Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- The EANM clinical and technical guidelines for lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node localization in gynaecological cancersFrancesco Giammarile
médecine nucléaire, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon and EMR HCL UCBL, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Claude Bernard, Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 41:1463-77. 2014..The final result has been discussed by a group of distinguished experts from the EANM Oncology Committee and the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO). The document has been endorsed by the SNMMI Board. ..
- Uncommon applications of sentinel lymph node mapping: urogenital cancersF Giammarile
Nuclear Medicine Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud Biophysique, Lyon, France
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 58:161-79. 2014..This paper presents the uncommon applications of sentinel lymph node mapping in urogenital neoplasms. ..
- The EANM and SNMMI practice guideline for lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node localization in breast cancerFrancesco Giammarile
médecine nucléaire, Hospices Civils de Lyon and EA 3738, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 40:1932-47. 2013..The aim of this document is to provide general information about sentinel lymph node detection in breast cancer patients...
- Atypical femoral head osteonecrosis: a case reportFrancesco Giammarile
médecine nucléaire, CHLS, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
Clin Nucl Med 36:560-2. 2011..The final diagnosis of atypical necrosis of the femoral head, most probably secondary to corticoid therapy, was thus established...
- EANM procedure guidelines for 131I-meta-iodobenzylguanidine (131I-mIBG) therapyFrancesco Giammarile
CH Lyon Sud, EA 3738, HCL, UCBL, 165 Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1039-47. 2008....
- 18F-FLT and 18F-FDG positron emission tomography for the imaging of advanced well-differentiated gastro-entero-pancreatic endocrine tumoursFrancesco Giammarile
Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Sud Hospital, France
Nucl Med Commun 32:91-7. 2011..At present, there are no studies investigating its role in GEP. The aim of this prospective study was to assess the value of 18F-FLT-PET for the evaluation of GEP...
- EANM procedure guideline for the treatment of liver cancer and liver metastases with intra-arterial radioactive compoundsFrancesco Giammarile
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud and Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, EA 3738 Lyon, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1393-406. 2011..The purpose of this guideline is to assist the nuclear medicine physician in treating and managing patients undergoing such treatment...
- Diagnostic management of suspected metastatic thyroid carcinoma: clinical value of octreotide scintigraphy in patients with negative high-dose radioiodine scansFrancesco Giammarile
Nuclear Medicine Department, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Eur J Endocrinol 150:277-83. 2004..However, there is no consensus concerning the performance and clinical impact of this examination in such instances...
- FDG-PET/ceCT is useful to predict recurrence of Pseudomyxoma peritoneiJulien Dubreuil
Nuclear Medicine and PET Unit, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 165 Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495, Pierre Benite, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 43:1630-7. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate the correlation between preoperative FDG-PET/ceCT (qualitative and semi-quantitative assessment) and progression free survival (PFS) of patients treated for PMP...
- FDG PET/CT Findings in Abdominal Fat Necrosis After Treatment for LymphomaJulien Dubreuil
From the Departments of Nuclear Medicine, Hematology, and Histopathology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite de Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Clin Nucl Med 41:397-8. 2016..Therefore, an abdominal biopsy of the corresponding nodules was conducted with a final diagnosis of diffuse fat necrosis. ..
- New strategy for automatic tumor segmentation by adaptive thresholding on PET/CT imagesMazen Moussallem
Nuclear Medicine Unit, 1 Imaging Department, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
J Appl Clin Med Phys 13:3875. 2012..This novel segmentation technique shows high accuracy for the lesions with largest axes between 2 and 4.5 cm. However, it does not correctly evaluate smaller lesions, likely due to the partial volume effect and/or respiratory motions...
- 18F-FDG-PET/CT of peritoneal tumors: a pictorial essayJulien Dubreuil
aNuclear Medicine and PET Unit Departments of bRadiology cGeneral and Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Bénite dEquipe Mixte de Recherche 3738, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 eBiophysique Faculté Charles Mérieux Lyon, Lyon fDepartment of Nuclear Medicine, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron gLyon 1 University, Villeurbanne, France hDepartment of Nuclear Medicine, and PET CT Center, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Rovigo, Italy iDepartment of Radiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nucl Med Commun 38:1-9. 2017....
