Genomes and Genes
- Experimental IGF-I receptor deficiency generates a sexually dimorphic pattern of organ-specific growth deficits in mice, affecting fat tissue in particularM Holzenberger
INSERM, U 515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, France
Endocrinology 142:4469-78. 2001..Thus, IGF type I receptor deficiency produced mice with disproportionate postnatal organ growth, and these effects depended strongly on sex. A marked reduction in IGF-IR levels resulted in a major defect in adipose tissue...
- Deficiency in type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor in mice protects against oxygen-induced lung injuryKarmene Ahamed
INSERM U719, Hospital Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Respir Res 6:31. 2005..This led us to suspect that reduction of IGF-1R levels in lung tissue could prevent deleterious effects of oxygen exposure...
- IGF-1 signaling and agingMartin Holzenberger
INSERM U515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris 12, France
Exp Gerontol 39:1761-4. 2004....
- The GH/IGF-I axis and longevityMartin Holzenberger
INSERM U515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue Fbg St Antoine, 75571 Paris 12, France
Eur J Endocrinol 151:S23-7. 2004..This hypothesis can be addressed, for example, by adequately combining existing transgenic mouse models...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and IGF-II in the avian brain: relationship of in situ hybridization patterns with IGF type 1 receptor expressionM Holzenberger
INSERM Unite 515, Hopital Saint Antoine, F 75571, Paris, France
Int J Dev Neurosci 18:69-82. 2000....
- IGF-1 receptor regulates lifespan and resistance to oxidative stress in miceMartin Holzenberger
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris 12, France
Nature 421:182-7. 2003..The Igf1r(+/-) mice display greater resistance to oxidative stress, a known determinant of ageing. These results indicate that the IGF-1 receptor may be a central regulator of mammalian lifespan...
- A targeted partial invalidation of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor gene in mice causes a postnatal growth deficitM Holzenberger
U 515 INSERM, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Endocrinology 141:2557-66. 2000..The phenotype of these mice developed exclusively postnatally, and body proportions were maintained. IGF-IRneo mice constitute a new model for human postnatal growth deficiency...
- Cre-mediated germline mosaicism: a method allowing rapid generation of several alleles of a target geneM Holzenberger
INSERM U515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Fbg St Antoine, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France France
Nucleic Acids Res 28:E92. 2000....
- Brain IGF-1 receptors control mammalian growth and lifespan through a neuroendocrine mechanismLaurent Kappeler
INSERM U893, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS Biol 6:e254. 2008..Our results also suggest that tonic somatotropic signaling entails the risk of shortened lifespan...
- Hepatocyte proliferation during liver regeneration is impaired in mice with liver-specific IGF-1R knockoutChristele Desbois-Mouthon
INSERM U680, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
FASEB J 20:773-5. 2006..Using the LIGFREKO model, we provide new evidence that IGF-1R/IRS-1/ERK signaling may be the intracellular pathway controlling the cell cycle via cyclin D1 and cyclin A in the regenerating liver...
- Cre-mediated germline mosaicism: a new transgenic mouse for the selective removal of residual markers from tri-lox conditional allelesPatricia Leneuve
INSERM U515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 r Fbg St Antoine, 75571 Paris 12, France
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e21. 2003..We rigorously tested the ability of MeuCre40 to solve tri-lox problems, by using it for the in vivo removal of neo(R)- and hprt-expression cassettes from three different tri-lox mutants...
- [IGF-1 receptors in the brain control longevity in mice]Martin Holzenberger
Centre de Recherche INSERM, Bâtiment Kourilsky, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Med Sci (Paris) 25:371-6. 2009..This is important because growth hormone is sometimes proposed to elderly people as a substitutive treatment in order to compensate the negative effects of aging...
- Early postnatal nutrition determines somatotropic function in miceLaurent Kappeler
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Endocrinology 150:314-23. 2009..We suggest that, together with other hormones like leptin, IGF-I may play a role in modulating hypothalamic stimulation of the developing somatotropic function...
- c-myc-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in the absence of IGF-I receptorAxelle Cadoret
INSERM U402, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 114:668-72. 2005....
