Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Chronic Helicobacter pylori infections induce gastric mutations in miceEliette Touati
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 124:1408-19. 2003..The aim of this study was to analyze the role of H. pylori infections in the induction of mutagenic events in gastric epithelial cells. The effect of a high-salt diet as a genotoxic risk factor was also investigated...
- When bacteria become mutagenic and carcinogenic: lessons from H. pyloriEliette Touati
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pathogenèse de Helicobacter, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mutat Res 703:66-70. 2010..pylori infection...
- Crosstalk between Helicobacter pylori and gastric epithelial cells is impaired by docosahexaenoic acidMarta Correia
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto IPATIMUP, Rua Dr Roberto Frias s n, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 8:e60657. 2013..pylori-related inflammation...
- Deficiency in OGG1 protects against inflammation and mutagenic effects associated with H. pylori infection in mouseEliette Touati
Unité de Pathogénie Bactérienne des Muqueuses, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Helicobacter 11:494-505. 2006..The present work investigates the consequences of a deficiency in the OGG1 DNA glycosylase, responsible for the excision of 8-oxo guanine, on the inflammatory and genotoxic host response to the infection...
- Docosahexaenoic acid inhibits Helicobacter pylori growth in vitro and mice gastric mucosa colonizationMarta Correia
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e35072. 2012..DHA treatment is also associated with a lower recurrence of H. pylori infection in combination with ST. These observations pave the way to consider DHA as an adjunct agent in H. pylori eradication treatment...
- Glycophenotypic alterations induced by Pteridium aquilinum in mice gastric mucosa: synergistic effect with Helicobacter pylori infectionJoana Gomes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e38353. 2012....
- H. pylori-induced promoter hypermethylation downregulates USF1 and USF2 transcription factor gene expressionFrancoise I Bussiere
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pathogenèse de Helicobacter, Paris, France
Cell Microbiol 12:1124-33. 2010..These mechanisms occurred in the context of metaplastic lesions, suggesting that alteration of USF1 and USF2 levels could participate in the promotion of neoplastic process during H. pylori infection...
- Genotoxicity of 2-nitro-7-methoxy-naphtho[2,1-b]furan (R7000): a case study with some considerations on nitrofurantoin and nifuroxazideMaurice Hofnung
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, CNRS URA 1444, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Res Microbiol 153:427-34. 2002..In the present paper, we review essential data on the genotoxicity of R7000 and briefly discuss the case of nitrofurantoin and nifuroxazide, two nitrofurans, still in use as urinary and gastrointestinal disinfectants...
- Pteridium aquilinum and its ptaquiloside toxin induce DNA damage response in gastric epithelial cells, a link with gastric carcinogenesisJoana Gomes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto IPATIMUP, Universidade do Porto, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Toxicol Sci 126:60-71. 2012..aquilinum. These results are in agreement with the carcinogenic properties attributed to this fern and its ptaquiloside toxin and support their role in promoting gastric carcinogenesis...
- Anti-Helicobacter pylori activities of natural isopentenyloxycinnamyl derivatives from Boronia pinnataCécile Ribeiro da Silva
Unit ofHelicobacter Pathogenesis, Department ofMicrobiology, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nat Prod Commun 7:1347-50. 2012..These data indicate that these natural isopentenyloxycinnamyl derivatives related to boropinic acid can be considered as novel antibacterial agents with anti-H. pylori activity...
- Helicobacter pylori's cholesterol uptake impacts resistance to docosahexaenoic acidMarta Correia
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Rua Dr Roberto Frias, S N, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Al Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pathogenèse de Helicobacter, 25, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Int J Med Microbiol 304:314-20. 2014..pylori. The cholesterol-dependent resistance of H. pylori to antimicrobial compounds raises new important aspects for the development of new anti-bacterial strategies. ..
- Comparison of kinetics of induction of DNA adducts and gene mutations by a nitrofuran compound, 7-methoxy-2-nitronaphtho[2,1-b]furan (R7000), in the caecum and small intestine of Big Blue miceXavier Arrault
Unité de Programmation Moléculaire et de Toxicologie Génétique, CNRS URA 1444, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mutagenesis 17:353-9. 2002..Some discrepancies in the R7000 genotoxic effects between the two organs were observed, which may be attributable to differences in the metabolic activation pathway of the compound, as well as to DNA repair proficiency in each tissue...
- Pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori infectionAna C Costa
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Helicobacter 14:15-20. 2009..pylori with diverse host epithelial signaling pathways and events involved in the initiation of carcinogenesis, including genetic instability and dysregulation of DNA repair...
- Circulating mitochondrial DNA level, a noninvasive biomarker for the early detection of gastric cancerJulien Fernandes
Institut Pasteur, Department of Microbiology, Helicobacter Pathogenesis Unit CNRS, Paris, France CNRS, ERL3526, Paris, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 23:2430-8. 2014..We aimed to determine whether peripheral leukocytes mtDNA levels are associated with stages of the gastric carcinogenesis cascade...
- Organ-targeted mutagenicity of nitrofurantoin in Big Blue transgenic micePhilippe Quillardet
Unité des Cyanobactéries, Institut Pasteur 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex15, France
Mutagenesis 21:305-11. 2006..These data are relevant to the targeted action of nitrofurantoin as a urinary antimicrobial agent. No significant increase of mutants was detected in the case of nifuroxazide-treated mice whatever the organs analysed...