- Frontal Assessment Battery is a marker of dorsolateral and medial frontal functions: A SPECT study in frontotemporal dementiaEric Guedj
Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, Hopital de la Timone, APHM, Marseille, France
J Neurol Sci 273:84-7. 2008..These findings confirm that the FAB is an adequate tool for assessing functions related to the dorsolateral and medial frontal cortex, and is thus useful for the evaluation of diseases associated with frontal dysfunction...
- FDG-PET predicts survival in recurrent high-grade gliomas treated with bevacizumab and irinotecanCecile Colavolpe
Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Marseille, CHU Timone, Aix Marseille University, Marseille, France
Neuro Oncol 14:649-57. 2012..This study provides the first evidence that pretreatment FDG-PET can serve as an imaging biomarker in recurrent HGG for predicting survival following anti-angiogenic therapy with bevacizumab...
- Role of resting state functional connectivity MRI in presurgical investigation of mesial temporal lobe epilepsyGaelle Bettus
Centre de Résonance Magnétique Biologique et Médicale CRMBM, Marseille, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 81:1147-54. 2010..The authors aimed to determine the ability of resting-state functional connectivity MRI (fcMRI) to lateralise/localise the epileptogenic zone in patients presenting with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE) at the individual level...
- Independent prognostic value of pre-treatment 18-FDG-PET in high-grade gliomasCecile Colavolpe
APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, 13005 Marseille, France
J Neurooncol 107:527-35. 2012....
- Clinical, neuropsychological, and metabolic characteristics of transient epileptic amnesia syndromeAmel Mosbah
Henri Gastaut Hospital, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 55:699-706. 2014..Transient epileptic amnesia (TEA) is a recently individualized syndrome occurring in adult patients that includes epileptic seizures with amnestic features and interictal memory disturbances...
- Reading epilepsy from the dominant temporo-occipital regionMartine Gavaret
Assistance Publique Hôpitauxde Marseille, Hopital de la Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, Marseille 13005, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 81:710-5. 2010..However, distinct ictal features including visual symptoms and paroxysmal a- or dyslexia are described in some patients. The anatomical substrate of ictogenesis in reading epilepsy remains poorly understood...
- Hyperactivation of parahippocampal region and fusiform gyrus associated with successful encoding in medial temporal lobe epilepsyEric Guedj
Center for Magnetic Resonance in Biomedicine CRMBM, UMR CNRS 6612, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 52:1100-9. 2011..We aimed to determine if distinct recognition performances (normal vs. impaired) could be related to distinct patterns of brain activation during encoding...
- Déjà-vu in temporal lobe epilepsy: metabolic pattern of cortical involvement in patients with normal brain MRIEric Guedj
Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, CHU Timone and Centre Européen de Recherche en Imagerie Médicale, CERIMED and Centre d Investigation Clinique, CIC, INSERM, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille F 13000, France
Neuropsychologia 48:2174-81. 2010....
- rTMS in fibromyalgia: a randomized trial evaluating QoL and its brain metabolic substrateLaurent Boyer
From EA 3279 Self perceived Health Assessment Research Unit L B, School of Medicine, La Timone University, Marseille Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur A Dousset, P R, N D, V P, A Donnet and Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire S C, O M, E G, APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille CERIMED S C, O M, E G and Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone, CNRS UMR 7289 S K, E G, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
Neurology 82:1231-8. 2014..This double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study investigated the impact of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) on quality of life (QoL) of patients with fibromyalgia, and its possible brain metabolic substrate...
- 18FDG-PET in different subtypes of temporal lobe epilepsy: SEEG validation and predictive valueEric Guedj
Nuclear Medicine Department, Timone Hospital, APHM, Marseille, France CERIMED, Aix Marseille University, Marseille, France CNRS, UMR7289, INT, Aix Marseille University, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 56:414-21. 2015....
- Striatal hypermetabolism in limbic encephalitisCaroline Rey
Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
J Neurol 259:1106-10. 2012..It could be of significant help in the diagnosis of this rare and treatable condition, and may also provide a useful marker of disease outcome...
- Which memory system is impaired first in Alzheimer's disease?Mira Didic
Service de Neurologie and Neuropsychologie, Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, AP HM Timone, INSERM U751, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
J Alzheimers Dis 27:11-22. 2011..In a subsequent, "hippocampal" stage, context-rich, episodic and spatial memory, becomes altered as well. The question as to the "episodic" nature of "episodic memory tasks" is also addressed...
- Left temporopolar impairment in a case of posttraumatic hypersomniaJean Farisse
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite University Hospital Drs Farisse, Richieri, and Lancon APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire Dr Guedj CERIMED Dr Guedj and INT, CNRS UMR 7289 Dr Guedj, Aix Marseille Univ EA 3279, Self perceived Health Assessment Research Unit, School of Medicine, La Timone University Drs Lancon and Boyer, Marseille and Unité des troubles du sommeil, Service de Neurologie, CHU Gui de Chauliac, Montpellier Dr Cochen De Cock, France
J Head Trauma Rehabil 28:473-5. 2013..This case may contribute to better understanding the possible pathophysiological mechanism for posttraumatic hypersomnia...
- 18F-DOPA, a clinically available PET tracer to study brain inflammation?Quentin Sala
From the APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, Marseille Aix Marseille Univ, CERIMED, Marseille APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service de Neurochirurgie, Marseille APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service de Neurologie, Marseille APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service d anatomie pathologique et neuropathologie, Marseille and Aix Marseille Univ, CNRS, UMR7289, INT, Marseille, France
Clin Nucl Med 39:e283-5. 2014..This report suggests it may serve to study brain inflammation...
