Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- [Monoclonal IgM autoantibody activity vis-Ã -vis glycoconjugates of peripheral nerves: apropos of 112 cases]C Caudie
Laboratoire d'immunologie et de neuroimmunologie, Service de Biologie, , 59, boulevard Pinel, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 59:567-77. 2001..The neuropathies associated with IgM monoclonal gammopathy with autoreactive specificity form distinct syndromes. In 27.5% of cases, M-IgM had no identifiable activity autoantibodies...
- [Serum antibody profiles against gangliosides and sulfatide in peripheral neuropathies: evaluation of a new immunoassay]Christiane Caudie
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hôpitaux de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 68:675-80. 2010....
- Comparison of commercial tests for detecting multiple anti-ganglioside autoantibodies in patients with well-characterized immune-mediated peripheral neuropathiesChristiane Caudie
Hôpitaux de Lyon Laboratoire d Immunologie, Groupement Hospitalier Lyon Sud 69495 Pierre Bénite, France
Clin Lab 59:1277-87. 2013..Specific antibody profiles were compared with those obtained by our validated standard in-house immunodot assay (IDA)...
- [Screening for anti-glycolipid antibody profiles from patients with immune-mediated peripheral neuropathies by Dotzen Ganglio Profile Antibodies]C Caudie
Service d Immunologie et de Neuroimmunologie, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Fédération de biologie, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon Bron
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:149-56. 2006..It is easy to screen 10 crossreacting glycolipid antibodies to establish specific antibody profiles to define different subgroups of immune-mediated peripheral neuropathies for classification and immune management...
- [Diagnostic value of the anti-IgM SGPG Elisa (Bühlmann laboratories AG) in 147 sera with a monoclonal IgM anti-MAG/SGPG antibody-associated neuropathy]C Caudie
Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de neurobiologie, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Lyon Bron
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:369-75. 2007..98), and specificity (0.98) for detecting MAG/SGPG antibody-mediated demyelinating neuropathies. Anti-SGPG antibody titers have pratical implications for both, management and follow-up of neuropathies treated with rituximab...
- [CSF levels and diagnostic utility of cerebrospinal fluid beta2-microglobulin]C Caudie
Fédération de biologie, Service d Immunologie et Neuro Immunologie, Lyon
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 63:631-7. 2005..Elevation of CSF beta2-microglobulin ratio is a sensitive marker of central nervous system disease activity by infiltrating lymphocytes in intracranial lymphomas (10/10) and paraneoplastic neurological syndromes (2/3)...
- [Contribution of CSF analysis to diagnosis and follow-up of tuberculous meningitis]C Caudie
Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie Est, Service de neurobiologie, Lyon Bron
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 68:107-11. 2010..Improvement of the patient's conditions by tuberculosis treatment was obtained in 17 months. Cerebrospinal fluid analysis has been the basis for the diagnosis and follow-up of tuberculous meningitidis...
- [Cytoimmunological profile of cerebrospinal fluid in diagnosis of multiple sclerosis]Christiane Caudie
Fédération de biologie, service d immunologie et de neuro immunologie, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, 59 Boulevard Pinel, 69677 Lyon Bron, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:68-74. 2005..65 x 10(-2)), IgG index for intrathecal synthesis of IgG is increased in 69% (N < 0.70), sensitive detection of oligoclonal IgG restricted to CSF by isoelectric focusing is positive in 91% (86-96%) with a specificity of 96% (93-99%)...
- [Miller-Fisher syndrome associated with monoclonal IgG lambda antibodies against ganglioside GQ1b]Christiane Caudie
Service de neurobiologie, Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie Est, Hôpitaux de Lyon, Bron, pôle de neurologie, Centre de Référence des Maladies Rares Neuromusculaires, CHU de Grenoble
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 68:351-4. 2010..The serum and CSF immunological marker of MFS was a monoclonal IgG antibody targeting the ganglioside GQ1b with abundant expression on oculomotor nerves...
- [Anti-GD1b IgG positive case of overlapping Ficher's and Guillain-Barré syndromes]C Caudie
Fédération de biologie, Service d Immunologie, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 62:591-4. 2004....
