- HIV controllers: how do they tame the virus?Asier Saez-Cirion
Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75725 Paris Cedex 15, France
Trends Immunol 28:532-40. 2007..In this review, we examine recent findings from these studies...
- HIV-1 persistence, viral reservoir, and the central nervous system in the HAART eraOlivier Lambotte
Laboratoire Immunité antivirale systémique et cérébrale Equipe Mixte INSERM et Université Paris Sud N o 0109 et Hôpital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, France
Brain Pathol 13:95-103. 2003..A similar viral integration in astrocytes and less likely in resting microglia is suggested by several studies, although it has yet to be demonstrated conclusively...
- Microbial translocation is a cause of systemic immune activation in chronic HIV infectionJason M Brenchley
Human Immunology Section, Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Med 12:1365-71. 2006..These data establish a mechanism for chronic immune activation in the context of a compromised gastrointestinal mucosal surface and provide new directions for therapeutic interventions that modify the consequences of acute HIV infection...
- Preserved central memory and activated effector memory CD4+ T-cell subsets in human immunodeficiency virus controllers: an ANRS EP36 studySimon J Potter
Unité d Immunogénétique Cellulaire, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Virol 81:13904-15. 2007..These findings suggest the induction of an efficient, nondetrimental type of immune activation in patients who spontaneously control HIV...
- [Fatal liver failure after hepatitis B reactivation following chemotherapy for lymphoma in a patient with only anti-HBc antibody and review of the literature]Anne Thirot-Bidault
Service des maladies du foie et de l appareil digestif, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1028-31. 2007..In the literature, only 13 cases of patients with positive anti body anti-HBc alone who developed an hepatitis B reactivation after chemotherapy have been reported...
- The significance of distal bronchial samples with commensals in ventilator-associated pneumonia: colonizer or pathogen?Olivier Lambotte
Réanimation Polyvalente, Hopital Saint Joseph, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Chest 122:1389-99. 2002..To investigate the role of oropharyngeal and cutaneous commensal microorganisms (OCCs) as a cause of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP)...