- Metabolic brain PET pattern underlying hyperkinetic seizuresEric Guedj
APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, 13005 Marseille, France
Epilepsy Res 101:237-45. 2012..These findings argue for a specific subcortical metabolic impairment in patients with hyperkinetic seizures, within brain structures supposed to be involved in the generation of primitive motor programs...
- Schizophrenia with preserved insight is associated with increased perfusion of the precuneusCatherine Faget-Agius
Aix Marseille University, Research Unit EA 3279, Marseille Hôpital Sainte Marguerite, Departement de Psychiatrie, Marseille, France
J Psychiatry Neurosci 37:297-304. 2012..Preserved insight into illness has been suggested to be predictive of outcome in patients with schizophrenia. We aimed to investigate the functional substrate underlying preserved insight in these patients...
- IDH mutation status impact on in vivo hypoxia biomarkers expression: new insights from a clinical, nuclear imaging and immunohistochemical study in 33 glioma patientsPhilippe Metellus
Hopital de la Timone, Service de Neurochirurgie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, 13000 Marseille, France
J Neurooncol 105:591-600. 2011..24 versus 2.15 in IDH-nonmutated tumors (P = 0.775). Together, these data question the actual relationship between IDH mutation status and in vivo hypoxic biomarkers expression in WHO grade II and III gliomas...
- Cognitive and metabolic correlates of emotional vulnerability in patients with temporal lobe epilepsyLaura Lanteaume
CHU Timone, Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Marseille, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:522-8. 2012..Recent investigations have suggested that the occurrence of epileptic seizures is not completely random. In particular, various types of psychological changes or life events may act as triggering factors...
- Improvement of health-related quality of life in depression after transcranial magnetic stimulation in a naturalistic trial is associated with decreased perfusion in precuneusRemy Dumas
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite University Hospital, Marseille 13009, France
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:87. 2012..A secondary objective was to study the functional neural substrate underlying HRQoL changes using neuroimaging...
- Utility of FDG-PET/CT in the follow-up of neuroblastoma which became MIBG-negativeCecile Colavolpe
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Centre, Timone, Marseille, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:828-31. 2008..We discuss the different hypothesis associated with this particular outcome, and the potential utility of FDG-PET as an alternative to follow up the residual disease at this stage...
- Decreased basal fMRI functional connectivity in epileptogenic networks and contralateral compensatory mechanismsGaelle Bettus
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, Marseille, France
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1580-91. 2009..This is the first demonstration of decreased basal functional connectivity within epileptogenic networks with concomitant contralateral increased connectivity possibly reflecting compensatory mechanisms...
- FDG-PET/CT is a pivotal imaging modality to diagnose rare intravascular large B-cell lymphoma: case report and review of literatureCecile Colavolpe
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Hematol Oncol 33:99-109. 2015..We discuss the potential interests of FDG-PET in IVLBCL by a literature review...
- Usefulness of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography for staging and evaluation of treatment response in IgG4-related disease: a retrospective multicenter studyMikael Ebbo
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de la Conception, AP HM, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 66:86-96. 2014..To evaluate the usefulness of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT) in IgG4-related disease (IgG4-RD) for the staging of the disease and the followup under treatment...
- Voxel-based analysis of whole-brain effects of age and gender on dopamine transporter SPECT imaging in healthy subjectsAlexandre Eusebio
APHM, Hopital de la Timone, Service de Neurologie et Pathologie du Mouvement, Marseille, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:1778-83. 2012..Our aim was to determine the effects at the voxel level of age and gender on whole-brain DaT distribution using [(123)I]FP-CIT SPECT in healthy subjects...
- Could clinical profile influence CSF biomarkers in early-onset Alzheimer disease?Lejla Koric
Service de Neurologie et Neuropsychologie, AP HM, Hopital de la Timone, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 24:278-83. 2010..In addition, they highlight the heterogeneity of pathologic processes in AD, suggesting more intense degeneration in the forms of the disease that primarily involve neocortical structures...
- Clinical correlate of brain SPECT perfusion abnormalities in fibromyalgiaEric Guedj
Service Central de Biophysique et de Medecine Nucleaire, AP HM Timone, Marseille, France
J Nucl Med 49:1798-803. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the specific clinical correlate of brain SPECT perfusion abnormalities reported in fibromyalgia...
- Partially reversible cortical metabolic dysfunction in familial hemiplegic migraine with prolonged auraEric Guedj
Service Central de Biophysique et de Médecine Nucléaire and, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, INSERM, Marseille, France
Headache 50:872-7. 2010..Decrease in metabolic rate was only partially reversible at Day 78, concordant at this time with a remaining hemisensory loss. These findings provide further evidence for a primary cortical metabolic dysfunction in FHM...
- What's wrong with quality-of-life measures? A philosophical reflection and insights from neuroimagingLaurent Boyer
APHM, Marseille, France
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 14:767-9. 2014..It may be time to discard the medical normative vision and instead assume a radically humanistic approach to medicine by providing purely descriptive measures based on the values and emotions of patients. ..
- Effect of trait anxiety on prefrontal control mechanisms during emotional conflictMagali Comte
Stress et Vulnérabilité, Institut de Neurosciences de la Timone, UMR 7289, Aix Marseille Université and CNRS, Marseille, France
Hum Brain Mapp 36:2207-14. 2015..Hum Brain Mapp 36:2207-2214, 2015. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- A case of cerebello-thalamo-cortical diaschisisEric Guedj
Service Central de Biophysique et Médecine Nucléaire, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Clin Nucl Med 33:717-8. 2008
- Neural network underlying ictal humming demonstrated by very early SPECT: a case reportEric Guedj
Nuclear Medicine Department, INSERM U751, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 47:1968-70. 2006..MRI fusion of the registered ictal and interictal single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) substraction exhibited a left neural network involving lateral temporal, inferior frontal, and inferior parietal cortices...