Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- [Basal-like breast cancer: a review]Isabelle Treilleux
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Leon Berard, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Ann Pathol 29:180-6. 2009..Pure basal and basal/myoepithelial subtypes have a poor prognosis in contrast to the myoepithelial subtype...
- Collagenous spherulosis mimicking keratinizing squamous metaplasia in a borderline endometrioid tumour of the ovaryI Treilleux
Departement d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Histopathology 35:271-6. 1999..It is characterized by fibrillar spherules exhibiting an intrinsic radiating or concentric pattern which are surrounded by myoepithelial cells. This entity can be misdiagnosed as adenoid cystic carcinoma and in-situ ductal carcinoma...
- Tamoxifen and malignant epithelial-nonepithelial tumours of the endometrium: report of six cases and review of the literatureT Treilleux
Département d gt gt Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon, Cedex 08, 69373, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 25:477-82. 1999..These tumours include endometrial carcinomas, stromal sarcomas, leiomyosarcomas as well as malignant mixed (epithelial-nonepithelial) tumours...
- TIF1γ requires sumoylation to exert its repressive activity on TGFβ signalingLaurent Fattet
INSERM U1052, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, 69373 Lyon, Cedex 08, France
J Cell Sci 126:3713-23. 2013..Taken together, our results identify a new TGFβ regulatory layer, whereby sumoylation strengthens the TIF1γ repressive action on canonical TGFβ signaling...
- The conditional expression of KRAS G12D in mouse pancreas induces disorganization of endocrine islets prior the onset of ductal pre-cancerous lesionsJohann Gout
TGFβ and Pancreatic Cancer Laboratory, INSERM U1052, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Lyon, France
Pancreatology 13:191-5. 2013..Although Pdx1-Cre is expressed in the embryonic endoderm, which gives rise to all pancreatic lineages, the possible consequences of KRAS(G12D) expression in the endocrine compartment have never been finely explored...
- Breast cancer-derived transforming growth factor-β and tumor necrosis factor-α compromise interferon-α production by tumor-associated plasmacytoid dendritic cellsVanja Sisirak
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 133:771-8. 2013..Our findings indicate that targeting TApDC to restore their IFN-α production might be an achievable strategy to induce antitumor immunity in breast cancer by combining TLR7/9-based immunotherapy with TGF-β and TNF-α antagonists...
- Prognostic value of the expression of C-Chemokine Receptor 6 and 7 and their ligands in non-metastatic breast cancerPhilippe A Cassier
Department of Medecine, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
BMC Cancer 11:213. 2011..Chemokines CCL19, CCL20 and CCL21 and their receptors CCR6 and CCR7, were assessed as potential biomarkers of metastatic dissemination in primary breast cancer...
- Impaired IFN-α production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells favors regulatory T-cell expansion that may contribute to breast cancer progressionVanja Sisirak
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 72:5188-97. 2012..Thus, targeting pDC to restore their IFN-α production may represent an attractive therapeutic strategy to overcome immune tolerance in breast cancer...
- Bevacizumab and paclitaxel for breast cancer patients with central nervous system metastases: a case seriesSana Intidhar Labidi
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Laennec, France
Clin Breast Cancer 9:118-21. 2009....
- Molecular characterization of anastrozole resistance in breast cancer: pivotal role of the Akt/mTOR pathway in the emergence of de novo or acquired resistance and importance of combining the allosteric Akt inhibitor MK-2206 with an aromatase inhibitorPaul Vilquin
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 133:1589-602. 2013....
- ICOS-ligand expression on plasmacytoid dendritic cells supports breast cancer progression by promoting the accumulation of immunosuppressive CD4+ T cellsJulien Faget
Team 11, Cancer Research Center of Lyon, INSERM, France
Cancer Res 72:6130-41. 2012..These findings strongly rationalize antibody-mediated ICOS blockade as a powerful clinical strategy to correct immune escape and promote therapeutic responses in breast cancer...
- First-line endocrine therapy alone could be a reasonable treatment option for hormone-positive, HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerJulien Peron
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Medical Oncology, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:E18-25. 2012..Previously validated clinical practice guidelines recommending the use of endocrine therapy alone in first line might be changed...
- Early detection of tumor cells by innate immune cells leads to T(reg) recruitment through CCL22 production by tumor cellsJulien Faget
Centre Leon Berard, F 69000 Lyon, France
Cancer Res 71:6143-52. 2011....
- A functional interplay between ZNF217 and estrogen receptor alpha exists in luminal breast cancersNhan T Nguyen
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France INSERM U1052, CNRS UMR5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Lyon, France
Mol Oncol 8:1441-57. 2014..Here we propose a model in ER+ breast cancer where ZNF217-driven aggressiveness incorporates ZNF217 as a positive enhancer of ERα direct genomic activity and where ZNF217 possesses its highest discriminatory prognostic value. ..
