Affiliation: Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- [Sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma: a fibrosarcoma with a very long course]L Arnould
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon, France
Ann Pathol 20:154-7. 2000....
- SISH/CISH or qPCR as alternative techniques to FISH for determination of HER2 amplification status on breast tumors core needle biopsies: a multicenter experience based on 840 casesJocelyne Jacquemier
Institut Paoli Calmettes, Biopathology Department, 232 Bd Ste Marguerite, 13009, Marseille, France
BMC Cancer 13:351. 2013....
- Accuracy of HER2 status determination on breast core-needle biopsies (immunohistochemistry, FISH, CISH and SISH vs FISH)Laurent Arnould
Biology and Tumor Pathology Department, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon, France
Mod Pathol 25:675-82. 2012..They could also be used for quality controls and immunohistochemistry calibration...
- Trastuzumab-based treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: an antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mechanism?L Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 94:259-67. 2006..These results suggest that trastuzumab plus taxanes lead to enhanced NK cell activity, which may partially account for the synergistic activity of trastuzumab and docetaxel in breast cancer...
- Pathologic complete response to trastuzumab-based neoadjuvant therapy is related to the level of HER-2 amplificationLaurent Arnould
CLCC G F Leclerc and 1FR100, Dijon, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:6404-9. 2007..Using FISH and IHC, we analyzed the relationship between pathologic complete response to trastuzumab-based neoadjuvant therapy and level of HER-2 amplification in locally advanced breast cancer...
- [Management of ductal carcinoma in situ by the pathologist: current questions]Laurent Arnould
Service de Pathologie, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, 1 rue Professeur Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex
Ann Pathol 23:534-46. 2003..Indeed, if dealt with adequately, such lesions should almost never affect the patient's long-term survival...
- Agreement between chromogenic in situ hybridisation (CISH) and FISH in the determination of HER2 status in breast cancerL Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre GF Leclerc, 1 rue Pr Marion, 21034 Dijon Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 88:1587-91. 2003..Our results allow us to think that, in many laboratories, CISH may also be an excellent method to calibrate the IHC procedures or, as a quality control test, to check regularly that the IHC signal is in agreement with the gene status...
- [Gross tumor volume and clinical target volume in radiotherapy: generalities. Definitions and generalities in anatomic pathology]L Arnould
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, 1, rue Professeur Marion, BP 7798, 21080 Dijon, France
Cancer Radiother 5:488-95. 2001..Finally, in certain cases, the description of modifications induced by neoadjuvant therapy allows the evaluation of the treatment's efficacy...
- [Basic anatomopathological features of tumors and their extensions. Prognostic and therapeutic implications]L Arnould
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre G F Leclerc, 1, rue Professeur Marion, BP 7798, 21080 Dijon, France
Cancer Radiother 6:61s-69s. 2002..Sometimes, the description of modifications induced by neoadjuvant therapy, as chemo or radiotherapy, allows the evaluation of the efficiency of these treatments...
- Neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer has no benefits on overall survival or on the mastectomy rate in routine clinical practice. A population-based study with a median follow-up of 11 years using propensity score matchingI Le Ray
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit, EA 4184, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc CGFL, Dijon, France
Eur J Cancer 48:2300-10. 2012..Our objective was to assess the impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on OS and on the rate of mastectomy in patients with non-metastatic primary operable breast carcinoma in routine practice...
- Malignant extraovarian endometriosis: a reviewL Benoit
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique, et Cancérologique, CHU du Bocage, 2, Bd du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, BP 77908, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:6-11. 2006..Malignant transformation in extra-ovarian endometriosis is a rare but known complication. This distinct pathological entity is reviewed with a specific focus on aetiology and treatment...
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on survival in breast cancer patients in daily practice: a population-based studyT S Dabakuyo
Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Registry of Côte d Or, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon, EA 4184, France
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 22:638-47. 2013..Among these patients, 92 (37%) were matched. In this population, multivariate analyses showed that the use of NC did not independently influence RS: relative excess risk = 0.93 (0.50, 1.71). ..
- Gene expression profile and response to trastuzumab-docetaxel-based treatment in breast carcinomaF Vegran
Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, IFR Santé STIC, Dijon Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 101:1357-64. 2009..We examined the ability of microarray analyses to determine the potential markers of pathological complete response (pCR)...
- The role of surgery and treatment trends in uterine sarcomaL Benoit
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique et Cancérologique, Hopital du Bocage, CHU, Dijon, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:434-42. 2005..To report a series of uterine sarcomas treated in one institution...
- [Management of metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer: present and future]S Guiu
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, centre de lutte contre le cancer Georges François Leclerc, 1, rue Professeur Marion, 21000 Dijon, France
Bull Cancer 97:365-83. 2010..Data regarding cardiotoxicity and the use of trastuzumab under particular clinical circumstances (brain metastases, pregnancy) are also reviewed...
