- Systemic non-Hodgkin lymphoma in HIV-infected patients with effective suppression of HIV replication: persistent occurrence but improved survivalLaurence Gerard
Service d Immuno Hématologie Hôpital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:478-84. 2002..Improvement in the overall survival rate in the post-HAART period was associated with more intensive chemotherapy regimens, increased complete remission rate, and a likely benefit of continuation or introduction of HAART...
- Hodgkin's lymphoma as a cause of fever of unknown origin in HIV infectionL Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:495-9. 2003....
- Improved survival in HIV-related Hodgkin's lymphoma since the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapyLaurence Gerard
Service d Immuno Hématologie and Laboratoire d Anatomopathologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
AIDS 17:81-7. 2003..To evaluate the evolving characteristics of HIV-related Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) and survival of affected patients since the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Rituximab decreases the risk of lymphoma in patients with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman diseaseLaurence Gerard
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Blood 119:2228-33. 2012..Rituximab was associated with an 11-fold lower risk of developing lymphoma. KS exacerbation was the most challenging adverse event after rituximab therapy...
- Characteristics of non-Hodgkin lymphoma arising in HIV-infected patients with suppressed HIV replicationLaurence Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 23:2301-8. 2009..Despite effective treatment of HIV infection, some patients still develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). We analysed patients with HIV-associated NHL and undetectable plasma HIV-RNA, according to the duration of HIV suppression...
- Human herpesvirus 8+ polyclonal IgMλ B-cell lymphocytosis mimicking plasmablastic leukemia/lymphoma in HIV-infected patientsEric Oksenhendler
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Eur J Haematol 91:497-503. 2013..MCD lesions characteristically contain HHV-8-infected polyclonal IgMλ plasmablasts. A high frequency of HHV-8-related non-Hodgkin lymphoma has been reported in these patients...
- B-cell and T-cell phenotypes in CVID patients correlate with the clinical phenotype of the diseaseGael Mouillot
Immunology Laboratory, INSERM UMR S945, CIB Pitié Salpêtrière, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:746-55. 2010..Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) is a heterogeneous disorder characterized by recurrent infections and defective immunoglobulin production...
- Anal carcinomas in HIV-positive patients: high-dose chemoradiotherapy is feasible in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyAnne Blazy
Service de cancérologie radiothérapie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1176-81. 2005..Generally tolerance was poor before the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapies. We report our experience of treating anal carcinoma in the era of new antiviral drugs...
- Prospective study of rituximab in chemotherapy-dependent human immunodeficiency virus associated multicentric Castleman's disease: ANRS 117 CastlemaB TrialLaurence Gerard
Department of Clinical Immunology, Laboratory of Virology, Paris VII University, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 25:3350-6. 2007..Single-agent chemotherapy is usually effective in HIV-associated multicentric Castleman's disease (MCD). However, in most patients, chemotherapy cannot be discontinued...
- Prognostic factors and outcome of human herpesvirus 8-associated primary effusion lymphoma in patients with AIDSEmmanuelle Boulanger
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75 475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4372-80. 2005..The prognosis is poor, with reported median survival time shorter than 6 months. To date, no prognostic factor has been identified in this subset of lymphoma...
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma in HIV-infected patients: a study of 17 cases in the combination antiretroviral therapy eraLaurent Gilardin
Département d immunologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 161:843-51. 2013..In this rare but severe complication of HIV infection the use of intensive chemotherapy does not appear to be beneficial for response, with increased toxicity...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- Intensive chemotherapy regimen (LMB86) for St Jude stage IV AIDS-related Burkitt lymphoma/leukemia: a prospective studyLionel Galicier
Departments of Clinical Immunology, Hopital St Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Blood 110:2846-54. 2007..We conclude that LMB86 regimen is highly effective in advanced HIV-related BL and should be proposed for patients with CD4 count higher than 200 x 10(6)/L or ECOG of 2 or less...
- Classic and extracavitary primary effusion lymphoma in 51 HIV-infected patients from a single institutionStephanie Guillet
Department of Clinical Immunology, Saint Louis Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Hematol 91:233-7. 2016..Although prognosis of PEL remains very severe in cART era, the median survival compares favorably with earlier series. Am. J. Hematol. 91:233-237, 2016. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Late-onset combined immune deficiency: a subset of common variable immunodeficiency with severe T cell defectMarion Malphettes
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1329-38. 2009..Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) is a primary immune deficiency defined by defective antibody production. In most series, a small proportion of patients present with opportunistic infections (OIs)...
- Parental consanguinity is associated with a severe phenotype in common variable immunodeficiencyClaire Rivoisy
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA3963, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 32:98-105. 2012..Systematic investigation for parental consanguinity in patients with CVID provides useful information for specific clinical care and genetic screening...
- Immunoglobulin dosage and switch from intravenous to subcutaneous immunoglobulin replacement therapy in patients with primary hypogammaglobulinemia: decreasing dosage does not alter serum IgG levelsSylvain Thepot
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:602-6. 2010..The impact of reducing immunoglobulin dosage while switching from intravenous to subcutaneous replacement therapy was evaluated...
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Nevirapine or lamivudine plus stavudine and indinavir: examples of 2-class versus 3-class regimens for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1Odile Launay
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:1096-105. 2002..These results do not support the use of a 3-class regimen that includes Nvp for patients with no or limited exposure to nucleoside analogues...
- Infections in 252 patients with common variable immunodeficiencyEric Oksenhendler
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:1547-54. 2008..Common variable immunodeficiency is characterized by recurrent infections and defective immunoglobulin production...
- Anal carcinoma in HIV-infected patients in the era of antiretroviral therapy: a comparative studyNicolas Munoz-Bongrand
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 54:729-35. 2011..Before the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy, prognosis of anal squamous-cell carcinoma was worse when patients were infected with HIV. Since then, contradictory results have been reported...
- Contribution of cellular HIV-1 DNA quantification to the efficacy analysis of antiretroviral therapy: a randomized comparison of 2 regimens, including 3 drugs from 2 or 3 classes (TRIANON, ANRS 081)Laurence Morand-Joubert
Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:268-76. 2005..In conclusion, the changes under therapy in cellular HIV-1 DNA level, which were mostly coincident to those of plasma HIV-1 RNA, did not add significant information to the comparison of the viral efficacy of the 2 studied regimens...