Maria Carla Parrini
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Spatiotemporal regulation of the Pak1 kinaseM C Parrini
Inserm U528, Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Biochem Soc Trans 33:646-8. 2005..Cutting edge microscopy technologies on living cells are finally shedding light on the intricate spatiotemporal mechanisms regulating Pak1...
- Dissecting activation of the PAK1 kinase at protrusions in living cellsMaria Carla Parrini
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 284:24133-43. 2009..This study leads to a model for the complex and accurate regulation of PAK1 kinase in vivo at cell protrusions...
- SH3BP1, an exocyst-associated RhoGAP, inactivates Rac1 at the front to drive cell motilityMaria Carla Parrini
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris F 75248, France
Mol Cell 42:650-61. 2011..Our finding that SH3BP1 downregulates Rac1 at the motile-cell front indicates that Rac1 inactivation in this location, as well as its activation by GEF proteins, is a fundamental requirement for cell motility...
- Automated velocity mapping of migrating cell populations (AVeMap)Maxime Deforet
Laboratoire Physico Chimie Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche 168, Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Nat Methods 9:1081-3. 2012..This method allows for the computation of quantitative migration parameters via an extensive dynamic mapping of cell displacements...
- Direct interaction between exocyst and Wave complexes promotes cell protrusions and motilityMarco Biondini
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University, Paris 75005, France ART group, INSERM U830, Paris 75005, France
J Cell Sci 129:3756-3769. 2016..This direct link between the exocyst and WRC provides a new mechanistic insight into the spatio-temporal regulation of cell migration...
- RalB mobilizes the exocyst to drive cell migrationCarine Rosse
Institut Curie, Inserm U528, Transduction Networks Analysis Group, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Cell Biol 26:727-34. 2006..We propose that RalB regulation of exocyst function is required for the coordinated delivery of secretory vesicles to the sites of dynamic plasma membrane expansion that specify directional movement...
- RalGPS2 Is Essential for Survival and Cell Cycle Progression of Lung Cancer Cells Independently of Its Established Substrates Ral GTPasesAdriana O Santos
INSERM U830, Institut Curie, PSL Research University, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0154840. 2016..This function is largely independent of Ral GTPases and associated with modulation of Skp2, p27 and p21 cell cycle regulators. ..
- Cell motility: The necessity of Rac1 GDP/GTP fluxMaria Carla Parrini
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Inserm U830 Paris, France
Commun Integr Biol 4:772-4. 2011..The future challenge is to understand why the GTPase flux is so important for the biological actions of Rho GTPases...
- Structure of PAK1 in an autoinhibited conformation reveals a multistage activation switchM Lei
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 102:387-97. 2000..GTPase binding will refold part of the IS domain and unfold the rest. A related switch has been seen in the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP)...