Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Variations in chemical mimicry by the ectoparasitic mite Varroa jacobsoni according to the developmental stage of the host honey-bee Apis melliferaC Martin
INRA, Unité de Zoologie Apidologie, Laboratoire de biologie et de protection de l abeille, Domaine Saint Paul, Site Agroparc, 84914, Avignon, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:365-79. 2001..The role of chemical mimicry - although it is not perfect - in enabling parasites to infest bee colonies by the parasite is discussed...
- Modifications of the cuticular hydrocarbon profile of Apis mellifera worker bees in the presence of the ectoparasitic mite Varroa jacobsoni in brood cellsM Salvy
INRA, Zoologie et Apidologie, Site Agroparc, Avignon, France
Parasitology 122:145-59. 2001....
- [Resistance to antituberculosis drug in France; data provided by the Azay-Mycobacteria network and the National Reference Center on Mycobacteria]J Robert
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie Hygiene, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 38:S68-70. 2008
- [Heterogeneity of Brain Heart Infusion agar media (BHI): effects on the determination of the vancomycin and the teicoplanin minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of Staphylococcus aureus strains]C Martin
Laboratoire de bactériologie virologie hygiène, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:450-4. 2004..001). The variation of the MIC observed in relation to the origin of the product of BHI media requires the inclusion of glycopeptide-intermediate S. aureus reference strains to control the prepared culture media...
- Serotyping, stx2 subtyping, and characterization of the locus of enterocyte effacement island of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli and E. coli O157:H7 strains isolated from the environment in FranceC Vernozy-Rozand
Unité de Microbiologie Alimentaire et Prévisionnelle, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, Marcy l Etoile, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:2556-9. 2004..The environment is a reservoir in which new clones of STEC that are pathogenic for humans can emerge...
- Ceftriaxone (1 g intravenously) penetration into abdominal tissues when administered as antibiotic prophylaxis during nephrectomyM Leone
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Chemother 15:139-42. 2003..According to our kinetic evaluation, ceftriaxone is potentially a good antibiotic for prophylaxis in urological surgery...
- Chloramphenicol and florfenicol susceptibility of fish-pathogenic bacteria isolated in France: comparison of minimum inhibitory concentration, using recommended provisory standards for fish bacteriaC Michel
Unite de Virologie et Immunologie Moleculaires, Equipe Infection et Immunité des Poissons, Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Recherches de Jouy en Josas, Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
J Appl Microbiol 95:1008-15. 2003..The last species was screened on two media (diluted Mueller-Hinton and peptone-enriched Anacker and Ordal), both supplemented with horse serum...
- Stx2 subtyping of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolated from cattle in France: detection of a new Stx2 subtype and correlation with additional virulence factorsY Bertin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre de Recherche INRA de Clermont Ferrand Theix, 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:3060-5. 2001..In addition, Stx2-EDL933 and/or Stx2vh-b subtypes were highly associated with other putative virulence factors such as Stx1 and EspP extracellular serine protease, but not with EAST1 enterotoxin...
- Heterogeneity of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated from hemolytic-uremic syndrome patients, cattle, and food samples in central FranceN Pradel
, , , Clermont-Ferrand, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2460-8. 2001..The possibility that there are distinct lineages of non-O157:H7 STEC, some of which are more virulent for humans, should be investigated further...
- Mosaic pbpX genes of major clones of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae have evolved from pbpX genes of a penicillin-sensitive Streptococcus oralisC Sibold
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Berlin, Germany
Mol Microbiol 12:1013-23. 1994..These data are in agreement with the assumption that PBPs as penicillin-resistance determinants have evolved by the accumulation of point mutations in genes of sensitive commensal species...
- Nucleotide sequences of genes encoding penicillin-binding proteins from Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus oralis with high homology to Escherichia coli penicillin-binding proteins 1a and 1bC Martin
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 174:4517-23. 1992..pneumoniae PBP 1a. Both PBPs are highly homologous to bifunctional high-M(r) Escherichia coli PBPs 1a and 1b...
- Phase variation of F165(1) (Prs-like) fimbriae from Escherichia coli causing septicaemia in animalsJ Harel
Departement de Pathologie et Microbiologie, Universite de Montreal, QC, Canada
Can J Microbiol 46:1101-7. 2000..Using a translational fusion in strain 5131 between phoA and fooA, encoding for the major structural subunit of F165(1), it was shown that leucine inhibits the OFF to ON switch and modulates the basal transcription of the foo operon...
