- Endoscopic improvement of mucosal lesions in patients with moderate to severe ileocolonic Crohn's disease following treatment with certolizumab pegolXavier Hebuterne
CHU Nice, Inserm ERI 21, EA4319, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Gut 62:201-8. 2013..To evaluate the efficacy of certolizumab pegol (CZP) in improving endoscopic lesions in patients with active ileocolonic Crohn's disease (CD)...
- [Treatment of malnutrition: dietetic support and enteral nutrition]Xavier Hebuterne
Hôpital de l Archet 06202 Nice
Rev Prat 53:281-6. 2003..Enteral nutrition can be proposed in case of failure of dietetic support or at once in case of severe malnutrition or dysphagia. An early start and a good technique are conditions in order to improve outcome of patients...
- [Drug-induced diarrhea]Xavier Hebuterne
Service de Gastro entérologie et Nutrition Clinique, pole digestif, Hopital de l Archet 2, CHU de Nice, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06202 Nice 03, France
Rev Prat 58:1213-6. 2008..Treatment may vary depending on this classification and usually includes withdrawal of the offending drug. However, in some cases, diarrhea may resolve with continued use or through nonspecific agents, such as loperamide...
- Nutritional deficiencies in patients with Crohn's disease in remissionJerome Filippi
Fédération d Hépato Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Hopital de l Archet, Nice, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:185-91. 2006..The aim of our study was to assess food intake and the status for vitamins and trace elements in nonselected CD patients in clinical remission...
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy followed by duodenal switch in selected patients versus single-stage duodenal switch for superobesity: case-control studyAntonio Iannelli
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Transplantation Hépatique, pole digestif, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:531-8. 2013..The setting was a university hospital in France...
- Effect of age on substrate oxidation during total parenteral nutritionRima Al-Jaouni
Department of Gastroenterology, Unit of Nutrition, Archet Hospital, Nice, France
Nutrition 18:20-5. 2002..Aging is accompanied by metabolic changes that can modify substrate use. We compared substrate oxidation during cyclic total parenteral nutrition (TPN) in elderly and middle-aged patients...
- Additional colectomy after colonoscopic polypectomy for T1 colon cancer: a fine balance between oncologic benefit and operative riskEmmanuel I Benizri
Department of General Surgery and Digestive Cancerology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hopital de l Archet 2, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079, Nice Cedex 3, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:1473-8. 2012..This study aimed to assess the benefit-risk balance for patients who underwent additional surgery after endoscopic resection of a T1 carcinoma with unfavorable histology...
- Accuracies of fecal calprotectin, lactoferrin, M2-pyruvate kinase, neopterin and zonulin to predict the response to infliximab in ulcerative colitisAnne Claire Frin
Department of Gastroenterology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire L Archet, Nice, France
Dig Liver Dis . 2016..Fecal markers might predict the response to anti-TNFα in ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Body composition, anthropometrics, energy expenditure, systemic inflammation, in premenopausal women 1 year after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassAntonio Iannelli
Digestive Unit, Archet 2 Hospital, University Hospital of Nice, 06202, Nice, France
Surg Endosc 28:500-7. 2014..We aimed to determine the factors associated with the loss of ≥20 % of the initial FFM 1 year after LRYGBP in a prospective series of 115 Caucasian, premenopausal women...
- Gastric pouch resizing for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass failure in patients with a dilated pouchAntonio Iannelli
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:260-7. 2013..In the present study, we analyzed the feasibility and safety of pouch resizing for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass failure in a consecutive series of 20 patients at a university hospital...
- Effects of Saccharomyces boulardii on fecal short-chain fatty acids and microflora in patients on long-term total enteral nutritionStephane M Schneider
Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, Archet University Hospital, BP 3079, F 06202 Nice cedex 3, France
World J Gastroenterol 11:6165-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of Sb on fecal flora and short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) in patients on long-term TEN...
- Gut changes attributed to ageing: effects on intestinal microfloraXavier Hebuterne
Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Hopital de l Archet, 06202 Nice Cedex 02, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 6:49-54. 2003..This review will focus on changes in gut microflora observed in the elderly and on the potential benefit of probiotics in this population...