- Pre-operative systemic (neo-adjuvant) therapy with trastuzumab and docetaxel for HER2-overexpressing stage II or III breast cancer: results of a multicenter phase II trialB P Coudert
Oncology, Surgery, Radiology CAC GF Leclerc, Dijon, France
Ann Oncol 17:409-14. 2006..Trastuzumab-based pre-operative systemic (neo-adjuvant) therapy (PST) also appears promising, warranting further investigation...
- Impact of immunohistochemical markers, CK5/6 and E-cadherin on diagnostic agreement in non-invasive proliferative breast lesionsG MacGrogan
Department of Pathology, Institut Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Histopathology 52:689-97. 2008..To assess the impact of cytokeratin (CK) 5/6 and E-cadherin immunohistochemistry on diagnostic agreement of non-invasive proliferative breast lesions...
- Results on quality assurance of fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) technique by reference centers for HER2 status determination in metastatic breast cancer (MBC): FISH 2002 studyF Penault-Llorca
Centre Jean Perrin, Clermont Ferrand, France Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon, France Institut Curie, Paris, France Institut Bergonié, Bordeaux, France Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France CHU Dupuytren, Limoges, France Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France CLCC Francois Baclesse, Caen, France
J Clin Oncol 26:22028. 2008..All samples were tested by FISH at regional centers [results presented SABCS 2006]. The second part of the study comprised a quality assurance study of the FISH techniques...
- Concurrent lymphoma and metastatic breast carcinoma in the axillary, confounding sentinel lymph-node biopsyL Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1 rue du Pr Marion, B P 77980, Dijon Cedex 21079, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:462-3. 2004..Tumor collision lead to a mistake in the appropriate staging of the breast tumor by sentinel lymph-node biopsy. We believe that sentinel lymph-node biopsy should be avoided in cases of lymphoma...
- [Malignant tumours arising in extraovarian endometriosis: three case reports and review of the literature]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1 rue du Pr Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 129:376-80. 2004..The incidence of carcinoma arising in endometriosis is about 0.8% and 5-year survival rate of pelvic endometrioid form is about a 100% after surgery and radiotherapy...
- T-bet expression in intratumoral lymphoid structures after neoadjuvant trastuzumab plus docetaxel for HER2-overexpressing breast carcinoma predicts survivalS Ladoire
Department of Medical Oncology, Georges François Leclerc Center, Centre de Recherche Inserm 866, Faculte de Medecine, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 105:366-71. 2011..We hypothesised that the presence of such T cells in the tumour immune infiltrates following neoadjuvant chemotherapy would predict patient survival...
- [Conservative surgery in breast cancer: combination skin incision for a better cosmetic result]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 129:310-2. 2004..The skin incision have an "amphore-like" appearance. It allows an easy mammoplasty with all cancerologic securities...
- [Histological and cytopathological cancer specimens: good practice in operating room]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 128:637-41. 2003....
- [Metastatic renal cell carcinoma to the thyroid gland: report of seven cases and review of the literature]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon, France
Ann Chir 129:218-23. 2004..The aim of this study was to retrospectively report clinical manifestations, type of treatment, survival rate of thyroid metastases from renal carcinoma...
- [Ductal in situ carcinoma: is it ethical to consider the breast conserving therapy as a standard?]I Barillot
Departement de Radiotherapie, centre de lutte contre le cancer Georges François Leclerc, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, 21079 Dijon, France
Cancer Radiother 8:9-20. 2004..This review presents the arguments that permit to justify the reasoned choice of the different therapeutic options according to the clinico-pathological situations...
- Predictive factors of pathologic complete response of HER2-positive breast cancer after preoperative chemotherapy with trastuzumab: development of a specific predictor and study of its utilities using decision curve analysisClémentine Jankowski
Department of Surgical Oncology, Georges Francois Leclerc Cancer Center, Dijon, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat . 2016..We then combine clinical and pathological variables associated with pCR into a new nomogram specific to HER2-positive tumors treated by preoperative chemotherapy with trastuzumab...
- Foxp3 expression in breast cancer cells: A new predictor of response to anthracycline versus docetaxel in primary breast cancer treated with adjuvant chemotherapy in the phase III trial FNCLCC/PACS-01F Ghiringhelli
Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon, France Center Georges François Leclerc, Dijon, France INSERM, Dijon, France Institut Claudius Regaud, Toulouse, France Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Centre François Baclesse, Caen, France Centre Catherine de Sienne, Nantes, France CHRU Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France FNCLCC, Paris, France Georges François Leclerc Cancer Center, Dijon, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1026. 2011....
- [Intrathoracic localisation of desmoid tumours: a familial case of isolated desmoid tumours and current published data]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique et Cancérologique, CHU du Bocage, 2, boulevard Mal de Lattre de Tassigny, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 131:459-63. 2006..One year later, the desmoid tumor had completely disappeared. Even though wide surgical excision is an essential element in the treatment of desmoid tumors, spontaneous regression may occur in very advanced disease...
