Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institut Gustave Roussy
- Targeting FGFR with dovitinib (TKI258): preclinical and clinical data in breast cancerFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, INSERM Unit U981, Paris Sud University, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:3693-702. 2013..We evaluated whether dovitinib (TKI258), an inhibitor of FGFR1, FGFR2, and FGFR3, presented antitumor activity in FGFR-amplified breast cancers...
- Molecular pathways: involvement of immune pathways in the therapeutic response and outcome in breast cancerFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:28-33. 2013..In addition, they provide evidence for the development of immunotherapies in breast cancer patients...
- Protein expression, survival and docetaxel benefit in node-positive breast cancer treated with adjuvant chemotherapy in the FNCLCC-PACS 01 randomized trialJocelyne Jacquemier
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, UMR891 Inserm, 232, bd Ste Marguerite, Marseille, 13009, France
Breast Cancer Res 13:R109. 2011..We searched for prognostic and predictive markers for docetaxel's benefit...
- Predictive biomarker discovery through the parallel integration of clinical trial and functional genomics datasetsCharles Swanton
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Genome Med 2:53. 2010....
- Prediction of the outcome of preoperative chemotherapy in breast cancer using DNA probes that provide information on both complete and incomplete responsesRene Natowicz
AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Department of Gynecology, 4 rue de la Chine, F 75020 Paris, France
BMC Bioinformatics 9:149. 2008..Multigenic predictors were designed by selecting probe sets highly ranked in their predictions and tested using several validation sets...
- Exosomes as potent cell-free peptide-based vaccine. II. Exosomes in CpG adjuvants efficiently prime naive Tc1 lymphocytes leading to tumor rejectionNathalie Chaput
Unite d immunologie, ERM0208 Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Immunol 172:2137-46. 2004..CpG adjuvants appear to be ideal adjuvants for exosome-based cancer vaccines...
- Exonic expression profiling of breast cancer and benign lesions: a retrospective analysisFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy France, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 10:381-90. 2009..We aimed to identify exons differently expressed in malignant and benign breast lesions and to generate a molecular classifier for breast-cancer diagnosis...
- 19q13-ERCC1 gene copy number increase in non--small-cell lung cancerElsa Vanhecke
INSERM U981, Villejuif, F 94805, France
Clin Lung Cancer 14:549-57. 2013..The effect of ERCC1 gene copy number (CN) variation (CNV) on ERCC1 expression and the clinical outcome of patients with NSCLC are not known...
- HER2 expression and efficacy of preoperative paclitaxel/FAC chemotherapy in breast cancerFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:183-90. 2008..We examined the correlation between HER2 expression and pathologic complete response (pCR) to paclitaxel/FAC (T/FAC) preoperative chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- Quantification of residual risk of relapse in breast cancer patients optimally treatedMaria Vittoria Dieci
INSERM Unit U981 and Breast Cancer Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Breast 22:S92-5. 2013..Moreover, to exploit at the best the potential of each of these parameters, they should be integrated into algorithms to guide treatment decisions and to select those patients who may deserve the inclusion in clinical trials. ..
- The potential of exosomes in immunotherapy of cancerNathalie Chaput
ERIT M 02 08 INSERM, Unite d immunologie, Departement de Biologie Clinique, 12, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:111-5. 2005..The first Phase I trial using DEX to immunize melanoma patients revealed the feasibility of DEX production in stage IV melanoma, their safety in long-term follow up and their bioactivity in vivo...
- Exosome-based immunotherapyNathalie Chaput
ERIT M 02 08 INSERM, Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy IGR, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805, Villejuif, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 53:234-9. 2004..This review will present the main biological features pertaining to tumor or DC-derived exosomes, will emphasize their immunostimulatory function, and will discuss their implementation in cancer immunotherapy...
- The potential of exosomes in immunotherapyNathalie Chaput
Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, ERIT M 02 08 INSERM, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:737-47. 2005....
- Outcome in breast molecular subtypes according to nodal status and surgical proceduresChafika Mazouni
Department of Breast Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Am J Surg 205:662-7. 2013..The purpose of our study was to evaluate the surgical treatment and outcome of breast cancer according to molecular subtypes...
- The genetic complexity of common cancers and the promise of personalized medicine: is there any hope?Monica Arnedos
Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France INSERM Unit U981, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France
J Pathol 232:274-82. 2014....
