- HIV infection in older patients in the HAART eraSophie Grabar
Service de Biostatistique et Informatique Médicale, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:4-7. 2006..Information campaigns targeting older patients and their doctors are also needed to ensure timely diagnosis of HIV infection and antiretroviral treatment initiation...
- Immunologic and clinical responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy over 50 years of age. Results from the French Hospital Database on HIVSophie Grabar
Department of Biostatistics, Cochin Hospital, University Paris V, Paris, France
AIDS 18:2029-38. 2004..To study immunologic and clinical responses to HAART in patients over 50 years old...
- Response to highly active antiretroviral therapy at 6 months and long-term disease progression in HIV-1 infectionSophie Grabar
INSERM U720, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Paris VI, and Service de Biostatistique et Informatique Médicale, Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:284-92. 2005..To compare the long-term prognostic significance of different definitions of immunologic and virologic responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) at 6 months...
- Maintaining antiretroviral therapy reduces the risk of AIDS-defining events in patients with uncontrolled viral replication and profound immunodeficiencyIsabelle Kousignian
INSERM U720, 56 Blvd Vincent Auriol, BP 335, 75625 Paris Cedex 13, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:296-304. 2008..The benefits of continuing antiretroviral therapy are questionable in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-infected patients with profound immunodeficiency and multiple treatment failure due to viral resistance...
- Impact of late presentation on the risk of death among HIV-infected people in France (2003-2009)Claire Montlahuc
INSERM U943, Paris, France UPMC Paris Univ 06 UMR S 943, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Bobigny, France Centre Hospitalier de Nanterre, Service de Medecine Interne, maladies infectieuses et rhumatologie, Nanterre, France Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Nice, Hopital de l Archet, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Nice, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Cochin, Pôle de médecine, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service de médecine interne et immunologie clinique, Clamart, France INSERM, UMR_S 996, Clamart, France Université Paris Sud, UMR_S 996, Clamart, France Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Le Trait d Union, Strasbourg, France Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Nice, Hopital de l Archet, Private Bag Rondebosch
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 64:197-203. 2013..Here, using this new definition, we examined the frequency and predictors of LP and its impact on mortality...
- Risk of Kaposi sarcoma during the first months on combination antiretroviral therapyJean Marc Lacombe
Univ Paris 06 UMR S 943, INSERM Transfert, Paris, France
AIDS 27:635-43. 2013..To determine whether incident AIDS-defining Kaposi sarcoma or Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PJP) is associated with combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) initiation...
- TET2 mutation is an independent favorable prognostic factor in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDSs)Olivier Kosmider
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hôpital Cochin Hôtel Dieu, Paris, France
Blood 114:3285-91. 2009..3; P = .005). These results indicate that TET2 mutations observed in approximately 20% of patients, irrespective of the World Health Organization or French-American-British subtype, represent a molecular marker for good prognosis in MDS...
- Differential impact of combination antiretroviral therapy in preventing Kaposi's sarcoma with and without visceral involvementSophie Grabar
Service de Biostatistique et Informatique Médicale, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3408-14. 2006..To study the impact of different potent combined antiretroviral treatment (cART) on the incidence of HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) with and without visceral involvement...
- Time to AIDS from 1992 to 1999 in HIV-1-infected subjects with known date of infectionJean Michel Tassie
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale SC4, Faculte de Medecine, St Antoine Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Epicentre, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:81-7. 2002..5, 11.2), and 20.0 years in period 3 (CI: 17.1-23.3). This lengthening in time to AIDS from 1992 to 1999 was particularly marked in the period after the introduction of triple therapy, including protease inhibitors...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Effect of early syphilis infection on plasma viral load and CD4 cell count in human immunodeficiency virus-infected men: results from the FHDH-ANRS CO4 cohortWitold Jarzebowski
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Unité de Biostatistique et Epidémiologie, Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 172:1237-43. 2012..Concomitant syphilis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is increasingly frequent in industrialized countries...
- Effect of sublingual administration of interferon-alpha on the immune response to influenza vaccination in institutionalized elderly individualsOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Vaccine 26:4073-9. 2008..At the dose tested sublingual administration of IFNalpha reduces the immune response to influenza vaccination in elderly institutionalized individuals...
- Predictive factors of response and survival in myelodysplastic syndrome treated with erythropoietin and G-CSF: the GFM experienceSophie Park
Service d Hematologie, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris, France
Blood 111:574-82. 2008....
- Use of well-defined HIV-derived epitopes to evaluate CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell responses in patients with chronic HIV-1 infection treated with HAARTNathalie Daniel
Department of Immunology, Cochin Institute, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, Rene Descartes University, Department of Internal Medicine, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:827-35. 2004..In conclusion, the experimental approach used in this study shows that CD4(+) T cell responses may persist during HAART but are not associated with strong CD8(+) T cell responses..
- Prevalence and comparative characteristics of long-term nonprogressors and HIV controller patients in the French Hospital Database on HIVSophie Grabar
INSERM U943, Bobigny, France
AIDS 23:1163-9. 2009..To estimate the prevalence and characteristics of long-term nonprogressor (LTNP) and HIV controller patients in a very large French cohort of HIV1-infected patients...
