- Treponemal infection rates, risk factors and pregnancy outcome in a rural area of SenegalEmmanuel Lagarde
Institut National de Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Unité 88, Saint Maurice, Paris, France
Int J STD AIDS 14:208-15. 2003..In conclusion our results call for more research to understand the epidemiology of treponemal infection and to elucidate types of Treponema pallidum involved...
- Religion and protective behaviours towards AIDS in rural SenegalE Lagarde
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Biologique, UMR 152, Dynamique et Santé des Populations Humaines, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
AIDS 14:2027-33. 2000..To describe the association between religion and factors related to sexually transmitted diseases (STD)/AIDS in a country where religious leaders were involved early in prevention...
- Educational level is associated with condom use within non-spousal partnerships in four cities of sub-Saharan AfricaE Lagarde
INSERM U88, Hopital National de Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 15:1399-408. 2001..Rates of condom use in sub-Saharan Africa have remained too low to curb HIV/sexually transmitted disease (STD) epidemics. A better understanding of the main determinants of condom use would aid promotion...
- Condom use and its association with HIV/sexually transmitted diseases in four urban communities of sub-Saharan AfricaE Lagarde
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, Paris, France
AIDS 15:S71-8. 2001..To estimate rates of condom use in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa and to assess their association with levels of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)...
- Male circumcision and HIV infection in four cities in sub-Saharan AfricaB Auvert
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, France
AIDS 15:S31-40. 2001..To explore the role of male circumcision in the spread of HIV infection in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Ecological and individual level analysis of risk factors for HIV infection in four urban populations in sub-Saharan Africa with different levels of HIV infectionB Auvert
INSERM U88, AP HP, A Paré, Saint Maurice, France
AIDS 15:S15-30. 2001..To identify factors that could explain differences in rate of spread of HIV between different regions in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Mobility and the spread of human immunodeficiency virus into rural areas of West AfricaE Lagarde
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U88 IFR69, 14 rue du Val d Osne, Hopital National de Saint Maurice, 94410 Saint Maurice, France
Int J Epidemiol 32:744-52. 2003..We conducted a study in three different communities with contrasting infection levels to understand the epidemiology of HIV infection in rural West Africa...
- Knowledge, attitudes and perception of AIDS in rural Senegal: relationship to sexual behaviour and behaviour changeE Lagarde
Laboratory of Biological Anthropology, National Museum of Natural History, Paris, France
AIDS 10:327-34. 1996..They are characterized by a higher risk behaviour, a low rate of condom use and seldom declared any protective measures to avoid HIV infection...
- Road mobility and the risk of road traffic accident as a driver. The impact of medical conditions and life eventsG Parmentier
INSERM, U687, Saint Maurice, France
Accid Anal Prev 37:1121-34. 2005....
- Traffic ticket fixing and driving behaviours in a large French working populationE Lagarde
INSERM U88, IFR69, Saint Maurice cedex, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:562-8. 2004..This study aimed at describing risk taking driving behaviours associated in France with using connections to have traffic tickets cancelled (ticket fixing)...
- Potential for an intervention based on male circumcision in a South African town with high levels of HIV infectionR C Rain-Taljaard
Progressus Research and Development Consultnacy CC, Johannesburg, South Africa
AIDS Care 15:315-27. 2003....
- Concurrent sexual partnerships and HIV prevalence in five urban communities of sub-Saharan AfricaE Lagarde
, , , Saint-Maurice, France
AIDS 15:877-84. 2001..HIV epidemics are the result of many factors, behavioural as well as biological, of which concurrent sexual partnerships are only one...
- Qualitative changes in AIDS preventative attitudes in a rural Senegalese populationA S Wade
Conseil National de Lutte contre le SIDA, Dakar, Senegal
AIDS Care 18:514-9. 2006..Drastic changes in attitudes towards the AIDS threat could be identified over the period. AIDS preventive attitudes measured in 1997 were not sustained in 2003, while stigmatization of PLWHA was very widespread...
- Prevention of HIV and other STIs in rural Senegal: a study of prevention-related events collected by sentinel observersA S Wade
Division SIDA, Senegalese Ministry of Health
SAHARA J 2:251-7. 2005....
- Road crash involvement and professional status: a prospective study using the French Gazel cohortE Lenguerrand
Unité mixte de recherche et surveillance transport travail environnement, UMRESTTE, Bron 69675, France
Accid Anal Prev 40:126-36. 2008..To assess professional status (PS) differences in the risk of road crash involvement (RCI) (irrespective of crash severity), and to examine the underlying mechanism by evaluating the role of exposure to road risk (ERR)...