- [Adjuvant chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer]Laurent Taillade
Comité de pathologie thoracique, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 91:63-7. 2004..In this article, the current status of adjuvant chemotherapy is reviewed, and future prospects are discussed...
- Exosomes as potent cell-free peptide-based vaccine. I. Dendritic cell-derived exosomes transfer functional MHC class I/peptide complexes to dendritic cellsFabrice Andre
Unite d immunologie, ERM0208 Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Immunol 172:2126-36. 2004..These data imply that exosomes might be a transfer mechanism of functional MHC class I/peptide complexes to DC for efficient CTL activation in vivo...
- Chk1 as a new therapeutic target in triple-negative breast cancerLaurence Albiges
Department of Medical Oncology, Villejuif F 94800, France
Breast 23:250-8. 2014..Here, we identified Checkpoint kinase 1 (Chk1) as a potent therapeutic target in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)...
- PARP1 impact on DNA repair of platinum adducts: preclinical and clinical read-outsKen A Olaussen
INSERM U981, Institut Gustave Roussy, DHU Torino, Villejuif, France
Lung Cancer 80:216-22. 2013..We further suggest DNA repair biomarkers should be analyzed in a larger context of multiple DNA repair pathway regulation...
- CXCR4 expression in early breast cancer and risk of distant recurrenceFabrice Andre
Breast Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Radiation Therapy, Department of Pathology and Translational Research Unit UPRES EA03535, Institut Gustave Roussy, University of Paris XI, Villejuif, France
Oncologist 14:1182-8. 2009..e., liver, lung, brain, and bone)...
- Comparative genomic hybridisation array and DNA sequencing to direct treatment of metastatic breast cancer: a multicentre, prospective trial (SAFIR01/UNICANCER)Fabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France INSERM Unit U981, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Université Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:267-74. 2014..Breast cancer is characterised by genomic alterations. We did a multicentre molecular screening study to identify abnormalities in individual patients with the aim of providing targeted therapy matched to individuals' genomic alterations...
- Mitotic index and benefit of adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy in patients with early breast cancerFabrice Andre
Comite 050, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 Rue C Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 23:2996-3000. 2005..We have evaluated whether the mitotic index could predict the benefit of adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy in patients with early breast cancer who are eligible for adjuvant chemotherapy according to Saint Gallen guidelines...
- Molecular characterization of breast cancer with high-resolution oligonucleotide comparative genomic hybridization arrayFabrice Andre
Translational Research Unit, UPRES03535, Paris Sud University, Orsay, France
Clin Cancer Res 15:441-51. 2009..We used high-resolution oligonucleotide comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) arrays and matching gene expression array data to identify dysregulated genes and to classify breast cancers according to gene copy number anomalies...
- A nomogram to predict for malignant diagnosis of BI-RADS Category 4 breast lesionsChafika Mazouni
Department of Breast Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Surg Oncol 102:220-4. 2010..The purpose of this study was to develop and validate a nomogram for the prediction of individual probability of BC in patients with BI-RADS Category 4 lesions...
- Integration of host-related signatures with cancer cell-derived predictors for the optimal management of anticancer chemotherapyLaurence Zitvogel
INSERM, U1015, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 70:9538-43. 2010....
- The challenge to bring personalized cancer medicine from clinical trials into routine clinical practice: the case of the Institut Gustave RoussyMonica Arnedos
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Mol Oncol 6:204-10. 2012..Mid and long term aims are to facilitate and speed up the process of drug development as well as to implement the concept of personalized medicine...
- The anticancer immune response: indispensable for therapeutic success?Laurence Zitvogel
INSERM, U805, Villejuif, France
J Clin Invest 118:1991-2001. 2008....
- Natural history, management and pharmacokinetics of everolimus-induced-oral ulcers: insights into compliance issuesCharles Ferte
SITEP Phase 1 Unit, Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 47:2249-55. 2011..Oral ulcers is a well-recognised adverse event (AE) of mTOR inhibitors. Paradoxically, little is known about its natural history, risk factors, and basic management...
- Phase I study of everolimus plus weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with metastatic breast cancer pretreated with trastuzumabFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, University Paris XI and Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 28:5110-5. 2010....
- Fine-needle aspiration for nucleic acid-ased molecular analyses in breast cancerCatherine Uzan
Research Translational Laboratory, Histocytopathology Unit, Gustave Roussy Institute, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, France
Cancer 117:32-9. 2009..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the quality and potential use of material obtained from fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC)...
