Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- A Pax3/Pax7-dependent population of skeletal muscle progenitor cellsFrederic Relaix
C N R S URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nature 435:948-53. 2005....
- Divergent functions of murine Pax3 and Pax7 in limb muscle developmentFrederic Relaix
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Genes Dev 18:1088-105. 2004....
- A novel genetic hierarchy functions during hypaxial myogenesis: Pax3 directly activates Myf5 in muscle progenitor cells in the limbLola Bajard
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Genes Dev 20:2450-64. 2006..Mutation of the Pax3 site abolishes all expression controlled by the 145-bp sequence in transgenic mouse embryos. We conclude that Pax3 directly regulates Myf5 in the hypaxial somite and its derivatives...
- Myogenic progenitor cells in the mouse embryo are marked by the expression of Pax3/7 genes that regulate their survival and myogenic potentialMargaret Buckingham
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA2578, Pasteur Institute, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015, Paris, France
Anat Embryol (Berl) 211:51-6. 2006..The latter include the smooth muscle cells of the dorsal aorta that share a common clonal origin with the skeletal muscle of the myotome, thus illustrating the initial multipotency of Pax3 expressing cells...
- Characterization of Pax3-expressing cells from adult blood vesselsOlivier Goupille
Molecular Genetics of Morphogenesis Unit, Department of Developmental Biology, URA CNRS 2578, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
J Cell Sci 124:3980-8. 2011..These observations are discussed with respect to the origin and function of Pax3-expressing cells in blood vessels, and more general questions of cell fate determination and adult cell plasticity and reprogramming...
- Direct isolation of satellite cells for skeletal muscle regenerationDidier Montarras
CNRS Unité de Recherche Associée 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, INSERM, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Science 309:2064-7. 2005..Such cells, grafted into muscles of mdx nu/nu mice, contributed both to fiber repair and to the muscle satellite cell compartment. Expansion of these cells in culture before engraftment reduced their regenerative capacity...
- Pax3 regulation of FGF signaling affects the progression of embryonic progenitor cells into the myogenic programMounia Lagha
CNRS URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Genes Dev 22:1828-37. 2008..These results provide new insight into the Pax-initiated regulatory network that modulates stem cell maintenance versus tissue differentiation...
- The regulatory mechanisms that underlie inappropriate transcription of the myogenic determination gene Myf5 in the central nervous systemPhilippe Daubas
Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Dev Biol 327:71-82. 2009..The Wnt-beta catenin signalling pathway is also implicated. Finally we show that post-transcriptional regulation of Myf5 gene expression involves miRNA repression acting through the Myf5-3'UTR...
- Smooth muscle of the dorsal aorta shares a common clonal origin with skeletal muscle of the myotomeMilan Esner
CNRS URA 2578, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75 724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Development 133:737-49. 2006..These results are discussed in terms of the paraxial mesoderm contribution to the aorta and of the mesoangioblast stem cells that derive from it...
- The transcriptional activator PAX3-FKHR rescues the defects of Pax3 mutant mice but induces a myogenic gain-of-function phenotype with ligand-independent activation of Met signaling in vivoFrederic Relaix
CNRS URA 2375, Department of Developmental Biology, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Genes Dev 17:2950-65. 2003..This gain-of-function allele provides a new approach to the molecular and cellular analysis of the role of Pax3 and of its target genes in vivo...
- The role of Pax genes in the development of tissues and organs: Pax3 and Pax7 regulate muscle progenitor cell functionsMargaret Buckingham
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA 2578, Pasteur Institute, 75015 Paris, France
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 23:645-73. 2007..Finally, we consider the molecular mechanisms that underlie the function of Pax transcription factors, including the cofactors and regulatory networks with which they interact...
- The formation of skeletal muscle: from somite to limbMargaret Buckingham
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA 1947, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
J Anat 202:59-68. 2003....