Genomes and Genes
- Adiponectin, an anti-carcinogenic hormone? A systematic review on breast, colorectal, liver and prostate cancerS Perrier
AGM Communication, Clermont Ferrand, France
Curr Med Chem 19:5501-12. 2012....
- Involvement of adiponectin and leptin in breast cancer: clinical and in vitro studiesT Jarde
université Clermont 1, UFR Pharmacie, EA4233, CLARA, CRNH A, Clermont Ferrand, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:1197-210. 2009..In conclusion, the current study indicates an interaction of leptin- and adiponectin-signaling pathways in MCF-7 cancer cells whose proliferation is stimulated by leptin and suppressed by adiponectin...
- Molecular mechanisms of leptin and adiponectin in breast cancerThierry Jardé
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, S Wales, Cardiff CF10 3US, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 47:33-43. 2011..This review provides insight into recent findings on the molecular mechanisms of leptin and adiponectin in mammary tumours, and discusses the potential interplay between these two adipokines in breast cancer...
- New insights into anticarcinogenic properties of adiponectin: a potential therapeutic approach in breast cancer?Laetitia Delort
Clermont Universite, Universite d Auvergne, UFR Pharmacie, Laboratoire SVFp, 28 Place Henri Dunant, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Vitam Horm 90:397-417. 2012..This therapeutic approach may be of particular significance for obese patients. The beneficial effects of adiponectin and its possible therapeutic applications will be discussed in this review...
- Leptin induces a proliferative response in breast cancer cells but not in normal breast cellsVirginie Dubois
a Clermont Université, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France and INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, ECREIN, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France
Nutr Cancer 66:645-55. 2014..Autoregulation induced by leptin, relationship with estrogen pathway, and proliferative and antiapoptic activity in breast cancer cells may explain that obesity-associated hyperleptinemia may be a breast cancer risk factor. ..
- Conditional disruption of Axin1 leads to development of liver tumors in miceGui Jie Feng
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 143:1650-9. 2012..Disruption of Axin1 causes embryonic lethality in mice. We generated mice with conditional disruption of Axin1 to study its function specifically in adult liver...
- Leptin and leptin receptor involvement in cancer development: a study on human primary breast carcinomaThierry Jardé
UFR Pharmacie, université Clermont 1, EA2416, France
Oncol Rep 19:905-11. 2008..Finally, the fact that Ob-R expression was positively correlated with tumour size may point to a potential role of leptin as a growth factor and of Ob-R as a new prognostic factor...
- Brg1 is required for stem cell maintenance in the murine intestinal epithelium in a tissue-specific mannerAliaksei Z Holik
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom Stem Cells and Cancer Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Stem Cells 31:2457-66. 2013....
- Intestinal renin-angiotensin system is stimulated after deletion of Lkb1Boris Y Shorning
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Gut 61:202-13. 2012..In this study, the authors investigate the mechanisms underlying this phenotype by exploring the transcriptional changes associated with Lkb1 deletion in intestinal epithelium...