- Maintenance of fungal pathogen species that are specialized to different hosts: allopatric divergence and introgression through secondary contactPierre Gladieux
Laboratoire Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, Univ Paris Sud, UMR8079, Orsay, France
Mol Biol Evol 28:459-71. 2011..Our study highlights the consequences of bringing closely related pathogens into contact, which is increasing through modern global changes and favors cross-species disease transmission, hybridization, and introgression by pathogens...
- Purifying selection after episodes of recurrent adaptive diversification in fungal pathogensPierre Gladieux
Laboratoire Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, Univ Paris Sud, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
Infect Genet Evol 17:123-31. 2013..These results suggest that genes experiencing episodes of adaptive diversification during host shifts may subsequently be under strong functional constraint, although some can remain under positive selection in the short term...
- Host-specific differentiation among populations of Venturia inaequalis causing scab on apple, pyracantha and loquatP Gladieux
INRA, UMR 077, 42 rue George Morel, Beaucouze, France
Fungal Genet Biol 47:511-21. 2010..These findings support a scenario of recent divergence in allopatry followed by introgression through secondary contact, with groups from loquat and pyracantha being the most recently differentiated...
- Emergence of novel fungal pathogens by ecological speciation: importance of the reduced viability of immigrantsPierre Gladieux
INRA, UMR PaVé, B P 57, 42 rue Georges Morel, F49071 Beaucouzé, France
Mol Ecol 20:4521-32. 2011..Additional intrinsic and extrinsic postzygotic barriers might complete reproductive isolation and explain why the rare migrants and F1 hybrids detected do not lead to pervasive gene flow across years...
- Postglacial recolonization history of the European crabapple (Malus sylvestris Mill.), a wild contributor to the domesticated appleA Cornille
CNRS, Laboratoire Ecologie Systematique et Evolution, UMR8079, Orsay, France
Mol Ecol 22:2249-63. 2013..Admixture between these three populations was found in their suture zones. A weak isolation by distance pattern was detected within each population, indicating a high extent of historical gene flow for the European crabapple...
- The genetic structure of the plant pathogenic fungus Melampsora larici-populina on its wild host is extensively impacted by host domesticationC Xhaard
INRA, Nancy Universite, UMR 1136 Interactions Arbres Microorganismes, F 54280 Champenoux, France
Mol Ecol 20:2739-55. 2011..larici-populina populations evolving on the wild host...
- Migration patterns and changes in population biology associated with the worldwide spread of the oilseed rape pathogen Leptosphaeria maculansA Dilmaghani
INRA, UR1290 BIOGER, Avenue Lucien Brétignières, BP 01, F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Mol Ecol 21:2519-33. 2012....
- The population biology of fungal invasionsP Gladieux
Ecologie, Systematique et Evolution, Universite Paris Sud, Batiment 360, F 91405, Orsay, France CNRS, 91405, Orsay, France
Mol Ecol 24:1969-86. 2015....