Affiliation: Institut Pasteur de Lille
- Long-term colonization with Pneumocystis jirovecii in hospital staffs: a challenge to prevent nosocomial pneumocystosisIsabelle Durand-Joly
EA 3609 Pasteur Institute of Lille, Lille, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 50:614-5. 2003
- Histoplasma capsulatum and Pneumocystis spp. co-infection in wild bats from Argentina, French Guyana, and MexicoAntonio E González-González
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City 04510, Mexico
BMC Microbiol 14:23. 2014..capsulatum and the mtLSUrRNA and mtSSUrRNA loci for Pneumocystis organisms...
- Parasites and malignancies, a review, with emphasis on digestive cancer induced by Cryptosporidium parvum (Alveolata: Apicomplexa)S Benamrouz
Biologie and Diversité des Pathogènes Eucaryotes Émergents BDEEP, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille CIIL, Inserm U1019, CNRS UMR8402, EA4547, Universite Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Parasite 19:101-15. 2012..On the whole, infection seems to play a crucial role in the etiology of cancer...
- Cryptosporidium infection in a veal calf cohort in France: molecular characterization of species in a longitudinal studyJérôme Follet
Laboratoire Biotechnologies et Gestion des Agents Pathogènes, Institut Supérieur d Agriculture, 59048 Lille, France
Vet Res 42:116. 2011..C. parvum gp60 genotyping identifies 6 IIa subtypes of which 74.5% were represented by IIaA15G2R1. This work confirms previous studies in other countries showing that zoonotic C. parvum is the dominant species seen in young calves...
- Animal models of pneumocystosisE Dei-Cas
Faculty of Medicine and Regional University Hospital Centre, Lille, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 22:163-8. 1998..They were also used to test the anti-Pneumocystis activity of antimicrobial molecules...
- Morphological and ultrastructural methods for PneumocystisE Dei-Cas
Dep Microbiology of Ecosystems, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 22:185-9. 1998....
- Pneumocystis infections: the iceberg?E Dei-Cas
Dept Microbiology of Ecosystems, Pasteur Institute of Lille, Lille and Faculty of Medicine and Regional University Hospital Centre, France
Med Mycol 38:23-32. 2000..In fact, airborne Pneumocystis infection can display a large spectrum of clinical presentations and most likely, we recognize at present only the tip of the iceberg...
- Parasite. ForewordDei Cas Eduador
Lille Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Parasite 15:185-6. 2008
- Pneumocystis oryctolagi sp. nov., an uncultured fungus causing pneumonia in rabbits at weaning: review of current knowledge, and description of a new taxon on genotypic, phylogenetic and phenotypic basesEduardo Dei-Cas
ECOPA EA 3609, Lille Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
FEMS Microbiol Rev 30:853-71. 2006..The present work focuses on Pneumocystis oryctolagi sp. nov. from Old-World rabbits. This new species has been described on the basis of both biological and phylogenetic species concepts...
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates obtained from humans in FranceK Guyot
Ecologie du Parasitisme, Institut Pasteur de Lille, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:3472-80. 2001..This is the first report of the last three species of Cryptosporidium in humans in France. These results indicate that immunocompromised individuals are susceptible to a wide range of Cryptosporidium species and genotypes...
- Molecular typing of Pneumocystis jirovecii found in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded lung tissue sections from sudden infant death victimsM Chabé
Ecology of Parasitism, EA 3609 IFR17, Pasteur Institute of Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette BP245, 59019 Lille, France
Microbiology 150:1167-72. 2004..In conclusion, an efficient protocol for isolating PCR-ready DNA from FFPE lung tissue sections was developed. It established that the Pneumocystis species found in the lungs of Chilean SID victims was P. jirovecii...
- PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of a diagnostic 452-base-pair DNA fragment discriminates between Cryptosporidium parvum and C. meleagridis and between C. parvum isolates of human and animal originK Guyot
Ecologie du Parasitisme, IFR 17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2071-6. 2002..Polymorphism was exploited to develop a restriction fragment length polymorphism method able to discriminate Cryptosporidium species and C. parvum genotypes...
- Immunocompetent hosts as a reservoir of pneumocystis organisms: histological and rt-PCR data demonstrate active replicationM Chabé
Ecology of Parasitism, Lille Pasteur Institute, 1 rue du Prof Calmette BP245, 59019, Lille, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:89-97. 2004..The results showed Pneumocystis organisms were able to replicate in the lungs of immunocompetent hosts, which indicates these hosts are a reservoir for Pneumocystis spp...
