- Ancient DNA provides new insights into the history of south Siberian Kurgan peopleChristine Keyser
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Moléculaire, Institut de Medecine Legale, Universite de Strasbourg, 11 rue Humann, 67085, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Hum Genet 126:395-410. 2009..To the best of our knowledge, no equivalent molecular analysis has been undertaken so far...
- Human evolution in Siberia: from frozen bodies to ancient DNAEric Crubezy
Laboratoire AMIS, FRE 2960 CNRS, Universite de Toulouse, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, 31073 Toulouse, France
BMC Evol Biol 10:25. 2010..This study attempts to better understand the origins of the Yakuts by performing genetic analyses on 58 mummified frozen bodies dated from the 15th to the 19th century, excavated from Yakutia (Eastern Siberia)...
- Genetic diversity of a late prehispanic group of the Quebrada de Humahuaca, northwestern ArgentinaFanny Mendisco
Institut de Medecine Legale, AMIS, CNRS UMR 5288, Universite de Strasbourg, F 67085, Strasbourg, France Université Paul Sabatier, AMIS, CNRS UMR 5288, F 31073, Toulouse, France
Ann Hum Genet 78:367-80. 2014..Our results suggest that the communities of the region were divided between two different spheres of interaction, which is consistent with assumptions made by means of craniometric traits. ..
- The genetics of kinship in remote human groupsVincent Zvénigorosky
Institut de Medecine Legale, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France Laboratoire AMIS, CNRS UMR 5288, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 25:52-62. 2016..This work describes this strategy and possible solutions to the study of populations outside of the frame of reference of global meta-populations, due either to isolation, remoteness or antiquity...
- Pigment phenotype and biogeographical ancestry from ancient skeletal remains: inferences from multiplexed autosomal SNP analysisCaroline Bouakaze
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Moléculaire, Institut de Medecine Legale, 11 rue Humann, 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Int J Legal Med 123:315-25. 2009....
- Application of the iPLEX™ Gold SNP genotyping method for the analysis of Amerindian ancient DNA samples: benefits for ancient population studiesFanny Mendisco
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Moléculaire, Universite de Strasbourg, Institut de Medecine Legale, Strasbourg, France
Electrophoresis 32:386-93. 2011..This technique has the advantages of both MS and minisequencing techniques; thus, it should be included in the protocols for future ancient DNA studies...
- Strong genetic admixture in the Altai at the Middle Bronze Age revealed by uniparental and ancestry informative markersClémence Hollard
Laboratoire AMIS, CNRS, UMR 5288, Institut de Medecine Legale, Universite de Strasbourg, France Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 12:199-207. 2014..The good results obtained from ancient DNA samples suggest that this approach might be relevant for forensic casework too. ..
- The ancient Yakuts: a population genetic enigmaChristine Keyser
Institut de Medecine Legale, Laboratoire AMIS, CNRS UMR 5288, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France Laboratoire AMIS, CNRS UMR 5288, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 370:20130385. 2015..The Y-STR analyses led to similar conclusions, because the current Y-STR panels provided the limited resolution of the paternal lineages. ..
- The potential of forensic analysis on human bones found in riverine environmentTania Delabarde
Institute of Legal Medicine, 11 rue de Humann, Universite de Strasbourg, F 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Forensic Sci Int 228:e1-5. 2013....
- [DNA analysis in the anthropological approach of ancient populations]Christine Keyser
Institut de Medecine Legale, Laboratoire d Anthropologie Moléculaire, Strasbourg, France
Med Sci (Paris) 29:637-41. 2013..The single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) analyses on the physical traits indicate that the ancient studied specimens were blue or green eyed, fair skinned and light-haired. ..
- Detection of age-related duplications in mtDNA from human muscles and bonesMarie Lacan
Institute of Legal Medicine, EA4438, University of Strasbourg, 11 rue Humann, 67085, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Int J Legal Med 125:293-300. 2011..These results confirm that several age-related mutations can be detected in the D-loop of mtDNA and open the way for the use of molecular markers for age estimation in forensic and/or anthropological identification...