- ERCC1 isoform expression and DNA repair in non-small-cell lung cancerLuc Friboulet
INSERM Unité 981, and Département Hospitalo Universitaire Thorax Innovation, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 368:1101-10. 2013..Although several ongoing trials are evaluating the level of expression of ERCC1, no consensus has been reached regarding a method for evaluation...
- Opposing effects of toll-like receptor (TLR3) signaling in tumors can be therapeutically uncoupled to optimize the anticancer efficacy of TLR3 ligandsRosa Conforti
Institut Gustave Roussy, U848, 94805 Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 70:490-500. 2010..Optimizing the anticancer effects of TLR3 agonists may require manipulating these chemokines or their receptors...
- Chemotherapy-induced antitumor immunity requires formyl peptide receptor 1Erika Vacchelli
Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France INSERM, U1138, Paris, France Equipe 11 labellisée par la Ligue Nationale contre le Cancer, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Science 350:972-8. 2015..Altogether, these results highlight the importance of FPR1 in chemotherapy-induced anticancer immune responses. ..
- Precision medicine for metastatic breast cancer--limitations and solutionsMonica Arnedos
Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy and Université Paris Sud, 94800 Villejuif, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 12:693-704. 2015....
- New strategies to overcome resistance to mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors in breast cancerCecile Vicier
aInstitut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U981 bDepartment of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy Institute IGR, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 25:587-93. 2013..Despite much interest, knowledge of the mechanism and molecular response to mTOR inhibitors is incomplete...
- Retinoic acid receptor alpha amplifications and retinoic acid sensitivity in breast cancersSamar Alsafadi
INSERM U981 Identification of molecular predictors and new targets for cancer treatment, Gustave Roussy Cancer Institute, Villejuif, France
Clin Breast Cancer 13:401-8. 2013..We therefore investigated whether RARA gene amplification could be associated with sensitivity to retinoic acid derivatives in breast cancers...
- Chemoprevention of lung cancerStephane Vignot
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805, Villejuif, France
Recent Results Cancer Res 166:145-65. 2005..New chemoprevention trials are planned with collaborative efforts of researchers involved in fundamental or clinical studies...
- Tissue-based predictors of germ-line BRCA1 mutations: implications for triaging of genetic testingJeannine de la Cruz
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Hum Pathol 43:1932-9. 2012....
- Molecular Characteristics of ERCC1-Negative versus ERCC1-Positive Tumors in Resected NSCLCLuc Friboulet
INSERM, U981 Institut de cancérologie Gustave Roussy IGR, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 17:5562-72. 2011..However, little is known about the molecular characteristics of ERCC1-positive and ERCC1-negative tumors...
- Implications of personalized medicine--perspective from a cancer centerThomas Tursz
Department of Medical Oncology and INSERM U981, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camilles Desmoulins, Villejuif 94805, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:177-83. 2011..These considerations highlight the need for developing a consortium of comprehensive cancer centers to run clinical trials in rare, molecularly-defined populations, and implement high-throughput technologies for daily practice...
- Decision-making from multidisciplinary team meetings to the bedside: factors influencing the recruitment of breast cancer patients into clinical trialsChafika Mazouni
Breast Cancer Group, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Electronic address
Breast 23:170-4. 2014....
- Everolimus for women with trastuzumab-resistant, HER2-positive, advanced breast cancer (BOLERO-3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trialFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, INSERM Unit U981, Universite Paris Sud, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 15:580-91. 2014..We aimed to assess whether the addition of the mTOR inhibitor everolimus to trastuzumab might restore sensitivity to trastuzumab...
- Phase IIa trial of trastuzumab emtansine with pertuzumab for patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive, locally advanced, or metastatic breast cancerKathy D Miller
Kathy D Miller, Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis, IN Reshma L Mahtani, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL Kathy S Albain, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL Liang Fang, Glenn Michelson, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA Howard A Burris, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, TN Véronique Diéras, Institut Curie, Paris Fabrice Andre, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Nadia Harbeck, Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer, University of Cologne, Cologne Nadia Harbeck, Breast Cancer University of Munich, Germany Luca Gianni, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan Diana Crivellari, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Aviano, Italy Sanne L de Haas, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 32:1437-44. 2014..Our phase IIa study characterized the safety and efficacy of two human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -targeted agents, trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) and pertuzumab, in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor inhibitors as a cancer treatment: from a biologic rationale to medical perspectivesMaria Vittoria Dieci
Breast Cancer Unit, INSERM Unit U981, Gustave Roussy Institute, Villejuif, France
Cancer Discov 3:264-79. 2013..Efforts are being pursued to develop selective approaches for use against this pathway by optimizing the management of emerging, class-specific toxicity profiles and correctly designing clinical trials to address these different issues...
