Genomes and Genes
- Neuropathology and neurodegeneration in human immunodeficiency virus infection. Pathogenesis of HIV-induced lesions of the brain, correlations with HIV-associated disorders and modifications according to treatmentsF Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Faculté de médecine Paris Ouest, Garches, France
Clin Neuropathol 20:146-55. 2001..The poor CNS penetration of many antiretroviral agents is a possible explanation, but irreversible "burnt out" HIV-induced CNS changes may also be responsible...
- [Hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathies]F Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 157:1207-17. 2001....
- The changing pattern of HIV neuropathology in the HAART eraFrancoise Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Faculte de Medecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, Garches, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:429-40. 2003..These findings are compared with those reported in other neuropathological studies from different developed countries...
- The neuropathology of HIV infection in the era of Highly Active AntiRetroviral Therapy (HAART)Francoise Gray
Laboratoire Universitaire de Neuropathologie, Hôpital Raymond Poincaré Faculté de Médecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, Garches, France
Brain Pathol 13:79-83. 2003
- Changes in CRH and ACTH synthesis during experimental and human septic shockAndrea Polito
Department of Intensive Care, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Garches, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25905. 2011....
- Encephalitis with infiltration by CD8+ lymphocytes in HIV patients receiving combination antiretroviral treatmentFrancoise Gray
Service Central d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, AP HP, Hôpital Lariboisière Université Paris 7, Paris, France
Brain Pathol 23:525-33. 2013..CD8 cytotoxicity produces an acutization of a smoldering infection and/or an immunopathological reaction similar to ADEM. ..
- [Physiopathology of meningoencephalitis caused by Cryptococcus neoformans]Ségolène Neuville
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:323-8. 2002..In other immunodepressed hosts, a granulomatous inflammation containing few yeasts is usually seen. This may reflect an altered local immunological defect against C. neoformans in AIDS patients with cryptococcosis...
- Multifocal necrotizing leukoencephalopathy in septic shockTarek Sharshar
Service de Réanimation Médiale, Hôpital Raymond Poincaré Faculté de Médecine Paris Ouest Université Paris, Garches, France
Crit Care Med 30:2371-5. 2002..The role of circulating cytokines has been suggested but remains to be assessed...
- Depletion of neurohypophyseal content of vasopressin in septic shockTarek Sharshar
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches, France
Crit Care Med 30:497-500. 2002..To assess the mechanisms underlying the inappropriately low plasma vasopressin levels reported in septic shock...
- Hyperglycaemia and apoptosis of microglial cells in human septic shockAndrea Polito
General Intensive Care Medicine, Raymond Poincare Hospital, University of Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, 104 Boulevard R Poincaré, Garches, France
Crit Care 15:R131. 2011..The effect of hyperglycaemia on the brain cells of septic shock patients is unknown. The objective of this study was to evaluate the relationship between hyperglycaemia and apoptosis in the brains of septic shock patients...
- Increased levels of cerebrospinal fluid JNK3 associated with amyloid pathology: links to cognitive declineSarah Gourmaud
Institut du Fer a Moulin, Inserm UMR S 839 and UMR S 942, Lariboisiere Hospital, the Department of Histology, Saint Louis, Lariboisiere, Fernand Widal Hospital, AP HP, University of Paris, Diderot, Paris, France
J Psychiatry Neurosci 40:151-61. 2015..Aβ and τ are useful markers in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). C-Jun N-terminal kinases (JNKs) are serine-threonine protein kinases activated by phosphorylation and involved in neuronal death...
- Oxidative stress increases BACE1 protein levels through activation of the PKR-eIF2α pathwayFrançois Mouton-Liger
Service d Histologie et de Biologie du Vieillissement, APHP, groupe hospitalier Lariboisière Fernand Widal Saint Louis, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:885-96. 2012..Our findings provide a new translational regulation of BACE1, under the control of PKR in OS, where eIF2α phosphorylation regulates BACE1 protein expression...
- Brain lesions in septic shock: a magnetic resonance imaging studyTarek Sharshar
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hôpital Raymond Poincaré APHP, Faculté de Médecine Paris Ile de France Ouest UVSQ, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380, Garches, France
Intensive Care Med 33:798-806. 2007..Understanding of sepsis-induced brain dysfunction remains poor, and relies mainly on data from animals or post-mortem studies in patients. The current study provided findings from magnetic resonance imaging of the brain in septic shock...
