Genomes and Genes
Jean Antoine Girault
- Nodes of ranvier and paranodes in chronic acquired neuropathiesCarmen Cifuentes-Diaz
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 839, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e14533. 2011..Marked differences were observed between CIDP and CIAP and the alterations in paranodin immunofluorescence may be an interesting tool for their differential diagnosis...
- ERK2: a logical AND gate critical for drug-induced plasticity?Jean Antoine Girault
INSERM, UMR S536, F 75005, Paris, France
Curr Opin Pharmacol 7:77-85. 2007..We suggest that the ERK2 pathway acts as a logical AND gate, permissive for plasticity, in neurons on which dopamine-mediated reward signals and glutamate-mediated contextual information converge...
- The neurobiology of dopamine signalingJean Antoine Girault
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Unit 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 61:641-4. 2004..Recent findings allow us to identify molecules that may represent future therapeutic targets in neurology and psychiatry...
- Opposing patterns of signaling activation in dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-expressing striatal neurons in response to cocaine and haloperidolJesus Bertran-Gonzalez
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:5671-85. 2008....
- Mechanisms of locomotor sensitization to drugs of abuse in a two-injection protocolEmmanuel Valjent
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:401-15. 2010..It provides a simple and sensitive paradigm to study the mechanisms of long-term effects of drugs of abuse...
- Regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase by cannabinoids in hippocampusPascal Derkinderen
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Pierre et Marie Curie U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France 75005
J Neurosci 23:2371-82. 2003....
- Quantitative changes in Galphaolf protein levels, but not D1 receptor, alter specifically acute responses to psychostimulantsJean Christophe Corvol
INSERM, U536, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1109-21. 2007....
- Regulation of a protein phosphatase cascade allows convergent dopamine and glutamate signals to activate ERK in the striatumEmmanuel Valjent
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale and Université Pierre et Marie Curie U536, Signal Transduction and Plasticity in the Nervous System, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:491-6. 2005....
- PIAS1-mediated sumoylation of focal adhesion kinase activates its autophosphorylationGress Kadaré
INSERM UPMC U536, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 278:47434-40. 2003..These observations show that sumoylation controls the activity of a protein kinase and suggest that FAK may play a novel role in signaling between the plasma membrane and the nucleus...
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate-independent tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2B mediates cocaine-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase activationVincent Pascoli
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche, Paris, France
Biol Psychiatry 69:218-27. 2011..However, the mechanisms responsible for this activation, especially the respective contribution of D1R and NMDAR, remain unknown...
- Association of Caspr/paranodin with tumour suppressor schwannomin/merlin and beta1 integrin in the central nervous systemNatalia Denisenko-Nehrbass
INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France
J Neurochem 84:209-21. 2003..Since integrin beta1 and schwannomin do not appear to be enriched in paranodes they may be quantitatively minor partners of paranodin in these regions and/or be associated with paranodin at other locations...
- Depolarization activates ERK and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2) independently in different cellular compartments in hippocampal slicesJean Christophe Corvol
Signal Transduction and Plasticity in the Nervous System Unit, INSERM Université Pierre et Marie Curie U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 280:660-8. 2005....
- A phosphatase cascade by which rewarding stimuli control nucleosomal responseAlexandre Stipanovich
INSERM, UMR S 839, 75005 Paris, France
Nature 453:879-84. 2008..Mutation of Ser 97 profoundly alters behavioural effects of drugs of abuse and decreases motivation for food, underlining the functional importance of this signalling cascade...
- Inhibition of ERK pathway or protein synthesis during reexposure to drugs of abuse erases previously learned place preferenceEmmanuel Valjent
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U536, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2932-7. 2006..These results suggest potential therapeutic strategies to explore in the context of addiction...
- Addictive and non-addictive drugs induce distinct and specific patterns of ERK activation in mouse brainEmmanuel Valjent
Signal Transduction and Plasticity in the Nervous System, INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 19:1826-36. 2004....
