Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Current Food Classifications in Epidemiological Studies Do Not Enable Solid Nutritional Recommendations for Preventing Diet-Related Chronic Diseases: The Impact of Food ProcessingAnthony Fardet
National Institute for Agricultural Research INRA, Joint Research Unit 1019, Human Nutrition Research Center of Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France University of Auvergne, Unit of Human Nutrition, Clermont Ferrand, France
Adv Nutr 6:629-38. 2015....
- Wheat-based foods and non celiac gluten/wheat sensitivity: Is drastic processing the main key issue?Anthony Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand and Clermont Université, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 85:934-9. 2015..Finally, some research tracks are proposed, notably the comparison of NCWGS prevalence in populations consuming ultra-versus minimally-processed cereal-based foods. ..
- A shift toward a new holistic paradigm will help to preserve and better process grain products' food structure for improving their health effectsAnthony Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand and Clermont Université, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Food Funct 6:363-82. 2015....
- Toward a new philosophy of preventive nutrition: from a reductionist to a holistic paradigm to improve nutritional recommendationsAnthony Fardet
Department of Human Nutrition, INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand, France and Clermont Université, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Adv Nutr 5:430-46. 2014..Preventive human nutrition can no longer be considered as "pharmacology" or foods as "drugs." ..
- The search for a new paradigm to study micronutrient and phytochemical bioavailability: from reductionism to holismA Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France Clermont Université, Universite d Auvergne, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, BP 10448, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 82:181-6. 2014..This paper aims to hypothesize for such a paradigm shift in this topic and to lay new foundations for research in MaP bioavailability. ..
- Plant-based foods as a source of lipotropes for human nutrition: a survey of in vivo studiesAnthony Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019 Nutrition Humaine, F 63122, Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 53:535-90. 2013..Supplemental materials are available for this article. Go to the publisher's online edition of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition® to view the free supplemental file...
- New hypotheses for the health-protective mechanisms of whole-grain cereals: what is beyond fibre?Anthony Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019 Nutrition Humaine, F 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Nutr Res Rev 23:65-134. 2010..Finally, benefits of nutrigenomics to study complex physiological effects of the 'whole-grain package', and the most promising ways for improving the nutritional quality of cereal products are discussed...
- Metabolomics provide new insight on the metabolism of dietary phytochemicals in ratsAnthony Fardet
Unite de Nutrition Humaine, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Recherche de Clermont Ferrand Theix, F 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Nutr 138:1282-7. 2008..This study shows that metabolomics allows the identification of new metabolites of phytochemicals and can be used to distinguish individuals fed different phytochemical-containing foods...
- Wheat germ supplementation of a low vitamin E diet in rats affords effective antioxidant protection in tissuesFanny Leenhardt
INRA Clermont Theix, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, F 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Am Coll Nutr 27:222-8. 2008..Oxidative stress is implicated in the etiology of many diseases, but most of clinical trials failed to demonstrate beneficial effects of antioxidant supplementation...
- Thermal and refining processes, not fermentation, tend to reduce lipotropic capacity of plant-based foodsAnthony Fardet
INRA, UMR 1019, UNH, CRNH Auvergne, F 63000, Clermont Ferrand, France
Food Funct 2:483-504. 2011..Results of this study also showed that the LC is quite a relevant index to estimate effect of processing on lipotropic potential of PBF...
- Influence of sourdough prefermentation, of steam cooking suppression and of decreased sucrose content during wheat flakes processing on the plasma glucose and insulin responses and satiety of healthy subjectsDelphine Lioger
INRA, Centre Clermont Ferrand Theix, UMR1019, Unité Nutrition Humaine, University of Clermont Ferrand 1, UFR Medecine, UMR101, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
J Am Coll Nutr 28:30-6. 2009....
- A liquid chromatography-quadrupole time-of-flight (LC-QTOF)-based metabolomic approach reveals new metabolic effects of catechin in rats fed high-fat dietsAnthony Fardet
UMR 1019, Unite de Nutrition Humaine, INRA, Centre de Recherche de Clermont Ferrand Theix, F 63122 S Genès Champanelle, France
J Proteome Res 7:2388-98. 2008..After catechin supplementation, the excretion of nicotinic acid was fully restored to the level found in the rats fed the low-fat diet. The physiological significance of these metabolic changes is discussed...