Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- When quality of life is the major challengeOdile Oberlin
J Clin Oncol 20:3051-3. 2002
- Randomized comparison of intensified six-drug versus standard three-drug chemotherapy for high-risk nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma and other chemotherapy-sensitive childhood soft tissue sarcomas: long-term results from the International Society of PediatrOdile Oberlin
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2457-65. 2012..The principal objective was to explore survival advantage for an intensified chemotherapy strategy in a randomized trial...
- Treatment of orbital rhabdomyosarcoma: survival and late effects of treatment--results of an international workshopO Oberlin
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 19:197-204. 2001....
- Impact of high-dose busulfan plus melphalan as consolidation in metastatic Ewing tumors: a study by the Société Française des Cancers de l'EnfantOdile Oberlin
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3997-4002. 2006..To improve the prognosis for patients with metastatic Ewing sarcoma/primitive neuroectodermal tumors (ES/PNET) using conventional chemotherapy and consolidation high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) containing busulfan and melphalan...
- [The outcome, in adulthood, of children treated for cancer]Odile Oberlin
Departement de Pediatrie, Institut Gustav Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex
Rev Prat 57:1095. 2007
- Prognostic factors in metastatic rhabdomyosarcomas: results of a pooled analysis from United States and European cooperative groupsOdile Oberlin
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 26:2384-9. 2008..To identify risk factors associated with outcome in children with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma in a large cohort of patients..
- Long-term evaluation of Ifosfamide-related nephrotoxicity in childrenOdile Oberlin
Pediatrics and Biostatistics Departments, and l Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5350-5. 2009..Ifosfamide is widely used in pediatric oncology but its nephrotoxicity may become a significant issue in survivors. This study is aimed at evaluating the incidence of late renal toxicity of ifosfamide and its risk factors...
- Thyroid carcinomas after irradiation for a first cancer during childhoodF de Vathaire
Cancer Epidemiology Research Unit, National Institute for Health and Medical Research, Villejuif, France
Arch Intern Med 159:2713-9. 1999..The thyroid gland is among the most radiosensitive organs. However, little is known about the long-term risk of developing a thyroid tumor after fractionated external radiotherapy for cancer during childhood...
- Role of radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the risk of second malignant neoplasms after cancer in childhoodF de Vathaire
, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuf, France
Br J Cancer 59:792-6. 1989..This study suggests that the oncogenic effect of radiations might be increased by chemotherapy, and that the combination of the two treatment modalities might be one of the major factors responsible for overall risk of SMN...
- Soft tissue sarcoma or malignant mesenchymal tumors in the first year of life: experience of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) Malignant Mesenchymal Tumor CommitteeD Orbach
Departement de Pediatrie, Institut Curie 26, rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4363-71. 2005..To describe the outcome of infants with a histologically confirmed diagnosis of malignant mesenchymal tumor (MMT) included in the International Society of Paediatric Oncology studies MMT 84 and MMT 89...
- Second malignant neoplasms after a first cancer in childhood: temporal pattern of risk according to type of treatmentF de Vathaire
Research Unit of Cancer Epidemiology U351 INSERM, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 79:1884-93. 1999..When compared with radiotherapy alone, the addition of chemotherapy increases the risk of solid SMN after a first cancer in childhood, but does not significantly modify the variation of this risk during the time after the first cancer...
- Epidemiological evidence for a common mechanism for neuroblastoma and differentiated thyroid tumourF de Vathaire
, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 65:425-8. 1992..This result suggests that there is a common mechanism for the occurrence of neuroblastoma and of differentiated thyroid tumour...
- Role of cancer treatment in long-term overall and cardiovascular mortality after childhood cancerMarkhaba Tukenova
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 28:1308-15. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess the role of treatment in long-term overall and cardiovascular mortality after childhood cancer...
- Testicular function of survivors of childhood cancer: a comparative study between ifosfamide- and cyclophosphamide-based regimensVita Ridola
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 45:814-8. 2009..This study aimed at comparing gonadal toxicity of ifosfamide versus cyclophosphamide received during childhood...
- [Brachytherapy in the treatment of vesicoprostatic rhabdomyosarcomas in children]C Haie-Meder
Service de curiethérapie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Radiother 4:145s-149s. 2000..This type of treatment can be performed only integrated with other treatments, more particularly with surgery. This approach requires a close cooperation between the different specialists: pediatricians, surgeons and brachytherapists...
- Concomitant chemo-radiotherapy and local dose of radiation as risk factors for second malignant neoplasms after solid cancer in childhood: a case-control studySylvie Guerin
National Institute of Public Health and Medical Research INSERM, Unit 605, Villejuif, France
Int J Cancer 120:96-102. 2007..3 (95%CI, 1.1-4.8). Radiation was found to be the foremost treatment-related risk factor for the occurrence of a SMN. Compared to sequential treatment, concomitant chemo-radiotherapy may lead to a higher risk of a SMN...