- Impact of 18F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography on treatment strategy and radiotherapy planning for stage I-II Hodgkin disease: a prospective multicenter studyPascal Pommier
Department of Radiation Oncology, Lyon University Centre Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:823-8. 2011....
- Is [18F]-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose (FDG) scintigraphy with non-dedicated positron emission tomography useful in the diagnostic management of suspected metastatic thyroid carcinoma in patients with no detectable radioiodine uptake?Francesco Giammarile
Nuclear Medicine Department, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Eur J Endocrinol 149:293-300. 2003..Positron emission tomography using [18F]-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose and a dedicated (dPET-FDG) or non-dedicated (nPET-FDG) camera has been suggested as a potential tool for the detection of tumour foci...
- Diffusion-weighted MRI and 18F-FDG-PET/CT imaging: competition or synergy as diagnostic methods to manage sarcoma of the uterus? A systematic review of the literatureJulien Dubreuil
aNuclear Medicine and PET Unit, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Bénite bEquipe Mixte de Recherche 3738, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon cNuclear Medicine Department, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon 59, Bron, France dDepartment of Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Neuroradiology, Medical Physics, Laboratory, Microbiology, and Pathology, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 38:84-90. 2017..To evaluate the diagnostic performance of fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose PET/computed tomography (F-FDG-PET/CT) and MRI with diffusion-weighted images (DWI) in uterine sarcomas (US)...
- Assessing short-term effects and costs at an early stage of innovation: the use of positron emission tomography on radiotherapy treatment decision makingRaphaël Remonnay
GATE CNRS UMR 5824, Lyon, France
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:212-20. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of PET on resource allocation (costs and savings) and on the choice of the following treatment in radiotherapy...
- Additional Benefit of F-18 FDG PET/CT in the staging and follow-up of pediatric rhabdomyosarcomaFabien Ricard
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Leon Berard, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Clin Nucl Med 36:672-7. 2011..This study aimed to evaluate F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) as an adjunct to conventional imaging (CI) in the staging and follow-up of pediatric RMS...
- Paraneoplastic syndrome demonstrated on 99mTc-HMDP bone scanSophie Lancelot
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 43:2271-2272. 2016..CT scan revealed a mediastinal mass. A biopsy of the mass demonstrated Hodgkin lymphoma with bulky disease. This paraneoplastic syndrome as the first sign of intrathoracic Hodgkin's disease is rare...
- Cat-Scratch Disease: A Pitfall for Lymphoma Evaluation by FDG-PET/CTJulien Dubreuil
From the Nuclear Medicine Department, Hematology Department, and Histopathology Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite de Lyon 1, France
Clin Nucl Med . 2016..Pathologic analyses, after biopsy and serologic examinations, led to the diagnosis of cat-scratch disease...
- Utility of 18F-FDG PET with a semi-quantitative index in the detection of sarcomatous transformation in patients with neurofibromatosis type 1Patrick Combemale
Rhône Alpes multidisciplinary Center for the treatment of Neurofibromatosis type 1, Léon Bérard Comprehensive Cancer Center, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 9:e85954. 2014..However, the criteria for malignancy, notably the SUVmax threshold, are not standardized. Therefore, the aim of the study was to evaluate a semi-quantitative index for the reproducible detection of MPNST with FDG PET...
- Chemotherapy-related gallbladder visualization in a 99mTc-HMDP SPECT/CT bone scanJuliette Bozzetto
From the Department of Nuclear Medicine Lumen, and University Claude Bernard Lyon, Lyon INSERM U1028 CNRS UMRS5292, Lyon and EA 3738, Faculté Charles Mérieux Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
Clin Nucl Med 38:829-31. 2013..The significance of this serendipitous uptake is not clearly established. This finding could be due to altered distribution induced by the chemotherapy regimen and is not the result of intrinsic gallbladder disease. ..
- Guidelines for radioiodinated MIBG scintigraphy in childrenPierre Olivier
CHU Nancy, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:B45-50. 2003..The guidelines should be taken in the context of "good practice" and any local/national rules which apply to nuclear medicine examinations...
- EANM procedure guideline for radio-immunotherapy for B-cell lymphoma with 90Y-radiolabelled ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin)Jan Tennvall
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:616-22. 2007..The Therapy, Oncology and Dosimetry Committees have worked together in order to define some EANM guidelines on the use of Zevalin, paying particular attention to the problems related to nuclear medicine...