Jean Michel Grinda
- Aortic cusp extension valvuloplasty for rheumatic aortic valve disease: midterm resultsJean Michel Grinda
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris University, France
Ann Thorac Surg 74:438-43. 2002....
- Juvenile hemochromatosis HJV-related revealed by cardiogenic shockMounir Filali
Département de Génétique Moléculaire, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Blood Cells Mol Dis 33:120-4. 2004..This observation underlines the importance of HJV genetic testing, by complete screening of the gene, in young patients with abnormal iron parameters and hypogonadism and/or cardiac symptoms to prevent death from cardiac complications...
- Triple valve repair for young rheumatic patientsJean Michel Grinda
Cardiac Surgery Department, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris University, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:447-52. 2002....
- [Five years experience with non-pulsatile flow]J M Grinda
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, HEGP, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:1008-12. 2005..We evaluated the first model, the DeBakey axial pump which became the most used axial pump worldwide. We now observe the development of other axial pumps as well as the development of new implantable centrifugal pumps...
- Cryopreserved aortic viable homograft for active aortic endocarditisJean Michel Grinda
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 79:767-71. 2005..To evaluate the short and long-term results of cryopreserved aortic viable homograft (CAVH) in the treatment of active aortic endocarditis...
- Fulminant myocarditis in adults and children: bi-ventricular assist device for recoveryJean Michel Grinda
Cardiac Surgery Department, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 21 rue Leblanc 75908 Paris cedex 15, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:1169-73. 2004..We report five consecutive patients with FM successfully bridged to recovery with a mechanical paracorporel biventricular assist device (BiVAD)...
- [Pediatric mechanical circulatory assistance. Biventricular assistance for fulminant myocarditis in a 5 year old child]J M Grinda
Département de chirurgie cardiaque, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 97:921-4. 2004..After 10 days (3 days with cardioplumonary bypass and 7 days of bi-ventricular assistance), the patient had been able to be disconnected of any mechanical circulatory supply with total recovery of the cardiac function...
- Biventricular assist device for scombroid poisoning with refractory myocardial dysfunction: a bridge to recoveryJean Michel Grinda
Department of Cardio Vascular Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 32:1957-9. 2004..We report the usefulness of biventricular mechanical circulatory support in a 36-yr-old woman with refractory myocardial dysfunction resulting from scombroid poisoning...
- Bridge to transplantation with the DeBakey VAD axial pump: a single center reportJ M Grinda
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:965-70. 2002..To report our experience with a left ventricular assist device axial pump as a bridge to transplantation: the DeBakey Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)...
- Human leukocyte antigen sensitization in ventricular assist device recipients: a lesser risk with the DeBakey axial pumpJean Michel Grinda
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Transplantation, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 80:945-8. 2005..We investigated sensitization in patients implanted with the DeBakey VAD (MicroMed Technology, Inc, Houston, TX) axial flow pump as a bridge to heart transplantation...
- Pulmonary homograft endocarditis after Ross procedureJean Michel Grinda
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, European Hospital Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 78:687-9. 2004..We report the case of a 36-year-old patient who experienced an isolated acute pulmonary homograft endocarditis two years after a Ross procedure for aortic valve infective endocarditis...
- Long-term results of mitral valve repair in active endocarditisRachid Zegdi
Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
Circulation 111:2532-6. 2005..Several investigators have reported the feasibility of mitral valve repair in active endocarditis, but the long-term results are still unknown...
- Mechanical ventricular assistance in heart failure: pathology of the cardiac apex removed during device implantationAurelie Cazes
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Cardiovasc Pathol 19:112-6. 2010..Ventricular assistance device (VAD) implantation provides large ventricular core biopsies available for pathological assessment. We present here the pathological data from 60 apex removed during a 7-year-period in a single institution...
- A shocking injuryNicola D'Attellis
Department of Anesthesiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 75908 Paris, France
Lancet 363:2136. 2004
- Intermittent cyanosis: unusual diagnosis of an ascending aortic aneurysmJean Michel Grinda
Cardiac Surgery Department, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:580-1. 2002..The right atrium compression by the aneurysm initiated a right-to-left shunt through a patent foramen ovale...
- Homemade mitral ringDaniel Roux
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hôpital de Rangueil Toulouse University, Toulouse, France
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1315-6. 2003..As such, cardiac surgery becomes more readily available to patients in developing countries such as Africa and Asia. These homemade rings were implanted in 6 patients with similar results to commercially available rings...
- Extracorporeal life support: an effective and noninvasive way to treat acute necrotizing eosinophilic myocarditisZiad Khabbaz
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1122-3; author reply 1123-4. 2007