Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- [Supervision of low-grade gliomas with multiparametric MR imaging: research of radiologic indicators of malignancy transformation]L Guilloton
Service de Neurologie, HIA Desgenettes, 108, boulevard Pinel, 69275 Lyon cedex 03, France
Neurochirurgie 54:517-28. 2008..This work should be continued with new examinations every six months and inclusion of new patients...
- The endoscopic endonasal approach to the Meckel's cave tumors: surgical technique and indicationsEmmanuel Jouanneau
Department of Neurosurgery A, Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France INSERM, U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro Oncology an Neuro Inflammation Team, Lyon, France Electronic address
World Neurosurg 82:S155-61. 2014..Through our experience, we describe the modus operandi and discuss what should be the appropriate indication of the use of the endonasal endoscopic approach for Meckel's cave disease in the armamentarium of the skull base surgeon. ..
- [Corticotroph microadenomas of the pituitary stalk. Diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties]E Jouanneau
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon
Neurochirurgie 48:215-22. 2002..The transnasosphenoidal approach with extension to the sphenoidal planum and opening of the optochiasmatic cisterna appears to be the best alternative for surgical removal of these adenomas...
- [Dendritic cells and gliomas: a hope in immunotherapy?]E Jouanneau
Service de Neurochirurgie Pr M Sindou et Pr G Perrin, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03
Neurochirurgie 52:555-70. 2006..It seems however logical that immunotherapy with dendritic cells could prevent or delay tumor recurrence in patients with minor active disease. A review on glioma and dendritic cells is presented...
- Angiogenesis and gliomas: current issues and development of surrogate markersEmmanuel Jouanneau
Neurosurgical Department, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Neurosurgery 62:31-50; discussion 50-2. 2008..This article summarizes the mechanisms of the angiogenic switch based on tumor grade and subtype, reviews completed and ongoing clinical trials, and details the present and the future of surrogate markers for angiogenesis in gliomas...
- A new prognostic clinicopathological classification of pituitary adenomas: a multicentric case-control study of 410 patients with 8 years post-operative follow-upJacqueline Trouillas
Universite Lyon 1, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Acta Neuropathol 126:123-35. 2013....
- Predicting visual outcome after treatment of pituitary adenomas with optical coherence tomographyMaud Jacob
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Am J Ophthalmol 147:64-70.e2. 2009..To evaluate if optical coherence tomography (OCT), by providing an objective measure of the retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness, offers a reliable prediction of visual outcome...
- New targeted therapies in pituitary carcinoma resistant to temozolomideEmmanuel Jouanneau
INSERM, U1028 CNRS, UMR5292 Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro oncology and Neuro inflammation Team, 69000, Lyon, France
Pituitary 15:37-43. 2012..More clinical cases, with mTOR signalling expression analysis of the tumor, must be published before any conclusions can be drawn...
- Evidence of improved surgical outcome following endoscopy for nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma removalMahmoud Messerer
Département de Neurochirurgie A, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron, France
Neurosurg Focus 30:E11. 2011..The authors' aim in this study was to compare the clinical results and morbidity between microscopic and endoscopic techniques in 164 patients with NFPAs...
- Occam's razor in minimally invasive pituitary surgery: tailoring the endoscopic endonasal uninostril trans-sphenoidal approach to sella turcicaMoncef Berhouma
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Bron, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 154:2257-65. 2012..The aim of this study is to provide a stepwise description of one of these variants in a minimally invasive/maximally efficient perspective...
- Pituitary surgery: legacies from the pastJulie Dubourg
INSERM, CIC201, EPICIME, Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69000 Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:2397-402. 2011..This journey into the past will demonstrate that our current knowledge is the summation of a long road of investigation...
- Management of endocrine disease: clinicopathological classification and molecular markers of pituitary tumours for personalized therapeutic strategiesGerald Raverot
INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro oncology and Neuro inflammation Team, Lyon F 69372, France
Eur J Endocrinol 170:R121-32. 2014..Our improved classification of these tumours should now allow the identification of prognosis markers and help the clinician to propose personalised therapies to selected patients presenting tumours with a high risk of recurrence. ..
- Percutaneous biopsy of lesions in the cavernous sinus region through the foramen ovale: diagnostic accuracy and limits in 50 patientsMahmoud Messerer
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, Universite Lyon 1, France
J Neurosurg 116:390-8. 2012..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of percutaneous biopsy in a consecutive series of 50 patients referred for surgery between 1991 and 2010...
