Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- [Influenza]Christian Chidiac
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04
Rev Prat 58:445-53. 2008
- [Emerging infectious agents]C Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hospices Civils de Lyon, GHN, CIRI U1111, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France Electronic address
Transfus Clin Biol 23:253-262. 2016....
- Characteristics of patients with herpes zoster on presentation to practitioners in FranceC Chidiac
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases AIDS Reference Center, University Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
Clin Infect Dis 33:62-9. 2001..This study provides reference data on the substantial deterioration in quality of life associated with herpes zoster and PHN...
- [Atherosclerosis, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer's disease: what role for Herpesviridae?]Christian Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CISIH de Lyon, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, F69317 Lyon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:463-8. 2002..The present paper reviews arguments not only in favour but also against such hypothesis. Any formal conclusion is impossible, and more extensive studies are warranted...
- Pneumococcal vaccine in the elderly: a useful but forgotten vaccineChristian Chidiac
Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Université Claude Bernard Lyon1 INSERM U851, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, F 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:222-8. 2009..Taking into account the preventive effect of PPV23 on IPD and the threat of a pandemic flu, the increase of PPV23 vaccination coverage in elderly patients should be strongly considered...
- [Prevention and treatment of influenza]Christian Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, INSERM U851, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France
Rev Prat 58:1671-7. 2008..Hygienic rules play also a fundamental role for prevention of transmission; neglected for many decades, they have been rehabilitated by the pandemic threat...
- [Using antibiotics in case of influenza]C Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Maladies Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, INSERM, E0230, Lyon, F 69008 France
Med Mal Infect 36:181-9. 2006..Neuraminidase inhibitors may be of interest for the management of influenza infected patients, because they can decrease the risk of bacterial complications and the use of antibiotics...
- [Acute community-acquired pneumonia. A review of clinical trials]C Chidiac
Service des maladies infectieuses et tropicales et Inserm EA230, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon, France
Med Mal Infect 36:650-66. 2006..Amoxicillin 1 g tid remains the drug of choice for pneumococcal CAP...
- [Maraviroc: clinical trials results]C Chidiac
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon Cedex 04, France
Med Mal Infect 38:S17-23. 2008..For the moment indicated for the treatment-experienced patient population, maraviroc could in the future benefit to other types of patients, depending on ongoing trials results...
- Pristinamycin in the treatment of MSSA bone and joint infectionFlorent Valour
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 103 Grande Rue de la Croix Rousse, 69004 Lyon, France French Regional Reference Centre for Bone and Joint Infection, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France International Centre for Research in Infectiology, Inserm U1111, Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 71:1063-70. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate pristinamycin in the treatment of MSSA bone and joint infection (BJI)...
- Pharmacokinetic Variability of Daptomycin during Prolonged Therapy for Bone and Joint InfectionsSylvain Goutelle
Hospices Civils de Lyon, groupement hospitalier de gériatrie, Service Pharmaceutique, Lyon, France ISPB, Faculté de Pharmacie de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France UMR CNRS 5558, Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, Universite Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 60:3148-51. 2016....
- Relationship between discordant response to HAART, Tregs, immune activation and low-level viraemiaJulien Saison
Infectious and Tropical Disease Unit, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19672. 2014..Immune cellular activation, Tregs or very low-level viraemia has been alternatively suspected, but never investigated simultaneously ...
- Teicoplanin-based antimicrobial therapy in Staphylococcus aureus bone and joint infection: tolerance, efficacy and experience with subcutaneous administrationOlivier Peeters
Regional Referral Center for Bone and Joint Infection, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
BMC Infect Dis 16:622. 2016..Teicoplanin may represent an alternative to vancomycin because of its acceptable bone penetration and possible subcutaneous administration...
- Daptomycin > 6 mg/kg/day as salvage therapy in patients with complex bone and joint infection: cohort study in a regional reference centerSandrine Roux
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospices Civils de Lyon Hôpital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317, Lyon, Cedex 04, France
BMC Infect Dis 16:83. 2016..The recommended dose is 6 mg/kg/d, whereas recent data support the use of higher doses in these patients...
- Determinants of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus native bone and joint infection treatment failure: a retrospective cohort studyFlorent Valour
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Groupement Hospitalier Nord, Lyon, France
BMC Infect Dis 14:443. 2014..aureus prosthetic joint infection. We aimed to assess the determinants of native MSSA BJI outcomes...
- Low-level viremia is associated with non-B subtypes in patients infected with HIV with virological success following HAART introductionJulien Saison
Virology Laboratory, Croix Rousse Hospital, HCL, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 85:953-8. 2013..08-14.7). This association needs to be confirmed. Further study of the reservoir and the mechanisms of viral latency according to HIV-subtype will also be necessary to develop new therapeutic strategies and eradicate HIV infection...
- Clinical Presentation, Diagnosis, and Bacterial Epidemiology of Peritoneal Tuberculosis in Two University Hospitals in FranceZoé Cavalli
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Infect Dis Ther 5:193-9. 2016..The aim of the present study was to describe the clinical presentation, diagnosis, and bacterial epidemiology of pTB in France over a 10-year period...
