Isabelle Le Huerou-Luron
Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Breast- v. formula-feeding: impacts on the digestive tract and immediate and long-term health effectsIsabelle Le Huerou-Luron
INRA, UMR 1079, SENAH, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Nutr Res Rev 23:23-36. 2010..However, the developmental responses of the digestive tract to different feeding strategies must be elucidated in terms of sensitivity to developing diseases, taking into account the major role of the intestinal microbiota...
- The protein level of isoenergetic formulae does not modulate postprandial insulin secretion in piglets and has no consequences on later glucose toleranceSophie Blat
INRA, UMR Systèmes d Elevage Nutrition Animale et Humaine, Domaine de la Prise, St Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 108:102-12. 2012..It has no consequences either on glucose tolerance 1 month after weaning. The present study demonstrated that up-regulation of postprandial insulin secretion is not involved in higher growth observed in piglets fed a HP formula...
- Adipose tissue proteomes of intrauterine growth-restricted piglets artificially reared on a high-protein neonatal formulaOusseynou Sarr
INRA, UMR1079 Systèmes d Elevage Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Nutr Biochem 23:1417-24. 2012..Together, modulation in those proteins could represent a novel starting point for elucidating catch-up fat growth observed in later life in growing animals having been fed HP formula...
- Intrauterine growth restriction modifies the developmental pattern of intestinal structure, transcriptomic profile, and bacterial colonization in neonatal pigsRomain D'Inca
INRA, UMR 1079, SENAH, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Nutr 140:925-31. 2010..In addition, changes in the expression of several genes suggest a pivotal role of both glucocorticoids and microbiota in driving IUGR intestinal development during the neonatal period...
- Small intestine growth and morphometry in piglets weaned at 7 days of age. effects of level of energy intakeJulia Marion
Unité Mixte de Recherches sur le Veau et le Porc, INRA, 35590 St Gilles, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 42:339-54. 2002..Overall, the present results suggest a spatial and temporal effect of weaning on villous atrophy and recovery, and that the level of energy intake is a major factor accounting for the post-weaning villous height...
- Spontaneous intra-uterine growth restriction modulates the endocrine status and the developmental expression of genes in porcine fetal and neonatal adipose tissueFlorence Gondret
INRA, UMR1348 PEGASE, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France AgrocampusOuest, UMR1348 PEGASE, F 35000 Rennes, France Electronic address
Gen Comp Endocrinol 194:208-16. 2013..The data indicate that IUGR delays the normal ontogeny of adipose tissue across gestation and affects the insulin and IGF axes around birth...
- The level of protein in milk formula modifies ileal sensitivity to LPS later in life in a piglet modelLivie Chatelais
INRA, UMR 1079 SENAH, Saint Gilles, France
PLoS ONE 6:e19594. 2011..Milk formulas have higher protein contents than human milk. This high protein level could modify the development of intestinal microbiota, epithelial barrier and immune functions and have long-term consequences...
- Growth, body composition and hormonal status of growing pigs exhibiting a normal or small weight at birth and exposed to a neonatal diet enriched in proteinsAnne Morise
INRA, UMR Systèmes d Elevage Nutrition Animale et Humaine, Saint Gilles, France
Br J Nutr 105:1471-9. 2011..This response was not associated with any difference in adiposity parameters in this period...
- Effects of a bovine colostrum-supplemented diet on some gut parameters in weaned pigletsAntoine Huguet
Unite Mixte de Recherches, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, INRA, Domaine de la Prise, 35590 St Gilles, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 46:167-78. 2006..The observed effects occurred early and were maintained throughout the post-weaning adaptive phase...
- In vivo digestion of infant formula in piglets: protein digestion kinetics and release of bioactive peptidesKarima Bouzerzour
INRA, UMR 1253, STLO, Rennes, France
Br J Nutr 108:2105-14. 2012..La had a similar behaviour to that of β-lg. Two large peptides (4276 and 2674 Da) generated from β-lg were present in the ileum after 30 and 210 min and only one (2674 Da) after 90 min...