- [Evolution of therapeutic practices and survival of ovarian cancer in Bourgandi between 1982-1996: a registry-based study]L Benoit
Service de Chirurgie, Centre G F Leclerc, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Chir 129:415-21. 2004..All the patients were registered in the "Registre des Cancers Gynécologiques de Côte-d'Or-France"...
- [Non-metastatic triple-negative breast cancer in 2016: Definitions and management]H Portha
Departement de Chirurgie Oncologique, centre de lutte contre le cancer Georges François Leclerc CGFL, Unicancer, 1, rue du Professeur Marion, 21000 Dijon, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 44:492-504. 2016..A number of targeted therapies and efficiency biomarkers identification of these targeted therapies is essential to allow significant progress in optimizing systemic therapy for these tumors. ..
- Stage IV breast cancer: a population-based study about prognostic factors according to HER2 and HR statusA Bertaut
Côte d Or Breast Cancer Registry, CGFL, Dijon, France
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 24:920-8. 2015..43 (95% CI: 0.28-0.68)]. With half of the women dead before 29 months, stage IV breast cancer still has a bleak outlook. Progress should continue with new target therapies for both HR and HER2 receptors. ..
- [Standards, options and recommendations for the composition of anatomic and surgical pathology reports or cytopathology reports in oncology]L Arnould
Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon
Ann Pathol 23:79-95. 2003..The methodology is based on literature review and critical appraisal by a multidisciplinary group of experts, with feedback from specialists in cancer care delivery...
- Increase of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells in the peripheral blood of patients with metastatic carcinoma: a Phase I clinical trial using cyclophosphamide and immunotherapy to eliminate CD4+ CD25+ T lymphocytesS Audia
INSERM, UMR 866, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Hospital du Bocage, Dijon, France
Clin Exp Immunol 150:523-30. 2007..Moreover, cyclophosphamide administration may not represent an optimal therapy to eliminate Treg, which further underlines the need to identify specific agents that would selectively deplete these cells...
- Is there an immunohistochemical technique definitively valid in epidermal growth factor receptor assessment?Frederique Penault-Llorca
Centre Jean Perrin, Departement de Pathologie, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex, France
Oncol Rep 16:1173-9. 2006..No scoring system showed, to date, its accuracy, and more studies have to be conducted with an evaluation of the response to cetuximab, possibly with a correlation with FISH amplification in colorectal carcinoma...
- [HER2 gene amplification assay: is CISH an alternative to FISH?]Yves Denoux
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Francois Baclesse, 14076 Caen Cedex 5
Ann Pathol 23:617-22. 2003..We present details of this technique, which may be more familiar for the pathologists than FISH, because reading analysis is similar to that of immunohistochemical staining...
- [Brenner tumour of the vagina]Marion Gelly-Marty
Département d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre G F Leclerc, 1 rue du Professeur Marion, 21079 Dijon Cedex
Ann Pathol 27:310-2. 2007..Only five cases have been reported in the vagina. We report a sixth case and discuss the histogenesis of this tumour, as well as the differential diagnosis with the mixed tumour of the vagina...
- Progesterone enhances cytokine-stimulated nitric oxide synthase II expression and cell death in human breast cancer cellsFatima Bentrari
EPHE INSERM 517, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Lab Invest 85:624-32. 2005..Our findings help clarify the role of steroid hormones in NOSII expression as well as the effect on cell viability and may suggest novel approaches towards hormonotherapy and the treatment of cancer...
- Re: HER2 testing in the real worldAnne Vincent-Salomon
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:628; author reply 628-9. 2003
- [18F]FDG-PET predicts complete pathological response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapyAlina Berriolo-Riedinger
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1915-24. 2007..To evaluate, in breast cancer patients treated by neoadjuvant chemotherapy, the predictive value of reduction in FDG uptake with regard to complete pathological response (pCR)...
- Multicenter phase II trial of neoadjuvant therapy with trastuzumab, docetaxel, and carboplatin for human epidermal growth factor receptor-2-overexpressing stage II or III breast cancer: results of the GETN(A)-1 trialBruno P Coudert
Department of Oncology, CAC G F Leclerc and IFR 100, Dijon, France
J Clin Oncol 25:2678-84. 2007..Trastuzumab-based preoperative systemic therapy (PST; neoadjuvant therapy) also appears promising, warranting further investigation...
- Patterns of loss of heterozygosity in breast carcinoma during neoadjuvant chemotherapyClaire Oudin
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Inserm U 517, Dijon, France
Int J Oncol 30:1145-51. 2007....