- [Management of ventilator acquired pneumonia]I Boyadjiev
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:761-72. 2006..This review is based on the ATS guidelines, and reviews epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of ventilator-acquired pneumonia, in non-immunocompromised adults...
- [Therapeutic management of peritonitis]A Bourgoin
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille, France
Med Mal Infect 34:183-95. 2004..An antifungal treatment (fluconazole) is usually necessary, at least until the results of peritoneal fluid culture are available. The duration of treatment is quite variable, ranging from 48 h in less severe forms to 14 days...
- [Salmonella of Indian origin: pseudo-susceptibility to fluoroquinolones]E Denes
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 35:223-4. 2005..It also suggests that the MIC for nalidixic acid and for norfloxacin can be used as the first clue for a reduced susceptibility to fluoroquinolones...
- [Selective digestive decontamination: the light as changed from red to green]J Textoris
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, 13015 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:366-76. 2005..To study the efficacy of selective digestive decontamination (SDD) for the prevention of nosocomial infections, particularly pneumonia, as well as its impact on the emergence of multiresistant bacteria...
- A TaqI polymorphism in the human cyclin A geneP Paterlini
INSERM U75, C H U Necker, Paris
Nucleic Acids Res 19:2516. 1991
- Effect of corn hybrid and chop length of whole-plant corn silage on digestion and intake by dairy cowsI Fernandez
URH DVA, INRA Theix, St Genes Champanelle, France
J Dairy Sci 87:1298-309. 2004..Because the rumen fill decreased with the decrease in chop length, rumen fill could not be the only factor responsible for DMI control of WPCS...
- [Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic bases of empirical antibiotic therapy]A Bourgoin
Département d anesthésie réanimation et centre de traumatologie, Hopital Nord, 13000 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 23:626-30. 2004
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa diaminopimelate decarboxylase: evolutionary relationship with other amino acid decarboxylasesC Martin
Laboratoire de Chimie Bacterienne, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Marseille, France
Mol Biol Evol 5:549-59. 1988..C.126.96.36.199), the key enzyme in polyamine biosynthesis in mammals. On the other hand, no similarity was detected between DAP decarboxylases and other bacterial amino acid decarboxylases...
- Modulated expression of cell surface molecules and in vivo outgrowth of modified melanoma cellsS Trabado
Laboratoire de Toxicologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Paris, France
Biomed Pharmacother 60:693-7. 2006..Inoculated into syngeneic recipients, the modified melanoma cells exhibited significant delayed outgrowth with a reduction in the percentage of lethal tumors observed essentially in hosts injected with inhibited IGF-I expression cells...
- [Recommendations for good clinical practice concerning law number 2005-370 of April 22, 2005 relative to the treatment of disease at the end of life]A Lienhart
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:912-7. 2006
- Immunological responses and protective immunity against tuberculosis conferred by vaccination of Balb/C mice with the attenuated Mycobacterium tuberculosis (phoP) SO2 strainD Aguilar
Experimental Pathology Section, Department of Pathology, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Exp Immunol 147:330-8. 2007..The levels of protection conferred by vaccination with M. tuberculosis SO2 or with M. bovis BCG were similar, as measured by granuloma coalescence and pneumonia in addition to growth reduction of M. tuberculosis H37Rv...
- [Principles of antibiotic treatment for post-operative pneumonia in intensive care units]I Boyadjiev
Med Mal Infect 38:S61-2. 2008
- Molecular basis of the Li-Fraumeni syndrome: an update from the French LFS familiesG Bougeard
J Med Genet 45:535-8. 2008....
- [Molecular strain typing contribution to epidemiology of tuberculosis in Limousin (1998 to 2006)]H Bezanahary
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 38:309-17. 2008..We conducted a molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Limousin, a French area with a low incidence of tuberculosis (4.8/100,000 inhabitants in 2005) to define the molecular diversity and the pattern of transmission...
- [Lemierre's syndrome from necrotizing pneumonia treated with extracorporeal CO2 removal]V Blasco
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU de Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:244-8. 2008..An extracorporeal CO(2) removal was then carried out for 34-days duration. The patient was weaned from mechanical ventilation on day 68. He was then transferred to the chest surgery unit on day 83...
