Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Effectiveness of HPV vaccination on prevalence of vaccine genotypes in young sexually active women in FranceIsabelle Heard
Centre National de Référence des papillomavirus humains, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris
J Infect Dis . 2016..Effectiveness of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines in the context of both guidelines which recommend vaccination at 14 years and modest vaccine coverage is poorly documented...
- Clinical and analytical performance of the PapilloCheck HPV-Screening assay using the VALGENT frameworkI Heard
French Human papilomavirus Reference Laboratory, Institut Pasteur, France Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, IE3M, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France Electronic address
J Clin Virol 81:6-11. 2016..Assessment of emerging HPV tests in this context is essential, using well-annotated samples, such as those generated via the Validation of Genotyping Tests-HPV (VALGENT) framework...
- [HPV contamination of endocavity vaginal ultrasound probes]I Heard
Centre national de référence des papillomavirus humains, Institut Pasteur, 25 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 44:102-6. 2015..The objective of this article was to review recent publications concluding to the detection of HPV and human cellular DNA after gynecological examination and disinfection of vaginal ultrasound probes. ..
- Comparing human papillomavirus prevalences in women with normal cytology or invasive cervical cancer to rank genotypes according to their oncogenic potential: a meta-analysis of observational studiesErik Bernard
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pharmaco Épidémiologie et Maladies Infectieuses, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15 France
BMC Infect Dis 13:373. 2013..Therefore, it appears essential to rank HPV genotypes according to their oncogenic potential for invasive cervical cancer, independently of their respective prevalences...
- Characteristics of HPV infection over time in European women who are HIV-1 positiveI Heard
HPV National Reference Centre, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
BJOG 120:41-9. 2013....
- Human papillomavirus, cancer and vaccinationIsabelle Heard
HPV National Reference Centre, Institut Pasteur, France
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:297-302. 2011..This study describes recent findings in HPV-related cancers and precancerous lesions and discuss the potential benefit of recently developed prophylactic HPV vaccines...
- High prevalence of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive men despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, INSERM U 430 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 31:96-9. 2004..GOAL The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of anal HPV infection and SIL inpatients under HAART...
- Prevalence of and Risk Factors for Anal Oncogenic Human Papillomavirus Infection Among HIV-Infected Women in France in the Combination Antiretroviral Therapy EraIsabelle Heard
French Human Papillomavirus Reference Laboratory, Institut Pasteur Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris
J Infect Dis 213:1455-61. 2016..Little is known about the type-specific prevalence of anal human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and risk factors for anal high-risk (HR) HPV infection in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected women...
- The impact of HIV antiviral therapy on human papillomavirus (HPV) infections and HPV-related diseasesIsabelle Heard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U430 and Unite d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Europeen G Pompidou, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:13-22. 2004..However, data on the impact of HAART on HPV disease are sparse and mixed results have been reported...
- Prevention of cervical cancer in women with HIVIsabelle Heard
Unite de Biologie de la Reproduction, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, France
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 4:68-73. 2009..The question whether cervical screening, which helped to reduce dramatically cervical cancer rates through the detection of precancerous lesions in the general population, is as efficient in the setting of HIV is still debated...
- High rate of recurrence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia after surgery in HIV-positive womenIsabelle Heard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430 and Unité d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:412-8. 2005..Our study investigated the rate of recurrence of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) in HIV-positive women after surgery in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Heterogeneous response to HAART across a diverse population of people living with HIV: results from the ANRS-EN12-VESPA StudyRosemary Dray-Spira
INSERM, U687, Saint Maurice, and Université Paris XI, IFR69, Villejuif, and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Service d immunologie clinique, Paris, France
AIDS 21:S5-12. 2007..Benefits from HAART may be heterogeneous across people living with HIV. We measured the differences in the rate of HAART failure across the various subgroups represented at the level of a country...
- Breast cancer among HIV infected individuals from the ONCOVIH study, in France: therapeutic implicationsJean Philippe Spano
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Département d Oncologie Médicale du Prof David Khayat, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Eur J Cancer 48:3335-41. 2012..The cross-sectional ONCOVIH study prospectively enrolled HIV-infected adults and children with newly diagnosed malignancies in France in 2006...
- Limited impact of immunosuppression and HAART on the incidence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-positive womenIsabelle Heard
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:1091-6. 2006..Our objective was to compare the incidence of SILs in HIV-infected women receiving HAART versus those not receiving HAART and to determine the role of risk factors including immunosuppression in the pathogenesis of SIL...