- Next-generation sequencing reveals high concordance of recurrent somatic alterations between primary tumor and metastases from patients with non-small-cell lung cancerStephane Vignot
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U981, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 31:2167-72. 2013..We undertook this study to compare genomic alterations identified in archived primary tumors from patients with NSCLC with those identified in metachronous or synchronous metastases...
- Differential immunohistochemical and biological profile of squamous cell carcinoma of the breastJulien Grenier
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif
Anticancer Res 27:547-55. 2007..Pure or metaplastic squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the breast is a rare entity with an unclear pathogeny and aggressive clinical behaviour. An attempt was made to characterize its differential immunohistochemical and biological profile...
- Characteristics, treatment, and outcome of breast cancers diagnosed in BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutation carriers in intensive screening programs including magnetic resonance imagingElisabeth Chereau
Department of Surgery, Breast Cancer Group, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Breast Cancer 10:113-8. 2010..We evaluated the characteristics, treatments, and prognostic features of breast cancers diagnosed among BRCA1/2 mutation carriers either inside or outside screening programs that included MRI...
- Microtubule-associated protein-tau is a bifunctional predictor of endocrine sensitivity and chemotherapy resistance in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit and Translational Research Unit, UPRES03535, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:2061-7. 2007..A molecular marker may be prognostic of outcome or predictive of response to therapy, or a combination of both...
- Resistance to HER2 inhibitors: is addition better than substitution? Rationale for the hypothetical concept of drug sedimentationMario Campone
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Rene Gauducheau, Boulevard Jacques Monod, Nantes Saint Herblain, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 78:195-205. 2011....
- Activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome in dendritic cells induces IL-1beta-dependent adaptive immunity against tumorsFrancois Ghiringhelli
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U805, Villejuif, France
Nat Med 15:1170-8. 2009..These results indicate that the NLRP3 inflammasome links the innate and adaptive immune responses against dying tumor cells...
- Impact of bioinformatic procedures in the development and translation of high-throughput molecular classifiers in oncologyCharles Ferte
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:4315-25. 2013..It provides a roadmap for the translation of such classifiers to clinical practice and makes key recommendations for good practice...
- Ki67--no evidence for its use in node-positive breast cancerFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy Institute, 114 rue E Vaillant, 94800 Villejuif, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 12:296-301. 2015..Overall, evidence does not support withholding adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with ER-positive, Ki67-low breast cancer and 1-3 positive nodes without risk in daily practice. ..
- Personalized treatments of cancer patients: a reality in daily practice, a costly dream or a shared vision of the future from the oncology community?Monica Arnedos
Department of Medicine, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France INSERM Unit U981, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer Treat Rev 40:1192-8. 2014....
- Issues in clinical research for metastatic breast cancerSemih Dogan
aINSERM Unit U981, Universite Paris Sud, Gustave Roussy bDepartment of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 25:625-9. 2013..These changes are impacting the conduct and design of clinical trials. This review describes the changing landscape of clinical research in metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- From the antigen-presenting cell to the antigen-presenting vesicle: the exosomesNoël Emile Célestin Schartz
ERIT M 02 08 INSERM, Department of Clinical Biology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Mol Ther 4:372-81. 2002..The hypotheses accounting for exosome biogenesis will be outlined. Finally, we will describe their bioactivities and discuss their potential relevance and clinical implementation for cancer immunotherapy...
- Detection of circulating tumor cells harboring a unique ALK rearrangement in ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancerEmma Pailler
Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 31:2273-81. 2013..We evaluated whether ALK rearrangement diagnosis could be performed by using circulating tumor cells (CTCs)...
- Breast-conserving surgery after neoadjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy for large breast tumorsRoman Rouzier
Department of Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer 101:918-25. 2004..The aim of the current study was to determine the predicting factors and the survival impact of breast conservation in patients with large breast tumors treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Implication of tumor microenvironment in the resistance to chemotherapy in breast cancer patientsFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, France
Curr Opin Oncol 22:547-51. 2010..This review will summarize recent advances concerning the implication of tumor microenvironment in the response to chemotherapy...