- ELISA detection of multixenobiotic resistance transporter induction in indigenous freshwater Chironomidae larvae (Diptera): A biomarker calibration step for in situ monitoring of xenobiotic exposureX Moreau
Equipe Biomarqueurs and Bioindicateurs Environnementaux, UMR CNRS 6116 IMEP, Universite de Provence, 3 Place Victor Hugo, 13331 Marseille Cedex 3, France
Environ Pollut 153:574-81. 2008..They answer to first biomarker calibration steps for the ongoing development of MXR transporters as a detection tool of xenobiotic impacts on bioindicator invertebrates in their freshwater habitats...
- Genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis over two periods: a changing scenario for tuberculosis transmissionA I López-Calleja
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:1080-6. 2007....
- Event oriented representation for collaborative activities (EORCA). A method for describing medical activities in severely-injured patient managementL Pellegrin
Biomathematics and Medical Informatics research team, LIF, UMR CNRS 6166, Faculty of Medicine, University of Aix Marseilles, and Critical Care and Intensive Care Unit, AP HM, Hopital Nord, Marseilles Cedex 05, France
Methods Inf Med 46:506-15. 2007..Our ultimate aim is to build a method covering the observation and the representation of collective activities during patients' management, which should be re-usable by the team members in order to prepare themselves for accreditation...
- Treatment failure in a case of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis associated with selection of a GyrB mutant causing fluoroquinolone resistanceN Veziris
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Université Paris 6 et Centre National de Référence de la Résistance des Mycobactéries et de la Résistance aux Antituberculeux, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:423-5. 2007
- [From end-of-life management to euthanasia]C Martin
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:e2-3. 2006
- Role of glycopeptides in the treatment of septic complications after cardiac surgeryA Bourgoin
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department and Trauma Center, Nord Hospital, Marseilles University Hospital System, and Marseilles School of Medicine, France
J Chemother 13:112-8. 2001..Dosage regimen should be modified to achieve trough levels of vancomycin between 15 to 20 microg/ml. Use of vancomycin by continuous infusion may be considered with a targeted blood concentration of 15 to 20 microg/ml...
- Long-term epidemiological survey of Candida species: comparison of isolates found in an intensive care unit and in conventional wardsM Leone
Intensive Care Unit and Anesthesiology, Nord Hospital, Marseilles School of Medicine, Marseilles University Hospital System, Marseilles, France
J Hosp Infect 55:169-74. 2003..The small number of C. glabrata resistant to fluconazole suggested this antifungal agent as suitable empirical treatment for non-immunocompromized patients in whom a fungal infection was suspected...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor and innate immune responses to bacterial infectionsC Froidevaux
Department of Internal Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Crit Care Med 29:S13-5. 2001....
- Comprehensive genome sequence analysis of a breast cancer ampliconC Collins
University of California San Francisco Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94143 0808, USA
Genome Res 11:1034-42. 2001....
- Expression profile of human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) in pyothorax associated lymphoma and in effusion lymphomaI Silva
Department of Histopathology, The Coombe Women's Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Pathol 54:80-5. 2001..Clearly, the results indicate that HHV-8 is not an obligate pathogen, necessary for the effusion phenotype, but might contribute to it by its secretion of specific cytokines...
- Characterization of mutations in the CPO gene in British patients demonstrates absence of genotype-phenotype correlation and identifies relationship between hereditary coproporphyria and harderoporphyriaJ Lamoril
Centre Français des Porphyries and INSERM U409, Universite Paris VII, Hopital Louis Mourier, 92701 Colombes Cedex, France
Am J Hum Genet 68:1130-8. 2001....
- Partial cloning and differential expression of ryanodine receptor/calcium-release channel genes in human tissues including the hippocampus and cerebellumC Martin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Edinburgh, UK
Neuroscience 85:205-16. 1998..Furthermore, these Ca2+-release channels may be involved in pathogenic processes such as excitotoxicity, where excessive rises in intracellular Ca2+ concentration mediate neuronal cell death...
- Identification of novel L1CAM mutations using fluorescence-assisted mismatch analysisP Saugier-Veber
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, CHU de Rouen, France
Hum Mutat 12:259-66. 1998....
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis purine biosynthetic pathway: isolation and characterization of the purC and purL genesM Jackson
Unité de Génétique Mycobacterienne CNRS, URA 1300, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Microbiology 142:2439-47. 1996..Transcriptional start sites were mapped for both genes, which revealed similar-10 boxes but with a higher GC content than the Escherichia coli sigma 70 consensus...