- Treatment-adjusted predisposition to second malignant neoplasms after a solid cancer in childhood: a case-control studySylvie Guerin
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 25:2833-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the independent role of the FMN in the onset of any SMN...
- Long-term mortality from second malignant neoplasms in 5-year survivors of solid childhood tumors: temporal pattern of risk according to type of treatmentMarkhaba Tukenova
Radiation Epidemiology Group, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, INSERM, Villejuif, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:707-15. 2010..The temporal pattern in mortality from late second malignant neoplasms in solid childhood cancer survivors, according to the type of treatment, has not been investigated in detail...
- Risk of a second malignant neoplasm after cancer in childhood treated with radiotherapy: correlation with the integral dose restricted to the irradiated fieldsFrance Nguyen
INSERM U 605, Villejuif, France Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:908-15. 2008..To take into account the heterogeneity of the dose distribution so as to evaluate the overall risk of an SMN after a childhood cancer, we therefore focused on the integral dose restricted to the irradiated fields...
- Malignant breast tumors after radiotherapy for a first cancer during childhoodCatherine Guibout
National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Cancer Epidemiology Research Unit U605 INSERM, Physics Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 23:197-204. 2005..To assess the specific role of treatment and type of first cancer (FC) in the risk of long-term subsequent breast cancer (BC) among childhood cancer survivors...
- Radiation dose as a risk factor for malignant melanoma following childhood cancerS Guerin
National Institute of Public Health and Medical Research INSERM XR521, IGR, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Cedex, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 39:2379-86. 2003..In conclusion, radiotherapy may contribute to an increased risk of melanoma as a SMN, but only at very high doses of low linear energy transfer radiation. Common genetic origins between gonadal tumours and malignant melanomas are likely...
- [Soft tissue tumors in neonates]V Minard-Colin
Departement de Pediatrie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 16:1039-48. 2009..Treatment is based on age-adapted chemotherapy and surgery. Prognosis of RMS in children less than 1 year old appears to be comparable with that of older children...
- [Malignant primary cardiac tumors in childhood and adolescence]B Fresneau
Service d Oncologie Pediatrique, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94800 Villejuif, France
Arch Pediatr 17:495-501. 2010..Chemotherapy is the main treatment, and surgery has to be used only when complications occur. Prognosis depends on histology and not lymphoma location, and so is better than the prognosis for sarcoma...
- Vulval and vaginal rhabdomyosarcoma in children: update and reappraisal of Institut Gustave Roussy brachytherapy experienceNicolas Magne
Department of Radiotherapy, Brachytherapy Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:878-83. 2008..To report the Institut Gustave Roussy brachytherapy (BT) experience in the management of vulval and vaginal rhabdomyosarcoma with special emphasis on long-term outcome...
- Role of radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the risk of secondary leukaemia after a solid tumour in childhoodNadia Haddy
National Institute of Public Health and Medical Research INSERM Unit 605, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 42:2757-64. 2006..Our results suggest that the long-term risk of secondary leukaemia could be higher than previously reported...
- Ovarian function after high-dose chemotherapy in childhood: Risk factors for developing partial ovarian failure and how to identify them earlyM Frey
Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France Intitute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:e20665. 2009..On the other hand, these treatments cause severe sequelae such as ovarian failure (OF) in young girls leading to a premature menopause and infertility...
- Long-term risk of second malignant neoplasm after a cancer in childhoodF de Vathaire
, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 59:448-52. 1989..The risk of cancer increased with age in the reference population and increased faster in the cohort, because the standardised incidence ratio is constant over a long period...
- Early response to chemotherapy: a surrogate for final outcome of Hodgkin's disease patients that should influence initial treatment length and intensity?P Carde
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 13:86-91. 2002..Paradoxically, almost no data support this strategy...
- Extra-abdominal primary fibromatosis: Aggressive management could be avoided in a subgroup of patientsS Bonvalot
Department of Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:462-8. 2008..To evaluate the impact of surgery as first-line treatment on event-free survival (EFS) of primary aggressive fibromatosis...
- Parameningeal rhabdomyosarcoma: Results of a pooled analysis from U.S. and European Cooperative GroupsJ H Merks
Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands Clinical Trials and Biostatistics Unit, Padova, Italy Department of Pediatric Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France Department of Pediatrics, Hematology Oncology Division, Padova, Italy Department of Pediatrics, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Department of Pathology, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom Clinical Trials and Biostatistics Unit, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, IOV IRCCS, Padova, Italy Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Hospital, University of Washington, Seattle, WA College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
J Clin Oncol 29:9529. 2011..To identify risk factors associated with outcome we pooled data from 1105 consecutive patients treated in ten studies conducted by European and North-American cooperative groups between 1984 and 2004...