- Effects of age, malnutrition and refeeding on the expression and secretion of ghrelinStephane M Schneider
Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice F 06107, France
Clin Nutr 27:724-31. 2008..Anorexia is frequent in the malnourished elderly. We studied the effects of age, nutritional status and refeeding on the expression and secretion of the orexigenic peptide ghrelin...
- [Diarrhea during enteral feeding]Stephane M Schneider
Fédération d hépato gastroentérologie et de nutrition clinique, Hopital de l Archet, Nice 06
Presse Med 32:935-41. 2003..Diarrhea occurs in 2 to 70% of tube-fed patients, depending on their disease (with an increased risk in critically ill patients) and on the definition of diarrhea used...
- Malnutrition is an independent factor associated with nosocomial infectionsStephane M Schneider
Comité de Liaison Alimentation Nutrition, CHU de Nice, France
Br J Nutr 92:105-11. 2004..An early screening for malnutrition may therefore be helpful to reduce the high prevalence of NI...
- Involvement of mast cells in gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori: a potential role in epithelial cell apoptosisVeronique Hofman
INSERM ERI 21 Faculty of Medicine, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
J Clin Pathol 60:600-7. 2007..The role(s) of mast cells (MC) in gastric mucosal inflammation caused by Helicobacterpylori is (are) still debated...
- Effects of total enteral nutrition supplemented with a multi-fibre mix on faecal short-chain fatty acids and microbiotaStephane M Schneider
Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, Nice, France
Clin Nutr 25:82-90. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of a multi-fibre-enriched formula (15 g/l) and a fibre-free isoenergetic and isonitrogenous formula on faecal SCFAs and microbiota in long-term enteral nutrition (EN) patients...
- Perception of lactose intolerance in irritable bowel syndrome patientsRaffaella Dainese
Departments of aGastroenterology bPublic Health cImmunology, CHU de Nice, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France dDigestive System Research Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:1167-75. 2014..To objectively measure lactose malabsorption, a hydrogen breath test (HBT) can be performed, but a discrepancy emerges between the results of the HBT and the symptomatic response during the HBT...
- Osteopathy decreases the severity of IBS-like symptoms associated with Crohn's disease in patients in remissionThierry Piche
aDepartment of Hepato Gastroenterology and Oncology Archet 2 Hospital, CHU of Nice, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06202 Nice Cedex 03 bDepartment of Immunology and Biology, EA 6302 Immune Tolerance, Archet 1 Hospital, Univesrity of Nice Sophia Antipolis cATMAN Osteopathy Center, Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:1392-8. 2014..We aimed to evaluate the effect of osteopathy on the severity of IBS-like symptoms in quiescent CD patients...
- Subversion of autophagy in adherent invasive Escherichia coli-infected neutrophils induces inflammation and cell deathAbderrahman Chargui
Institute for Research on Cancer and Aging, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 7:e51727. 2012..Finally, treatment with an inhibitor of autophagy decreased cell death of AIEC-infected neutrophil-like PLB-985 cells. In conclusion, excessive autophagy in AIEC infection triggered cell death of neutrophils...
- Differential effect of long-term leucine supplementation on skeletal muscle and adipose tissue in old rats: an insulin signaling pathway approachGilbert Zeanandin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Age (Dordr) 34:371-87. 2012..It does not increase muscle mass but seems to promote hypertrophy and hyperplasia of adipose tissue that did not result in insulin resistance...
- Incidence of inflammatory bowel disease in Corsica from 2002 to 2003Abakar Abakar-Mahamat
pole digestif, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1098-103. 2007..The aim of this prospective epidemiological study was to determine the incidence of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) in Corsica using the same methodology as that of the EPIMAD registry...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a rapid urine-screening test (Multistix8SG) in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitisGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Liver Unit and Department of Immunology, Archet 2 Hospital, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1257-60. 2002..To assess the diagnostic accuracy of a rapid urine-screening test (Multistix8SG) for spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP) in cirrhotic patients...