- Tumor promotion by intratumoral plasmacytoid dendritic cells is reversed by TLR7 ligand treatmentIsabelle Le Mercier
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 73:4629-40. 2013..Our results establish a direct contribution of TApDC to primary breast tumor progression and rationalize the application of TLR7 ligands to restore TApDC activation in breast cancer. Cancer Res; 73(15); 4629-40. ©2013 AACR. ..
- Primary ovarian borderline tumor in the inguinal lymph nodeNicolas Carrabin
Department of Surgical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Gynecol Pathol 32:167-70. 2013..Ectopic ovarian tissue can be observed in lymph node. We don't believe ectopic location of ovarian tissue increase the risk of neoplastic change...
- [Adjuvant treatments in breast cancer: interest of completion of axillary dissection in case of micrometastases or isolated tumor cells in sentinel lymph node]Caroline Schmitt
Centre Leon Berard, 28, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:463-9. 2012..The results of our study show that non-sentinel lymph node status modify systemic therapy for a very few patients (less than 4% concerning chimiotherapy and less than 15% concerning radiotherapy)...
- [Antihormonal therapy in breast cancer and mTOR inhibitors]Pierre Etienne Heudel
Centre Leon Berard, Oncologie Médicale, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 98:1431-7. 2011....
- ADP ribosylation factor like 2 (Arl2) regulates breast tumor aggressivity in immunodeficient miceAnne Beghin
INSERM U590, Universite Lyon 1, ISPB, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7478. 2009..These data underline the role of Arl2, a small GTPase, as an important regulator of breast tumor cell aggressivity, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Combining chemotherapeutic agents and netrin-1 interference potentiates cancer cell deathAndrea Paradisi
Apoptosis, Cancer and Development Laboratory Equipe labellisée La Ligue, LabEx DEVweCAN, Centre de Cancérologie de Lyon, INSERM U1052 CNRS UMR5286, Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
EMBO Mol Med 5:1821-34. 2013..Together these data suggest that combining conventional chemotherapies with netrin-1 interference could be a promising therapeutic approach. ..
- Multidisciplinarity and medical decision, impact for patients with cancer: sociological assessment of two tumour committees' organizationPatrick Castel
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Bull Cancer 99:E34-42. 2012..In the present study, we evaluated the organization of two multidisciplinary committees, one for breast cancer and one for sarcoma, in a French Comprehensive Cancer Centre...
- BCIRG 001 molecular analysis: prognostic factors in node-positive breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant chemotherapyCharles Dumontet
INSERM 590, Faculté Rockefeller, 8 avenue Rockefeller, Lyon, France
Clin Cancer Res 16:3988-97. 2010....
- DICER1 and FOXL2 mutations in ovarian sex cord-stromal tumours: a GINECO Group studyThibault Goulvent
U1052 INSERM, UMR CNRS 5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Histopathology 68:279-85. 2016..Our aim was to determine the implications of DICER1 and FOXL2 mutations in 156 ovarian sex cord-stromal tumours (SCSTs)...
- Impact of a second opinion using expression and molecular analysis of FOXL2 for sex cord-stromal tumors. A study of the GINECO group & the TMRO networkDenis Maillet
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France Université Claude Bernard Lyon1 Université de Lyon, Lyon, France
Gynecol Oncol 132:181-7. 2014..This study aims to assess the benefit of an algorithm incorporating these new tools for a better diagnosis and classification of SCSTs..
- High incidence of mammary intraepithelial neoplasia development in Men1-disrupted murine mammary glandsChristelle Seigne
Universite Lyon, F 69000, Lyon, France
J Pathol 229:546-58. 2013..Taken together, the current work indicates a role of Men1 inactivation in the development of mammary pre-cancerous lesions in mice and a potential role in human mammary cancer...
- Tif1γ is essential for the terminal differentiation of mammary alveolar epithelial cells and for lactation through SMAD4 inhibitionCédric Hesling
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Inserm UMR S1052, CNRS UMR5286, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Development 140:167-75. 2013..We propose that Tif1γ contributes to the repression of TGFβ activity during late pregnancy and prevents lactation by inhibiting SMAD4...
- Generation of mice with conditionally activated transforming growth factor beta signaling through the TbetaRI/ALK5 receptorLaurent Bartholin
INSERM, U590, INSERM Avenirgroup, Oncogenèse et progression tumorale, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Genesis 46:724-31. 2008..In addition to the information provided on TGFbeta effects on T-cell biology, LSL-TbetaRI(CA) mouse constitutes an attractive tool to address the effect of TGFbeta signaling upregulation in any cell type expressing the cre-recombinase...