- Intrauterine growth restriction delays feeding-induced gut adaptation in term newborn pigsRomain D'Inca
INRA, UMR 1079, SENAH, Saint Gilles, France
Neonatology 99:208-16. 2011..Neonates born after intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) show higher mortality and morbidity and greater feeding problems postnatally...
- Linseed oil in the maternal diet during gestation and lactation modifies fatty acid composition, mucosal architecture, and mast cell regulation of the ileal barrier in pigletsGaëlle Boudry
INRA, UMR1079, Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35000 Rennes, France
J Nutr 139:1110-7. 2009..In conclusion, linseed oil supplementation of the maternal diet profoundly modifies the fatty acid composition, structure, and physiology of the offspring ileum...
- Recovery of exfoliated cells from the gastrointestinal tract of premature infants: a new tool to perform "noninvasive biopsies?"Bertrand Kaeffer
UMR 1280, Physiologie des Adaptations Nutritionnelles, F 44093 Nantes cedex 1, France
Pediatr Res 62:564-9. 2007..Exfoliated cells can be recovered from gastric aspirates and fecal samples and serve as a tool to investigate the impact of therapeutic and nutritional regimens on the maturation of GI functions...
- Effect of milk formula protein content on intestinal barrier function in a porcine model of LBW neonatesGaëlle Boudry
Unité Mixte de Recherche 1079, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Saint Gilles F 35590, France
Pediatr Res 69:4-9. 2011..In conclusion, the level of protein in formulas did not modify intestinal structure and function in NBW individuals but dramatically modified intestinal barrier function physiology in LBW individuals...
- Weaning induces both transient and long-lasting modifications of absorptive, secretory, and barrier properties of piglet intestineGaëlle Boudry
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA UMRVP, St Gilles, France
J Nutr 134:2256-62. 2004..HRP flux in jejunum declined on d 2 and stayed at this low level throughout the experiment. We conclude that weaning induces transient dramatic changes in intestinal physiology but is also a period of maturation of the intestine...
- Fatal effects of a neonatal high-protein diet in low-birth-weight piglets used as a model of intrauterine growth restrictionAgnès Jamin
INRA, UMR1079, SENAH, France
Neonatology 97:321-8. 2010..An IUGR piglet model provides an opportunity to investigate these effects...
- A high-protein neonatal formula induces a temporary reduction of adiposity and changes later adipocyte physiologyOusseynou Sarr
INRA, UMR1079 SENAH, Domaine de la Prise, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R387-97. 2011..In conclusion, a HP neonatal formula induced a temporary reduction of adiposity and changed adipocyte physiology at peripubertal age...
- Impact of intrauterine growth retardation and early protein intake on growth, adipose tissue, and the insulin-like growth factor system in pigletsAnne Morise
INRA, Agrocampus Rennes, UMR 1079, F 35000 Rennes, France
Pediatr Res 65:45-50. 2009..It remains to be determined whether piglets fed such a high protein intake will stay subsequently with a low adiposity...
- Digestive tract development in rabbit according to the dietary energetic source: correlation between whole tract digestion, pancreatic and intestinal enzymatic activitiesLaurence Debray
Station de Recherches Cunicoles, INRA, BP 27, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 135:443-55. 2003..Decreased digestibility of organic matter and protein observed with the HF diet could not be related to changes in pancreatic or intestinal enzymatic profiles and may be more dependent on quality of dietary ingredients...
- Defatted bovine colostrum-supplemented diet around weaning improves exocrine pancreatic secretion by means of volume, digestive enzymes, and antibacterial activityAntoine Huguet
INRA Agrocampus Ouest, UMR 1079, Rennes, France
Pancreas 38:303-8. 2009..Bovine colostrum, used in the treatment of diarrhea, reduces symptoms originating from gut pathogenic bacteria overgrowth. We hypothesized that bovine colostrum may stimulate the exocrine pancreatic secretion...
- An early stimulation of solid feed intake slightly influences the morphological gut maturation in the rabbitMélanie Gallois
Station de Recherches Cunicoles, INRA, BP 52627, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 45:109-22. 2005..The present results showed that morphological changes in the digestive tract of young rabbits were weakly influenced by an early stimulation of solid feed intake...