Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Wnt/beta-catenin is essential for intestinal homeostasis and maintenance of intestinal stem cellsTea Fevr
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, ISREC Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 27:7551-9. 2007..This challenges attempts to target aberrant Wnt signaling as a new therapeutic strategy to treat colorectal cancer...
- The epithelial cell cytoskeleton and intracellular trafficking. III. How is villin involved in the actin cytoskeleton dynamics in intestinal cells?Rafika Athman
Laboratoire de Morphogenèse et Signalisation Cellulaires, Institut Curie UMR 144, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G496-502. 2002..Our data suggest that villin is involved in actin remodeling necessary for many cellular processes requiring the actin cytoskeleton plasticity...
- Krüppel-like factor 5 mediates cellular transformation during oncogenic KRAS-induced intestinal tumorigenesisMandayam O Nandan
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Gastroenterology 134:120-30. 2008..Oncogenic KRAS mutations are commonly found in colorectal cancers. We aimed to determine whether KLF5 mediates KRAS functions during intestinal tumorigenesis...
- Heterogeneous metastasis efficiency of isogenic orthotopic colon cancer xenografts reveals distinctive gene expression profilesMiguel Abal
Transfer Laboratory, Institut Curie CNRS, Paris, France
Tumour Biol 28:139-50. 2007..This dynamic process might determine tumor progression, namely the metastasis dissemination...
- [Notch signals control the fate of immature progenitor cells in the intestine]Sylvie Robine
Morphogenèse et signalisation intracellulaires, Institut Curie, CNRS UMR 144, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 21:780-2. 2005
- Krüppel-like factor 5 is a crucial mediator of intestinal tumorigenesis in mice harboring combined ApcMin and KRASV12 mutationsMandayam O Nandan
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 201 Whitehead Research Building, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Cancer 9:63. 2010..Here we investigated the in vivo effect of Klf5 heterozygosity on the propensity of ApcMin/KRASV12 double transgenic mice to develop intestinal tumors...
- In vivo, villin is required for Ca(2+)-dependent F-actin disruption in intestinal brush bordersE Ferrary
Institut Curie, UMR 144, 75248 Paris, France
J Cell Biol 146:819-30. 1999..We postulate that this property might be involved in cellular plasticity related to cell injury...
- Fascin, a novel target of beta-catenin-TCF signaling, is expressed at the invasive front of human colon cancerDanijela Vignjevic
UMR 144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 25 rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cancer Res 67:6844-53. 2007..We propose that genes involved in cell migration and invasion, such as fascin1, could serve as novel targets for metastasis prevention...
- Villin enhances hepatocyte growth factor-induced actin cytoskeleton remodeling in epithelial cellsRafika Athman
Laboratoire de Morphogenèse et Signalisation Cellulaires, Institut Curie Unité Mixte Recherche 144, 75248 Paris, France
Mol Biol Cell 14:4641-53. 2003..Collectively, these data demonstrate that villin acts as a regulator of HGF-induced actin dynamics...
- Mouse models of K-ras-initiated carcinogenesisKlaus Peter Janssen
Morphogenesis and intracellular signalling, UMR 144, Institut Curie CNRS, 26 rue d Ulm 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1756:145-54. 2005..from these sophisticated models, a common picture emerges: The effects of K-ras on tumor initiation depend strongly on the cellular context, and different tissues vary in their susceptibility to K-ras transformation...
- APC inactivation associates with abnormal mitosis completion and concomitant BUB1B/MAD2L1 up-regulationMiguel Abal
Morphogenesis and intracellular signalling, UMR 144, Institut Curie CNRS, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 132:2448-58. 2007..Here, we tackled the genetic basis for the contribution of APC to chromosomal instability in familial adenomatous polyposis and sporadic colorectal cancer...
- A new role for the architecture of microvillar actin bundles in apical retention of membrane proteinsCeline Revenu
Unite Mixte de Recherche 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris, Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 23:324-36. 2012....
- APC and oncogenic KRAS are synergistic in enhancing Wnt signaling in intestinal tumor formation and progressionKlaus Peter Janssen
UMR144 Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Gastroenterology 131:1096-109. 2006..Synchronous activation of the Wnt signaling pathway, mostly because of loss of function of the APC tumor suppressor, and of the oncogenic KRAS-signaling pathway is very frequent in colorectal cancer and is associated with poor prognosis...
- In vivo tumor targeting using a novel intestinal pathogen-based delivery approachKlaus Peter Janssen
UMR144 Curie Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer Res 66:7230-6. 2006....
- In vivo absorption of water and electrolytes in mouse intestine. Application to villin -/- miceRafika Athman
Institut Curie, UMR 144, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G634-9. 2002....
- Notch signaling in intestinal homeostasis across species: the cases of Drosophila, Zebrafish and the mouseSilvia Fre
Morphogenesis and Intracellular Signaling, Institut Curie, UMR 144 CNRS, Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 317:2740-7. 2011....
- Conditional expression of fascin increases tumor progression in a mouse model of intestinal cancerMarie Schoumacher
Institut Curie, Research Center, 25 rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Eur J Cell Biol 93:388-95. 2014..Altogether, our study shows that fascin can promote tumor progression in vivo, but also unravels an unexpected role of fascin in tumor initiation. ..