- Pyk2 cytonuclear localization: mechanisms and regulation by serine dephosphorylationCamille Faure
INSERM, UMR S 839, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:137-52. 2013..Our results elucidate the mechanisms of Ca(2+)-induced nuclear accumulation of Pyk2. They also suggest that Pyk2 nuclear accumulation is a novel type of signaling response that may contribute to specific long-term adaptations in neurons...
- Signaling in striatal neurons: the phosphoproteins of reward, addiction, and dyskinesiaJean Antoine Girault
Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris, France
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 106:33-62. 2012..It is hypothesized that these pathways are particularly adapted to the specific computing properties of MSNs and the function of the basal ganglia circuits in which they participate...
- Protein 4.1B contributes to the organization of peripheral myelinated axonsCarmen Cifuentes-Diaz
INSERM, UMR S 839, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25043. 2011..Thus, our results show that in myelinated axons 4.1B contributes to the stabilization of membrane proteins at paranodes, to the clustering of juxtaparanodal proteins, and to the regulation of the internodal axon caliber...
- cAMP and extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in response to d-amphetamine and methylphenidate in the prefrontal cortex in vivo: role of beta 1-adrenoceptorsVincent Pascoli
INSERM UPMC UMR 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 68:421-9. 2005..This activation could have behavioral consequences and contribute to the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- Protein 4.1B associates with both Caspr/paranodin and Caspr2 at paranodes and juxtaparanodes of myelinated fibresNatalia Denisenko-Nehrbass
INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17, rue du Fer à Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 17:411-6. 2003..Our results provide strong evidence for the association of 4.1B with Caspr/paranodin at paranodes and with Caspr2 at juxtaparanodes. We propose that 4.1B anchors these axonal proteins to the actin-based cytoskeleton in these two regions...
- Integrating neurotransmission in striatal medium spiny neuronsJean Antoine Girault
Institut du Fer a Moulin, UMR S 839, INSERM and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 970:407-29. 2012....
- Alternative splicing controls the mechanisms of FAK autophosphorylationMadeleine Toutant
INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Cell Biol 22:7731-43. 2002..Our results clarify the mechanisms of FAK activation and show how alternative splicing can dramatically alter the mechanism of autophosphorylation of a protein kinase...
- Role of cannabinoid type 1 receptors in locomotor activity and striatal signaling in response to psychostimulantsAnne Gaëlle Corbillé
INSERM, U839, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 27:6937-47. 2007....
- Role of the ERK pathway in psychostimulant-induced locomotor sensitizationEmmanuel Valjent
INSERM, U536, F 75005, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6, F 75005, Paris
BMC Neurosci 7:20. 2006....
- Looking BAC at striatal signaling: cell-specific analysis in new transgenic miceEmmanuel Valjent
INSERM, UMR S 839, 75005 Paris, France
Trends Neurosci 32:538-47. 2009..Thus, BAC transgenic mice are changing the way to conceive experiments and provide an opportunity to fill the gaps between molecular and systems neurosciences...
- FAK dimerization controls its kinase-dependent functions at focal adhesionsKaren Brami-Cherrier
Inserm UMR S839, Paris, France
EMBO J 33:356-70. 2014..Our results provide a structural and mechanistic framework to explain how FAK combines multiple stimuli into a site-specific function. The dimer interfaces we describe are promising targets for blocking FAK activation...
- Syndecan-3 and syndecan-4 are enriched in Schwann cell perinodal processesLaurence Goutebroze
INSERM U536, UPMC, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
BMC Neurosci 4:29. 2003..The aim of this study is to identify by immunocytochemistry transmembrane proteins enriched in Schwann cells processes that could interact, directly or indirectly, with axonal proteins...
- Striatal medium-sized spiny neurons: identification by nuclear staining and study of neuronal subpopulations in BAC transgenic miceMiriam Matamales
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4770. 2009..It also unambiguously confirms the degree of segregation of MSNs in the mouse striatum and allows the full exploitation of results obtained with BAC-transgenic mice...
- [Cellular contacts in myelinated fibers of the peripheral nervous system]Ksenia Oguievetskaia
Laboratoire de transduction du signal et plasticité dans le système nerveux, Inserm U 536 et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17, rue du Fer à Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 21:162-9. 2005..Understanding more precisely their molecular basis now appears essential as a requisite step to further examine their involvement in the pathogenesis of peripheral neuropathies in general...
- A molecular view on paranodal junctions of myelinated fibersNatalia Denisenko-Nehrbass
INSERM U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
J Physiol Paris 96:99-103. 2002..Thus, paranodin plays a central role in the assembly of multiprotein complexes necessary for the formation and maintenance of paranodal junctions...
- The cytoskeleton-associated protein SCHIP1 is involved in axon guidance, and is required for piriform cortex and anterior commissure developmentEsther Klingler
INSERM, UMR S 839, Paris F 75005, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris F 75005, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris F 75005, France
Development 142:2026-36. 2015..Thus, our results reveal new evidence for the involvement of cortical cytoskeleton-associated proteins in the regulation of axon development and their importance for the formation of neuronal circuits. ..
- Conformational dynamics of the focal adhesion targeting domain control specific functions of focal adhesion kinase in cellsGress Kadaré
From the INSERM, UMR S 839, F 75005 Paris, France, the Université Pierre and Marie Curie UPMC, Sorbonne Universités, F 75005 Paris, France, the Institut du Fer à Moulin, F 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 290:478-91. 2015..In contrast, the mutation preventing H1 opening markedly impaired FAK function. Our data support the biological importance of conformational dynamics of the FAT domain and its functional interactions with other parts of the molecule. ..
- Persistent increase in olfactory type G-protein alpha subunit levels may underlie D1 receptor functional hypersensitivity in Parkinson diseaseJean Christophe Corvol
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Pierre et Marie Curie Unité 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 24:7007-14. 2004..In conclusion, our results revealed in the parkinsonian putamen a prolonged elevation of Galphaolf levels that may lead to a persistent D1 receptor hypersensitivity and contribute to the genesis of long-term complications of L-dopa...
- Role of the ERK/MSK1 signalling pathway in chromatin remodelling and brain responses to drugs of abuseKaren Brami-Cherrier
UMR 7102, CNRS, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie des Processus Adaptatifs, corrected Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Neurochem 108:1323-35. 2009..Thus, ERK plays a dual role in gene regulation and drug addiction by direct activation of transcription factors and by chromatin remodelling...
- Schwannomin-interacting protein-1 isoform IQCJ-SCHIP-1 is a late component of nodes of Ranvier and axon initial segmentsPierre Marie Martin
Unité Mixte de Recherche S 839, INSERM, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Institut du Fer a Moulin, Paris 75005, France
J Neurosci 28:6111-7. 2008..We suggest that IQCJ-SCHIP-1 might participate, along with AnkG and betaIV-spectrin, in the stabilization or function of the multimolecular complexes of AISs and NRs, possibly by participating in Ca(2+)-mediated responses...
- Development of nodes of RanvierJean Antoine Girault
INSERM U 536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurobiol 12:476-85. 2002....
- Transient and rapid activation of Akt/GSK-3β and mTORC1 signaling by D3 dopamine receptor stimulation in dorsal striatum and nucleus accumbensMarie Josèphe Salles
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
J Neurochem 125:532-44. 2013..This effect may contribute to the influence of D3R ligands on reward, cognition, and processes disrupted in schizophrenia, drug abuse, and Parkinson's disease...
- FAK and PYK2 interact with SAP90/PSD-95-Associated Protein-3Lucilla Bongiorno-Borbone
INSERM, U536, Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:641-6. 2005..Our results suggest that SAPAP3 is an anchoring protein for FAK and PYK2 in post-synaptic densities and may contribute to the synaptic function of these tyrosine kinases...
