Affiliation: GIP Cyceron
- Neural basis of mental scanning of a topographic representation built from a textE Mellet
CNRS UMR 6995, Université de Caen and Université Paris V, BP 5227, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Cereb Cortex 12:1322-30. 2002..These results suggest that although both tasks involved visuo-spatial internal representation, a trace of the learning modality remained present in the brain...
- Left hemisphere lateralization for language in right-handers is controlled in part by familial sinistrality, manual preference strength, and head sizeNathalie Tzourio-Mazoyer
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6232, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique France, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, France
J Neurosci 30:13314-8. 2010..These results demonstrate that the left hemisphere dominance for language in right-handers is a variable controlled, in part, by a number of specific factors, including FS, MPS, and head size...
- Reopening the mental imagery debate: lessons from functional anatomyE Mellet
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UPRES EA 2127, Caen Cedex, 14074, France
Neuroimage 8:129-39. 1998..This body of recent results indicates that there is no unique mental imagery cortical network; rather, it reflects the high degree of interaction between mental imagery and other cognitive functions...
- Functional anatomy of high-resolution visual mental imageryE Mellet
GIN GIP Cyceron, BP 5229, 14074 Caen Cedex France
J Cogn Neurosci 12:98-109. 2000..These results provide strong evidence that imagery based on verbal descriptions can recruit regions known to be engaged in high-order visual processing...
- When a schizophrenic deficit becomes a reasoning advantageEmmanuel Mellet
UMR 6194, CNRS, CEA, Université de Caen and Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, France
Schizophr Res 84:359-64. 2006..This finding demonstrates that there are some problem solving situations where disregarding contextual information, a cognitive deficit that usually impairs schizophrenic patients gives them a cognitive advantage over healthy controls...
- First came the trees, then the forest: developmental changes during childhood in the processing of visual local-global patterns according to the meaningfulness of the stimuliNicolas Poirel
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Unite Mixte de Recherche 6194, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Universite de Caen and Universite Paris Descarte
Dev Psychol 44:245-53. 2008..However, in younger children, this interference existed even when objects were present at all levels, suggesting that the strategy used to perform the comparison task also varied according to age...
- Impact of the virtual reality on the neural representation of an environmentEmmanuel Mellet
CI NAPS, UMR 6232, CNRS, CEA, Universite de Caen, Caen, France
Hum Brain Mapp 31:1065-75. 2010..This demonstrated that a neural fingerprint distinguishing virtual from real learning persists when subjects use a mental representation of the learnt environment with equivalent performances...
- What is right-hemisphere contribution to phonological, lexico-semantic, and sentence processing? Insights from a meta-analysisM Vigneau
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UMR CI NAPS 6232, CNRS CEA, GIP Cyceron, Caen, France
Neuroimage 54:577-93. 2011..These results are consistent with split-brain studies that found that the RH has a limited lexicon, with no phonological abilities but active involvement in the processing of context...
- Functional asymmetries revealed in visually guided saccades: an FMRI studyLaurent Petit
Centre for Imaging, Neurosciences and Applications to Pathologies, UMR6232 CNRS CEA, Boulevard Henri Becquerel, BP 5229, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
J Neurophysiol 102:2994-3003. 2009....
- Effect of familial sinistrality on planum temporale surface and brain tissue asymmetriesNathalie Tzourio-Mazoyer
Centre d Imagerie Neurosciences et Applications aux Pathologies UMR6232 CNRS, CEA, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France
Cereb Cortex 20:1476-85. 2010..These results add to the increasing body of evidence suggesting multiple and somewhat independent mechanisms for the inheritance of hand and language lateralization...
- Right hemisphere dominance for auditory attention and its modulation by eye position: an event related fMRI studyLaurent Petit
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UMR 6194 CNRS CEA University of Caen and University Paris Descartes, GIP Cyceron, Bd H Becquerel, BP 5229, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Restor Neurol Neurosci 25:211-25. 2007..Secondly, we examined whether a congruency or a discrepancy between audio-spatial and visuo-spatial cued attentional resources may influence the activity elicited by an auditory selective attention task...
- Cortical Terminations of the Inferior Fronto-Occipital and Uncinate Fasciculi: Anatomical Stem-Based Virtual DissectionJanice Hau
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Institut des Maladies Neurodegeneratives UMR 5293, CNRS, CEA University of Bordeaux Bordeaux, France
Front Neuroanat 10:58. 2016..We conclude that anatomical stem-based virtual dissection with diffusion tractography is a fruitful method for studying the structural anatomy of the human white matter pathways. ..
- AICHA: An atlas of intrinsic connectivity of homotopic areasMarc Joliot
GIN, UMR 5296, CNRS, CEA, Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
J Neurosci Methods 254:46-59. 2015..However, functional atlases so far proposed do not account for a crucial aspect of cerebral organization, namely homotopy, i.e. that each region in one hemisphere has a homologue in the other hemisphere...
- Gaussian mixture modeling of hemispheric lateralization for language in a large sample of healthy individuals balanced for handednessBernard Mazoyer
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, et Université de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e101165. 2014..They call for a revisit of models hypothesizing common determinants for handedness and for language dominance. ..
- Regional cerebral blood flow increases during wakeful rest following cognitive trainingBernard Mazoyer
Centre d Imagerie Neurosciences et Applications aux Pathologies, CI NAPS UMR6232, CNRS, CEA I2BM, GIP Cyceron, France
Brain Res Bull 80:133-8. 2009..These results indicate that the brain default mode is a dynamic state during which context dependent local increases of cerebral blood flow may occur on a short-term, likely for the consolidation of newly acquired knowledge...
- A common neural system is activated in hearing non-signers to process French sign language and spoken FrenchCyril Courtin
GIN, CI NAPS, UMR6232, CNRS, CEA, France
Brain Res Bull 84:75-87. 2011..As a whole, the present results support the theory of a gestural origin of language...
- The association between hemispheric specialization for language production and for spatial attention depends on left-hand preference strengthLaure Zago
CNRS, UMR 5296, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Bordeaux, France CEA, UMR 5296, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Bordeaux, France Université de Bordeaux, UMR 5296, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Neuropsychologia 93:394-406. 2016..These findings underline the importance to include sLH in the study sample to reveal the underlying mechanisms of complementary HS...
- The resting state questionnaire: An introspective questionnaire for evaluation of inner experience during the conscious resting statePascal Delamillieure
Centre d Imagerie Neurosciences et Applications aux Pathologies, UMR6232 CNRS, CEA, Universités de Caen et Paris Descartes, GIP Cyceron, Bd Henri Becquerel, BP5229, 14074 Caen, France
Brain Res Bull 81:565-73. 2010..This tool relies on normative data acquired from a 180-participant sample balanced for sex and handedness...
- Pseudoneglect in line bisection judgement is associated with a modulation of right hemispheric spatial attention dominance in right-handersLaure Zago
Universite de Bordeaux, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France CNRS, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France CEA, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France Electronic address
Neuropsychologia 94:75-83. 2016....
- What does the nature of the stimuli tell us about the Global Precedence Effect?Nicolas Poirel
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle GIN UMR 6194, CNRS, CEA, University of Caen and University of Paris V, France
Acta Psychol (Amst) 127:1-11. 2008..These results suggest that the GPE involves both "sensory mechanisms" (responsible for the global advantage) and "cognitive mechanisms" (responsible for the interference effect)...
- Revisiting the human uncinate fasciculus, its subcomponents and asymmetries with stem-based tractography and microdissection validationJanice Hau
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Institut des Maladies Neurodegeneratives UMR 5293, CNRS, CEA, University of Bordeaux, PAC Carreire, 146 rue Léo Saignat CS61292 Case 28, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Brain Struct Funct . 2016..Such results clarifying the UF structural anatomy lay the groundwork for more targeted investigations of its functional role, especially in semantic language processing...
- Cortical Asymmetries during Hand Laterality Task Vary with Hand Laterality: A fMRI Study in 295 ParticipantsEmmanuel Mellet
Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Institut des Maladies Neurodegeneratives UMR 5293, Université BordeauxBordeaux, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives UMR 5293Bordeaux, France Commissariat à l Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives, Groupe d Imagerie Neurofonctionnelle, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives UMR 5293Bordeaux, France
Front Hum Neurosci 10:628. 2016..They also demonstrate that the coordination of visual information and handedness identification of hands relied on the coexistence of contralateral motor and visual representations in the superior parietal lobe and the postcentral gyrus...
- Seeing the forest before the trees depends on individual field-dependency characteristicsNicolas Poirel
CI NAPS UMR6232, CNRS, CEA, University Caen and University Paris Descartes, lt location gt France lt location gt
Exp Psychol 55:328-33. 2008..Given the important role that global-local visual skills play during visuospatial tasks, these results have important implications for future research in this area...