- Diphtheria, tetanus, poliomyelitis, yellow fever and hepatitis B seroprevalence among HIV1-infected migrants. Results from the ANRS VIHVO vaccine sub-studyJimmy Mullaert
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Broca Hôtel Dieu, Unité de biostatistiques et d épidémiologie, Paris, France
Vaccine 33:4938-44. 2015..Few data are available on the seroprotection status of HIV1-infected patients with respect to vaccine-preventable diseases...
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection with microsurgically retrieved spermatozoa in azoospermic men infected with human immunodeficiency virus 1 or hepatitis C virus: the EP43 AZONECO ANRS studyMarianne Leruez-Ville
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 99:713-7. 2013....
- Later cART initiation in migrant men from sub-Saharan Africa without advanced HIV disease in FranceLaure Amélie de Monteynard
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0118492. 2015..To compare the time from entry into care for HIV infection until combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) initiation between migrants and non migrants in France, excluding late access to care...
- Bacteremia and MR-proANP changes in mild community-acquired pneumoniaSolweig Guinard-Barbier
Department of Emergency Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Broca Cochin Hôtel Dieu, Paris, France
Biomarkers 16:637-41. 2011..Mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (MR-proANP) increases with severity in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). We investigated whether changes of MR-proANP correlated to bacteremia...
- Immunological efficacy of a three-dose schedule of hepatitis A vaccine in HIV-infected adults: HEPAVAC studyOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:272-5. 2008..The immunogenicity of vaccines, including vaccine against hepatitis A virus (HAV), is impaired in patients with HIV infection, requiring revised immunization regimens...
- Portal hypertension in patients with cirrhosis: indirect assessment of hepatic venous pressure gradient by measuring azygos flow with 2D-cine phase-contrast magnetic resonance imagingHervé Gouya
Department of Radiology, Hôpital Cochin and Paris Descartes University, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 27 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75014, Paris, France
Eur Radiol 26:1981-90. 2016..To measure azygos, portal and aortic flow by two-dimensional cine phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging (2D-cine PC MRI), and to compare the MRI values to hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) measurements, in patients with cirrhosis...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α blockade in recurrent and disabling chronic sciatica associated with post-operative peridural lumbar fibrosis: results of a double-blind, placebo randomized controlled studyChristelle Nguyen
Univ Paris Descartes, PRES Sorbonne Paris Cité, service de rééducation et réadaptation de l appareil locomoteur et des pathologies du rachis, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Res Ther 17:330. 2015....
- Cyclin E correlates with malignancy and adverse prognosis in adrenocortical tumorsFrederique Tissier
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 150:809-17. 2004..In many cases, the prognosis of an adrenocortical tumor cannot be determined from pathologic findings alone. We investigated cyclin E levels as a potential marker...
- The effect of erythropoietin on allogeneic blood requirement in patients undergoing elective liver resection: a model simulationClaude Lentschener
Departments of Anesthesia and Critical Care, université Paris V René Descartes, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Anesth Analg 98:921-6, table of contents. 2004..02). rHuEPO administration to these 66 patients would have cost 186000 Euro. The 63 RBC saved would have cost 10,710 Euro...
- Do patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease benefit from a psycho-educational programme for family caregivers? A randomised controlled studyJocelyne De Rotrou
Broca Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:833-42. 2011....
- Accuracy of C-reactive protein, procalcitonin, and mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide to guide site of care of community-acquired pneumoniaYann Erick Claessens
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hopital Cochin, APHP, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, Paris Cedex 14, France
Intensive Care Med 36:799-809. 2010..The use at bedside of C-reactive protein (CRP), procalcitonin (PCT) or mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) has been advocated to help management of patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) in emergency medicine...
- Respective roles of acquired and congenital infections in presumed ocular toxoplasmosisEmmanuelle Delair
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Am J Ophthalmol 146:851-5. 2008..To analyze the roles of acquired or congenital infections in cases of ocular toxoplasmosis, and to compare their clinical manifestations...
- Plasma levels and expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-A in human localized prostate cancerMichael Peyromaure
Department of Urology, Cichin Hospital, Paris, France
Oncol Rep 18:145-9. 2007..01). Our results suggest that the expression of VEGF may have a prognostic impact in clinically-localized PCa...
- Emergence of HIV-1 mutated strains after interruption of highly active antiretroviral therapy in chronically infected patientsNathalie Daniel
AIDS 17:2126-9. 2003
- The changing incidence of AIDS events in patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyAntonella d'Arminio Monforte
ICONA, Institute of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Milan, Italy
Arch Intern Med 165:416-23. 2005....
- Long-term outcome of pediatric liver transplantation for biliary atresia: a 10-year follow-up in a single centerVirginie Fouquet
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Liver Transpl 11:152-60. 2005..In conclusion, we discovered that a good long-term survival could be achieved after liver transplantation for BA, with a 82% survival rate at 10 years with normal scholastic studies in the majority of recipients...
- Incidence of Tuberculosis among HIV-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy in Europe and North AmericaEnrico Girardi
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive L Spallanzani IRCCS, Via Portuense 292, 00149 Rome, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 41:1772-82. 2005..We obtained estimates of the incidence of tuberculosis (TB) among patients receiving HAART and identified determinants of the incidence...