- A novel mutation in the alpha-helix 1 of the C subunit of the F(1)/F(0) ATPase responsible for optochin resistance of a Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolateN Cogne
Laboratoire de bactériologie virologie hygiène, CHU Dupuytren Unité CNRS EP 118, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King 87042 Cedex, Limoges, France
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 38:119-21. 2000..We report here an unusual mutation which changes the sequence of the transmembrane alpha-helix 1 of the AtpC subunit. This mutation involves a Gly to Ser substitution resulting from a G to A transition at codon 14 of the atpC gene...
- Early-onset autosomal dominant Alzheimer disease: prevalence, genetic heterogeneity, and mutation spectrumD Campion
INSERM EPI 9906, Faculte de Medecine, 76183 Rouen, France
Am J Hum Genet 65:664-70. 1999..These results show that (1) PSEN1 and APP mutations account for 71% of ADEOAD families and (2) nonpenetrance at age <61 years is probably infrequent for PSEN1 or APP mutations...
- Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of cerebral toxoplasmosis in cerebrospinal fluid in HIV-positive patientsI Julander
Division of Infectious Diseases Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 33:538-41. 2001..The albumin index was elevated in 4/5 patients in group 1, of whom 3/4 had a final diagnosis of TE, with suspected TE in 1. This small study confirms earlier data indicating that the PCR test has a low sensitivity but a high specificity...
- Multiple, distinct isoforms of sucrose synthase in peaD H Barratt
John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 127:655-64. 2001..The starch content of the embryo is reduced by 30%, but the cellulose content is unaffected. The results imply that different isoforms of Sus may channel carbon from sucrose towards different metabolic fates within the cell...
- Regulation of expression and nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli dapD geneC Richaud
J Biol Chem 259:14824-8. 1984..At the present time, out of the 9 genes involved in diaminopimelate and lysine biosynthesis, 6 are known to be lysine regulated...
- [Oral administration of medicines to infants: the pacifier that eases the burden]S Ducki
Arch Pediatr 9:1298-9. 2002
- [The new recommendations: why comments?]C Martin
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:1s-2s. 2002
- [Antibiotic combinations in Staphylococcus aureus infections: arguments against]J Albanese
Réanimation et centre de traumatologie, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 21:399-405. 2002..Published findings suggest that the arguments in favour of combinations are usually theoretical, and that a demonstration of the superiority of combinations has never been made by comparative, randomised studies...
- Alternative splicing of MLH1 messenger RNA in human normal cellsF Charbonnier
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Rouen, France
Cancer Res 55:1839-41. 1995..The biological significance of this alternative splicing remains to be established...
- The combination of a heat and moisture exchanger and a Booster: a clinical and bacteriological evaluation over 96 hL Thomachot
Department of Intensive Care and Trauma Center, Marseilles School of Medicine, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Intensive Care Med 28:147-53. 2002..To determine whether the combination with a new device (Booster ) for active humidification improves the efficacy of a hydrophobic heat and moisture exchanger (HME)...
- [Motives for the prescription of antibiotics in the emergency department of the University Hospital Center in Nice. A prospective study]P M Roger
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, hôpital de l Archet 1, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Nice, BP3079, F06202 Nice
Presse Med 31:58-63. 2002..Unjustified antiobiotherapy is often initiated. We therefore conducted a survey to study the motives and validity of antibiotic prescriptions...
- Energy transfer between fluorescent proteins using a co-expression system in Mycobacterium smegmatisI Kaps
, , Staudtstrasse 5, D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
Gene 278:115-24. 2001..Thus, these vectors will be valuable for all strategies where co-expression of proteins in M. smegmatis is needed, e.g. for constructing a two-hybrid system or for deleting essential genes...
- Subjective experience after traumatic brain injuryC Martin
, INSERM U472, 16 avenue Paul Vaillant-Couturier, 94807 Villejuif, France
Brain Inj 15:947-59. 2001..After TBI, emotional problems and, especially, depressive mood associated to cognitive difficulties have an important impact in everyday life and family functioning. Difficulties in social interactions are not specific of TBI patients...
- Identification of a gene selectively expressed in the brain, which encodes a putative transmembrane protein and a soluble cytoplasmic isoformT Bangsow
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany
Eur J Biochem 256:24-35. 1998..However, our findings suggest that they may be generated by alternative promoter usage, leading to the expression of a membrane protein and its truncated cytoplasmic isoform...