- Molecular circuits of solid tumors: prognostic and predictive tools for bedside useCharles Ferte
INSERM U981, Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, 114 rue Edouard Vaillant, 94805 Villejuif, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 7:367-80. 2010..The advent of high-throughput strategies will also probably substitute monobiomarker strategies...
- Biomarker discovery, development, and implementation in France: a report from the French National Cancer Institute and cooperative groupsFabrice Andre
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, France
Clin Cancer Res 18:1555-60. 2012..The programs are being run by cooperative groups...
- [Use of guidelines and heterogeneity of decision making for adjuvant chemotherapy in hormone-receptor positive, HER2-negative, early breast cancer: results of a French national survey]Mahmoud Fekih
Institut Gustave Roussy, Comité de Pathologie Mammaire, 114, rue Edouard Vaillant, 94800 Villejuif, France
Bull Cancer 101:918-24. 2014..These guidelines were regional for 63 %, national for 36 %, local in 21 % and international in 16 % of the cases. The level of certainty varied with clinical cases but not with the physician's specialty, nor type of decision...
- The horizon of precision medicine in breast cancer: fragmentation, alliance, or reunification?Fabrice Andre
From the Department of Medical Oncology and INSERM Unit U981, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 34:e5-e10. 2014..Challenges and perspective in the field of precision medicine will include the prediction of resistance, the integration of immunology, and DNA repair in the genomic algorithms and the transfer of concepts to early-stage breast cancers. ..
- Personalized medicine in oncology: where have we come from and where are we going?Fabrice Andre
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Pharmacogenomics 14:931-9. 2013..Proposed solutions point out the use of liquid biopsies and systems biology approaches, for an easier implementation of personalized medicine at the bedside...
- Breast cancer with synchronous metastases: trends in survival during a 14-year periodFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Comite 050, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 Rue C Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 22:3302-8. 2004..This study sought to determine whether survival has improved over time for breast cancer patients who had metastases at diagnosis...
- The interaction between HMGB1 and TLR4 dictates the outcome of anticancer chemotherapy and radiotherapyLionel Apetoh
Institut Gustave Roussy IGR, Villejuif, France
Immunol Rev 220:47-59. 2007..This knowledge may be clinically exploited to predict the immunogenicity and hence the efficacy of chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Dendritic cell-derived exosomes promote natural killer cell activation and proliferation: a role for NKG2D ligands and IL-15RalphaSophie Viaud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 805, Villejuif, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4942. 2009..Altogether, these data provide a mechanistic explanation on how Dex may stimulate non MHC restricted-anti-tumor effectors and induce tumor regression in vivo...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and autophagy induction in breast carcinoma promote escape from T-cell-mediated lysisIntissar Akalay
Unité INSERM U753, Institut de Cancerologie Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer Res 73:2418-27. 2013..Furthermore, they reveal EMT and autophagy as conceptual realms for immunotherapeutic strategies to block immune escape...
- Triple-negative breast cancer: are we making headway at least?Monica Arnedos
Breast Unit, Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ther Adv Med Oncol 4:195-210. 2012....
- Cancer cell-autonomous contribution of type I interferon signaling to the efficacy of chemotherapyAntonella Sistigu
1 Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, France 2 INSERM, U1015, Villejuif, France 3 Université Paris Saclay, Faculte de Medecine, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France 4 Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Nat Med 20:1301-9. 2014..Our data suggest that anthracycline-mediated immune responses mimic those induced by viral pathogens. We surmise that such 'viral mimicry' constitutes a hallmark of successful chemotherapy. ..
- Disease management patterns for postmenopausal women in Europe with hormone-receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative advanced breast cancerFabrice Andre
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Med Res Opin 30:1007-16. 2014..This study evaluated actual physician-reported treatments for advanced BC in Europe...
- [Supervision after breast cancer treatment]Shanna Rajpar
Institut Gustave Roussy, unité de recherche UPRES EA 3535, service de pharmacologie et nouveaux traitements des cancers, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Rev Prat 63:1415-8. 2013..The socio-economic consequences for these patients need to be evaluated and cardiovascular toxicities of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy are probably underestimated...