Genomes and Genes
- Impaired decision-making in suicide attempters may increase the risk of problems in affective relationshipsFabrice Jollant
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, F 34000 France
J Affect Disord 99:59-62. 2007..In the present study, we hypothesized that impaired decision-making may be associated with an increased risk of negative life events in suicide attempters...
- Guidelines for the use and management of long-acting injectable antipsychotics in serious mental illnessPierre Michel Llorca
CHU Clermont Ferrand, EA 7280, Clermont Ferrand University, Clermont Ferrand, France
BMC Psychiatry 13:340. 2013..As part of a process to improve the quality of care, the French Association for Biological Psychiatry and Neuropsychopharmacology (AFPBN) elaborated guidelines for the use and management of antipsychotic depots in clinical practice...
- [Bipolar depression and suicidal behavior]S Guillaume
département d urgences et post urgences psychiatriques, pôle urgence CHU Montpellier, Inserm U1061, Universite Montpellier I, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Encephale 37:S169-72. 2011..Finally, lithium may have a particular interest in subjects at high risk of suicide...
- Somatic markers and explicit knowledge are both involved in decision-makingSebastien Guillaume
University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Neuropsychologia 47:2120-4. 2009..Advantageous decision-making therefore seems to be associated with two distinct, namely implicit and explicit, systems...
- [Management, needs and expectations of patients suffering from bipolar I disorders (The ECHO study - France)]S Guillaume
INSERM, U1061, 34093 Montpellier, France
Encephale 37:332-8. 2011....
- Factor analyses of the Suicidal Intent Scale (SIS) and the Risk-Rescue Rating Scale (RRRS): toward the identification of homogeneous subgroups of suicidal behaviorsHelene Misson
INSERM, Unit 955, IMRB, Psychiatry Genetics Team, Creteil, France
J Affect Disord 121:80-7. 2010..This heterogeneity has major implications for clinical management of patients and identification of risk factors. Our study aims at identifying homogeneous subgroups of patients with suicidal behavior...
- Self-reported major depressive symptoms at baseline impact abstinence prognosis in smoking cessation program. A one-year prospective studyGuillaume Fond
University Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 149:418-21. 2013..However, previous studies report conflicting findings about the impact of depression on lapse of smoking cessation. We hypothesize that smokers with self-reported major depressive symptoms at baseline are at higher risk of a lapse...
- Characteristics of suicide attempts in anorexia and bulimia nervosa: a case-control studySebastien Guillaume
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23578. 2011..We sought to explore whether the clinical characteristics of suicidal acts differ between suicide attempters with AN, BN or without an eating disorders (ED)...
- Exercise and Counseling for Smoking Cessation in Smokers With Depressive Symptoms: A Randomized Controlled Pilot TrialPaquito Bernard
a Laboratory Epsylon EA 4556, Dynamics of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Dual Diagn 11:205-16. 2015..We hypothesized that the exercise and counseling intervention would lead to improved abstinence, reduced depressive symptoms, and increased physical activity...
- Prevalence and smoking behavior characteristics of nonselected smokers with childhood and/or adult self-reported ADHD symptoms in a smoking-cessation program: a cross-sectional studyGuillaume Fond
INSERM U955, Universite Paris Est, GHU Mondor, Pepsy, Fondation FondaMental, Creteil, France Inserm U1061, Montpellier, France
J Atten Disord 19:293-300. 2015..Conflicting findings have been found regarding AD prevalences among adult smokers, and it is unclear whether AD is associated with a more severe smoking behavior in adulthood...
- Smoking cessation, depression, and exercise: empirical evidence, clinical needs, and mechanismsPaquito Bernard
Laboratory Epsylon EA 4556, Dynamics of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, University of Montpellier, France
Nicotine Tob Res 15:1635-50. 2013..The aim of this narrative review is to describe research on exercise and depression and exercise and smoking cessation...
- HPA axis genes may modulate the effect of childhood adversities on decision-making in suicide attemptersSebastien Guillaume
Inserm U1061, Montpellier, France
J Psychiatr Res 47:259-65. 2013....
- Positive and negative life events and reasons for living modulate suicidal ideation in a sample of patients with history of suicide attemptsCamelia Laglaoui Bakhiyi
Department of Emergency Psychiatry and Acute Care, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France Psychiatric Unit, CHU Casablanca, Hassan II University, Casablanca, Morocco Inserm U1061, La Colombière Hospital, University of Montpellier, France Electronic address
J Psychiatr Res 88:64-71. 2017..The influence of life events on suicidal behavior remains inconclusive, while reasons for living (RFL) may be protective...
- Personality Traits of Suicidality Are Associated with Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder in a Suicidal Women SampleDeborah Ducasse
Department of Psychiatric Emergency and Acute Care, Lapeyronie Hospital, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0148653. 2016..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between personality dimensions specifically involved in suicidal vulnerability and PMS/PMDD...