- Performance of the 4-mg intravenous dexamethasone suppression test in differentiating Cushing disease from pseudo-Cushing syndromeMigueline Nouvel
Fédération d Endocrinologie, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69500 Bron, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 77:30-6. 2016..Discriminating Cushing disease (CD) from pseudo-Cushing syndrome (PCS) is a challenging task that may be overcome with the 4-mg intravenous (IV) dexamethasone suppression test (DST)...
- Correlation between pre- or postoperative MRI findings and cerebellar sequelae in patients with medulloblastomasAlexandru Szathmari
Pediatric Neurosurgical Department, Neurological and Neurosurgical Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, Lyon, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:1310-6. 2010..Immediate and delayed cerebellar dysfunction may be expected after surgical resection of a medulloblastoma. We investigated whether pre-operative and delayed post-operative MRI may correlate with such sequelae...
- Which Routes for Petroclival Tumors? A Comparison Between the Anterior Expanded Endoscopic Endonasal Approach and Lateral or Posterior RoutesTimothée Jacquesson
Skull Base Multidisciplinary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon Cedex, France Department of Anatomy, University of Lyon, Lyon, France Electronic address
World Neurosurg 83:929-36. 2015..More recently, the endoscopic endonasal approach has been "expanded" (i.e., EEEA) to the petroclival region. We aimed to compare these 3 approaches to help in the surgical management of petroclival tumors...
- Expression of estrogen receptor alpha is associated with prolactin pituitary tumor prognosis and supports the sex-related difference in tumor growthEtienne Delgrange
Université de Lyon 169372 Lyon, FranceService d EndocrinologieCHU Dinant Godinne UCL Namur, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 5530 Mont sur Meuse, Namur, BelgiumCentre de Neurosciences de LyonINSERM S1028 CNRS UMR 5292, 69372 Lyon, FranceCentre de Recherche en Cancérologie de LyonINSERM U1052 CNRS UMR 5286, 69008 Lyon, FranceService de NeurochirurgieCHU de Tours, et Université François Rabelais, Tours, FranceCentre de Pathologie EstService de NeurochirurgieFédération d EndocrinologieGroupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Eur J Endocrinol 172:791-801. 2015..A sex difference in the progression of prolactin (PRL) tumors has been disputed for years...
- Pituitary carcinomas and aggressive pituitary tumours: merits and pitfalls of temozolomide treatmentGerald Raverot
INSERM, U1028, Faculté de médecine Lyon Est, Universite de Lyon, Lyon1, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:769-75. 2012....
- Role of exclusive chemotherapy as first line treatment in oligodendrogliomaMarie Pierre Sunyach
Radiotherapy and Neuro Oncology Unit, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Neurooncol 85:319-28. 2007..Although chemosensitive, these tumors are not chemocurable. We investigated whether chemotherapy delays the need for radiation therapy (RT) without decreasing length and quality of survival...
- Integrated genomic profiling identifies loss of chromosome 11p impacting transcriptomic activity in aggressive pituitary PRL tumorsAnne Wierinckx
INSERM, U842, Lyon, France
Brain Pathol 21:533-43. 2011..Our combined genomic and transcriptomic analysis underlines the importance of chromosome allelic loss in determining the aggressiveness and malignancy of tumors...
- Clinical, hormonal and molecular characterization of pituitary ACTH adenomas without (silent corticotroph adenomas) and with Cushing's diseaseGerald Raverot
INSERM, U842, Lyon F 69372 France
Eur J Endocrinol 163:35-43. 2010..We characterized SCAs based on clinical, hormonal and molecular data, and compared the characteristics of these tumours with those of macro (MCA)- and micro (mCA)-ACTH adenomas with Cushing's disease...
- [Diffusion and perfusion MR imaging in cerebral lymphomas]F Cotton
Service de Radiologie et IRM, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex
J Neuroradiol 33:220-8. 2006....
- Neurosurgery and the intracranial venous systemM Sindou
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital Neurologique, University of Lyon, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir Suppl 94:167-75. 2005....