- Antimicrobial activity against intraosteoblastic Staphylococcus aureusFlorent Valour
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France INSERM U1111, International Centre for Research in Infectiology, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:2029-36. 2015..These data provide a basis for refining the choice of antibiotics to prioritise in the management of BJI, justifying the combination of a fluoroquinolone for its intracellular activity with an anti-biofilm molecule, such as rifampin. ..
- Antimicrobial-related severe adverse events during treatment of bone and joint infection due to methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusFlorent Valour
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:746-55. 2014....
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of unboosted Atazanavir in a cohort of stable HIV-infected patientsSylvain Goutelle
Service Pharmaceutique Groupement Hospitalier de Gériatrie, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:517-23. 2013..This study also suggests that twice-daily administration of uATV may optimize drug therapy...
- Impact of anti-inflammatory drug consumption in peritonsillar abscesses: a retrospective cohort studyThomas Feasson
General Medicine Department, Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France
BMC Infect Dis 16:432. 2016..However, this observation is based on a limited number of clinical studies. Our objective was to assess the prevalence and impact of AID consumption in patients with peritonsillar abscesses...
- Vaccination against serogroup B Neisseria meningitidis: Perceptions and attitudes of parentsSandra Le Ngoc Tho
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France Department of General Medicine, Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France
Vaccine 33:3463-70. 2015..Our study aimed at evaluating parental attitudes and perceptions towards serogroup B meningococcal invasive disease vaccination...
- Vaccination coverage against hepatitis A and B viruses, Streptococcus pneumoniae, seasonal flu, and A(H1N1)2009 pandemic influenza in HIV-infected patientsFlorent Valour
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France INSERM U1111, International Center for Research in Infectiology, Lyon, France Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France Electronic address
Vaccine 32:4558-64. 2014..Few data are available regarding vaccination coverage and its determinants in this population...
- CD4+CD25+CD127- assessment as a surrogate phenotype for FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in HIV-1 infected viremic and aviremic subjectsJulien Saison
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Laboratoire d Immunologie, Lyon, F 69003, France
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 84:50-4. 2013..Therefore, the objective of the present study was to assess the correlation between frequencies of CD4+CD25+CD127- and CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ lymphocytes in viremic and matched aviremic HIV-infected patients...
- Imported pulmonary histoplasmosis in three French cavers after a trip to CubaAgathe Sénéchal
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Croix Rousse Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Travel Med 19:64-5. 2012..Diagnosis is difficult in nonendemic areas, often based on travel history and observation of epidemic in a group. We report three cases of pulmonary histoplasmosis that occurred in a group of 12 French cavers traveling to Cuba...
- Higher HIV RNA Viral Load in Recent Patients with Symptomatic Acute HIV Infection in Lyon University HospitalsIsabelle Girerd-Genessay
Infection Control and Epidemiology Unit, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0146978. 2016..This result was obtained after secondary analyses of large databases, facilitating the detection of differences. Similar finding in cohorts of more modest sample size would indicate that the effect could be more substantial...
- [Community-acquired pneumonia in adults]Christian Chidiac
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, GHN, HCL, 69137 Lyon Cedex 04
Rev Prat 61:1077-84. 2011..Respiratory quinolone, mainly levofloxacin, can be prescribed in high risk patients, or in case of a failure of a first line of treatment...
- T-cell response to superantigen restimulation during menstrual toxic shock syndromeJean Philippe Rasigade
INSERM U851, National Reference Center for Staphylococci, University of Lyon Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 62:368-71. 2011....
- Secondary pulmonary syphilis: report of a likely case and literature reviewGary David
Department of Infectious Diseases, Croix Rousse University Hospital, Lyon, France
Clin Infect Dis 42:e11-5. 2006..Only 9 reports of pulmonary involvement in secondary syphilis have been reported to date in the English-language literature. Clinicians should be aware of this atypical localization of syphilis...
- Tuberculosis of the cavum revealed by acute facial painThomas Gilbert
Service de médecine gériatrique, Groupement Hospitalier Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Pierre Benite, France
BMJ Case Rep 2015:. 2015..This case highlights the importance of systematically screening for tuberculosis in the assessment of nasopharyngeal tumours. ..
- The recent increase of syphilis cases in Lyon University hospitals Is mainly observed in HIV-infected patients: descriptive data from a laboratory-based surveillance systemMarine Giard
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:441-3. 2003
- The efficacy and safety of oral pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxycillin-clavulanate 2000/125 mg, twice daily, versus oral amoxycillin-clavulanate 1000/125 mg, three times daily, for the treatment of bacterial community-acquired pneumonia in adultsPatrick Petitpretz
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Andre Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:119-29. 2002..pneumoniae strains with high-level penicillin resistance...
- The incidence of herpes zoster is less likely than other opportunistic infections to be reduced by highly active antiretroviral therapyPhilippe Vanhems
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:111-3. 2005
- Guidelines for empiric antimicrobial prescribing in community-acquired pneumoniaThomas M File
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH, USA
Chest 125:1888-901. 2004..Prospective data are required to evaluate which of these two approaches offers clinical superiority...
- Factors associated with the time elapsed between initial detection of HIV antibodies and first contact for healthcare in HIV seroconverters of the Lyon University HospitalsLaetitia Gambotti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:319-20. 2002