- Complications and adverse effects of deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's patientsDominique Guehl
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles du Système Nerveux, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33 600 Pessac, France
Expert Rev Neurother 3:811-9. 2003..Whatever the target, intraoperative complications and secondary side effects are being reduced by the use of new neuroimaging technology associated with an accurate intraoperative neurophysiological investigation...
- Side-effects of subthalamic stimulation in Parkinson's disease: clinical evolution and predictive factorsD Guehl
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Rabat Leon, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurol 13:963-71. 2006..Age, intensity of axial symptoms and UDPRS II off-medication score before surgery are predictive factors of dysarthria/hypophonia and postural instability after surgery...
- Postmortem proof of effectiveness of zona incerta stimulation in Parkinson diseaseD Guehl
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 70:1489-90. 2008
- Evolution of postural stability after subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson's disease: a combined clinical and posturometric studyD Guehl
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, CNRS UMR 5543, Universite de Bordeaux, 2, Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Exp Brain Res 170:206-15. 2006..The occurrence of postural and balance disorders is a frequent feature in advanced forms of Parkinson's disease (PD). However, the pathological substrate of these disturbances is poorly understood...
- Effects of L-DOPA on neuronal activity of the globus pallidus externalis (GPe) and globus pallidus internalis (GPi) in the MPTP-treated monkeyT Boraud
Basal Gang, Lab Neurophysiologie, CNRS UMR 5543, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Brain Res 787:157-60. 1998..A slight reduction was observed in bursting activity. These unexpected results would show that the normalizing effect of L-DOPA on GPi output is limited...
- Differential role of visuospatial working memory in the propensity toward uncertainty in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder and in healthy subjectsV Lambrecq
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Psychol Med 44:2113-24. 2014..We assessed their relationship and the temporal direction of this relationship in both OCD patients and healthy subjects...
- Deep brain pallidal stimulation for movement disorders in neuroacanthocytosisD Guehl
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 68:160-1. 2007
- Minimal tissue damage after stimulation of the motor thalamus in a case of chorea-acanthocytosisP Burbaud
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 59:1982-4. 2002..Although relatively high currents were used for 2 years in this patient, postmortem analysis showed minimal tissue damage in the vicinity of the electrode tip. It is concluded that DBS has little impact on the surrounding tissues...
- The associative and limbic thalamus in the pathophysiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder: an experimental study in the monkeyJ Y Rotge
Univ Bordeaux, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, UMR 5293, Bordeaux, France
Transl Psychiatry 2:e161. 2012....
- [Deep-brain stimulation of the internal pallidum in multiple system atrophy]V Lambrecq
Departement de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:398-402. 2008..The experience with deep-brain stimulation (DBS) in multiple-system atrophy (MSA) is sparse and generally disappointing. DBS is currently not recommended in MSA and its use is often related to a misdiagnosis...
- Evolution of brain gray matter loss in Huntington's disease: a meta-analysisV Lambrecq
Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 5293, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurol 20:315-21. 2013..Here, we conducted a meta-analysis of voxel-based morphometry studies of Huntington's disease to describe the evolution of brain gray matter loss...
- Reorganization of area 5 neuron activity in trained deafferented monkeysB Bioulac
CNRS UMR 5543, Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex
Brain Res 835:266-74. 1999..This sensitivity gain could be due to neural network rearrangements induced by repetitive operant solicitation...
- The glutamate-based genetic immune hypothesis in obsessive-compulsive disorder. An integrative approach from genes to symptomsJ Y Rotge
Laboratoire Mouvement Adaptation Cognition, CNRS UMR 5227, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Neuroscience 165:408-17. 2010....
- The Cortical Processing of Sensorimotor Sequences is Disrupted in Writer's CrampN Langbour
Universite de Bordeaux, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France CNRS, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Cereb Cortex . 2016..Overall, these results demonstrate an endophenotypic impairment in the synchronization of cortical areas within the parieto-premotor network during somatosensory processing and motor planning in WC patients...
- A challenging task for assessment of checking behaviors in obsessive-compulsive disorderJ Y Rotge
Movement, Adaptation, Cognition Laboratory, CNRS UMR 5227, Bordeaux 2 University, Bordeaux, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 117:465-73. 2008..To address this issue, we developed an instrumental task producing repetitive checking in OCD subjects...
- Influence of cognitive strategies on the pattern of cortical activation during mental subtraction. A functional imaging study in human subjectsP Burbaud
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie CNRS UMR 5543, Universite Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Neurosci Lett 287:76-80. 2000..These results demonstrate that numbers are processed through a distributed network of cortical areas, the lateralization of which is clearly influenced by subject strategy...
- From experimentation to the surgical treatment of Parkinson's disease: prelude or suite in basal ganglia research?C E Gross
Basal Gang, Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, CNRS UMR 5543, Universite de Bordeaux, France
Prog Neurobiol 59:509-32. 1999..All the more reason, in consequence, for extending experimental investigation into the impact of any new therapy before proposing its clinical application...
- Disruption of information processing in the supplementary motor area of the MPTP-treated monkey: a clue to the pathophysiology of akinesia?L Escola
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Brain 126:95-114. 2003..The conjunction of these phenomena could play a critical role in the genesis of akinesia...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation in patients with Parkinson's disease does not increase serum ghrelin levelsJ B Corcuff
Br J Nutr 95:1028-9. 2006
- Clinical and economic results of bilateral subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson's diseaseV Fraix
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Grenoble University Hospital and INSERM U318 Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:443-9. 2006..High frequency stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus (STN) is an alternative but expensive neurosurgical treatment for parkinsonian patients with levodopa induced motor complications...
- Neuronal activity in the monkey motor thalamus during bicuculline-induced dystoniaF Macia
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, UMR CNRS 5543, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Léo Saignat 33076 Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurosci 15:1353-62. 2002....
- Tremor-related activity of neurons in the 'motor' thalamus: changes in firing rate and pattern in the MPTP vervet model of parkinsonismD Guehl
INSERM U 289 Experimental Neurology and Therapeutics, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur J Neurosci 17:2388-400. 2003....