- Silencing of FLRG, an antagonist of activin, inhibits human breast tumor cell growthDiane Razanajaona
INSERM, U590, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 67:7223-9. 2007..Our data provide strong evidence that endogenous FLRG contributes to tumor cell proliferation through antagonizing endogenous activin effects...
- Quantitative and functional alterations of plasmacytoid dendritic cells contribute to immune tolerance in ovarian cancerSana Intidhar Labidi-Galy
Departments of Medical Oncology, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 71:5423-34. 2011..Taken together, our findings indicate that both local and systemic dysfunction of pDC play a critical role in the progression of ovarian cancer via induction of immune tolerance...
- Netrin-1 expression confers a selective advantage for tumor cell survival in metastatic breast cancerJulien Fitamant
Apoptosis, Cancer, and Development Laboratory Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5238, Centre Leon Berard, Université de Lyon 69008 Lyon, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4850-5. 2008....
- Management of patients diagnosed with atypical ductal hyperplasia by vacuum-assisted core biopsy: a prospective assessment of the guidelines used at our institutionAlizée Caplain
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Am J Surg 208:260-7. 2014....
- EMT inducers catalyze malignant transformation of mammary epithelial cells and drive tumorigenesis towards claudin-low tumors in transgenic miceAnne Pierre Morel
Inserm UMR S1052, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS Genet 8:e1002723. 2012..Challenging this prevailing view, we propose that these aggressive tumors arise from cells committed to luminal differentiation, through a process driven by EMT inducers and combining malignant transformation and transdifferentiation...
- ZNF217 is a marker of poor prognosis in breast cancer that drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasionJulie A Vendrell
ISPB, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 72:3593-606. 2012..Therapeutic targeting of ZNF217 of the TGF-β signaling pathway may benefit the subset of patients whose tumors express high levels of ZNF217...
- Management of rare ovarian cancers: the experience of the French website "Observatory for rare malignant tumours of the ovaries" by the GINECO group: interim analysis of the first 100 patientsIsabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, SIS 4921, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Gynecol Oncol 119:53-9. 2010..We report the results of the first 100 patients with germ cell (GCT) and sex cord-stromal (SCT) tumours...
- Regulation of estrogen rapid signaling through arginine methylation by PRMT1Muriel Le Romancer
INSERM, U590, Lyon F 69008, France Université de Lyon, Lyon 1, ISPB and IFR62, Lyon F 69003, France
Mol Cell 31:212-21. 2008..Our data indicate that the methylation of ERalpha is a physiological process occurring in the cytoplasm of normal and malignant epithelial breast cells and that ERalpha is hypermethylated in a subset of breast cancers...
- 17β-estradiol inhibits spreading of metastatic cells from granulosa cell tumors through a non-genomic mechanism involving GPER1Charlotte M François
INSERM U1133, Physiologie de l Axe Gonadotrope, F 75013 Paris, France, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, biologie fonctionnelle et adaptative, F 75013 Paris, France, CNRS UMR 8251, biologie fonctionnelle et adaptative, F 75013 Paris, France
Carcinogenesis 36:564-73. 2015..Overall, our study reveals that E2 would act via non-classical pathways to prevent metastasis spreading in GCTs and also reveals GPER1 as a possible target in this disease. ..
- Mutational characterization of individual breast tumors: TP53 and PI3K pathway genes are frequently and distinctively mutated in different subtypesSandrine Boyault
Laboratoire de Recherche Translationnelle, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:29-39. 2012..These two distinct mutation patterns were significantly associated to hormone receptor expression but independent of HER2 status...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of strategies for HER2 testing of breast cancer patients in FranceMagali Morelle
Health Economics Research Group in Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:396-401. 2006..A cost-effectiveness analysis was conducted comparing diagnostic strategies for determining the HER2 status of invasive breast carcinomas, as an indication for trastuzumab at metastatic relapse...
- LKB1 when associated with methylatedERα is a marker of bad prognosis in breast cancerKatia Bouchekioua-Bouzaghou
Universite de Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, France INSERM U1052, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, France CNRS UMR5286, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, France Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 135:1307-18. 2014..In conclusion, our results highlight that LKB1 expression in breast cancer appears to have opposite effects depending on its subcellular localization and may be used as a new prognostic biomarker. ..
- Predicting everolimus treatment efficacy in patients with advanced endometrial carcinoma: a GINECO group studyOlivier Tredan
Department of Medical Oncology, Leon Berard Cancer Center, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon, 69008, France
Target Oncol 8:243-51. 2013..However, endometrial cancer patients with K-RAS mutations do not seem to derive benefit from everolimus treatment...