- Phylogenetic analysis of Trichophyton mentagrophytes human and animal isolates based on MnSOD and ITS sequence comparisonEmilie Frealle
Departement de Parasitologie Mycologie, Faculte de Medecine, Pole de Microbiologie, CHRU de Lille, EA3609, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
Microbiology 153:3466-77. 2007..Relationships between ITS/MnSOD sequences and host origin, clinical pattern and phenotypic characteristics (macroscopic and microscopic morphologies) were analysed...
- Effect of a killer toxin of Pichia anomala to Pneumocystis. Perspectives in the control of pneumocystosisN Seguy
Dépt Microbiol Ecosystèmes, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 22:145-9. 1998..Yeast killer toxin-like recombinant molecules could provide the basis for a new therapeutic strategy towards the control of pneumocystosis...
- Cloning and characterization of WMSU1, a Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii gene encoding a new yeast SUN protein involved in the cell wall structureCyril Guyard
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
Yeast 19:1127-38. 2002..Scanning electron microscopy analysis of a recombinant S. cerevisiae producing Wmsu1p showed that this strain exhibited an altered cell wall, thus pointing to a probable role of this protein in the cell wall structure...
- Manganese superoxide dismutase based phylogeny of pathogenic fungiEmilie Frealle
ECOPA EA 3609 Lille 2 University, IFR17, Lille Pasteur Institute, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Phylogenet Evol 41:28-39. 2006..A salient point was the existence of two paralogous cytosolic and mitochondrial MnSODs in some Ascomycota. A hypothetical evolutionary scenario with an early gene duplication of the "mitochondrial" gene is proposed...
- Pneumocystis carinii f. sp. hominis is not infectious for SCID miceIsabelle Durand-Joly
Ecologie du Parasitisme, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Prof Calmette BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:1862-5. 2002..hominis or P. carinii f. sp. muris isolates. Only mice inoculated with mouse parasites developed Pneumocystis pneumonia, as assessed by microscopy and PCR. These results suggest that humans do not contract pneumocystosis from animals...
- Systemic and mucosal responses to oral administration of excretory and secretory antigens from Giardia intestinalisJuan Carlos Jimenez
INSERM U547, Schistosomiasis, Malaria, and Inflammation, Lille Pasteur Institute IFR 17, 59019 Lille, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:152-60. 2004..The present results suggested that Giardia excretory and secretory antigens stimulate a preferential Th2 response, which is probably involved in the intestinal alterations associated with giardiasis...
- Characterization of a Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii high molecular weight secreted killer toxin with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activityCyril Guyard
Département de Microbiologie des Ecosystèmes, IFR17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:961-71. 2002..These findings indicate that WmKT is a novel killer toxin whose molecular characterization may lead to the development of new wide-spectrum antimicrobial compounds...
- Manganese superoxide dismutase in pathogenic fungi: an issue with pathophysiological and phylogenetic involvementsEmilie Frealle
ECOPA EA 3609, Lille Pasteur Institute, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:411-22. 2005..MnSOD-based phylogenetic and pathogenic data are confronted in order to evaluate the roles of fungal MnSODs in pathophysiological mechanisms...
- Molecular diagnosis of Pneumocystis pneumoniaIsabelle Durand-Joly
Parasitology Mycology EA 3609, Lille 2 University Hospital Centre, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:405-10. 2005..This non-invasive procedure may reach 90%-sensitivity and has been used for monitoring the response to treatment in AIDS patients and for typing Pneumocystis isolates...
- Cryptosporidium population genetics: evidence of clonality in isolates from France and HaitiTramy Ngouanesavanh
Ecologie du Parasitisme EA 3609, IFR 142, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette BP245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 53:S33-6. 2006
- Diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis using bronchoalveolar lavage in haematology patients: influence of bronchoalveolar lavage human DNA content on real-time PCR performanceE Frealle
EA 3609, Departement de Parasitologie Mycologie, Faculte de Medecine, Pole de Microbiologie, CHRU de Lille, Universite de Lille 2, Laboratoire d Ecologie du Parasitisme, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:223-32. 2009..Using beta-globin for the interpretation of fungal PCR could improve the negative predictive value of this test...
- Epidemiological and taxonomic impact of Pneumocystis biodiversityE Mazars
Department of Microbiology of Ecosystems, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 22:75-80. 1998..These researches are opening a virgin field for microbiology research...