- [Reproductive choices in women living with HIV/AIDS in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART)]Isabelle Heard
Unite de Biologie de la Reproduction, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 24:48-52. 2008
- Surgical management of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected womenHerve Foulot
Département de gynécologie, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 141:153-7. 2008..We evaluated the efficacy of two excisional procedures, loop excision of the transformation zone (LLETZ) and electrosurgical conisation, in obtaining complete excision of CIN in HIV-infected patients...
- Data from the French cohort studies and framing the French contraceptive guidelinesIsabelle Heard
Hospital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:S29-31. 2005
- Human papillomavirus types distribution in organised cervical cancer screening in FranceIsabelle Heard
French HPV Reference Laboratory, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6 INSERM U943 Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e79372. 2013..Knowledge of prevalence rates and distribution of human papillomavirus (HPV) genotypes prior high HPV vaccine coverage is necessary to assess its expected impact on HPV ecology and on cervical lesions and cancers...
- Exploring individual HPV coinfections is essential to predict HPV-vaccination impact on genotype distribution: a model-based approachMargarita Pons-Salort
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Pharmacoépidémiologie et Maladies Infectieuses, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Vaccine 31:1238-45. 2013..However, the existence and the nature of these interactions are still largely unknown. Here, we assess how such interactions might affect the impact of HPV vaccination on genotype distribution in the long term...
- Contraceptive use in HIV-positive womenIsabelle Heard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U430 and Unité d Immunologie Clinique, Hopital Europeen G Pompidou, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:714-20. 2004..3-3.3). These data emphasize that contraception counseling should include a discussion on reproductive issues as well as transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, taking into account the partner's serostatus...
- [Age for HPV vaccination: recommandations from the French high council of public health]Isabelle Heard
Centre National de Référence des HPV, Institut Pasteur, 25 28, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France Inserm U943, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 4, place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 29:1161-6. 2013..A decrease in the prevalence of infection with genotypes included in the vaccine has now been reported in several studies. This decrease may be partly attributable to herd immunity. ..
- Resequencing microarray technology for genotyping human papillomavirus in cervical smearsNicolas Berthet
Institut Pasteur, Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 3569, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
PLoS ONE 9:e109301. 2014..In conclusion, we demonstrate the diagnostic potential of resequencing technology for genotyping of HPV, and illustrate its value both for epidemiological studies and for monitoring the distribution of HPV in the post-vaccination era. ..
- Increased risk of high grade cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions in systemic lupus erythematosus: A meta-analysis of the literatureEmilie Zard
AP HP, Groupement Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, E3M Institute, Internal Medicine Department 2, National Reference Centre for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, F 75013, Paris, France
Autoimmun Rev 13:730-5. 2014..This meta-analysis shows that the risk of HSIL is significantly increased in SLE patients, compared to healthy female controls. This suggests that women with SLE may benefit from HPV vaccines and specific cervical cancer screening...
- Reproductive choice in men and women living with HIV: evidence from a large representative sample of outpatients attending French hospitals (ANRS-EN12-VESPA Study)Isabelle Heard
Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
AIDS 21:S77-82. 2007..This study analysed factors associated with the desire for a child in a sample of heterosexual women and men of reproductive age living with HIV...
- High Prevalence of Anal Human Papillomavirus-Associated Cancer Precursors in a Contemporary Cohort of Asymptomatic HIV-Infected WomenIsabelle Heard
French Human Papillomavirus Reference Laboratory, Institut Pasteur Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris AP HP
Clin Infect Dis 60:1559-68. 2015..Although human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected women are at high risk for anal cancer, few data have been published on prevalence of and risk factors for anal precancer and potential screening strategies in this risk group...
- High prevalence of anal human papillomavirus infection and anal cancer precursors among HIV-infected persons in the absence of anal intercourseChristophe Piketty
INSERM U 430 and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 138:453-9. 2003..Anal HPV infection and anal SIL are common in HIV-positive men who have sex with men; receptive anal intercourse is presumed to be the mode of acquisition of HPV...
- [Investigation on HPV DNA detection and genotyping practices used in French laboratories in 2009]Isabelle Heard
Centre National de Référence des HPV, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 69:303-9. 2011..The right tests were not carried in the right solution storage according to the recommendations from different HPV testing assays. National recommendations should be elaborated in order to improve the performance of the test used...
- Residual HIV-1 RNA and HIV-1 DNA production in the genital tract reservoir of women treated with HAART: the prospective ANRS EP24 GYNODYN studyOdile Launay
Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 16:843-52. 2011..The objective of this study was to prospectively assess residual HIV-1 RNA and HIV-1 DNA production in the genital tract reservoir of women initiating HAART over an 18-month period...