- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Gene profiling reveals unknown enhancing and suppressive actions of glucocorticoids on immune cellsJerome Galon
Lymphocyte Cell Biology Section, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
FASEB J 16:61-71. 2002..Considering the broad and continuously renewed interest in glucocorticoid therapy, the profiles we describe here will be useful in designing more specific and efficient treatment strategies...
- The adaptive immunologic microenvironment in colorectal cancer: a novel perspectiveJerome Galon
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMRS872, Team 13 and Avenir team, Cordeliers Research Center, F 75006 Paris, France
Cancer Res 67:1883-6. 2007..Here, we discuss the meaning and potential implications of this novel finding...
- Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM UNITE 255, René Descartes Faculté de Médecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cordeliers Biomedical Research Center, University Paris 6, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 353:2654-66. 2005..The role of tumor-infiltrating immune cells in the early metastatic invasion of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Coordination of intratumoral immune reaction and human colorectal cancer recurrenceMatthieu Camus
Integrative Cancer Immunology INSERM AVENIR Team 15, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Cancer Res 69:2685-93. 2009..Investigation of the colorectal cancer primary tumor microenvironment allowed us to uncover the association of favorable outcomes with efficient coordination of the intratumoral immune response...
- Biomolecular network reconstruction identifies T-cell homing factors associated with survival in colorectal cancerBernhard Mlecnik
INSERM, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 138:1429-40. 2010..Herein, we used data integration and biomolecular network reconstruction to generate hypotheses about the mechanisms underlying immune responses in colorectal cancer that are relevant to tumor recurrence...
- Clinical impact of different classes of infiltrating T cytotoxic and helper cells (Th1, th2, treg, th17) in patients with colorectal cancerMarie Tosolini
INSERM, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Cancer Res 71:1263-71. 2011..Our findings argue that functional Th1 and Th17 clusters yield opposite effects on patient survival in colorectal cancer, and they provide complementary information that may improve prognosis...
- In situ cytotoxic and memory T cells predict outcome in patients with early-stage colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM Avenir, U872, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5944-51. 2009..We hypothesized that intratumoral immune reaction could influence their prognosis...
- Towards the introduction of the 'Immunoscore' in the classification of malignant tumoursJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, France
J Pathol 232:199-209. 2014..The results of this international consortium may result in the implementation of the Immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-Immune)...
- Positive effects of glucocorticoids on T cell function by up-regulation of IL-7 receptor alphaDenis Franchimont
Lymphocyte Cell Biology Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 168:2212-8. 2002..These observations provide a mechanism by which glucocorticoids may have a positive influence on T cell survival and function...
- [Intratumoral immune microenvironment and survival: the immunoscore]Jerome Galon
Inserm U872, laboratoire d immunologie et de cancérologie intégratives, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 30:439-44. 2014..This could result in the implementation of the immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-immune). ..
- [Immunology and personalized medicine in oncology]Franck Zinzindohoue
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, Paris, France
Bull Cancer 101:S12-7. 2014..Taking account of parameters derived from the reaction of the host against his tumor is an additional step towards a so-called Personalized Medicine in patients with cancer. ..
- The essential role of the in situ immune reaction in human colorectal cancerFranck Pages
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 84:981-7. 2008..The strength of the immune reaction identified in our studies could advance our understanding of cancer evolution and have important consequences for clinical practice...
- The prognostic impact of anti-cancer immune response: a novel classification of cancer patientsGabriela Bindea
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Cordeliers Research Center, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Semin Immunopathol 33:335-40. 2011..Thus, the strength of the immune reaction could advance our understanding of cancer evolution and have important consequences in clinical practice...
- Immunosurveillance in human non-viral cancersWolf Herman Fridman
Inserm U872, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 23:272-8. 2011..Systems biology predicted markers shaping an efficient immune reaction can serve as tools and targets for novel therapeutic approaches...
- Natural immunity to cancer in humansGabriela Bindea
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 22:215-22. 2010..Recent advances support the existence of immunosurveillance in human cancer. The major role of the intratumoral immune reaction could advance our understanding of tumor evolution and have important consequences in clinical practice...
- ClueGO: a Cytoscape plug-in to decipher functionally grouped gene ontology and pathway annotation networksGabriela Bindea
INSERM, Avenir Team, Integrative Cancer Immunology, U872, Paris, France
Bioinformatics 25:1091-3. 2009..ClueGO provides an intuitive representation of the analysis results and can be optionally used in conjunction with the GOlorize plug-in...
- The tumor microenvironment and Immunoscore are critical determinants of dissemination to distant metastasisBernhard Mlecnik
INSERM, UMRS1138, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, F 75006 Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMRS1138, F 75006 Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMRS1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, F 75006 Paris, France
Sci Transl Med 8:327ra26. 2016..Our data demonstrate the protective impact of the Immunoscore, a cytotoxic immune signature, and increased marginal lymphatic vessels, against the generation of distant metastases, regardless of genomic instability. ..
- Immune infiltration in human cancer: prognostic significance and disease controlWolf H Fridman
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, 75006, France
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 344:1-24. 2011....
- Cancer classification using the Immunoscore: a worldwide task forceJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, F 75006, France
J Transl Med 10:205. 2012..The results of this international validation may result in the implementation of the Immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-Immune)...
- Meta-analysis of organ-specific differences in the structure of the immune infiltrate in major malignanciesGautier Stoll
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Oncotarget 6:11894-909. 2015..Altogether, this meta-analysis revealed novel organ-specific features of the immune infiltrate in distinct cancer types, as well as a strategy for defining new prognostic biomarkers. ..
- Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 2 induces interleukin-18 receptor expression in B cellsFranck Pages
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U255, Centre de Recherche Biomédicale des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Blood 105:1632-9. 2005..We report that EBNA2 expression is associated with IL-18R expression in vivo in EBV-positive B-lymphomas from AIDS patients...
- Glucocorticoids and inflammation revisited: the state of the art. NIH clinical staff conferenceDenis Franchimont
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1583, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 10:247-60. 2002..Designer' glucocorticoids promise to be a great new advance in the therapy of inflammatory diseases...
- From the immune contexture to the Immunoscore: the role of prognostic and predictive immune markers in cancerHelen Angell
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 25:261-7. 2013..Finally we introduce the concept that the host-immune reaction could be the critical element in determining response to therapy. The effect on the immune response could be the underlying factor behind many of the predictive markers...