Genomes and Genes
Alain R Baulard
Affiliation: Institut Pasteur de Lille
- In vivo interaction between the polyprenol phosphate mannose synthase Ppm1 and the integral membrane protein Ppm2 from Mycobacterium smegmatis revealed by a bacterial two-hybrid systemAlain R Baulard
INSERM U447, Institut Pasteur de Lille Institut de Biologie de Lille, France
J Biol Chem 278:2242-8. 2003..This interaction is reminiscent of that of mammalian Dpm1 with Dpm3 and mimics the structure of MtPpm1 as demonstrated by the capacity of the two domains of MtPpm1 to spontaneously interact when co-expressed in E. coli...
- Structural activation of the transcriptional repressor EthR from Mycobacterium tuberculosis by single amino acid change mimicking natural and synthetic ligandsXavier Carette
Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, F 59019 Lille, France
Nucleic Acids Res 40:3018-30. 2012..These results also shed light on the mechanistic of ligand-induced allosterism controlling the DNA binding properties of TetR family repressors...
- EthR, a repressor of the TetR/CamR family implicated in ethionamide resistance in mycobacteria, octamerizes cooperatively on its operatorJean Engohang-Ndong
INSERM U447, Institut de Biologie de Lille Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Mol Microbiol 51:175-88. 2004..In contrast, surface plasmon resonance analyses showed that eight EthR molecules bind cooperatively to the 55 bp operator, which represents a novel repression mechanism for a TetR/CamR member...
- Unconventional surface plasmon resonance signals reveal quantitative inhibition of transcriptional repressor EthR by synthetic ligandsCéline Crauste
Biostructures and Drug Discovery, INSERM U761, F 59000 Lille, France Faculté de Pharmacie de Lille, University of Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France Institut Pasteur de Lille, F 59019 Lille, France IFR 142, Molecular and Cellular Medicine, F 59021 Lille, France PRIM, F 59019 Lille, France
Anal Biochem 452:54-66. 2014....
- Direct measurement of hydrophobic forces on cell surfaces using AFMDavid Alsteens
Unite de Chimie des Interfaces, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud 2 18, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Langmuir 23:11977-9. 2007..Then, we measured hydrophobic forces associated with mycolic acids on the surface of mycobacteria, supporting the notion that these hydrophobic compounds represent an important permeation barrier to drugs...
- Antibody response in pulmonary tuberculosis against recombinant 27kDa (MPT51, Rv3803c) protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosisRamalingam Bethunaickan
Department of Immunology, Tuberculosis Research Centre ICMR, Chetput, Chennai, India
Scand J Infect Dis 39:867-74. 2007..Measuring the IgG+IgA combination positivities of the CIC-bound antibodies gave a poor sensitivity of 21%, 18% and 10%, respectively. The specificity of the assay by these combinations was maintained at 94%...
- Selective intracellular accumulation of the major metabolite issued from the activation of the prodrug ethionamide in mycobacteriaXavier Hanoulle
UMR 8525 CNRS Universíté de Lille 2 Lille, F 59021, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:768-72. 2006..Activation pathways of prodrugs are generally problematic to uncover as they produce intermediates potentially difficult to characterize, to purify and that might prove unstable outside of their cellular context...
- Insights into mechanisms of induction and ligands recognition in the transcriptional repressor EthR from Mycobacterium tuberculosisFrédéric Frénois
CNRS UMR8525, Institut de Biologie de Lille Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP245 59019 Lille cedex, France
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 86:110-4. 2006..This observation paves the way to the design of specific drugs that could increase the sensitivity of M. tuberculosis to ethionamide...
- Structure of EthR in a ligand bound conformation reveals therapeutic perspectives against tuberculosisFrédéric Frénois
CNRS UMR8525, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP245 59019 Lille cedex, France
Mol Cell 16:301-7. 2004....
- Cloning, expression, and purification of the 27 kDa (MPT51, Rv3803c) protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosisB Ramalingam
Department of Immunology, Tuberculosis Research Centre ICMR, Mayor V R Ramanathan Road, Chetput, Chennai 600 031, India
Protein Expr Purif 36:53-60. 2004..The purified proteins were found to be immunogenic and useful for immunodiagnostic studies of tuberculosis by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), with a sensitivity of 71% and specificity of 95%...
- Unique mechanism of action of the thiourea drug isoxyl on Mycobacterium tuberculosisBenjawan Phetsuksiri
Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Immunology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1682, USA
J Biol Chem 278:53123-30. 2003..These results validate membrane-bound Delta9-desaturase, DesA3, as a new therapeutic target, and the thioureas as anti-tuberculosis drugs worthy of further development...
- Ppm1, a novel polyprenol monophosphomannose synthase from Mycobacterium tuberculosisSudagar S Gurcha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Medical School, The University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Biochem J 365:441-50. 2002..PPM synthase can also be exploited as a target for specific inhibitors of M. tuberculosis...