- Genotyping of Cre-lox mice and detection of tissue-specific recombination by multiplex PCRP Leneuve
, Paris, France
Biotechniques 31:1156-60, 1162. 2001..As many new conditional knockouts are spatiotemporally restricted, such assays will become increasingly useful. The proposed PCR strategy is flexible and may be adapted to the structural specificities of any target gene...
- Exploring endocrine GH pattern in mice using rank plot analysis and random blood samplesJie Xu
Inserm U938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Bâtiment Kourilsky, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, F 75012 Paris, France
J Endocrinol 208:119-29. 2011..Taken together, we showed that rank plot analysis is a useful method that allows straightforward studies of circadian endogenous GH levels in mice...
- Suppression of IGF-I signals in neural stem cells enhances neurogenesis and olfactory function during agingZayna Chaker
INSERM, Centre de Recherche UMR938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, 75012, France
Aging Cell 14:847-56. 2015..Thus, inhibiting growth and longevity gene IGF-1R in adult NSCs induced a gain-of-function phenotype during aging, marked by optimized management of cell renewal, and enhanced olfactory sensory function. ..
- Hypothalamic neurogenesis persists in the aging brain and is controlled by energy-sensing IGF-I pathwayZayna Chaker
INSERM, Centre de Recherche UMR938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Faculté de Médecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 41:64-72. 2016..Our data indicate that adult hypothalamus retains the capacity of cell renewal, and thus, a substantial degree of structural plasticity throughout lifespan. ..
- IGF type 1 receptor: a cell cycle progression factor that regulates agingJoelle Dupont
INRA, 37380 Nouzilly, Paris, France
Cell Cycle 2:270-2. 2003
- Igf-I signaling and effects on longevityMartin Holzenberger
INSERM UMR 938, Saint Antoine Hospital, and University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 68:237-45; discussion 246-9. 2011..Finally, several functional mutations of the human IGF-IR have been discovered in centenarians...
- [Ageing, genetics and the somatotropic axis]Laurent Kappeler
Inserm U 515, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Med Sci (Paris) 22:259-65. 2006..We further report recent evidence showing that human lifespan might be controlled in similar ways. Finally, we shed some light on clinical GH treatment in humans, from an endocrinologist's point of view...
- Deleting IGF-1 receptor from forebrain neurons confers neuroprotection during stroke and upregulates endocrine somatotropinC Daniel De Magalhaes Filho
INSERM Research Center UMR938, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab . 2016....
- Longevity effect of IGF-1R(+/-) mutation depends on genetic background-specific receptor activationJie Xu
INSERM, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, 75012, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC, Paris, 75005, France
Aging Cell 13:19-28. 2014..Together, these results provide a possible explanation why IGF-1R(+/-) was less efficient in extending lifespan in C57BL/6J compared with 129/SvPas. ..
- Inactivation of the IGF-I receptor gene in primary Sertoli cells highlights the autocrine effects of IGF-IP Froment
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Lyon F 69003, France
J Endocrinol 194:557-68. 2007..The described in vitro system for loss-of-function analysis of the IGF-IR can be readily transposed to study the role of other intratesticular growth factors involved in spermatogenesis...
- The role of insulin-like signalling in the regulation of ageingM Holzenberger
INSERM, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Horm Res 62:89-92. 2004..If it was, it could have implications for growth hormone therapy, which increases serum IGF-I levels...
- Blocking IGF Signaling in Adult Neurons Alleviates Alzheimer's Disease Pathology through Amyloid-β ClearanceGéraldine Gontier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Centre de Recherche UMR938, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France, Sorbonne Universités, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005 Paris, France, and
J Neurosci 35:11500-13. 2015..Neuronal IGF-1R, and possibly other cell size-controlling pathways are promising targets for AD treatment...
- Knockout of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor impairs distal lung morphogenesisRalph Epaud
Inserm UMRS 938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48071. 2012..Lethal respiratory failure in neonatal IGF-1R knockout mice suggested a particular role for this receptor in pulmonary development, and we therefore investigated the consequences of IGF-1R inactivation in lung tissue...