- Impact of restrictive diets on the risk of undernutrition in a free-living elderly populationGilbert Zeanandin
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, pole digestif, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, France
Clin Nutr 31:69-73. 2012..Elderly subjects are at risk for undernutrition. Restrictive diets may increase this risk. The aim was to evaluate the impact of restrictive diets on undernutrition and its risk in free-living elderly...
- Assessment of D-Dimers for the Early Prediction of Complications in Acute PancreatitisCécile Gomercic
From the Hepato gastroenterology Unit, and Department of Statistics, Archet II Hospital, Nice, France
Pancreas 45:980-5. 2016..Severe acute pancreatitis (AP) is characterized by early microcirculation defects causing hypercoagulability. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the early predictive value of D-dimers in complicated AP...
- Bronchial Aspiration of Capsule EndoscopeMatthieu Buscot
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Universit and x00E9 Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Respiration . 2017..We report direct repositioning of the capsule in the stomach at the same time as bronchoscopy, thus making second-line gastrointestinal endoscopy needless...
- Nutritional support of the elderly cancer patient: long-term nutritional supportStephane M Schneider
Faculte de Medecine, Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Pôle Digestif Gynécologie Obstétrique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France Electronic address
Nutrition 31:617-8. 2015..Home artificial nutrition should benefit from a specialized follow-up. For patients out of therapy, the goal of nutritional care is to optimize quality of life and comfort. ..
- Efficacy and safety of adalimumab 80 mg weekly in luminal Crohn's diseaseGuillaume Bouguen
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Rennes, Pontchaillou and Inserm U991 University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, Bordeaux, France Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Hospital Lyon Sud, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital of Nice, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France Institut des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif IMAD, University Hospital of Nantes, Nantes, France and INSERM, U954 and Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Nancy, Université de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 21:1047-53. 2015..In case of a loss of response to adalimumab, some patients with Crohn's disease may derive benefit from increasing the dosing frequency to 40 mg weekly. Efficacy and safety of adalimumab 80 mg weekly remain unknown...
- A synonymous variant in IRGM alters a binding site for miR-196 and causes deregulation of IRGM-dependent xenophagy in Crohn's diseasePatrick Brest
Inserm ERI 21, EA4319, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France
Nat Genet 43:242-5. 2011....
- The pig as a preclinical model for intestinal ischemia-reperfusion and transplantation studiesThierry Yandza
pole digestif, Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Centre de Transplantation Hepatique, Hopital de l Archet 2, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Nice, Nice, France
J Surg Res 178:807-19. 2012..It also updates the current knowledge obtained from this model, establishing the pig as a reference standard in intestinal transplantation research...
- Sarcopenia is prevalent in patients with Crohn's disease in clinical remissionStephane M Schneider
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1562-8. 2008..Many factors associated with osteopenia also decrease muscle mass. The aim of the present study was to measure the prevalence of sarcopenia in CD patients in remission and uncover its relationship with osteopenia...
- CT-guided percutaneous catheter drainage of acute infectious necrotizing pancreatitis: assessment of effectiveness and safetyGuillaume Baudin
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Nice, 151 Rte de Saint Antoine de Ginestière, Nice, Alpes Maritimes 06200, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 199:192-9. 2012....
- Does anti-TNF therapy reduce the requirement for surgery in ulcerative colitis? A systematic reviewJerome Filippi
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Sophia Antipolis, Nice, F 06107, France
Curr Drug Targets 12:1440-7. 2011..Whether infliximab proves to be a disease modifying treatment in ulcerative colitis in the long term remains to be elucidated and will require further long-term prospective studies...
- The role of clips in preventing migration of fully covered metallic esophageal stents: a pilot comparative studyGeoffroy Vanbiervliet
Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, 06107, France
Surg Endosc 26:53-9. 2012..This study aimed to determine the potential preventive effect of proximal fixation on the mucosa by clips for patients treated with fully covered SEMS...
- Feeding the patients with upper gastrointestinal bleedingXavier Hebuterne
Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, CHU of Nice, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Archet Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Nice, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 14:197-201. 2011..It is usually believed that in case of upper gastrointestinal bleeding patients must be systematically fasted. This review will focus on oral and/or enteral feeding in patients with or at risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding...