- [Perception and understanding chronic heart failure by the patient. The impact of therapeutic education on the level of knowledge of patients. About 350 cases]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie CHR Dubos, 6 avenue de France, 95300 Pontoise
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 100:163-74. 2007..The aim of our study was to analyze the patient's perception of the disease and his/her practices about this disease, as well as the treatments used...
- [Brain natriuretic peptide, heart failure and elderly patients]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue de l Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:285-9. 2003..Ageing may increase these peptides, especially in case of comorbidities like renal failure or hypertension and require adjustment for age. Diagnostic value of natriuretic peptides seems however preserved in elderly people...
- [Educating patients about heart failure in community hospitals: it is possible...]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue d Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:329-36. 2003..However, therapeutic education for heart failure patients becomes more and more essential in clinical practice and improves patient knowledge and implication and hospitalization duration...
- [Clinical research in community hospitals in France]P Jourdain
Service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier René Dubos, 6, avenue de l Ile de France, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:349-51. 2003..Even it is sometimes difficult to do, improvement of medical science and patient management through publications and communications are the ultimate goal of such trials......
- [Brain natriuretic peptide and heart failure, from bench to bedside]P Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier R Dubos, 95300 Pontoise, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 53:193-9. 2004..BNP use is now recommended by European Society of Cardiology guidelines but multiplication of publications about BNP and NTProBNP show new possible applications for natriuretic peptides...
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide-guided therapy to improve outcome in heart failure: the STARS-BNP Multicenter StudyPatrick Jourdain
Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1733-9. 2007..The aim of this multicenter study was to evaluate the prognostic impact of a therapeutic strategy using plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels...
- [Secondary prevention in the elderly or very elderly patient: indications, limitations and...perspectives]P Jourdain
Service de cardiologie, CH René Dubos, 6, avenue de l lle de France, 95300 Pontoise
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:45-9. 2006....
- B-CONVINCED: Beta-blocker CONtinuation Vs. INterruption in patients with Congestive heart failure hospitalizED for a decompensation episodeGuillaume Jondeau
AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Service de cardiologie, Faculté de Médecine Paris VII, INSERM U698, Paris F 75018, France
Eur Heart J 30:2186-92. 2009..Whether or not beta-blocker therapy should be stopped during acutely decompensated heart failure (ADHF) is unsure...
- Galectin-3: a new biomarker for the diagnosis, analysis and prognosis of acute and chronic heart failureNataliya Hrynchyshyn
Heart Failure Unit, Cardiology Department, Rene Dubos Hospital, 6, avenue de l Ile de France, 95303 Pontoise, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 106:541-6. 2013....
- [Therapeutic education of heart failure patients in France]Patrick Jourdain
Unité thérapeutique d insuffisance cardiaque et école du coeur, CH René Dubos, F 95300 Pontoise, France
Presse Med 38:1797-804. 2009....
- Current aspects of the spectrum of acute heart failure syndromes in a real-life setting: the OFICA studyDamien Logeart
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Lariboisière Saint Louis, INSERM U942, Paris 7 University, Paris, France
Eur J Heart Fail 15:465-76. 2013..To improve knowledge of epidemiological data, management, and clinical outcome of acute heart failure (AHF) in a real-life setting in France...
- Transient worsening of renal function during hospitalization for acute heart failure alters outcomeDamien Logeart
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Int J Cardiol 127:228-32. 2008..We studied prevalence, causes and consequences of worsening renal function (WRF) during hospitalization for acute heart failure (AHF)...
- Combined copeptin and troponin to rule out myocardial infarction in patients with chest pain and a history of coronary artery diseasePatrick Ray
Department of Emergency Medicine, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, INSERM UMRS 956, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75013, Paris, France
Am J Emerg Med 30:440-8. 2012....
- Heart rate distribution and predictors of increased heart rate among French hypertensive patients with stable coronary artery disease. Data from the LHYCORNE cohortLuc Lorgis
Service de cardiologie, CHU Bocage, Boulevard Marechal De Lattre de Tassigny, Dijon, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:541-7. 2009..Currently there is no information about heart rate distribution and predictors of high heart rate in patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- A gray zone assigned to inconclusive results of quantitative diagnostic tests: Application to the use of brain natriuretic peptide for diagnosis of heart failure in acute dyspneic patientsJoel Coste
Department of Biostatistics, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Clin Chem 52:2229-35. 2006....
- Home point-of-care international normalised ratio monitoring sustained by a non-selective educational program in childrenFanny Bajolle
centre de référence malformations cardiaques congénitales complexes M3C, Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 108:710-8. 2012..In conclusion, this non-selective child-focused EP for VKA therapy, strongly supported by our dedicated game, is useful in maintaining efficacy, safety and compliance to anticoagulation and its monitoring...
- Predischarge B-type natriuretic peptide assay for identifying patients at high risk of re-admission after decompensated heart failureDamien Logeart
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:635-41. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the value of serial B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) assay for predicting post-discharge outcome of patients admitted for decompensated congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Fifteen-year trends in the management of cardiogenic shock and associated 1-year mortality in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction: the FAST-MI programmeNadia Aissaoui
AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France, and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Heart Fail 18:1144-52. 2016..This study aimed to assess the trends in prevalence, characteristics, management, and outcomes of elderly patients admitted with CS complicating AMI between 1995 and 2010, using data from the FAST-MI programme...
- Brain natriuretic peptide usefulness in very elderly dyspnoeic patients: the BED studyMatthieu Plichart
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Broca Hospital, Paris, France
Eur J Heart Fail . 2016..To evaluate the interest of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) for heart failure (HF) diagnosis in very old patients...
- Creation of standardized tools for therapeutic education specifically dedicated to chronic heart failure patients: the French I-CARE projectYves Juilliere
CHU Nancy Brabois, Cardiology, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Int J Cardiol 113:355-63. 2006..To develop educational programs in chronic heart failure (CHF), creation of standardized tools for therapeutic education specifically dedicated to CHF patients was performed as a part of the French I-CARE project...
- B-type natriuretic Peptide: application in the communityKen McDonald
St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Congest Heart Fail 14:12-6. 2008..The following review will outline established and potential new roles for natriuretic peptide assessment in the community...