Genomes and Genes
- Dynamics of α-Hb chain binding to its chaperone AHSP depends on heme coordination and redox stateLaurent Kiger
INSERM, U779, University Paris 11, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1840:277-87. 2014..AHSP is an erythroid molecular chaperone of the α-hemoglobin chains (α-Hb). Upon AHSP binding, native ferric α-Hb undergoes an unprecedented structural rearrangement at the heme site giving rise to a 6th coordination bond with His(E7)...
- Globin-like proteins in Caenorhabditis elegans: in vivo localization, ligand binding and structural propertiesEva Geuens
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
BMC Biochem 11:17. 2010..No information is available on the physicochemical properties and the in vivo expression...
- Electron transfer function versus oxygen delivery: a comparative study for several hexacoordinated globins across the animal kingdomLaurent Kiger
INSERM U779, Universities Paris VI and XI, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
PLoS ONE 6:e20478. 2011..These efficient mechanisms for electron transfer could indicate a family of hexacoordinated globin which are functionally different from that of pentacoordinated globins...
- Hyperthermal stability of neuroglobin and cytoglobinDjemel Hamdane
INSERM U473, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
FEBS J 272:2076-84. 2005....
- High pressure enhances hexacoordination in neuroglobin and other globinsDjemel Hamdane
INSERM U473, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Biol Chem 280:36809-14. 2005....
- Cytoglobin conformations and disulfide bond formationChristophe Lechauve
INSERM U779, Universités Paris VI et XI, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
FEBS J 277:2696-704. 2010..An internal disulfide bond may form which modifies the rate of dissociation of the distal histidine and apparently leads to different cytoglobin conformations, which may affect the observed oxygen affinity by an order of magnitude...
- Alpha-hemoglobin stabilizing protein (AHSP), a kinetic scheme of the action of a human mutant, AHSPV56GThomas Brillet
INSERM U779, Universite de Paris 7, 11 CHU Bicêtre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Biol Chem 285:17986-92. 2010..The overall replacement reaction (AHSP.alpha-Hb + beta-Hb --> AHSP + alphabeta) can be quite long, especially if there is an excess of AHSP relative to beta-Hb monomers...
- Neuroglobin ligand binding kineticsLaurent Kiger
INSERM U473, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
IUBMB Life 56:709-19. 2004..This effect could be of biological relevance for certain organisms, since it would lead to an oxygen affinity that is nearly independent of temperature...
- Octamers and nanoparticles as hemoglobin based blood substitutesVeronique Baudin-Creuza
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM U779, University of Paris XI, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1448-53. 2008..After a general introduction of these basic criteria, we will focus on two strategies concerning the size of the oxygen transporter: Hb octamers, and Hb integrated within a nanoparticle...
- Neuroglobin and prion cellular localization: investigation of a potential interactionChristophe Lechauve
INSERM U779, Universités Paris VI et XI, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Mol Biol 388:968-77. 2009....
- Kinetics inside the protein: shape of the geminate kinetics in myoglobinDjemel Hamdane
INSERM U779, University Paris 11, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Phys Chem B 115:3919-23. 2011..Samples with glycerol display the extended geminate kinetics, while samples in water under pressure do not...
- Neuroglobins, pivotal proteins associated with emerging neural systems and precursors of metazoan globin diversityChristophe Lechauve
INSERM, UMR S 968, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR _7210, Institut de la Vision Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Centre Hospitalier National d Ophtalmologie des Quinze Vingts, 17 rue Moreau, 75012 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 288:6957-67. 2013..e. convergent evolution)...
- Heme ligand binding properties and intradimer interactions in the full-length sensor protein dos from Escherichia coli and its isolated heme domainChristophe Lechauve
INSERM U779, Universités Paris VI et XI, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Biol Chem 284:36146-59. 2009..Dimerization effects were also observed for cyanide binding to the ferric heme domains, suggesting a similar role for Met-95 in ferric proteins...
- Structure and function evolution in the superfamily of globinsHenri Wajcman
INSERM U841, Equipe 11, CHU Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil, France
C R Biol 332:273-82. 2009..All these aspects are discussed in this review...
- Exploiting a list of protein sequencesMichael C Marden
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Gene 398:35-41. 2007..Examples are shown based on globin sequences from various species and on the abnormal human hemoglobins. The software should be of interest to protein engineers who need to know what variants are already known...
- [Hemoglobin, from microorganisms to man: a single structural motif, multiple functions]Henri Wajcman
INSERM U468, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil, France
C R Biol 325:1159-74. 2002..In some species, several haemoglobins, with completely different structure and function, may coexist. This demonstrates how hazardous may be to extrapolate the function of a protein from only structural data...
- Control of the allosteric equilibrium of hemoglobin by cross-linking agentsMichael C Marden
INSERM U473, Hopital de Bicetre, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Protein Sci 11:1376-83. 2002....