- Calcineurin is essential for depolarization-induced nuclear translocation and tyrosine phosphorylation of PYK2 in neuronsCamille Faure
INSERM, U839, Paris F 75005, France
J Cell Sci 120:3034-44. 2007..We suggest that PYK2 exerts some of its actions in the nucleus and that the effects of calcineurin inhibitors may involve PYK2 inhibition...
- Selective Effects of PDE10A Inhibitors on Striatopallidal Neurons Require Phosphatase Inhibition by DARPP-32(1,2,3)Marina Polito
CNRS, UMR8256 Biological Adaptation and Ageing, Institut de Biologie Paris Seine IBPS, F 75005 Paris, France Universit Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris 6, Sorbonne Universit s, Paris, F 75005, France
Eneuro 2:. 2015..This study shows that PDE10A inhibitors share with antipsychotic medications the property of activating preferentially PKA-dependent signaling in D2 MSNs...
- Role of the plasticity-associated transcription factor zif268 in the early phase of instrumental learningMatthieu Maroteaux
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e81868. 2014..In conclusion, Zif268 participates in the processes underlying performance and motivation to execute food-conditioned instrumental task. ..
- Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 1 is required for specific signaling responses in dopamine-denervated mouse striatum, but is not necessary for L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaCristina Alcacer
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Sorbonne Universités, Paris, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 583:76-80. 2014..In conclusion, l-DOPA-induced activation of MSK1 contributes to histone H3 phosphorylation, induction of FosB, and Gαolf up-regulation but appears not to be necessary for the development of LID. ..
- Transmembrane scaffolding proteins in the formation and stability of nodes of RanvierJean Antoine Girault
Signal Transduction and Plasticity in the Nervous, System Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, INSERM UPMC U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, rue du Fer à Moulin, Paris, France
Biol Cell 95:447-52. 2003....
- Organization and post-transcriptional processing of focal adhesion kinase geneJean Marc Corsi
Unité Mixte de Recherche Santé UMR S 536, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM F 75005, Paris, France
BMC Genomics 7:198. 2006..Here, we study the phylogeny of FAK, the organization of its gene, and its post-transcriptional processing in rodents and human...
- Histone H3 phosphorylation is under the opposite tonic control of dopamine D2 and adenosine A2A receptors in striatopallidal neuronsJesus Bertran-Gonzalez
INSERM, UMR S 839, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1710-20. 2009..Thus, blockade of D2Rs promotes histone H3 phosphorylation through the A2AR-mediated activation of Galpha(olf) and inhibition of protein phosphatase-1 (PP-1) through the PKA-dependent phosphorylation of DARPP-32...
- Pyk2 is essential for astrocytes mobility following brain lesionAlbert Giralt
Inserm UMR S839, Paris, 75005, France
Glia 64:620-34. 2016..This work shows the critical role of Pyk2 in astrocytes migration during wound healing...
- Acute drug-induced spine changes in the nucleus accumbens are dependent on β-adducinOlivia Engmann
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, 75005, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC, université Paris 06, Paris, 75005, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris, 75005, France
Neuropharmacology 110:333-42. 2016..Our data provide novel insights on how a single dose of widely used psychoactive drugs can affect spine plasticity in the nucleus accumbens, a component of the reward system. ..
- Gene expression analyses identify Narp contribution in the development of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaFanny Charbonnier-Beaupel
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Paris, France, INSERM, UMR S 1127, ICM, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France, CNRS, UMR 7225, 75013 Paris, France, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Pharmacy, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 35:96-111. 2015..Here, we demonstrate the implication of one of these genes, Nptx2, in the development of LID...
- PKA-dependent phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6 does not correlate with translation efficiency in striatonigral and striatopallidal medium-sized spiny neuronsAnne Biever
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5203, Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Montpellier, F 34094, France, INSERM, U1191, Montpellier, F 34094, France Université de Montpellier, Montpellier, F 34094, France
J Neurosci 35:4113-30. 2015....