- Assessment of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expression in primary colorectal carcinomas and their related metastases on tissue sections and tissue microarrayFrederic Bibeau
Department of Pathology, Centre Regional de Lutte contre le Cancer Val d Aurelle, 34298, Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Virchows Arch 449:281-7. 2006..In conclusion, EGFR expression measured in tissue sections from primary CRC and their related metastases was found to be similar and frequent, but it was significantly underestimated by the TMA technique...
- Clinical value of mitochondrial mutations in colorectal cancerAstrid Lievre
INSERM U490 Laboratoire de Toxicologie Moléculaire, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 23:3517-25. 2005....
- Breast carcinoma metastasis within granulosa cell tumor of the ovary: morphologic, immunohistologic, and molecular analyses of the two different tumor cell populationsLaurent Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre GF Leclerc, and INSERM, U 517, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon, France
Hum Pathol 33:445-8. 2002..In contrast, granulosa cell tumor areas did not show any loss of heterozygosity or instability for the microsatellites analyzed...
- Comparative analysis of molecular alterations in fibroadenomas associated or not with breast cancerNoreli Franco
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, Dijon, France
Arch Surg 138:291-5. 2003..In this study we asked whether molecular changes could discriminate fibroadenoma, which is one of the most common benign breast disease lesions associated or not with breast cancer...
- Preventing lymphedema and morbidity with an omentum flap after ilioinguinal lymph node dissectionLaurent Benoit
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique, et Cancérologique, CHU du Bocage, B P 77908, 21079, Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 12:793-9. 2005....
- [Mural nodules of anaplastic carcinoma in bilateral ovarian borderline mucinous cystadenoma: a case report]Celine Guilbeau
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre G F Leclerc, 1 rue Pr Marion, BP 77980, 21079 Dijon Cedex
Ann Pathol 23:340-4. 2003..This tumor was synchronous with a renal cell carcinoma. We give details about the classification, the differential diagnoses and prognosis of these nodules...
- [Architectural disorganization and large cells]Marie Paule Algros
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, CHU Jean Minjoz, Boulevard Fleming, 25030 Besancon
Ann Pathol 23:67-8. 2003
- Low urine osmolarity as a determinant of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicityEmmanuel Polycarpe
INSERM 517, Faculty of Medicine, Dijon, France
Int J Cancer 111:131-7. 2004..Our results show that low urine osmolarity could be a major determinant in the increase of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity and justify the widely used concurrent infusion of osmotically active substances during intravenous hydration...
- [To stimulate or to inhibit nitric oxide production in mammary tumors?]Nolwenn Gauthier
EPHE Inserm, Laboratoire d immunologie et immunothérapie des cancers, unité 517 mort cellulaire et cancer, IFR 100 et Université de Bourgogne, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21079 Dijon
Bull Cancer 91:705-12. 2004..However, researches aimed at managing tumor cells to produce NO sufficient to induce their death may be fruitful since, be tumor targeting successful, no general toxicity would be encountered...
- Chronic high-fat diet affects intestinal fat absorption and postprandial triglyceride levels in the mouseValerie Petit
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l Alimentation, 5170 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 1214 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 48:278-87. 2007..These data demonstrate that a chronic high-fat diet greatly affects intestinal physiology and body lipid use in the mouse...
- [Standards, Options and Recommendations for the management of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast (DCIS): update 2004]Bruno Cutuli
Oncologue radiothérapeute, Polyclinique de Courlancy, Reims
Bull Cancer 92:155-68. 2005..Results : Clinical guidelines have been defined for the management of diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and treatment of recurrence of DCIS. The issue of hormone replacement therapy has also been addressed in the context of DCIS...
- High inter-observer agreement in immunohistochemical evaluation of HER-2/neu expression in breast cancer: a multicentre GEFPICS studyMagali Lacroix-Triki
Department of Pathology, Institut Claudius Regaud, 20 24 rue du Pont saint Pierre, 31052 Toulouse Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 42:2946-53. 2006..82). As expected, the score 2+ group showed poor agreement (kappa=0.38). A quality assurance process showed that ring studies and adherence to national guidelines greatly improve inter-observer reproducibility...
- [EGFR expression in colorectal cancer and role in tumorigenesis]Frederique Penault-Llorca
Centre Jean Perrin, 58 rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex
Bull Cancer 92:S5-11. 2005..EGFR testing may be required before targeted treatment. An exciting endpoint might be the functional and dynamic evaluation of EGFR and downstream proteins for patients, before and during treatment...
- Pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy of breast carcinoma is associated with the disappearance of tumor-infiltrating foxp3+ regulatory T cellsSylvain Ladoire
Centre Regional de Lutte Contre le Cancer, Dijon, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:2413-20. 2008..To assess the capacity of neoadjuvant chemotherapy to affect T-cell infiltration in breast cancer, we evaluated CD3 and CD8 infiltrates, and the Foxp3 immunosuppressive T cells...