Affiliation: Institut Pasteur
- Phi29 polymerase based random amplification of viral RNA as an alternative to random RT-PCRNicolas Berthet
1Genotyping of Pathogens and Public Health Technological Platform, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
BMC Mol Biol 9:77. 2008..We adapted the QuantiTect Whole Transcriptome Kit (Qiagen) to our purposes and designated the method as Whole Transcriptome Amplification (WTA)...
- Application of high-density DNA resequencing microarray for detection and characterization of botulinum neurotoxin-producing clostridiaJessica Vanhomwegen
Institut Pasteur, Laboratory for Urgent Responses to Biological Threats, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e67510. 2013..The high diversity in nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of the gene cluster encoding the BoNT components poses a great challenge for the screening and characterization of BoNT-producing strains...
- Evaluation of high-throughput sequencing for identifying known and unknown viruses in biological samplesJustine Cheval
Institut Pasteur, Genotyping of Pathogens and Public Health Platform, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, F 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:3268-75. 2011..When the virus load was sufficiently high, de novo assembly permitted the generation of long contigs corresponding to nearly full-length genomes and thus should facilitate the identification of novel viruses...
- Use of consensus sequences for the design of high density resequencing microarrays: the influenza virus paradigmIndia Leclercq
Institut Pasteur, Laboratory for Urgent Response to Biological Threats CIBU, Paris, France
BMC Genomics 11:586. 2010..The part dedicated to influenza viruses was based on consensus sequences specific for one gene generated from global alignments of a large number of influenza virus sequences available in databanks...
- Massively parallel pathogen identification using high-density microarraysNicolas Berthet
Genotyping of Pathogens and Public Health Technological Platform, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Microb Biotechnol 1:79-86. 2008..Our results suggest this technology could be applied in a clinical setting to test for numerous pathogens in a rapid, sensitive and unbiased manner...
- Improved assembly procedure of viral RNA genomes amplified with Phi29 polymerase from new generation sequencing dataNicolas Berthet
Institut Pasteur, Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Oncogenic Viruses, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724, Paris, France
Biol Res 49:39. 2016..The pre-process method proposed in this study strongly limits the negative impact of chimeric reads in order to obtain the full-length of viral genomes...
- Complete Genome Characterization of the Arumowot Virus (Unclassified Phlebovirus) Isolated from Turdus libonyanus Birds in the Central African RepublicNicolas Berthet
1 Institut Pasteur, Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Oncogenic Viruses, Paris, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 16:139-43. 2016....
- Application of broad-spectrum resequencing microarray for genotyping rhabdovirusesLaurent Dacheux
Institut Pasteur, Lyssavirus Dynamics and Host Adaptation Unit, Paris, France
J Virol 84:9557-74. 2010....
- No evidence for viral sequences in five lepidic adenocarcinomas (former "BAC") by a high-throughput sequencing approachNicolas Berthet
Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Oncogenic Viruses Unit, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015, Paris, France
BMC Res Notes 8:782. 2015..Around 180 million single reads of 100 bases were generated for each BAC sample...
- Recurrent Breast Abscesses due to Corynebacterium kroppenstedtii, a Human Pathogen Uncommon in Caucasian WomenAnne Le Flèche-Matéos
Institut Pasteur, Cellule d Intervention Biologique d Urgence CIBU, 75724 Paris, France
Case Rep Infect Dis 2012:120968. 2012..The current lack of such investigations, probably due to the difficulty to detect Ck, may cause the underestimation of such an aetiology...
- Genetic characterization of Chikungunya virus in the Central African RepublicMarion Desdouits
Virology Department, Institut Pasteur de Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Oncogenic Viruses Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France Electronic address
Infect Genet Evol 33:25-31. 2015..albopictus, as previously observed in other Central African countries. Intense surveillance of the human and vector populations is necessary to prevent or anticipate the emergence of a massive CHIKF epidemic in the CAR...