- Fluorescence-activated sorting of fixed nuclei: a general method for studying nuclei from specific cell populations that preserves post-translational modificationsLucile Marion-Poll
Inserm UMR S 839, Paris, France Université Pierre and Marie Curie, Sorbonne Universités, Paris, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 39:1234-44. 2014..FAST-FIN allows the preservation and study of dynamic and labile post-translational protein modifications. It should be applicable to other tissues and species, and allow study of DNA and its modifications. ..
- Haloperidol-induced Nur77 expression in striatopallidal neurons is under the control of protein phosphatase 1 regulation by DARPP-32Natalia Sánchez
Millennium Nucleus in Stress and Addiction NEDA, Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile Inserm, UMR S 839, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris, France
Neuropharmacology 79:559-66. 2014..Our results clarify the mechanisms of Nur77 induction by antipsychotic and its possible contribution to extrapyramidal effects. ..
- Tumor suppressor schwannomin/merlin is critical for the organization of Schwann cell contacts in peripheral nervesNatalia Denisenko
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 839, Paris, 75005, France
J Neurosci 28:10472-81. 2008..Thus, schwannomin plays an important role in the control of Schwann cell number and is necessary for the correct organization and regulation of axoglial heterotypic and glio-glial autotypic contacts...
- Gα(olf) mutation allows parsing the role of cAMP-dependent and extracellular signal-regulated kinase-dependent signaling in L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesiaCristina Alcacer
Inserm UMR S 839, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 32:5900-10. 2012..In contrast, the persistence of L-DOPA-induced ERK activation in Gnal⁺/⁻ mice supports its causal role in LID development...
- Unilateral Lesion of Dopamine Neurons Induces Grooming Asymmetry in the MouseAssunta Pelosi
Inserm UMR S 839, 75005, Paris, France Institut du Fer à Moulin, 75005, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC, Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0137185. 2015..Our study also suggests grooming analysis as an additional method to screen parkinsonism in animal models. ..
- [Paranodal junctions of myelinated fibers: site of anchorage and interactions]Catherine Lubetzki
Med Sci (Paris) 19:22-4. 2003
- Neurofascin is a glial receptor for the paranodin/Caspr-contactin axonal complex at the axoglial junctionPerrine Charles
INSERM U 495, Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, UPMC, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Curr Biol 12:217-20. 2002..These results demonstrate that the paranodin/Caspr-contactin complex interacts biochemically with NF155 and that this interaction is likely to be biologically relevant at the axoglial junction...
- The paranodal complex of F3/contactin and caspr/paranodin traffics to the cell surface via a non-conventional pathwayCarine Bonnon
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neuropathologie, FRE 2533 CNRS, Institut Jean Roche, 13916 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 278:48339-47. 2003..Our results indicate a Golgi-independent pathway for the paranodal cell adhesion complex that may be implicated in the segregation of axonal subdomains...
- Association of TAG-1 with Caspr2 is essential for the molecular organization of juxtaparanodal regions of myelinated fibersMaria Traka
Department of Basic Science, University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
J Cell Biol 162:1161-72. 2003..This complex is analogous to that described previously at paranodes, suggesting that similar molecules are crucial for different types of axo-glial interactions...
- F3/contactin, a neuronal cell adhesion molecule implicated in axogenesis and myelinationJulien Falk
Neurogenèse et Morphogenèse dans Développement et chez l Adulte, UMR 6156, IBDM, Marseille, France
Biol Cell 94:327-34. 2002..Finally, the recent identification of a Drosophila homologue of F3/contactin indicated that this family of GPI-anchored CAMs plays a conserved function in axonal insulation...
- DARPP-32: an integrator of neurotransmissionPer Svenningsson
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 44:269-96. 2004....
- Critical involvement of cAMP/DARPP-32 and extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase signaling in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaEmanuela Santini
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 27:6995-7005. 2007....
- The role of DARPP-32 in the actions of drugs of abuseAngus C Nairn
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuropharmacology 47:14-23. 2004..This review focuses on the critical role that DARPP-32 plays in mediating the actions of a broad range of drugs of abuse...