- Activation of rapid oestrogen signalling in aggressive human breast cancersCoralie Poulard
Universite de Lyon, France
EMBO Mol Med 4:1200-13. 2012..Our data introduces the new concept that the rapid oestrogen pathway is operative in vivo. It also provides a rationale for patient stratification defined by the activation of this pathway and the identification of target therapies...
- Tif1γ suppresses murine pancreatic tumoral transformation by a Smad4-independent pathwayDavid F Vincent
INSERM U1052, Cancer Research Center of Lyon CRCL, Lyon, France
Am J Pathol 180:2214-21. 2012..These findings establish, for the first time to our knowledge, that Tif1γ and Smad4 both regulate an intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm-to-PDAC sequence through distinct tumor-suppressor programs...
- Is surgical biopsy mandatory in case of atypical ductal hyperplasia on 11-gauge core needle biopsy? A retrospective study of 300 patientsCaroline Forgeard
Department of Pathology, Leon Berard Centre, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Am J Surg 196:339-45. 2008..Since the underestimation rate varies from 7% to 36%, surgical excision is still recommended, although some authors have tried to identify a subset of patients who can be spared surgery...
- Prognosis of early-onset breast cancer based on BRCA1/2 mutation status in a French population-based cohort and reviewValerie Bonadona
Centre Leon Berard, Unit of Prevention and Genetic Epidemiology, 28 rue Laennec, 69 373 Lyon cedex 08, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:233-45. 2007..The debate concerning poorer survival for patients with breast cancer (BC) carrying a BRCA1 germline mutation is unresolved, and requires additional data from population-based studies...
- Tumor alphavbeta3 integrin is a therapeutic target for breast cancer bone metastasesYingshe Zhao
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR 664, IFR62, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 67:5821-30. 2007..Overall, our data show that tumor alphavbeta3 integrin stands as a therapeutic target for the prevention of skeletal metastases...
- Breast carcinoma cells promote the differentiation of CD34+ progenitors towards 2 different subpopulations of dendritic cells with CD1a(high)CD86(-)Langerin- and CD1a(+)CD86(+)Langerin+ phenotypesMarie Cécile Thomachot
Equipe Cytokines et Cancers, INSERM U 590, Centre Léon B, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 110:710-20. 2004..The infiltration of BCC by these altered DC may contribute to the impaired immune response against the tumor...
- [Neoadjuvant chemotherapy and ovarian cancer]Isabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon
Bull Cancer 93:669-76. 2006..The strategy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, followed by interval debulking surgery, should be confirmed in a prospective randomized trial. The EORTC55971 trial is currently addressing this issue...
- A whole-genome sequence and transcriptome perspective on HER2-positive breast cancersAnthony Ferrari
Synergie Lyon Cancer, Plateforme de Bioinformatique Gilles Thomas Centre Léon Bérard, 28 rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Nat Commun 7:12222. 2016..The results also lead to a refined ERBB2 amplicon of 106 kb and show that several cases of amplifications are compatible with a breakage-fusion-bridge mechanism. ..
- Long-term exposure to bisphenol A or benzo(a)pyrene alters the fate of human mammary epithelial stem cells in response to BMP2 and BMP4, by pre-activating BMP signalingFlora Clément
Univ Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, F 69008, France
Cell Death Differ . 2016..Cell Death and Differentiation advance online publication, 14 October 2016; doi:10.1038/cdd.2016.107...
- SMARCA4 inactivation defines a group of undifferentiated thoracic malignancies transcriptionally related to BAF-deficient sarcomasFrançois Le Loarer
Cancer Research Center of Lyon, INSERM U1052, Lyon, France
Nat Genet 47:1200-5. 2015..The prospective recruitment of cases confirmed this new category of 'SMARCA4-deficient thoracic sarcomas' as readily recognizable in clinical practice, providing opportunities to tailor their therapeutic management...
- Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) consensus review for cervical adenocarcinomaHiroyuki Fujiwara
Jichi Medical University, Shimono City, Japan and GOTIC Saitama Cancer Center, Saitama City, Japan and GOTIC University of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ and GOG Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France and GINECO Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France and GINECO The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia and ANZGOG Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea and KGOG Universtatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany and AGO Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD and GOG Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale IRCCS, Milan, Italy and MITO and Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, Hidaka City, Japan and GOTIC
Int J Gynecol Cancer 24:S96-101. 2014..Prospective clinical trials are needed to help develop treatment guidelines...
- Inactivation of TIF1gamma cooperates with Kras to induce cystic tumors of the pancreasDavid F Vincent
INSERM, U590, IFR62, Lyon, France
PLoS Genet 5:e1000575. 2009....