- External insulin pump treatment in the day-to-day management of diabetes: benefits and future prospectivesH Hanaire
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, CHU de Toulouse, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 37:S40-7. 2011..Furthermore, there is continuing progress in the development of pump and catheter features, and insulin kinetics can still be improved. These technical advances are part of the work in progress towards developing closed-loop systems...
- Periodontal treatment to improve glycaemic control in diabetic patients: study protocol of the randomized, controlled DIAPERIO trialJean Noel Vergnes
Department of Dentistry, Toulouse University Hospital CHU de Toulouse and Toulouse Dental School, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Trials 10:65. 2009..The main objective of this clinical trial is to assess whether periodontal treatment could lead to a decrease in glycated haemoglobin levels in metabolically unbalanced diabetic patients suffering from chronic periodontitis...
- Continuous glucose monitoring and external insulin pump: towards a subcutaneous closed loopH Hanaire
Service de Diabétologie Maladies Métaboliques Nutrition, Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, Hopital Rangueil, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 32:534-8. 2006..The feasibility of this solution has been proven at a small scale, but remains to be confirmed in the home setting. Intermediate solutions, such as semi-automatic systems, might be immediately valuable...
- Comparison of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and multiple daily injection regimens using insulin lispro in type 1 diabetic patients on intensified treatment: a randomized study. The Study Group for the Development of Pump Therapy in DiabetesH Hanaire-Broutin
Hopital de Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse, France
Diabetes Care 23:1232-5. 2000..To compare the efficacy of 2 intensified insulin regimens, continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) and multiple daily injections (MDI), by using the short-acting insulin analog lispro in type 1 diabetic patients...
- [Implementation of the "Diabetes Prevention Program", in Europe]H Hanaire-Broutin
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Hopital Rangueil, CHU Toulouse, 31403 Toulouse Cedex 4
Diabetes Metab 29:S16-20. 2003..The implementation of the program in Europe would be theoretically cost-effective but would be technically very hard to do...
- [Is cardiovascular risk different in the diabetic woman?]H Hanaire-Broutin
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies Métaboliques et Nutrition Hôpital Rangueil 1, avenue J Poulhès 31403 Toulouse
Diabetes Metab 27:S76-82. 2001..But the longer delay to treatment and the lack of scientific information about the particular features of coronary heart disease in women probably contribute to the increased risk in diabetic women...
- Advantages to using capillary blood beta-hydroxybutyrate determination for the detection and treatment of diabetic ketosisB Guerci
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Hopital Jeanne d Arc, Route Nationale 4, 54201 Dommartin les Toul
Diabetes Metab 31:401-6. 2005..Indeed, it appears more appropriate, simple, descriptive and significant both for health-care staff and for patients...
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus using an external insulin pump: the state of the artH Hanaire
Hopital de Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse, 1 avenue Professeur Jean Poulhes, Toulouse Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 34:401-23. 2008..Use of CSII also requires strict medical supervision by physicians and a regular programme of patient education by paramedical teams, to ensure optimal responsible use of this technique by healthcare professionals...
- [Diabetic foot]M C Chauchard
Service de diabétologie Hôpital Rangueil 31403 Toulouse
Rev Prat 51:1788-92. 2001..The reduction of the economical and human burden needs the urgent formation of more multidisciplinary teams (to take care of patients properly and very early), foot care networks, and prevention programs...
- Multicenter randomized evaluation of a nutritional education software in obese patientsM C Turnin
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 27:139-47. 2001..To study the efficacy of the nutritional education software, Nutri-Expert, in the management of obese adult patients...
- Value and limitations of the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in the management of type 1 diabetesV Melki
Service de Diabetologie, Hopital de Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 32:123-9. 2006....
- Evaluation of microcomputer nutritional teaching games in 1,876 children at schoolM C Turnin
Service de Diabétologie Maladies Métaboliques Nutrition, CHU Rangueil, 1, avenue Jean Poulhes, 31403, Toulouse Cedex 4
Diabetes Metab 27:459-64. 2001..We evaluated in a prospective study microcomputer nutritional teaching games and their contribution to the children's acquisition of nutritional knowledge and improvement of eating habits...
- Metabolic syndrome is associated with markers of subclinical atherosclerosis in a French population-based sampleN Ahluwalia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Atherosclerosis 186:345-53. 2006..MetS was strongly associated with subclinical atherosclerosis and aortic stiffness, and can be used as a surrogate marker for high CVD risk, deserving aggressive treatment...
- What are capillary blood ketone levels in type 1 diabetic patients using CSII in normal conditions of insulin delivery?M P Matta
Department of Diabetology and Metabolic Diseases, University Hospital of Rangueil, CHU Ranguiel, 1 avenue J Poulhes, Toulouse Cedex 09, France
Diabetes Metab 30:543-7. 2004..The aim of the study was to determine the normal level of capillary ketonemia in type 1 diabetic patients on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII)...
- Autonomic neuropathy is associated with impairment of dynamic cerebral autoregulation in type 1 diabetesN Nasr
Service de Neurologie Vasculaire, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, INSERM U, France
Auton Neurosci 160:59-63. 2011..In this study, we assessed the association between CAN and impairment of dynamic cerebral autoregulation in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Long-term treatment combining continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion with oral hypoglycaemic agents is effective in type 2 diabetesF Labrousse-Lhermine
Diabetology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 33:253-60. 2007..To compare over 3 years the efficacy of two treatment regimens combining continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) and oral hypoglycaemic agents (OHA) in type 2 diabetic patients with HbA(1c) levels>8% despite OHA+/-insulin...
- Physical exercise for the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetesC Sanz
Department of Diabetology, Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, CHU de Toulouse, 31073 Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 36:346-51. 2010..6%. Thus, physical exercise should be part of any therapeutic strategy to slow the development of type 2 diabetes in high-risk individuals and to improve glucose control in type 2 diabetes...
- [Sub-cutaneous closed-loop: continuous glucose measurement and external insulin pump: hope in treatment of type 1 diabetes]N Puech-Bret
Service de Diabétologie Maladies Métaboliques Nutrition, Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, Hopital Rangueil, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, av Prof Jean Poulhes, 31403 Toulouse 9, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:21-7. 2007..The feasibility of this solution as been proven at a small scale but remains to be confirmed in a home setting. Intermediate solutions, such as semi-automatic systems might be immediately valuable...
- Diabetes mellitus as a modulator of functional impairment and decline in Alzheimer's disease. The Real.FR cohortC M Sanz
Department of Diabetology, Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, CHU Toulouse, France
Diabet Med 29:541-8. 2012..To determine whether diabetes mellitus influences functional status in patients with Alzheimer's disease...