- Preceding infections and anti-ganglioside antibody profiles assessed by a dot immunoassay in 306 French Guillain-Barré syndrome patientsChristiane Caudie
Service de neurobiologie, Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie Est, Hôpitaux de Lyon, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Bron, 69677 Lyon, France
J Neurol 258:1958-64. 2011..The fine specificity of the four IgG antibody profiles and the IgM anti-GM2 profile is closely related to the nature of the preceding infections and the pattern of clinical features...
- [Diagnostic value of autoantibodies to MAG by ELISA Bühlmann in 117 immune-mediated peripheral neuropathies associated with monoclonal IgM to SGPG/SGLPG]C Caudie
Fédération de biologie, Service d Immunologie et Neuro Immunologie, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon Bron
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:353-9. 2006..It is also alpha good test to appreciate clinical improvement after Rituximab treatment...
- Value of cerebrospinal fluid cytochemical examination for the diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosis at birth in FranceM Wallon
Parasitology Department, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 17:705-10. 1998..Our goal was to assess the value of cytochemical examination and to confirm whether using a portion of available CSF for this analysis is legitimate...
- [CSF: diagnosis of neurosyphilis in a patient hospitalized for an acute brain stroke]Y Tholance
Service de neurobiologie, Centre de Biologie et de Pathologie Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 66:561-5. 2008..In addition CSF and blood should be titrated with the VDRL and TPHA tests which are difficult to interpret. The diagnosis of active neuro-syphilis requires positive, non specific and specific inflammatory tests...
- Intrathecal synthesis of antibodies to human T lymphotropic virus type I and the presence of IgG oligoclonal bands in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with endemic tropical spastic paraparesisA Gessain
Laboratory of Epidemiology and Immunovirology of Tumors, Faculty of Medicine Alexis Carrel, Neurological Hospital, Lyon, France
J Infect Dis 157:1226-34. 1988..These data, in association with similar HTLV-I antibody patterns between patients with TSP who were from these three regions, strengthen the probable etiologic role of HTLV-I in the pathogenesis of such chronic neuromyelopathies...
- [Polyneuropathy involving cranial nerves associated with monoclonal IgM antibodies with anti-MAG/SGPG/SGPLG/sulfatides activity]A Drouet
Service de Neurologie, Hopital d Instruction des Armees Desgenettes, Lyon
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:760-6. 2006..We studied a patient with a neuropathy that fulfilled the diagnostic criteria for CIDP in whom IgM kappa anti-MAG/SGPG/SGLPG were detected...
- Antiganglioside antibodies in paraneoplastic peripheral neuropathiesJ C Antoine
Service de Neurologie, Hopital de Bellevue, Saint Etienne, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1765-7. 2004..There was no correlation with the pattern of the neuropathy. These results do not support the hypothesis that antiganglioside antibodies are frequent and major immunological targets in paraneoplastic neuropathies...
- [Antiganglioside autoantibody profiles in Guillain-Barré syndrome]C Caudie
service d immunologie et de neuro immunologie, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:589-97. 2002..Various autoantibody profiles with diagnostic and prognostic value are easy to perform by immunodot blot in acute peripheral neuropathies...
- Significance of phrenic nerve electrophysiological abnormalities in Guillain-Barré syndromeM C Durand
Functional Testing Department, Raymond Poincaré Teaching Hospital, Garches, France
Neurology 65:1646-9. 2005..In ventilated patients, motor loss severity, progression, and VC reduction were significantly greater, and bulbar dysfunction was more common. Predicting respiratory failure must rely on clinical features and VC...
- [Prevalence and characteristics of Guillain-Barré syndromes associated with Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus in greater Paris]V Sivadon
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:536-8. 2005..We aimed to study prevalence and features of Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus (CMV)-associated Guillain-Barré syndromes (GBS) in a French care unit...
- [Immunofixation compared to isoelectric focusing in the detection of oligoclonal bands in cerebrospinal fluid of multiple sclerosis patients]A Fromont
Service de Neurologie, CHU, Dijon
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:1183-90. 2005..The gold standard laboratory test to establish the presence of OCBs in CSF of MS patients is isoelectric focusing (IEF). However, a quicker and less expensive method has been developed: immunofixation (IF)...