- Effect of active Aβ immunotherapy on neurons in human Alzheimer's diseaseClaire Paquet
Alzheimer Clinical Centre, Lariboisiere FW Saint Louis Hospital, AP HP University of Paris Diderot, France Department of Histology and Biology of Ageing, Lariboisiere FW Saint Louis Hospital, AP HP University of Paris Diderot, France INSERM U942, Paris, France
J Pathol 235:721-30. 2015..This interpretation is consistent with in vivo imaging indicating an increased rate of cerebral atrophy in immunized AD patients...
- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system: description of the first fifty-two adults enrolled in the French cohort of patients with primary vasculitis of the central nervous systemHubert de Boysson
Hopital Cochin, AP HP, and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France, and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU de Caen, Caen, France
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:1315-26. 2014..To describe characteristics and outcomes of a multicenter cohort of patients diagnosed as having primary angiitis of the central nervous system (PACNS)...
- Increased cerebrospinal fluid levels of double-stranded RNA-dependant protein kinase in Alzheimer's diseaseFrançois Mouton-Liger
Memory Clinical Center, Lariboisiere Fernand Widal Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University of Paris Diderot, France
Biol Psychiatry 71:829-35. 2012..The proapoptotic kinase R (PKR), is activated by Aβ accumulates in degenerating neurons in AD brains and controls protein synthesis and indirectly tau phosphorylation...
- Histopathological and cognitive defects induced by Nef in the brainElodie Mordelet
Unité Postulante Mycologie Moléculaire, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
FASEB J 18:1851-61. 2004..No apoptotic event was detected. We further demonstrated that Nef neurotoxicity is associated with cognitive deficits...
- Modulation of tau phosphorylation by the kinase PKR: implications in Alzheimer's diseaseAnindita Bose
INSERM UMRS, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, FranceDepartments of Histology Pathology The Memory Clinical Center, Lariboisière Hospital APHP, University Paris Diderot VII, Paris, France
Brain Pathol 21:189-200. 2011..PKR could represent a crucial signaling point relaying stress signals to neuronal pathways leading to cellular degeneration in AD...
- Vasopressin synthesis by the magnocellular neurons is different in the supraoptic nucleus and in the paraventricular nucleus in human and experimental septic shockRomain Sonneville
Department of Pathology, Lariboisière Hospital AP HP, Paris Cedex 10, University Denis Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Brain Pathol 20:613-22. 2010..This may account for the inappropriate AVP release in septic shock and suggests that distinct pathogenic mechanisms operate in these nuclei...
- CD8 encephalitis in HIV-infected patients receiving cART: a treatable entityFrancois Xavier Lescure
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 57:101-8. 2013..New acute and chronic neurological complications continue to be reported...
- Severe progressive form of congenital muscular dystrophy with calf pseudohypertrophy, macroglossia and respiratory insufficiencySusana Quijano-Roy
Service de Pediatrie, Rééducation et Réanimation Neurorespiratoire, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches, France
Neuromuscul Disord 12:466-75. 2002..The known loci for congenital muscular dystrophies were excluded in the only consanguineous case by linkage analysis. Clinical, immunohistochemical and genetic findings strongly suggest a distinct entity...
- Brain damage after heat strokeCéline Bazille
Service Central d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:970-5. 2005..Ammon's horn and other areas susceptible to hypoxia were spared. These observations confirm the selective vulnerability of Purkinje cells to heat-induced injury and involvement of the cerebellar efferent pathways in palatal myoclonus...
- Pathogenesis of cerebral Cryptococcus neoformans infection after fungemiaFabrice Chretien
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Faculté de médecine Paris Ouest, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 186:522-30. 2002..Thus, our data established the relevance and interest that this experimental model has for investigation of the pathogenesis of human cryptococcal meningitis...
- [Brain biopsy in systemic diseases]Francoise Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Faculte de Medecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches
Ann Pathol 22:194-205. 2002....
- Apoptosis of neurons in cardiovascular autonomic centres triggered by inducible nitric oxide synthase after death from septic shockTarek Sharshar
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Faculté de Médecine Paris, Ile de France Ouest, Garches, France
Lancet 362:1799-805. 2003..Thus, we aimed to investigate the existence of ischaemia and apoptosis within the cerebral autonomic centres that control the cardiovascular system in patients with septic shock...
- Cortical neuronal apoptosis in CADASILAnand Viswanathan
Department of Neurology, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP Hôpital Lariboisière Université Paris VII, Paris, France
Stroke 37:2690-5. 2006..Cortical atrophy has been reported to be associated with cognitive decline in the disease, although the underlying mechanism is unknown. We postulated that apoptosis may be involved in this process...