- IGF1R signaling acts on the anagen to catagen transition in the hair cycleMathieu Castela
INSERM UMRS_938, Saint Antoine Research Center, Paris, France
Exp Dermatol . 2017..MED1 transcription was impaired in the epidermis of K15-IGF1RKO mice. These findings suggest that IGF1R controls the hair cycle, partly through BMP-4 activation. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Regulatory T cells delay disease progression in Alzheimer-like pathologyCira Dansokho
1 INSERM, UMRS 938, CdR Saint Antoine, Laboratory Immune System, Neuroinflammation and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Hopital St Antoine, F 75012, Paris, France 2 Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMRS 938, CdR Saint Antoine, Hopital Saint Antoine, F 75012, Paris, France
Brain 139:1237-51. 2016..Our study highlights the therapeutic potential of repurposed IL-2 for innovative immunotherapy based on modulation of regulatory T cells in Alzheimer's disease...
- The intestinal epithelial insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor links glucagon-like peptide-2 action to gut barrier functionCharlotte X Dong
Departments of Physiology C X D, W Z, C S, K J R, P L B, Pediatrics T G, and Medicine P L B, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8 Canada Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine C A, and Physiology and Experimental Medicine, Research Institute T G, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto M5G 1X8, Canada Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique S R, Institut Curie, Paris, 75248 France and Inserm M H, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, 75005 France
Endocrinology 155:370-9. 2014..05) but not knockout animals. In conclusion, the effects of GLP-2 on intestinal barrier function are dependent on the IE-IGF-1R and involve modulation of key components of the tight junctional complex. ..
- IGF type 1 receptor ligand binding characteristics are altered in a subgroup of children with intrauterine growth retardationB Ducos
Laboratoire d'Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, , , and INSERM, U-515, , 75571 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5516-24. 2001..Our results suggest heterogeneous alterations in IGF-IR binding function in IUGR patients...
- [Physiology of somatotropic axis: interest of gene inactivation experiments]Yves Le Bouc
Hôpital d Enfants Armand Trousseau 75571 Paris, 26 avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter
Bull Acad Natl Med 187:1225-43; discussion 1244-7. 2003..Invalidations combining different properties--specificities according to tissue, development stage or inducibility by an exogenous product--will facilitate fine dissection of the roles of the various ubiquitous actors in the IGF system...
- Biology of insulin-like growth factors in developmentJoelle Dupont
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 6073, Nouzilly, France
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 69:257-71. 2003....
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor signaling regulates skin development and inhibits skin keratinocyte differentiationMarianna Sadagurski
Department of Pathology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 26:2675-87. 2006..In conclusion, these results reveal that IGF-1R plays an inhibitory role in the regulation of skin development and differentiation...
- Knockout of insulin and IGF-1 receptors on vascular endothelial cells protects against retinal neovascularizationTatsuya Kondo
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1835-42. 2003..These data indicate that both insulin and IGF-1 signaling in endothelium play a role in retinal neovascularization through the expression of vascular mediators, with the effect of insulin being most important in this process...
- Total insulin and IGF-I resistance in pancreatic beta cells causes overt diabetesKohjiro Ueki
Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Genet 38:583-8. 2006..We propose that therapeutic improvement of insulin and IGF-I signaling in beta cells might protect against type 2 diabetes...
- Essential role of insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor signaling in cardiac development and functionPalle G Laustsen
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1649-64. 2007....
- Conditional deletion of insulin-like growth factor-I receptor in prostate epitheliumBrent W Sutherland
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Res 68:3495-504. 2008..Collectively, these data support a critical role for IGF-IR signaling in prostate tumorigenesis and identify an important IGF-IR-dependent growth control mechanism...
- Insulin receptors in beta-cells are critical for islet compensatory growth response to insulin resistanceTerumasa Okada
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8977-82. 2007..Together these data provide direct genetic evidence that insulin/FoxO1/Pdx-1 signaling is one pathway that is crucial for islet compensatory growth response to insulin resistance...
- Major components of the insulin-like growth factor axis are expressed early in chicken embryogenesis, with IGF binding protein ( IGFBP) -5 expression subject to regulation by Sonic HedgehogGordon J Allan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, KA6 5HL, UK
Anat Embryol (Berl) 207:73-84. 2003....
- Cre-mediated recombination in the skin melanocyte lineageVeronique Delmas
Genesis 36:73-80. 2003..In conclusion, Tyr::Cre transgenic mice provide a valuable tool to follow the cell lineage and to examine gene function in melanocyte development and transformation...