- Antibody and cytokine responses in BALB/c mice immunized with the excreted/secreted proteins of Giardia intestinalis: the role of cysteine proteasesJ C Jimenez
Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 103:693-703. 2009..Since E-64 only inhibits cysteine proteases, these results indicate that the excreted/secreted cysteine proteases of G. intestinalis may be involved in the induction and regulation of a specific immune response in the infected host...
- Molecular characterization of a new Tetratrichomonas species in a patient with empyemaClea Mantini
Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM U547, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:2336-9. 2009..This observation raised the questions of the real prevalence of pulmonary trichomonosis in humans, the zoonotic potential of trichomonads, and the existence of human-host-adapted strains...
- The Pneumocystis life cycleCécile Marie Aliouat-Denis
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 104:419-26. 2009..This mini-review provides a comprehensive overview of the historical milestones leading to the current knowledge available on the Pneumocystis life cycle...
- Use of fluorescence resonance energy transfer hybridization probes to evaluate quantitative real-time PCR for diagnosis of ocular toxoplasmosisAudrey Simon
Parasitology Mycology Department, Lille 2 University Hospital Center, Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:3681-5. 2004..gondii DNA detection, suggesting a good relative assay specificity. On the whole, quantitative real-time PCR appears to be useful for diagnosing atypical ocular toxoplasmosis presentations...
- [Human pulmonary trichomonoses]Christophe Duboucher
CHI de Poissy Saint Germain, Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Saint Germain en Laye, France
Presse Med 36:835-9. 2007..The diagnosis of trichomoniasis and its treatment by specific drugs will make it possible to evaluate the pathogenicity of these parasites...
- Involvement of [beta]-glucans in the wide-spectrum antimicrobial activity of Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii MUCL 41968 killer toxinCyril Guyard
Mol Med 8:686-94. 2002..Indeed, Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains sensitive to the toxin become resistant when mutated in their beta-glucan synthesis pathway...
- Exploring transplacental transmission of Pneumocystis oryctolagi in first-time pregnant and multiparous rabbit doesCatherine A Sanchez
Pneumocystis Research Laboratory, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Med Mycol 45:701-7. 2007..Whether Pneumocystis-DNA in fetal tissues from multiparous does resulted from transplacental passage of viable transmissible forms requires further investigation...
- Pneumocystis species, co-evolution and pathogenic powerCécile Marie Aliouat-Denis
Parasitology Mycology Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, EA3609 Lille 2 University, IFR 142 Lille Pasteur Institute, France
Infect Genet Evol 8:708-26. 2008..Pneumocystis infection of immunocompetent hosts emerges therefore as a relevant issue to human as well as animal health...
- Pneumocystis jiroveci internal transcribed spacer types in patients colonized by the fungus and in patients with pneumocystosis from the same French geographic regionGilles Nevez
Department of Parasitology, Mycology and Travel Medicine, University Hospital of Amiens, Jules Verne University of Picardy, 80054 Amiens, France
J Clin Microbiol 41:181-6. 2003..jiroveci ITS genotypes in colonized patients and patients with PCP suggest that human populations infected by P. jiroveci, whatever the clinical manifestation, may play a role as a common reservoir for the fungus...
- Molecular genetic approaches to the study of human pathogenic fungiGeorge S Kobayashi
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:353-4. 2005
- Historical perspective on Pneumocystis carinii infectionEnrique J Calderón-Sandubete
Department of Internal Medicine, Virgen del Rocio University Hospitals, Seville, Spain
Protist 153:303-10. 2002
- Phylogenetic systematics and evolution of primate-derived Pneumocystis based on mitochondrial or nuclear DNA sequence comparisonJean Pierre Hugot
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Departement Systematique et Evolution, UMS Origine, Structure et Evolution de la Biodiversité, 75 231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Syst Biol 52:735-44. 2003..This study also provides support for the hypothesis that the different Pneumocystis species are genetically independent organisms, helping to clarify their taxonomic status...
- First molecular data on cryptosporidiosis in VenezuelaGabriela Certad
Ecologie du Parasitisme EA 3609, IFR 142, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, Rue du Professeur Calmette BP245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 53:S30-2. 2006
- Therapeutic efficacies of GW471552 and GW471558, two new azasordarin derivatives, against pneumocystosis in two immunosuppressed-rat modelsElena Jimenez
GlaxoSmithKline, Technological Park of Madrid, Severo Ochoa 2, 28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2648-50. 2002..carinii cysts per gram of lung homogenate when administered at 1 mg/kg of body weight twice a day for 10 days. In a nude rat inoculation model, both compounds showed therapeutic efficacy at 0.25 mg/kg twice a day for 10 days...
