Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Curie
- Phyllodes tumors of the breast segregate in two groups according to genetic criteriaMarick Lae
Departement de Biologie des Tumeurs, Service de Pathologie, Institut Curie Hôpital, Paris, France
Mod Pathol 20:435-44. 2007..Helpful additional pathological criteria for differentiating the two genetic groups of phyllodes tumors are the nuclear size and the mitotic rate...
- Assessing HER2 gene amplification as a potential target for therapy in invasive urothelial bladder cancer with a standardized methodology: results in 1005 patientsM Lae
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, Paris Cedex 05, France
Ann Oncol 21:815-9. 2010..This study assessed the human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) protein expression and its relationship with gene amplification in invasive bladder carcinoma, using the same criteria than for breast cancer...
- Secretory breast carcinomas with ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene belong to the basal-like carcinoma spectrumMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Section Médicale, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 22:291-8. 2009..These results support the hypothesis that secretory breast carcinomas have immunohistochemical and genetic features that distinguish them from other basal-like tumors of the breast...
- KIT is highly expressed in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast, a basal-like carcinoma associated with a favorable outcomeSandy Azoulay
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 18:1623-31. 2005..This highly specific immunophenotype could be useful to differentiate adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast from other subtypes of breast carcinoma such as cribriform carcinoma...
- Pathological complete response and prognosis after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for HER2-positive breast cancers before and after trastuzumab era: results from a real-life cohortAnne Sophie Hamy-Petit
Institut Curie, PSL Research University, Translational Research Department, INSERM, U932 Immunity and Cancer, Residual Tumor and Response to Treatment Laboratory RT2Lab, F 75248, Paris, France
Br J Cancer 114:44-52. 2016..We investigated the factors predictive of pathological complete response (pCR), prognostic factors for disease-free survival (DFS), and interactions between pCR and DFS after neoadjuvant treatment...
- Fine-needle aspiration in desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a report of 10 new tumors in 8 patients with clinicopathological and molecular correlations with review of the literatureJerzy Klijanienko
Department of Tumor Biology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer Cytopathol 122:386-93. 2014..To date, only 35 DSRCT cases diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration have been described...
- Prognostic Impact of Time to Ipsilateral Breast Tumor Recurrence after Breast Conserving SurgeryMarie Gosset
Department of Surgery, Institut Curie, 75005, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0159888. 2016..A short time between primary cancer and IBTR is a prognostic factor but no clinically relevant threshold was determined. Classification of IBTR may help tailor treatment strategies...
- Fusion gene-negative alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is clinically and molecularly indistinguishable from embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaDaniel Williamson
INSERM Unité 830, Unité de Génétique Somatique, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2151-8. 2010....
- Concordant analysis of KRAS status in primary colon carcinoma and matched metastasisPascale Mariani
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Anticancer Res 30:4229-35. 2010..We concluded there was a high concordance in the KRAS status between the primary tumour and metastases. More than one informative block and more sensitive assay may increase the accuracy of KRAS status determination...
- Whole-genome profiling helps to classify phyllodes tumours of the breastMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Institut Curie, PSL Research University, Paris, France
J Clin Pathol 69:1081-1087. 2016....
- A transcriptome signature of endothelial lymphatic cells coexists with the chronic oxidative stress signature in radiation-induced post-radiotherapy breast angiosarcomasNabila Sandra Hadj-Hamou
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, UMR3244, 26 Rue d Ulm Paris Cedex 5 F 75248, France
Carcinogenesis 33:1399-405. 2012..In contrast, MYC amplification, which is observed in all radiation-induced tumors but also at a low rate in primary tumors, was not a marker of the radiation tumorigenesis...
- Gastric metastasis of breast cancer: a single centre retrospective studyMaher M Almubarak
Department of Surgery, Curie Institute, Paris, France
Dig Liver Dis 43:823-7. 2011..Digestive metastasis of breast cancer are rare but when they do occur the stomach is one of the commoner sites...
- Lobular phenotype related to occult-metastatic spread in axillary sentinel node and/or bone marrow in breast carcinomaAnne Vincent-Salomon
Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 75005 Paris Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 45:1979-86. 2009....
- MED12 mutations in breast phyllodes tumors: evidence of temporal tumoral heterogeneity and identification of associated critical signaling pathwaysMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Oncotarget . 2016..MED12 exon 1 and 2 mutation status and some of the altered genes identified in this study could constitute useful diagnostic or prognostic markers, and form the basis for novel therapeutic strategies for PTs...
- A Stromal Immune Module Correlated with the Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy, Prognosis and Lymphocyte Infiltration in HER2-Positive Breast Carcinoma Is Inversely Correlated with Hormonal PathwaysAnne Sophie Hamy
Institut Curie, PSL Research University, Translational Research Department, INSERM, U932 Immunity and Cancer, Residual Tumor and Response to Treatment Laboratory RT2Lab, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0167397. 2016..However, these tumors may display intrinsic or acquired resistance to treatment, and classifiers of HER2-positive tumors are required to improve the prediction of prognosis and to develop novel therapeutic interventions...
- Beyond Axillary Lymph Node Metastasis, BMI and Menopausal Status Are Prognostic Determinants for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Treated by Neoadjuvant ChemotherapyHélène Bonsang-Kitzis
Department of Surgery, Institut Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0144359. 2015..Only a subset of patients achieves a pathologic complete response (pCR) after NAC and have a better outcome than patients with residual disease...
- Renal translocation carcinomas: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and gene expression profiling analysis of 31 cases with a review of the literaturePhilippe Camparo
HIA Val de Grace, Van Andel Research Institute, Paris, France
Am J Surg Pathol 32:656-70. 2008..Our results suggest that these differentially expressed genes may serve as novel diagnostic or prognostic markers...
- Management of phyllodes breast tumorsEugenie Guillot
Department of Surgery, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Breast J 17:129-37. 2011..Genetic analysis will potentially supplement classical histologic examination in order to improve our management of these tumors. The role of adjuvant treatments is unproven and must be considered on a case-by-case basis...
- Secretory Breast Carcinoma: A Histopathologic and Genomic Spectrum Characterized by a Joint Specific ETV6-NTRK3 Gene FusionMarie Del Castillo
Department of Biopathology, Institut Bergonie, Comprehensive Cancer Centre University of Bordeaux INSERM U916, Bordeaux Pathology Department, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon Technopole Pathologie, Saint Etienne CACP Les Tonnelles, Montpellier Department of Biopathology, Institut Curie, INSERM U830, Paris, France Pathology Department, CHUS Hôpital de Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 39:1458-67. 2015....
- Chromosomal instability in near-diploid colorectal cancer: a link between numbers and structureMartine Muleris
French National Institute for Health and Medical Research INSERM, UMRS_762, Centre de Recherche CDR Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1632. 2008....
- Fascin, a novel target of beta-catenin-TCF signaling, is expressed at the invasive front of human colon cancerDanijela Vignjevic
UMR 144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Department of Pathology, Institut Curie, 25 rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cancer Res 67:6844-53. 2007..We propose that genes involved in cell migration and invasion, such as fascin1, could serve as novel targets for metastasis prevention...