- Higher psychological pain during a major depressive episode may be a factor of vulnerability to suicidal ideation and actEmilie Olie
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 120:226-30. 2010..In addition, suicidal acts may be best understood within a stress-vulnerability model. We hypothesized that more intense psychache during a major depressive episode would be a factor of vulnerability to suicidal behavior...
- Measurement of total serum cholesterol in the evaluation of suicidal riskEmilie Olie
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 133:234-8. 2011..To our knowledge, this association has mainly been reported in men. This case-control study was undertaken to assess the association between serum cholesterol level and suicide attempts in both genders...
- Admixture analysis of age at first suicide attemptFrederic Slama
INSERM, U955, IMRB, Department of Genetics, Psychiatry Genetics Team, Creteil, France
J Psychiatr Res 43:895-900. 2009..The aim of this study was to try to define different subgroups according to age at first SA subtypes using admixture analysis...
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder following childhood abuse increases the severity of suicide attemptsJorge Lopez-Castroman
Inserm U1061, Ho pital La Colombiere, Montpellier, France IIS Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Department of Psychiatry, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain Department of Emergency Psychiatry, CHRU Montpellier, France Electronic address
J Affect Disord 170:7-14. 2015..We hypothesize that among patients reporting childhood abuse, PTSD diagnoses are correlated with an increased severity of suicidal features...
- Additive effects between prematurity and postnatal risk factors of suicidal behaviorHilario Blasco-Fontecilla
Department of Psychiatry, IIS Puerta de Hierro Hospital, CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 47:937-43. 2013..Pre- and perinatal insults increase suicide risk. The main objective of the present study is to investigate if prematurity interacts in an additive fashion with postnatal risk factors of suicidal behavior...
- Is decision making really impaired in eating disorders?Sebastien Guillaume
University of Montpellier, INSERM, Montpellier, France
Neuropsychology 24:808-12. 2010..In the current study we arranged to confirm previous observations and to assess the relationship between decision making and dimensions relevant to eating disorders...
- The influence of four serotonin-related genes on decision-making in suicide attemptersFabrice Jollant
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:615-24. 2007..We hypothesize that the influence of genetic factors on the vulnerability to suicidal behavior may partly be achieved through their modulation of decision-making and particularly its learning component...
- Spiritual Meaning in Life and Values in Patients With Severe Mental DisordersPhilippe Huguelet
Department of Mental Health and Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Geneva Department of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Department of Emergency Psychiatry and Post Acute Care, CHRU Montpellier Inserm, U1061, Universite Montpellier, Montpellier and Fondamental Foundation, Foundation of Scientific Cooperation, Creteil, France
J Nerv Ment Dis 204:409-14. 2016..These results highlight the importance of spirituality for recovery-oriented care. ..
- Clustering Suicide Attempters: Impulsive-Ambivalent, Well-Planned, or FrequentJorge Lopez-Castroman
Inserm U1061, Hôpital La Colombière, Pavillon 42 39 Av Charles Flauhault BP 34493 34093 Montpellier, France
J Clin Psychiatry 77:e711-8. 2016..Although several psychosocial and clinical features have been consistently associated with suicide attempts, investigations of latent structure in well-characterized populations of suicide attempters are lacking...
- A meta-analysis of cytokines in suicidal behaviorDeborah Ducasse
Department of Psychiatric Emergency and Acute Crisis, Lapeyronie Hospital, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France University of Montpellier UM1, Montpellier, France Inserm U1061, Montpellier, France FondaMental Foundation, France Electronic address
Brain Behav Immun 46:203-11. 2015..We conducted the first meta-analysis of studies comparing the plasma and CSF concentrations of cytokines in suicidal patients vs. non-suicidal patients or healthy controls...
- Impact of axis-I comorbidity and suicidal behavior disorders on sensitivity and specificity of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire in complex depressed inpatientsFabienne Cyprien
Psychiatric Department, CHU Nimes, Hopital Caremeau, Nimes, France Inserm U1061 Montpellier, France University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Compr Psychiatry 55:876-82. 2014....
- Physical activity as a protective factor in relapse following smoking cessation in participants with a depressive disorderPaquito Bernard
Laboratory Epsylon EA 4556, Dynamics of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Am J Addict 21:348-55. 2012..The protective role of physical activity on relapse rate could be a modifiable factor in smoking cessation for smokers with depressive disorders...
- Do reasons for living protect against suicidal thoughts and behaviors? A systematic review of the literatureCamélia Laglaoui Bakhiyi
Department of Emergency Psychiatry and Acute Care, Lapeyronie Hospital, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France Psychiatric Unit, CHU Casablanca, Hassan II University, Casablanca, Morocco Inserm U1061, La Colombière Hospital, University of Montpellier UM1, Montpellier, France Electronic address
J Psychiatr Res 77:92-108. 2016..Few studies have investigated protective factors against suicide...