- Preclinical study of the DNA repair inhibitor Dbait in combination with chemotherapy in colorectal cancerFlavien Devun
Institut Curie, Equipe Dutreix, Bat 110, Research Centre, Centre Universitaire, 91405 Paris Orsay, France
J Gastroenterol 47:266-75. 2012..Dbait has already been shown to be effective in combination with radiotherapy. The aim of this study was to assess the adjuvant impact of Dbait on chemotherapy in vitro and in mouse models of colorectal cancer...
- Enterocyte loss of polarity and gut wound healing rely upon the F-actin-severing function of villinFlorent Ubelmann
Unite Mixte de Recherche 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1380-9. 2013..This work highlights the importance of specialized apical pole disassembly for the repolarization of epithelial cells initiating migration...
- The power of oneDaniel Louvard
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris, Cedex 05, France
Sci Transl Med 4:130fs7. 2012..A single mouse Lgr5-positive colon stem cell can be expanded into a three-dimensional organoid that, after transplant, contributes to the repair of injured colon epithelia in a mouse model of colitis...
- Targeted expression of oncogenic K-ras in intestinal epithelium causes spontaneous tumorigenesis in miceKlaus Peter Janssen
Cellular Morphogenesis and Signalisation, UMR144, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 123:492-504. 2002..Ras oncoproteins are mutated in about 50% of human colorectal cancers, but their precise role in tumor initiation or progression is still unclear...
- Epithelial morphogenesis and intestinal cancer: new insights in signaling mechanismsSilvia Fre
UMR144 Curie CNRS, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Adv Cancer Res 100:85-111. 2008..This multistep process is highly complex and still far from being understood while being of major importance for the survival of patients with digestive cancer...
- Human colorectal tumors and metastases express Gb3 and can be targeted by an intestinal pathogen-based delivery toolThomas Falguières
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, Munich, Germany
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2498-508. 2008....
- Tissue-specific and inducible Cre-mediated recombination in the gut epitheliumFatima el Marjou
Morphogenesis and intracellular signalling, Institut Curie CNRS, Paris, France
Genesis 39:186-93. 2004..The villin-Cre and villin-Cre-ERT2 mice provide valuable tools for studies of cell lineage allocation and gene function in the developing and adult intestine...
- Non-apoptotic concentrations of prodigiosin (H+/Cl- symporter) inhibit the acidification of lysosomes and induce cell cycle blockage in colon cancer cellsWilmar Castillo-Avila
Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapy, CCBR Group, Pavelló Central, 5a planta, LR 5101 C Feixa Llarga s n, E 08907, L Hospitalet Barcelona, Spain
Life Sci 78:121-7. 2005..The effect of intracellular acidification on cell cycle arrest must be analysed more exactly...
- Raf protects against colitis by promoting mouse colon epithelial cell survival through NF-kappaBKaren L Edelblum
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Gastroenterology 135:539-51. 2008..This study addresses the role of Raf in epithelial cell survival in response to dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced injury and inflammation...
- Nox1 is over-expressed in human colon cancers and correlates with activating mutations in K-RasEunice Laurent
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int J Cancer 123:100-7. 2008..We conclude that Nox1 mRNA and protein are overexpressed in colon cancer and are strongly correlated with activating mutations in K-Ras...
- Compensatory increase in hepatic lipogenesis in mice with conditional intestine-specific Mttp deficiencyYan Xie
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4075-86. 2006..These findings establish distinctive features for MTTP involvement in intestinal chylomicron assembly and secretion and suggest that hepatic lipogenesis undergoes compensatory induction in the face of defective intestinal TG secretion...
- c-Myc is required for the formation of intestinal crypts but dispensable for homeostasis of the adult intestinal epitheliumMichael D Bettess
Genetics and Stem Cell Laboratory, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges
Mol Cell Biol 25:7868-78. 2005..This study provides genetic and molecular evidence that proliferation and expansion of progenitors necessary to maintain the adult intestinal epithelium can unexpectedly occur in a Myc-independent manner...
- Shigella flexneri infection is dependent on villin in the mouse intestine and in primary cultures of intestinal epithelial cellsRafika Athman
Institut Curie UMR 144, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cell Microbiol 7:1109-16. 2005..flexneri entry and cell-to-cell dissemination. Villin expression is thus critical for Shigella infection through its ability to remodel the actin cytoskeleton...
- Notch signals control the fate of immature progenitor cells in the intestineSilvia Fre
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nature 435:964-8. 2005..We conclude that Notch activity is required for the maintenance of proliferating crypt cells in the intestinal epithelium...
- Crypt-restricted proliferation and commitment to the Paneth cell lineage following Apc loss in the mouse intestinePauline Andreu
Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, Universite Paris V, 24 rue du Fb St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Development 132:1443-51. 2005....
- The co-workers of actin filaments: from cell structures to signalsCeline Revenu
UMR144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Curie, Paris, France
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5:635-46. 2004..This phenomenon is achieved through a tight coupling between cell structure and signal transduction, a process that is modulated by the regulation of actin-binding proteins...
- Sox9 regulates cell proliferation and is required for Paneth cell differentiation in the intestinal epitheliumPauline Bastide
INSERM U661, Department of Cellular and Molecular Oncology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR5203, Université de Montpellier I and Service d Anatomie Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Caremeau, Nimes, France
J Cell Biol 178:635-48. 2007..These results highlight the central position of Sox9 as both a transcriptional target and a regulator of the Wnt pathway in the regulation of intestinal epithelium homeostasis...
- Villin severing activity enhances actin-based motility in vivoCeline Revenu
Laboratoire de Morphogenèse et Signalisation Cellulaires, Unite Mixte de Recherche 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 18:827-38. 2007....