- [Intracerebral monitoring of a patient with vasopasm]T Geeraerts
Service du Professeur Benhamou, département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, et faculté de médecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:973-9. 2007..For the detection of most episodes of brain ischemia, several monitoring system should be use performing a multimodal intracerebral monitoring. Brain microdialysis and oxygen tissue partial pressure are promising monitoring system...
- Ultrasonography of the optic nerve sheath may be useful for detecting raised intracranial pressure after severe brain injuryThomas Geeraerts
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hospital of Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, 94275, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 33:1704-11. 2007....
- The frontal lobe and thalamus have different sensitivities to hypoxia-hypotension after traumatic brain injury: a microdialysis study in ratsAntonia Blanie
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Neurotrauma 29:2782-90. 2012....
- Non-invasive assessment of intracranial pressure using ocular sonography in neurocritical care patientsThomas Geeraerts
AP HP, département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Universite Paris Sud, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bicêtre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 34:2062-7. 2008..To assess the relationship between optic nerve sheath diameter (ONSD) and intracranial pressure (ICP) in neurocritical care patients...
- Changes in cerebral energy metabolites induced by impact-acceleration brain trauma and hypoxic-hypotensive injury in ratsThomas Geeraerts
Laboratoire Immunologie Antivirale Systémique et Cérébrale, INSERM EMI 0109, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Neurotrauma 23:1059-71. 2006..The prolonged post-traumatic impairment in brain energy metabolism may be related to traumatic brain injury (TBI) severity. It became worse when T was complicated by HH, but was not related to changes in CBF...
- Cerebral hemodynamic changes in severe head injury patients undergoing decompressive craniectomyAmel Daboussi
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, CHU Purpan, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 21:339-45. 2009..Mortality rate and neurological outcomes were also evaluated after this procedure...
- [How to succeed at funding a research year in anaesthesiology and critical care in France?]M Raux
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 28:579-83. 2009..In this review, we aimed to present the different stages of this long process, from grant application to taxes payment...
- [Does cerebral salt wasting syndrome exist?]P E Leblanc
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:948-53. 2007..So it appears that the word "cerebral" in CSWS is probably not a good term and it would be better to talk about appropriate or non-appropriate natriuretic response. Corticoïds or urea can be useful for controlling hypernatriuresis...
- An alternative ultrasonographic approach to assess basilar artery flowThomas Geeraerts
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, Hopital de Bicetre, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Neurosurgery 68:276-81; discussion 281. 2011..Assessment of basilar artery blood flow is of interest in many neurosurgical situations. With use of ultrasonography, the standard posterior approach is difficult in neurointensive care...
- Clinical review: initial management of blunt pelvic trauma patients with haemodynamic instabilityThomas Geeraerts
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Univ Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care 11:204. 2007..A decision making algorithm is proposed for the treatment of trauma patients with pelvic fracture that takes haemodynamic status and associated lesions into account...
- Oxygen challenge test in septic shock patients: prognostic value and influence of respiratory statusArnaud Mari
Service de Réanimation Hôpital Purpan, Pôle d Anesthsie Réanimation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, France Equipe d accueil Modlisation de l agression tissulaire et nociceptive, Université Toulouse 3, Toulouse, France Réanimation chirurgicale, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France EA 322, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France and Réanimation médico chirurgicale, centre hospitalier André Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
Shock 41:504-9. 2014..The OCT at T24 is related to outcome but is influenced by the severity of respiratory failure. Our results suggest considering with caution hemodynamic management based on OCT in septic shock patients with altered pulmonary function. ..
- Decrease in left ventricular ejection time on digital arterial waveform during simulated hypovolemia in normal humansThomas Geeraerts
Department of Anesthesiology and UPRES 3540, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Trauma 56:845-9. 2004..We compared modifications of the pulse wave in a central artery (carotid) and in a peripheral artery (digital) during central hypovolemia induced by lower body negative pressure (LBNP) in conscious volunteers...
- Optic nerve sheath diameter used as ultrasonographic assessment of the incidence of raised intracranial pressure in preeclampsia: a pilot studyClément Dubost
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Anesthesiology 116:1066-71. 2012..In some cases of severe preeclampsia/eclampsia, brain imaging displays signs compatible with raised intracranial pressure. We aimed to estimate the incidence of raised intracranial pressure in preeclampsia using ocular ultrasonography...
- [Transcranial doppler in neurosurgery]T Geeraerts
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital de Bicetre, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Neurochirurgie 54:731-8. 2008..However, a day-to-day increase in arterial blood cell velocities can help determine the vasospasm risk and/or indicate that angiography should be done...
- [Early diagnostic for vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage]P Piednoir
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU de Bicetre, 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:965-72. 2007..To choose the right moment for invasive methods, intensivists need to use clinical and transcranial doppler data and start treatment as early as possible to be efficacious...
- [Microdialysis and brain injury: importance of animal study]T Geeraerts
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:735-40. 2006..The interest to use microdialysis for testing metabolic hypothesis and potential scientific research ways will also be discussed...
- Posttraumatic brain vulnerability to hypoxia-hypotension: the importance of the delay between brain trauma and secondary insultThomas Geeraerts
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Bicetre, AP HP, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 34:551-60. 2008..To examine whether the effect of hypoxia-hypotension (HH) after traumatic brain injury (TBI) is affected by the delay between insults...
- Ocular sonography in patients with raised intracranial pressure: the papilloedema revisitedThomas Geeraerts
University Department of Anaesthesia, Addenbrooke s Hospital and University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Crit Care 12:150. 2008....