- Molecular and serological evidence of Pneumocystis circulation in a social organization of healthy macaques (Macaca fascicularis)Christine Demanche
Equipe de Mycologie, UMR 956 INRA AFSSA ENVA UPVM Biologie Moléculaire et Immunologie Parasitaires et Fongiques, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, 7 Avenue du General de Gaulle, 94704 Maisons Alfort, France
Microbiology 151:3117-25. 2005..However, the implication of the various members of the colony was probably different and several levels of colonization by Pneumocystis may occur in immunocompetent macaques...
- Cryptosporidium oocysts in mussels (Mytilus edulis) from Normandy (France)Xunde Li
Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 76138 Rouen, France
Int J Food Microbiol 108:321-5. 2006..This work reports for the first time the presence of infectious Cryptosporidium oocysts in shellfish from France...
- Molecular identification of Tritrichomonas foetus-like organisms as coinfecting agents of human Pneumocystis pneumoniaChristophe Duboucher
centre hospitalier intercommunal de Poissy Saint Germain en Laye, Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:1165-8. 2006..This human case of T. foetus-like infection emphasizes the zoonotic potential of trichomonads, although the existence of a human-host-adapted T. foetus strain cannot be excluded...
- [Human cryptosporidiosis and Cryptosporidium spp. in Haiti]Christian P Raccurt
Service de Parasitologie et de Mycologie médicales, Faculté de Médecine et CHU d Amiens, Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France
Trop Med Int Health 11:929-34. 2006..Cryptosporidiosis remains a frequent hazard for both AIDS patients and young children in Haiti because of poor hygiene, particularly contaminated water and overcrowded conditions associated with urban slums...
- Phylogenetic relationships among Pneumocystis from Asian macaques inferred from mitochondrial rRNA sequencesJacques Guillot
Equipe de Mycologie, UMR INRA AFSSA ENVA UPVM, Biologie Moléculaire et Immunologie Parasitaires et Fongiques, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, Alfort, France
Mol Phylogenet Evol 31:988-96. 2004..mulatta and M. fascicularis suggesting that host-species restriction may not systematically occur in the genus Pneumocystis. Alternatively, these observations question about the species concept in macaques...
- Influence of climatic factors on Pneumocystis carriage within a socially organized group of immunocompetent macaques (Macaca fascicularis)Christine Demanche
UMR BIPAR, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 50:611-3. 2003..5%). The number of macaques with detectable Pneumocystis DNA was highly variable from one month to another. However, Pnemocystis carriage was clearly correlated to the mean precipitation rates...
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates from humans and animals in IranAhmad Reza Meamar
Department of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 14155 6446, Tehran, Iran
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1033-5. 2007..Three Cryptosporidium species, C. hominis, C. parvum, and C. meleagridis, were recognized, and zoonotically transmitted C. parvum was the predominant species found in humans...
- Frequency of trichomonads as coinfecting agents in Pneumocystis pneumoniaChristophe Duboucher
Anatomic Pathology Laboratory, Service of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hôpital de Saint Germainen Laye, Saint Germain en Laye, France
Acta Cytol 49:273-7. 2005..To investigate the incidence of the association of Trichomonas and Pneumocystis in the lung...
- Pulmonary coinfection by Trichomonas vaginalis and Pneumocystis sp. as a novel manifestation of AIDSChristophe Duboucher
Department of Pathology, Pneumology, Infectioud Diseases and Bacteriology, Saint Germain en Laye Hospital, Saint Germain en Laye, France
Hum Pathol 34:508-11. 2003..In the present case, T. vaginalis is found as coinfecting agent. Our data, like those found in the literature, suggest that trichomonads are overlooked parasites that may be regularly implicated in diverse human pathologies...
- Cordylobia anthropophaga (Diptera: Calliphoridae) outside Africa: a case of furuncular myiasis in a child returning from CongoEric Dehecq
ILaboratoire Environnement et Santé, Faculté Libre des Sciences et Faculté Libre de Médecine, 56 Rue Du Port, 59046 Lille Cedex, France
J Med Entomol 42:187-92. 2005..A review has been made of the major cases of imported furuncular myiasis due to Cordylobia, as well as identification of second larval instars and management of the myiasis...
- Trichomonads as superinfecting agents in Pneumocystis pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndromeChristophe Duboucher
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier de Poissy Saint Germain, Saint Germain en Laye, France
J Eukaryot Microbiol 53:S95-7. 2006