- Systemic non-Hodgkin lymphoma in HIV-infected patients with effective suppression of HIV replication: persistent occurrence but improved survivalLaurence Gerard
Service d Immuno Hématologie Hôpital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:478-84. 2002..Improvement in the overall survival rate in the post-HAART period was associated with more intensive chemotherapy regimens, increased complete remission rate, and a likely benefit of continuation or introduction of HAART...
- Hodgkin's lymphoma as a cause of fever of unknown origin in HIV infectionL Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:495-9. 2003....
- Improved survival in HIV-related Hodgkin's lymphoma since the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapyLaurence Gerard
Service d Immuno Hématologie and Laboratoire d Anatomopathologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
AIDS 17:81-7. 2003..To evaluate the evolving characteristics of HIV-related Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) and survival of affected patients since the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Rituximab decreases the risk of lymphoma in patients with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman diseaseLaurence Gerard
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Blood 119:2228-33. 2012..Rituximab was associated with an 11-fold lower risk of developing lymphoma. KS exacerbation was the most challenging adverse event after rituximab therapy...
- Characteristics of non-Hodgkin lymphoma arising in HIV-infected patients with suppressed HIV replicationLaurence Gerard
Service d immunopathologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 23:2301-8. 2009..Despite effective treatment of HIV infection, some patients still develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). We analysed patients with HIV-associated NHL and undetectable plasma HIV-RNA, according to the duration of HIV suppression...
- Human herpesvirus 8+ polyclonal IgMλ B-cell lymphocytosis mimicking plasmablastic leukemia/lymphoma in HIV-infected patientsEric Oksenhendler
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Eur J Haematol 91:497-503. 2013..MCD lesions characteristically contain HHV-8-infected polyclonal IgMλ plasmablasts. A high frequency of HHV-8-related non-Hodgkin lymphoma has been reported in these patients...
- Anal carcinomas in HIV-positive patients: high-dose chemoradiotherapy is feasible in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyAnne Blazy
Service de cancérologie radiothérapie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1176-81. 2005..Generally tolerance was poor before the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapies. We report our experience of treating anal carcinoma in the era of new antiviral drugs...
- B-cell and T-cell phenotypes in CVID patients correlate with the clinical phenotype of the diseaseGael Mouillot
Immunology Laboratory, INSERM UMR S945, CIB Pitié Salpêtrière, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:746-55. 2010..Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) is a heterogeneous disorder characterized by recurrent infections and defective immunoglobulin production...
- Prospective study of rituximab in chemotherapy-dependent human immunodeficiency virus associated multicentric Castleman's disease: ANRS 117 CastlemaB TrialLaurence Gerard
Department of Clinical Immunology, Laboratory of Virology, Paris VII University, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 25:3350-6. 2007..Single-agent chemotherapy is usually effective in HIV-associated multicentric Castleman's disease (MCD). However, in most patients, chemotherapy cannot be discontinued...
- Rectal Lymphogranuloma Venereum in HIV-infected Patients Can Mimic LymphomaEtienne Crickx
Department of Clinical Immunology, Service d Immunopathologie Clinique Department of Pathology, Hôpital Saint Louis Department of Pathology, Hopital Bichat, AP HP, université Paris 7 Diderot, Paris Department of Clinical Hematology, Hôpital Victor Provo, Roubaix, France
J Clin Gastroenterol 50:414-6. 2016..trachomatis using polymerase chain reaction analysis on biopsy specimen to rule out the possibility of rectal LGV. ..
- Prognostic factors and outcome of human herpesvirus 8-associated primary effusion lymphoma in patients with AIDSEmmanuelle Boulanger
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75 475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4372-80. 2005..The prognosis is poor, with reported median survival time shorter than 6 months. To date, no prognostic factor has been identified in this subset of lymphoma...
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma in HIV-infected patients: a study of 17 cases in the combination antiretroviral therapy eraLaurent Gilardin
Département d immunologie clinique, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 161:843-51. 2013..In this rare but severe complication of HIV infection the use of intensive chemotherapy does not appear to be beneficial for response, with increased toxicity...
- Intensive chemotherapy regimen (LMB86) for St Jude stage IV AIDS-related Burkitt lymphoma/leukemia: a prospective studyLionel Galicier
Departments of Clinical Immunology, Hopital St Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Blood 110:2846-54. 2007..We conclude that LMB86 regimen is highly effective in advanced HIV-related BL and should be proposed for patients with CD4 count higher than 200 x 10(6)/L or ECOG of 2 or less...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- Exclusion of Patients with a Severe T-Cell Defect Improves the Definition of Common Variable ImmunodeficiencyRémi Bertinchamp
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 4:1147-1157. 2016..The new definition appeared more restrictive but had not yet been evaluated in a large cohort of patients...
- Classic and extracavitary primary effusion lymphoma in 51 HIV-infected patients from a single institutionStephanie Guillet
Department of Clinical Immunology, Saint Louis Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Hematol 91:233-7. 2016..Based on this series, characteristics of classic and extracavitary variants were very close. Although prognosis of PEL remains very severe in cART era, the median survival compares favorably with earlier series...
- Late-onset combined immune deficiency: a subset of common variable immunodeficiency with severe T cell defectMarion Malphettes
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1329-38. 2009..Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) is a primary immune deficiency defined by defective antibody production. In most series, a small proportion of patients present with opportunistic infections (OIs)...
- Parental consanguinity is associated with a severe phenotype in common variable immunodeficiencyClaire Rivoisy
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA3963, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 32:98-105. 2012..Systematic investigation for parental consanguinity in patients with CVID provides useful information for specific clinical care and genetic screening...
- Immunoglobulin dosage and switch from intravenous to subcutaneous immunoglobulin replacement therapy in patients with primary hypogammaglobulinemia: decreasing dosage does not alter serum IgG levelsSylvain Thepot
Departement d Immunologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:602-6. 2010..The impact of reducing immunoglobulin dosage while switching from intravenous to subcutaneous replacement therapy was evaluated...
- Nevirapine or lamivudine plus stavudine and indinavir: examples of 2-class versus 3-class regimens for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1Odile Launay
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:1096-105. 2002..These results do not support the use of a 3-class regimen that includes Nvp for patients with no or limited exposure to nucleoside analogues...
- Interactions between atazanavir-ritonavir and tenofovir in heavily pretreated human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAnne Marie Taburet
Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Bicêtre Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2091-6. 2004..The median decreases in the HIV RNA loads at week 2 and week 6 were 0.1 and 0.2 log copies/ml, respectively. In summary, our data are consistent with the existence of a significant interaction between atazanavir and tenofovir DF...
- Infections in 252 patients with common variable immunodeficiencyEric Oksenhendler
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:1547-54. 2008..Common variable immunodeficiency is characterized by recurrent infections and defective immunoglobulin production...
- Anal carcinoma in HIV-infected patients in the era of antiretroviral therapy: a comparative studyNicolas Munoz-Bongrand
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 54:729-35. 2011..Before the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy, prognosis of anal squamous-cell carcinoma was worse when patients were infected with HIV. Since then, contradictory results have been reported...
- Contribution of cellular HIV-1 DNA quantification to the efficacy analysis of antiretroviral therapy: a randomized comparison of 2 regimens, including 3 drugs from 2 or 3 classes (TRIANON, ANRS 081)Laurence Morand-Joubert
Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:268-76. 2005..In conclusion, the changes under therapy in cellular HIV-1 DNA level, which were mostly coincident to those of plasma HIV-1 RNA, did not add significant information to the comparison of the viral efficacy of the 2 studied regimens...