- [Endoscopy versus microsurgery: results in a consecutive series of nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas]S Kassis
Service de Neurochirurgie A, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69677 Bron Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 55:607-15. 2009..5% for the microsurgical group (p=0.075). Morbidity was similar in the two groups. This retrospective series showed that endoscopic surgery compared to microsurgery increases the quality of NFPA removal with similar morbidity...
- [Technical aspects and surgical strategy for removal of corticotroph pituitary adenoma]G Perrin
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, BP Lyon Montchat, 69394 Lyon Cedex 3, France
Neurochirurgie 48:186-214. 2002....
- Clinicopathological prognostic and theranostic markers in pituitary tumorsAlexandre Vasiljevic
INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Neuro oncology and Neuroinflammation team, Lyon, Neuroscience Research Center, Lyon, France
Minerva Endocrinol 41:377-89. 2016..Analysis of theranostic factors such as O6-methylguanine-DNA methyl-transferase or somatostatin receptor expression may guide the choice of postoperative treatment. ..
- Differential Effects of PI3K and Dual PI3K/mTOR Inhibition in Rat Prolactin-Secreting Pituitary TumorsMarie Chanal
INSERM U1052, CNRS UMR5286, Cancer Research Center of Lyon, Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Mol Cancer Ther 15:1261-70. 2016..Altogether, these results show a potential for PI3K inhibitors in the management of aggressive pituitary tumors. Mol Cancer Ther; 15(6); 1261-70. ©2016 AACR. ..
- The 360 photography: a new anatomical insight of the sphenoid bone. Interest for anatomy teaching and skull base surgeryTimothée Jacquesson
Skull Base Multi disciplinary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery B, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 59 Bd Pinel, 69677, Lyon Cedex, France
Surg Radiol Anat . 2016..This new technological tool may further apply for surgical planning and mostly for strengthening a basic anatomical knowledge firstly introduced...
- Anatomic comparison of anterior petrosectomy versus the expanded endoscopic endonasal approach: interest in petroclival tumors surgeryTimothée Jacquesson
Skull Base Multi disciplinary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery B, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 59 Bd Pinel, 69677, Lyon Cedex, France
Surg Radiol Anat 37:1199-207. 2015..Herein, we present an anatomic comparison of AP versus EEEA. We aim to describe the limits of these both approaches helping the choice of the optimal surgical route for petroclival tumors...
- A prognostic clinicopathologic classification of pituitary endocrine tumorsGerald Raverot
INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro oncology and Neuro inflammation Team, Lyon F 69372, France University of Lyon 1, Lyon F 69372, France Department of Endocrinology, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 59 Boulevard Pinel, Bron F 69677, France
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 44:11-8. 2015..This classification aids the identification of patients presenting with pituitary tumors that have a high risk of recurrence and enable construction of personalized therapies. ..
- Evidence of time-dependent prognostic factors predicting early death but not long-term outcome in primary CNS lymphoma: a study of 91 patientsHerve Ghesquieres
Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, Department of Hematology, Lyon, France
Hematol Oncol 31:57-64. 2013..New prognostic factors predicting long-term outcome remain to be determined...
- Temozolomide treatment in aggressive pituitary tumors and pituitary carcinomas: a French multicenter experienceGerald Raverot
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 842, Universite de Lyon, Faculté de médecine Lyon Est, Lyon, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4592-9. 2010..Increased expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltranferase (MGMT) has been suggested to predict resistance to temozolomide...
- Dendritic cells are essential for priming but inefficient for boosting antitumour immune response in an orthotopic murine glioma modelE Jouanneau
Neurosurgery Department, Neurological and Neurosurgical Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:254-67. 2006..These experimental data may be of importance for the design of clinical trials that currently use multiple DC injections...
- Utility of post-therapy brain surveillance imaging in the detection of primary central nervous system lymphoma relapseGaelle Fossard
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Hematology, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 72:12-19. 2016..The goal of this study is to determine the utility of planned brain surveillance imaging in the detection of relapse in a retrospective cohort of PCNSL patients...
- Experience of multidisciplinary team meetings in vestibular schwannoma: a preliminary reportClémentine Daveau
Department of Otology and Otoneurotology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Universite de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69495, Pierre Benite, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 272:3187-92. 2015..Future studies in MTMs are warranted to evaluate the benefit and evaluated if MTM could optimize long-term follow-up, limiting loss to follow-up in the observation of vestibular schwannomas that may be evolutive...
