Affiliation: Institut National du Sport et de l'Education Physique
- Psychological balance in high level athletes: gender-based differences and sport-specific patternsKarine Schaal
Institut de Recherche Bio Médicale et Epidémiologique du Sport, Institut National du Sport, de l Expertise et de la Performance, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e19007. 2011..This study aimed to identify the principal psychological problems encountered within French high level athletes, and the variations in their prevalence based on sex and the sport practiced...
- Head Exposure to Cold during Whole-Body Cryostimulation: Influence on Thermal Response and Autonomic ModulationJulien Louis
Research Department, Sport Expertise and Performance SEP Laboratory, French National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance INSEP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0124776. 2015..The main result of this study indicates that the head exposure to cold during whole-body cryostimulation may not be the main factor responsible for the effects of cryostimulation on the ANS...
- Whole-Body Cryostimulation Limits Overreaching in Elite Synchronized SwimmersKarine Schaal
1Laboratory of Sport, Expertise and Performance, French National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, Paris, FRANCE 2Sports Performance Laboratory, Sports Medicine Program, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 3Medical Department, French National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, Paris, FRANCE and 4French Swimming Federation FFN, Pantin, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 47:1416-25. 2015....
- Evidence of parasympathetic hyperactivity in functionally overreached athletesYann Le Meur
1Laboratory of Sport, Expertise and Performance, National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, Paris, FRANCE 2Laboratory of Functional and Cellular Responses to Hypoxia, University Paris 13 North, Bobigny, FRANCE 3Sports Medicine Program, Sports Performance Laboratory, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 4French National Ski Center, Premanon, FRANCE 5National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, Medical Department, Paris, FRANCE and 6CESeM, CNRS, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:2061-71. 2013..We analyzed HR variability (HRV) to detect alterations in autonomic function that may be associated with functional overreaching (F-OR) in endurance athletes...
- Secular trend: morphology and performanceAdrien Sedeaud
a IRMES, Institut de Recherche bioMédicale et d Epidémiologie du Sport, Paris, France
J Sports Sci 32:1146-54. 2014..Discrepancies between some mass and height developments question the (disproportionate) large mass increase (relative to the height increase) during the 1980s and 1990s. ..
- Parasympathetic activity and blood catecholamine responses following a single partial-body cryostimulation and a whole-body cryostimulationChristophe Hausswirth
Research Department, Sport Expertise and Performance SEP Laboratory, National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance INSEP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e72658. 2013..The results of this study also suggest that a whole-body cold exposure induced a larger stimulation of the ANS compared to partial-body cold exposure. ..
- Effect of recovery mode on postexercise vagal reactivation in elite synchronized swimmersKarine Schaal
Research Department, National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance INSEP, Paris, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 38:126-33. 2013..In the context of short-term recovery, WBC yields a strong parasympathetic reactivation, and shows similar effectiveness to ACT on the metabolic parameters of recovery and subsequent exercise capacity...
- Success and decline: top 10 tennis players follow a biphasic courseMarion Guillaume
Institute for Biomedical and Epidemiological Research in Sport, Paris, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:2148-54. 2011..The victory percentages for tennis players who entered the top 10 women and men rankings show various evolutions related to age and time since 1968...