- [Screening and prognostic value of malnutrition in the hospital setting]X Hebuterne
Service de Gastroentérologie et de Nutrition, Hopital de l Archet, 06202 Nice Cedex 3
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 151:557-562. 2000..Moreover it induces an increase of the diagnosis-related group length of stay and hospital charges. To prevent and to treat malnutrition is now essential and nutrition teams are needed in hospitals...
- Ageing and muscle: the effects of malnutrition, re-nutrition, and physical exerciseX Hebuterne
aDepartment of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, and bLaboratory of Exercise and Biomechanics, Hospital de l Archet, University of Nice, a Sophia Antipolis, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 4:295-300. 2001..Exercise training has positive anabolic effects even in the frail elderly, and may improve the effect of re-nutrition in malnourished elderly patients...
- Gut changes attributed to ageing: effects on intestinal microfloraXavier Hebuterne
Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Hopital de l Archet, 06202 Nice Cedex 02, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 6:49-54. 2003..This review will focus on changes in gut microflora observed in the elderly and on the potential benefit of probiotics in this population...
- Nutritional consequences and nutrition therapy in Crohn's diseaseX Hebuterne
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Service de Gastro entérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Hopital de l Archet 2, CHU de Nice, 06202 Nice cedex 03, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:S235-44. 2009..In active CD, enteral nutrition is the first line therapy in children and should be used as sole therapy in adults mainly when treatment with corticosteroids is not feasible...
- Nutritional deficiencies in patients with Crohn's disease in remissionJerome Filippi
Fédération d Hépato Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Hopital de l Archet, Nice, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:185-91. 2006..The aim of our study was to assess food intake and the status for vitamins and trace elements in nonselected CD patients in clinical remission...
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy followed by duodenal switch in selected patients versus single-stage duodenal switch for superobesity: case-control studyAntonio Iannelli
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Transplantation Hépatique, pole digestif, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:531-8. 2013..The setting was a university hospital in France...
- Additional colectomy after colonoscopic polypectomy for T1 colon cancer: a fine balance between oncologic benefit and operative riskEmmanuel I Benizri
Department of General Surgery and Digestive Cancerology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Hopital de l Archet 2, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079, Nice Cedex 3, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:1473-8. 2012..This study aimed to assess the benefit-risk balance for patients who underwent additional surgery after endoscopic resection of a T1 carcinoma with unfavorable histology...
- Impact of restrictive diets on the risk of undernutrition in a free-living elderly populationGilbert Zeanandin
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, pole digestif, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, France
Clin Nutr 31:69-73. 2012..Elderly subjects are at risk for undernutrition. Restrictive diets may increase this risk. The aim was to evaluate the impact of restrictive diets on undernutrition and its risk in free-living elderly...
- [Treatment of malnutrition: dietetic support and enteral nutrition]Xavier Hebuterne
Hôpital de l Archet 06202 Nice
Rev Prat 53:281-6. 2003..Enteral nutrition can be proposed in case of failure of dietetic support or at once in case of severe malnutrition or dysphagia. An early start and a good technique are conditions in order to improve outcome of patients...
- Effects of age, malnutrition and refeeding on the expression and secretion of ghrelinStephane M Schneider
Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice F 06107, France
Clin Nutr 27:724-31. 2008..Anorexia is frequent in the malnourished elderly. We studied the effects of age, nutritional status and refeeding on the expression and secretion of the orexigenic peptide ghrelin...
- [Drug-induced diarrhea]Xavier Hebuterne
Service de Gastro entérologie et Nutrition Clinique, pole digestif, Hopital de l Archet 2, CHU de Nice, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06202 Nice 03, France
Rev Prat 58:1213-6. 2008..Treatment may vary depending on this classification and usually includes withdrawal of the offending drug. However, in some cases, diarrhea may resolve with continued use or through nonspecific agents, such as loperamide...
- Involvement of mast cells in gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori: a potential role in epithelial cell apoptosisVeronique Hofman
INSERM ERI 21 Faculty of Medicine, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
J Clin Pathol 60:600-7. 2007..The role(s) of mast cells (MC) in gastric mucosal inflammation caused by Helicobacterpylori is (are) still debated...
- [Diarrhea during enteral feeding]Stephane M Schneider
Fédération d hépato gastroentérologie et de nutrition clinique, Hopital de l Archet, Nice 06
Presse Med 32:935-41. 2003..Diarrhea occurs in 2 to 70% of tube-fed patients, depending on their disease (with an increased risk in critically ill patients) and on the definition of diarrhea used...
- Effects of Saccharomyces boulardii on fecal short-chain fatty acids and microflora in patients on long-term total enteral nutritionStephane M Schneider
Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, Archet University Hospital, BP 3079, F 06202 Nice cedex 3, France
World J Gastroenterol 11:6165-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of Sb on fecal flora and short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) in patients on long-term TEN...
- Effects of total enteral nutrition supplemented with a multi-fibre mix on faecal short-chain fatty acids and microbiotaStephane M Schneider
Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, Nice, France
Clin Nutr 25:82-90. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of a multi-fibre-enriched formula (15 g/l) and a fibre-free isoenergetic and isonitrogenous formula on faecal SCFAs and microbiota in long-term enteral nutrition (EN) patients...
- Malnutrition is an independent factor associated with nosocomial infectionsStephane M Schneider
Comité de Liaison Alimentation Nutrition, CHU de Nice, France
Br J Nutr 92:105-11. 2004..An early screening for malnutrition may therefore be helpful to reduce the high prevalence of NI...
- Differential effect of long-term leucine supplementation on skeletal muscle and adipose tissue in old rats: an insulin signaling pathway approachGilbert Zeanandin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Age (Dordr) 34:371-87. 2012..It does not increase muscle mass but seems to promote hypertrophy and hyperplasia of adipose tissue that did not result in insulin resistance...
- Sarcopenia is prevalent in patients with Crohn's disease in clinical remissionStephane M Schneider
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1562-8. 2008..Many factors associated with osteopenia also decrease muscle mass. The aim of the present study was to measure the prevalence of sarcopenia in CD patients in remission and uncover its relationship with osteopenia...
- Gastric pouch resizing for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass failure in patients with a dilated pouchAntonio Iannelli
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:260-7. 2013..In the present study, we analyzed the feasibility and safety of pouch resizing for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass failure in a consecutive series of 20 patients at a university hospital...
- Does anti-TNF therapy reduce the requirement for surgery in ulcerative colitis? A systematic reviewJerome Filippi
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Sophia Antipolis, Nice, F 06107, France
Curr Drug Targets 12:1440-7. 2011..Whether infliximab proves to be a disease modifying treatment in ulcerative colitis in the long term remains to be elucidated and will require further long-term prospective studies...