Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Chemotherapy response of breast cancer depends on HER-2 status and anthracycline dose intensity in the neoadjuvant settingT Petit
Departments of Medical Oncology, Centre de Lutte Contre le Cancer Paul Strauss, 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Clin Cancer Res 7:1577-81. 2001..Our results merit additional studies, given the possibility for choosing anthracycline dose according to a tumor's HER-2 status...
- [Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity]Thierry Petit
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Paul Strauss, 3, rue de la Porte de l Hôpital, BP 42, 6706 Strasbourg Cedex
Bull Cancer 91:159-65. 2004..This cardiotoxicity can be reduced by anthracycline administration modifications, pharmacological cardioprotection, and doxorubicin analogues with a better tolerance profile, as epirubicin or liposomal anthracyclines...
- Semi-quantitative evaluation of estrogen receptor expression is a strong predictive factor of pathological complete response after anthracycline-based neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in hormonal-sensitive breast cancerThierry Petit
Medical Oncology Department, CLCC Paul Strauss, 3 rue de la Porte de l Hôpital BP42, 67065, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:387-91. 2010..0002) and Ki67 index (P = 0.02) were the only predictive factors of response for HR-positive tumors. pCR after anthracycline-based chemotherapy is significantly correlated with the ER expression score...
- [Multidisciplinary approach in breast cancer care]Thierry Petit
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre Paul Strauss, 3, rue de la Porte de l Hôpital, BP 42, 67065 Strasbourg
Rev Prat 54:842-6. 2004..In this multidisciplinary team, the patient must keep a "reference physician" who may interact with her on behalf of the whole team and the general practitioner...
- [Sequencing of adjuvant treatment after surgery for invasive breast cancer]T Petit
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon, France
Cancer Radiother 8:54-8. 2004..This article reviews the important topic of treatment sequencing in breast cancer to optimally integrate all the adjuvant treatments...
- Comparative value of tumour grade, hormonal receptors, Ki-67, HER-2 and topoisomerase II alpha status as predictive markers in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapyT Petit
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre de Lutte Contre le Cancer Paul Strauss, 3 rue de la porte de l Hôpital, 67065 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 40:205-11. 2004..A high tumour grade was predictive for a pathological CR. Overexpression or amplification of HER2 or Topollcalpha were not predictive of response...
- Randomized multicentric study of perioperative chemotherapy with mitoxantrone in early breast cancerThierry Petit
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Paul Strauss, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg Oncol 10:369-75. 2003..To confirm the hypothesis that reducing the interval between surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy could improve prognosis, a randomized multicentric study of adjuvant perioperative chemotherapy (POC) in breast cancer was initiated...
- A critical evaluation of the role of aromatase inhibitors as adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with breast cancerThierry Petit
Department of Medical Oncology, Paul Strauss Cancer Center, and University of Strasbourg, 3 rue de la Porte de l Hôpital BP42, F 67065 Strasbourg, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:R79-89. 2011..Not only the expected benefits but also the specific toxicity of the prescribed hormone therapy, and its cost, should be considered when selecting treatment...
- Systematic esophageal endoscopy screening in patients previously treated for head and neck squamous-cell carcinomaT Petit
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre de Lutte Contre le Cancer Paul Strauss, Strasbourg, France
Ann Oncol 12:643-6. 2001..An attempt was made to improve metachronous oesophageal cancer prognosis through bi-annual systematic esophageal endoscopy screening in patients treated for head and neck cancer...
- Long-term survival of 106 stage III ovarian cancer patients with minimal residual disease after second-look laparotomy and consolidation radiotherapyThierry Petit
CLCC Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
Gynecol Oncol 104:104-8. 2007....
- Assessment of response by breast helical computed tomography to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in large inflammatory breast cancerBernard Moyses
Department of Radiology, Centre Paul Strauss, 3 rue de la porte de l Hôpital, 67085 Strasbourg, France
Clin Breast Cancer 2:304-10. 2002..For this reason, it can be considered an alternative to breast magnetic resonance imaging because of its simplicity, rapidity, and accessibility...
