- Stepwise release of biologically active HMGB1 during HSV-2 infectionChloé Borde
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM, UMRS872, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e16145. 2011..We therefore investigated the dynamics and biological effects of HMGB1 during HSV-2 infection of epithelial HEC-1 cells...
- Complete cure of HBV-HDV co-infection after 24weeks of combination therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in a patient co-infected with HBV/HCV/HDV/HIVJoel Gozlan
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
J Hepatol 50:432-4. 2009..An unexpected and extensive HDV replication was observed in this patient after HBs Ag had cleared from the serum, which was followed by a stable halt in HDV replication. Implications of this unusual observation will be discussed...
- Comparison of the antiviral activity of adefovir and tenofovir on hepatitis B virus in HIV-HBV-coinfected patientsKarine Lacombe
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 13:705-13. 2008..Characteristics and factors influencing viral decay under tenofovir (TDF) and adefovir (ADV) need to be determined in HIV-HBV-coinfected patients...
- High incidence of treatment-induced and vaccine-escape hepatitis B virus mutants among human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis B-infected patientsKarine Lacombe
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Hepatology 58:912-22. 2013..88; 95% CI, 0.79-0.98). No major liver-related complications (e.g., fulminant hepatitis, decompensated liver, and hepatocellular carcinoma) were observed in patients with incident mutations...
- Major role of hepatitis B genotypes in liver fibrosis during coinfection with HIVKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:419-27. 2006..Little is know about the determinants of liver fibrosis progression and genomic variability in hepatitis B virus (HBV) in HIV/HBV-coinfected patients...
- Kinetics of hepatitis B surface and envelope antigen and prediction of treatment response to tenofovir in antiretroviral-experienced HIV-hepatitis B virus-infected patientsSarah Maylin
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
AIDS 26:939-49. 2012..Although their quantification is useful for other antivirals, such has not been the case with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), particularly in HIV infection...
- Current state of and needs for hepatitis B screening: results of a large screening study in a low-prevalent, metropolitan regionJulie Bottero
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital St Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e92266. 2014..We aimed to evaluate whether (i) previous HBV-testing, (ii) physicians decision to screen, and (iii) CDC's recommendations identified infected individuals and which risk-factor groups needing testing...
- Drug-resistant and immune-escape HBV mutants in HIV-infected hostsKarine Lacombe
INSERM, UMR S707, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 15:493-7. 2010..For patients coinfected with HIV, hepatitis B treatment options that aim to reduce the risk of HBV mutations from emerging must be seriously considered, not only from clinical but also public health perspectives...
- A high-sensitivity method for detection and measurement of HMGB1 protein concentration by high-affinity binding to DNA hemicatenanesClaire Gaillard
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2855. 2008..A prerequisite for such studies is the ability to detect HMGB1 in blood or other biological fluids and to accurately measure its concentration...
- Advanced glycation end products inhibit both infection and transmission in trans of HIV-1 from monocyte-derived dendritic cells to autologous T cellsNadine Nasreddine
INSERM Unité 743, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris F 75006, France
J Immunol 186:5687-95. 2011..Taken together, our results suggest that AGEs can play an inhibiting role in HIV-1 infection in patients who accumulate circulating AGEs, including patients treated with protease inhibitors that developed diabetes...
- Immediate-early antigen expression and modulation of apoptosis after in vitro infection of polymorphonuclear leukocytes by human cytomegalovirusCorinne Saez-Lopez
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie virologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Microbes Infect 7:1139-49. 2005..These data suggest that PMNL play a key role in virus dissemination in vivo, through their interactions with infected endothelial cells...
- Cell cycle arrest in G2 induces human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transcriptional activation through histone acetylation and recruitment of CBP, NF-kappaB, and c-Jun to the long terminal repeat promoterSylvain Thierry
UMR 7079, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 quai Saint Bernard, 75005 Paris, France
J Virol 78:12198-206. 2004..NF-kappaB and/or c-Jun binding to the LTR in G(2)-arrested cells appears to be required for CBP recruitment as well as for nuc-1 remodeling and viral reactivation...
- Impact of chronic hepatitis C and/or D on liver fibrosis severity in patients co-infected with HIV and hepatitis B virusKarine Lacombe
INSERM, UMR S707, Paris, F 75012, France
AIDS 21:2546-9. 2007..02, 95% CI = 1.03-97.42 for HBV-HCV-HDV, compared to OR = 1.76, 95% CI = 0.50-6.17 for HBV alone]. Co-treatment of other multiple viral hepatitis infections should also be taken into consideration, especially in the case of chronic HDV...
- High-mobility group box 1 protein induces HIV-1 expression from persistently infected cellsSylvain Thierry
UMR 7079, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS 21:283-92. 2007..We focused on HMGB1, an abundant component of the chromatin that is released from necrotic cells and can act as a pro-inflammatory mediator...
- The effect of HMGB1, a damage-associated molecular pattern molecule, on polymorphonuclear neutrophil migration depends on its concentrationFlorence Berthelot
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR S 872 et Université Paris Descartes, UMR S 872, INSERM, Paris, France
J Innate Immun 4:41-58. 2012..The A box component could potentially serve to inhibit inappropriate PMN recruitment during chronic inflammatory disorders associated with excessive HMGB1 release...
- Performance of rapid tests for detection of HBsAg and anti-HBsAb in a large cohort, FranceJulie Bottero
INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
J Hepatol 58:473-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of such tests for HBsAg and anti-HBsAb detection among individuals visiting a variety of healthcare centers located in a low HBV-prevalent area...
- Epidemiological, virological and clinical characteristics of HBV infection in 223 HIV co-infected patients: a French multi-centre collaborative studyVincent Thibault
Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Virol J 10:87. 2013....
- Rates and determinants of hepatitis B 'e' antigen and hepatitis B surface antigen seroclearance during long-term follow-up of patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis B virusAnders Boyd
aINSERM, UMR_S1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique bLaboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP cUPMC UMRS CR7, INSERM U1135 CIMI, Paris dCentre de Recherche sur le Cancer de Lyon, Equipes 15 et 16, INSERM, Unité 1052, CNRS, UMR 5286 eService des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon fService des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP gDepartment of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, Paris hHepatology Unit, Hospices Civils de Lyon iUniversité de Lyon, Lyon jSorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France
AIDS 29:1963-73. 2015....
- Bipolar hypertrophic herpes: an unusual presentation of acyclovir-resistant herpes simplex type 2 in a HIV-infected patientKarine Cury
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 37:126-8. 2010..Treatment with valacyclovir, cidofovir, and thalidomide failed and surgical excision was required...
- Long-term hepatitis B virus dynamics in HIV-hepatitis B virus-co-infected patients treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarateKarine Lacombe
INSERM U707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 27 rue de Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
AIDS 19:907-15. 2005..The long-term impact of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) on hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication has not yet been studied in HIV-HBV-co-infected patients...