- Tandem high-dose chemotherapy strategy as first-line treatment of primary disseminated multifocal Ewing sarcomas in children, adolescents and young adultsS Loschi
Département de cancérologie de l enfant et de l adolescent, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 50:1083-8. 2015..4 and 17.3 months, respectively. Neither major complications nor treatment-related death occurred. The tandem-HDC regimen was feasible, with expected side effects, but it did not improve the outcome of patients with PDMES. ..
- Quality control and stability study using HPTLC: applications to cyclophosphamide in various pharmaceutical productsJerome Bouligand
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94800 Villejuif, France
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:180-5. 2005..e. capsules and infusion bags prepared in a hospital pharmacy. According to pharmaceutical guidelines, we demonstrated that low dose cyclophosphamide capsules, extemporaneously prepared for children, are stable at least for 70 days...
- Increased risk of systemic relapses associated with bone marrow micrometastasis and circulating tumor cells in localized ewing tumorGudrun Schleiermacher
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers, INSERM U 509, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 21:85-91. 2003..ET cells are characterized by specific gene fusions that can be detected with high sensitivity and specificity by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Treatment of children with nonmetastatic paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma: results of the Malignant Mesenchymal Tumors studies (MMT 84 and MMT 89) of the International Society of Pediatric OncologyRichard J Stewart
Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 21:793-8. 2003..To report the results of the Malignant Mesenchymal Tumors studies (MMT 84 and 89) of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) in males with nonmetastatic paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma...
- High risk of subsequent neoplasms continues with extended follow-up of childhood Hodgkin's disease: report from the Late Effects Study GroupSmita Bhatia
City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4386-94. 2003..We describe the pattern and incidence of subsequent neoplasms (SNs) occurring with extended follow-up...
- Revisiting the role of doxorubicin in the treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma: an up-front window study in newly diagnosed children with high-risk metastatic diseaseChristophe Bergeron
Centre Leon Berard, Paediatric Oncology Unit, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Eur J Cancer 44:427-31. 2008..Doxorubicin has been tested but remains a controversial treatment option. We report here the results of the up-front evaluation of the efficacy of doxorubicin in children and adolescents with high-risk metastatic RMS...
- Safety assessment of intensive induction with vincristine, ifosfamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide (VIDE) in the treatment of Ewing tumors in the EURO-E.W.I.N.G. 99 clinical trialChristine Juergens
Coordinating Centre for Clinical Trials KKS, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:22-9. 2006..Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) is recommended. Adverse reactions (AR) were evaluated; quality assurance of data collection reviewed...
- Resection alone in 58 children with limited stage, lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma-experience from the European network group on pediatric Hodgkin lymphomaChristine Mauz-Körholz
University Clinical and Health Center for Child and Youth Medicine, Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Cancer 110:179-85. 2007..To clarify the optimum treatment strategy in children, European study groups were asked to report their experience of surgery alone used in the treatment of pediatric LPHL...
- Treatment of nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma in childhood and adolescence: third study of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology--SIOP Malignant Mesenchymal Tumor 89Michael C G Stevens
University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:2618-28. 2005..To improve outcome for children with nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma and to reduce systematic use of local therapy...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of salivary glands in the pediatric age group: 18 clinical cases, including 11 second malignant neoplasmsPierre Olivier Vedrine
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hôpital Les Broussailles, Cannes, France
Head Neck 28:827-33. 2006..Salivary gland tumors represent 1% of head and neck tumors, with only 5% of these occurring in patients younger than 20 years. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is one of the most frequent salivary gland cancers among adults and children...
- Late effects in 164 patients with rhabdomyosarcoma of the bladder/prostate region: a report from the international workshopBeverly Raney
Department of Clinical Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 176:2190-4; discussion 2194-5. 2006....
- Extraosseous localized ewing tumors: improved outcome with anthracyclines--the French society of pediatric oncology and international society of pediatric oncologyMarie Pierre Castex
Hematology Oncology and Orthopedic Surgery Units, Children s Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Oncol 25:1176-82. 2007..To evaluate the outcome of children with an extraosseous Ewing tumor (EOE) according to treatment...
- Quality of life of patients treated during childhood for a bone tumor: assessment by the Child Health QuestionnaireMarie Dominique Tabone
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Armand Trousseau Children s Hospital, Paris, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:207-11. 2005..Lower results were observed for mental health in girls, for physical functioning, and self-esteem in patients with endoprosthesis, and for family activity and pain in patients who had relapsed...
- Goitre and iodine deficiency in Afghanistan: a case-control studyOdile Oberlin
Action Contre la Faim, 4 rue Niepce, 75014 Paris, France
Br J Nutr 95:196-203. 2006..This suggests that short-term I supplementation should be considered independently of the presence of goitre or urinary I level, until the access to and consumption of iodised salt is generalised...