- Phase II study of an oxaliplatin/vinorelbine combination in patients with anthracycline- and taxane-pre-treated metastatic breast cancerThierry Petit
Centre Paul Strauss, Strasbourg, France
Anticancer Drugs 17:337-43. 2006..We conclude that OXA 130 mg/m (day 1) and VNB 24 mg/m (day 1 and 8) combination given every 3 weeks is effective with a good safety profile in MBC patients previously treated with anthracyclines and taxanes...
- Expected benefits of topotecan combined with lapatinib in recurrent ovarian cancer according to biological profile: a phase 2 trialStéphanie Lheureux
Medical Oncology Department, Clinical Research Department, Centre Francois Baclesse, 3 Avenue Général Harris, 14076 Caen Cedex 5, France
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:1483-8. 2012..The aim of this multicenter study was to assess the efficacy of the combination topotecan-lapatinib in epithelial ovarian cancer relapsing after a first line of chemotherapy...
- Phase II study of gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel (P) and carboplatin (C) as second-line therapy for ovarian, tubal or peritoneal adenocarcinoma (1839IL/0074)Patricia Pautier
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Gynecol Oncol 116:157-62. 2010..This phase II investigated efficacy and tolerability of gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel (P) and carboplatin (C) for second-line treatment of patients (pts) with ovarian, tubal or peritoneal adenocarcinoma...
- Lymphopenia: a new independent prognostic factor for survival in patients treated with whole brain radiotherapy for brain metastases from breast carcinomaLine Claude
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Radiother Oncol 76:334-9. 2005..To determine overall survival (OS) and independent prognostic factors in patients with brain metastases (BM) from breast cancer treated by whole brain radiotherapy (WBR)...
- GWAS in the SIGNAL/PHARE clinical cohort restricts the association between the FGFR2 locus and estrogen receptor status to HER2-negative breast cancer patientsDavid G Cox
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Lyon, INSERM U1052 Centre Léon Bérard, 69373 Lyon, France
Oncotarget . 2016..This refinement of the association between FGFR2 variants and ER-status to HER2-negative disease provides novel insight to potential biological and clinical influence of genetic polymorphisms on breast tumors...
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: an evaluation of risk factors for failure of thoracoscopic primary repair in neonatesCindy Gomes Ferreira
Department of Pediatric Surgery of the University Hospitals, Strasbourg, France
J Pediatr Surg 48:488-95. 2013..Some teams use selection criteria, but none have proven statistical evidence. The aim of this study is to detect risk factors for failure of thoracoscopic primary closure of CDH in neonates...
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- Gemcitabine and epirubicin in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a phase I/II studyMario Campone
Centre Rene Gauducheau, 44805 Nantes St Herblain, France
Breast 15:601-9. 2006..5 months; median time to progression 8.4 months; and median time to treatment failure 4.8 months. Gemcitabine and epirubicin are well tolerated and active in MBC patients, and the group B regimen warrants further investigation...
- Laparoscopic resection of abdominal neuroblastomaMarc David Leclair
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Hopital Mere Enfant, Nantes, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:117-24. 2008..We aimed to report on the indications and the results of laparoscopic resection in a large series of abdominal NBs...
- p53-independent response to cisplatin and oxaliplatin in MMTV-ras mouse salivary tumorsThierry Petit
Cancer Therapy and Research Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:165-71. 2003..These findings indicate that even in the context of an activated ras gene that potentially mediates suppression of apoptosis, both cisplatin and oxaliplatin are capable of promoting an efficient p53-independent tumor response...
- A universal primer set for PCR amplification of nuclear histone H4 genes from all animal speciesPascal Pineau
Unité d Organisation Nucléaire et Oncogénèse, INSERM U579, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mol Biol Evol 22:582-8. 2005..The data indicate that the HIST2H4 amplimers are, thus, suitable for both DNA quality testing as well as species identification in the animal kingdom...