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy Revealing Cushing Disease: A Case Report and Literature ReviewLucien Marchand
From the Department of Endocrinology, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron, France LM, BS, ML, GR Department of Radiotherapy, centre hospitalier de Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France VF Department of Cardiology, Tonkin clinic, Villeurbanne, France JD Department of Neurosurgery, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron, France EJ and INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro oncology and Neuro inflammation Team, Lyon, France EJ, GR
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e2011. 2015..This is the first case reporting a Cushing's syndrome DCM without improvement of LVEF despite normalization of serum cortisol levels. ..
- Pathogenesis of Delayed Tension Intraventricular Pneumocephalus in Shunted Patient: Possible Role of Nocturnal Positive Pressure VentilationSidi Salem-Memou
Department of Neurosurgery B, Pierre Wertheimer Neurological and Neurosurgical Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
World Neurosurg 85:365.e17-20. 2016..It can occur several months or years after shunting. Its pathogenesis is unclear. We herein discuss the underlying mechanisms and particularly the possible role of positive pressure ventilation...
- Total removal of a trigeminal schwannoma via the expanded endoscopic endonasal approach. Technical noteTimothée Jacquesson
Multidisciplinary Skull Base Unit, Department of Neurosurgery B, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 59 Bd Pinel, 69677, Lyon Cedex, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 157:935-8; discussion 938. 2015..Recently, the endoscopic endonasal approach commonly used for pituitary tumor resection has been "expanded" to the parasellar, infratemporal and orbital compartments with some advantages compared to the intracranial route...
- CSF neopterin level as a diagnostic marker in primary central nervous system lymphomaAurélien Viaccoz
Neuro Oncology Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique, Bron, France A V, F D, L T M, S C C, J H INSERM U1028 CNRS UMR 5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Lyon, France A V, F D, Y T, G K B, L T M, D M, I Q, J H, A P L Université de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France A V, F D, L T M, J H Neurochemistry Unit, Biochemistry Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique, Bron, France Y T, I Q, A P L Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Germany
Neuro Oncol 17:1497-503. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the diagnostic value of CSF neopterin, a marker of neuroinflammation, in immunocompetent patients with suspected PCNSL...
- The fully endoscopic supraorbital trans-eyebrow keyhole approach to the anterior and middle skull baseMoncef Berhouma
Skull Base Surgery Unit, Department of Neurosurgery A, Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:1949-54. 2011..It combines an enhanced visualization provided by the endoscope and the absence of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks and nasal complications...
- How I do it: the endoscopic endonasal optic nerve and orbital apex decompressionTimothée Jacquesson
Skull Base Surgery Unit Department of Neurosurgery B, Pierre Wertheimer Neurological and Neurosurgical Hospital Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 156:1891-6. 2014..The orbital compartment is among the locations easily reached through the nostril. This anteromedial approach has been described primarily for inflammatory or traumatic diseases, with few data for tumoral diseases...
- 18F-FDG PET/CT findings in a patient with isolated intracranial Rosai-Dorfman diseaseEmmanuel Deshayes
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Clin Nucl Med 38:e50-2. 2013..Stereotaxic hypothalamic lesion biopsy showed histiocytic proliferation positive for S100 protein and CD68, but negative for CD1a, typical for RDD. ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT 4 months later demonstrated increased hypothalamic metabolic activity...
- Recovery of third nerve palsy after endovascular treatment of posterior communicating artery aneurysmsSebouh Z Kassis
Department of Neurosurgery, P Wertheimer Neurological Hospital, Pinel, Lyon, France
World Neurosurg 73:11-6; discussion e2. 2010..Choosing clipping or coiling as treatment modality nowadays is still a matter of debate. We report the ophthalmologic outcome of 20 consecutive patients treated by coiling of TNP-inducing PcomA aneurysms...
- Conformal irradiation for pure and mixed oligodendroglioma: the experience of Centre Leon Berard LyonM P Sunyach
Department of Radiotherapy, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:296-303. 2003..To assess whether conformal radiotherapy (CRT) after incomplete surgery or biopsy for pure oligodendrogliomas and mixed gliomas results in decreased long-term sequelae without impairing local control and while reducing irradiated volume...
- Syk kinase is phosphorylated in specific areas of the developing nervous systemEric Hatterer
INSERM U1028, CNRS UMR5292, Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Neuro oncology and Neuro inflammation Team, University of Lyon 1, Lyon F 69000, France
Neurosci Res 70:172-82. 2011..Therefore, Syk appears to be a serious candidate in connecting immunoreceptors to downstream adaptor/effector molecules in neurons...