- Phosphorylation of arfaptin 2 at Ser260 by Akt Inhibits PolyQ-huntingtin-induced toxicity by rescuing proteasome impairmentHélène Rangone
UMR 146 CNRS Institut Curie, Centre Universitaire, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 280:22021-8. 2005..This study points out a new mechanism by which Akt promotes neuroprotection in HD, emphasizing the potential therapeutic interest of this pathway in the disease...
- Plasticity-associated gene Krox24/Zif268 is required for long-lasting behavioral effects of cocaineEmmanuel Valjent
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 536, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 26:4956-60. 2006..They also underline the common molecular machinery involved in long-lasting drug-induced behavioral alterations and the formation of other types of memory...
- Parsing molecular and behavioral effects of cocaine in mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1-deficient miceKaren Brami-Cherrier
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 25:11444-54. 2005..Our results show that MSK1 is a major striatal kinase, downstream from ERK, responsible for the phosphorylation of CREB and H3 and is required specifically for the induction of c-Fos and dynorphin as well as for locomotor sensitization...
- Adenylate cyclase 1 as a key actor in the refinement of retinal projection mapsAnne Ravary
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unite 106, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris, France
J Neurosci 23:2228-38. 2003..Calcium-modulated cAMP production in the RGCs could constitute an important link between activity-dependent changes and the anatomical restructuring of the retinal terminal arbors within central targets...
- DARPP-32 is a robust integrator of dopamine and glutamate signalsEric Fernandez
EMBL EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, United Kingdom
PLoS Comput Biol 2:e176. 2006..Progressive inclusion of additional components should lead to a realistic model of signalling networks underlying the function of striatal neurons...
- The translocation of focal adhesion kinase in brain synaptosomes is regulated by phosphorylation and actin assemblyLucilla Bongiorno-Borbone
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Human Physiology, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto, Genova, Italy
J Neurochem 81:1212-22. 2002....
- PGY repeats and N-glycans govern the trafficking of paranodin and its selective association with contactin and neurofascin-155Carine Bonnon
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie, CNRS UMR 6184, Universite de la Mediterranee, Institut Jean Roche, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Mol Biol Cell 18:229-41. 2007..Thus, the unconventional processing of paranodin and contactin may determine the selective association of axo-glial complexes at paranodes...
- MafA transcription factor is phosphorylated by p38 MAP kinaseKarine Sii-Felice
UMR 146 CNRS Institut Curie, Batiment 110, Centre Universitaire, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
FEBS Lett 579:3547-54. 2005..Furthermore, we show that p38 also phosphorylates MafB and c-Maf. Together, these findings suggest that the p38 MAP kinase pathway is a novel regulator of large Maf transcription factors...
- Specific interactions of neuronal focal adhesion kinase isoforms with Src kinases and amphiphysinSamantha Messina
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Human Physiology, University of Genova, Italy
J Neurochem 84:253-65. 2003....
- Differential regulation of Cdc2 and Aurora-A in Xenopus oocytes: a crucial role of phosphatase 2AGilliane Maton
Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, UMR CNRS 7622, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Boite 24, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris, Cedex 5, France
J Cell Sci 118:2485-94. 2005..This strongly suggests that in Xenopus oocytes, Aurora-A activation is mainly controlled by the specific stimulation of kinases under the control of Cdc2 and not by downregulation of phosphatase...
- [Drugs of abuse, protein phosphatases, and ERK pathway]Emmanuel Valjent
Med Sci (Paris) 21:453-4. 2005
- Focal adhesion kinase pp125FAK interacts with the large conductance calcium-activated hSlo potassium channel in human osteoblasts: potential role in mechanotransductionRoger Rezzonico
Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U364, Nice, France
J Bone Miner Res 18:1863-71. 2003..We show that the mechanosensitive BK channels open and recruit the focal adhesion kinase FAK in osteoblasts on hypotonic shock. This could convert mechanical signals in biochemical events, leading to osteoblast activation...