- Very late frontal relapse of medulloblastoma mimicking a meningioma in an adult: usefulness of 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy and diffusion-perfusion magnetic resonance imaging for preoperative diagnosis: case reportEmmanuel Jouanneau
Neurosurgical Department, Neurological Hospital, University Claude Bernard Lyon, Lyon, France
Neurosurgery 58:E789; discussion E789. 2006..We present a rare case of very long-term medulloblastoma relapse in an adult patient and discuss the pattern of recurrence and metabolic imaging of the tumor...
- Secondary deterioration of visual field during cabergoline treatment for macroprolactinomaGerald Raverot
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Fédération d endocrinologie du pôle Est, Lyon, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:588-92. 2009....
- Polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecules expressed in human pituitary tumors and related to extrasellar invasionJacqueline Trouillas
Laboratoire d Histologie et d Embryologie moléculaires et Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Médicale U433, Faculté de Médecine Lyon RTH Laënnec, Lyon, France
J Neurosurg 98:1084-93. 2003..Because polysialylation has been implicated in the regulation of cell growth and migration, polysialylated NCAM expression has been considered as a prognostic marker in such tumors...
- [Should silent corticotroph-cell adenoma be classified as a non-functional pituitary adenoma?]E Jouanneau
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Neurochirurgie 47:128-32. 2001..We suggest that non-functional pituitary adenomas should be considered separately, according to the histological type. This classification is essential for improving knowledge and specifying indications for radiotherapy...
- Summary version of the Standards, Options and Recommendations for the management of adult patients with intracranial glioma (2002)D Frappaz
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 89:S73-83. 2003
- [Nelson's syndrome: course of aggressive pituitary corticotroph adenoma]C Mounier
Service de médecine interne endocrinologie diabétologie, Hopital d Instruction des Armees Desgenettes, 108, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon cedex, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:28-33. 2007....
- [Evacuation of chronic subdural hematomas with the Twist-Drill technique: Results of a randomized prospective study comparing 48-h and 96-h drainage duration]I Ibrahim
Service de Neurochirurgie A, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, Universite Claude Bernard, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
Neurochirurgie 56:23-7. 2010..The Twist-Drill technique with closed-system drainage is becoming more widely used, but the influence of drainage duration on outcome has not been studied yet and therefore is still being debated...
- High and low grade oligodendrogliomas (ODG): correlation of amino-acid and glucose uptakes using PET and histological classificationsF Giammarile
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Neurooncol 68:263-74. 2004..The preferential protein metabolism, already noticeable for low-grade tumor, correlated with glucose metabolism and helped to separate, in vivo, high and low grade tumors...
- Lack of evidence of osteo-medullary metastases at diagnosis in patients with high grade gliomasD Frappaz
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
J Neurooncol 52:249-52. 2001..However, if local treatment could reach local control, metastases would probably become a major problem. Thus definitive cure of high grade glioma may require multidisciplinary approach...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder after unilateral caudate nucleus bleedingS Thobois
Service de Neurologie D, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:1027-31; discussion 1031. 2004..Behavioral, psychological and medical (serotoninergic) treatments are usually proposed but the efficacy of such therapy remains to be investigated in secondary OCD...
- [Standards, Options and Recommendations 2002 for the management of adult patients with intracranial gliomas (summary report)]Didier Frappaz
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon
Bull Cancer 90:873-86. 2003..The main objective is the development of clinical practice guidelines to improve the quality of health care and the outcome of cancer patients...
- Long-term follow-up of meningiomas of the cavernous sinus after surgical treatment aloneMarc Sindou
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, University Claude Bernard of Lyon, France
J Neurosurg 107:937-44. 2007..The treatment in all cases was surgery alone without adjuvant radiosurgery or radiotherapy. The aim of this study was to evaluate the percentage of patients in whom surgery alone was able to produce long-term tumor control...
- [Clinical development of anti-angiogenic agents in 2002]Thomas Bachelot
Unité Cytokines et Cancers, INSERM U453, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08
Bull Cancer 90:19-23. 2003..Further clinical trials are needed to gain clear insight into the precise role of those promising strategies for the management of solid tumours...