Genomes and Genes
- Tracking down genes to cure diabetes: an achievable task for the 21st century?P Froguel
Department of Human Genetics, CNRS EP 10, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Diabetes Metab 23:8-13. 1997..Tracking down diabetes genes will thus contribute to the development of novel predictive and therapeutic approaches for the coming century...
- Genetics of type 1 insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusP Froguel
CNRS EP 10, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
Horm Res 48:55-7. 1997..Understanding the genetic basis of IDDM will aid in the design of new strategies to prevent or cure the disease...
- Effect of common polymorphisms in the HNF4alpha promoter on susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in the French Caucasian populationM Vaxillaire
CNRS 8090 Institut de Biologie, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, BP 245, 59019, Lille, France
Diabetologia 48:440-4. 2005....
- Indication for genetic linkage of the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PCK1) gene region on chromosome 20q to non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusE H Hani
CNRS EP 10, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Diabetes Metab 22:451-4. 1996..0003, mean IBD = 0.66). These results suggest that the PCK1 gene or a nearby locus contributes to the development of NIDDM in the French population...
- A genome-wide scan for coronary heart disease suggests in Indo-Mauritians a susceptibility locus on chromosome 16p13 and replicates linkage with the metabolic syndrome on 3q27S Francke
Institute of Biology, CNRS UPRES A 8090, Pasteur Institute of Lille, 1, rue du Pr Calmette, B P 447, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
Hum Mol Genet 10:2751-65. 2001..These results show the first evidence for susceptibility loci that predispose to CHD, T2DM and HBP in the context of the metabolic syndrome...
- Linkage and association studies between the proopiomelanocortin (POMC) gene and obesity in caucasian familiesJ Delplanque
Institute of Biology CNRS 8090, Pasteur Institute of Lille, CHRU of Lille, Lille, France
Diabetologia 43:1554-7. 2000..A polyhormone peptide, POMC is expressed in brain, gut, placenta and pancreas. The POMC mutations are responsible for rare cases of early-onset obesity. Thus we examined the contribution of the POMC locus to obesity in French families...
- Mutation screening of the urocortin gene: identification of new single nucleotide polymorphisms and association studies with obesity in French CaucasiansJ Delplanque
Institute of Biology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 8090 and University Hospital, Pasteur Institute of Lille, F 59019 Lille, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:867-9. 2002..Thus, our analyses of the genetic variations of the UCN gene suggest that, at least in French Caucasians, they do not represent a major cause of obesity...
- Genetics of NIDDM in France: studies with 19 candidate genes in affected sib pairsN Vionnet
Centre National Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Diabetes 46:1062-8. 1997..Analyses of six additional markers spanning 27 cM on chromosome 11p confirmed the suggestive linkage in this region. Whether an NIDDM susceptibility gene lies on chromosome 11p in our population must be determined by further analyses...
- Genetic study of the CD36 gene in a French diabetic populationF Lepretre
Institute of Biology CNRS 8090, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
Diabetes Metab 30:459-63. 2004..In rodents, CD36 gene variations modulate glucose homeostasis and contribute to metabolic syndrome associated with type 2 diabetes but the effects in human are unknown...
- Nuclear factors and type 2 diabetesP Froguel
Department of Human Genetics, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 128:1936-9. 1998..Altogether, these data suggest that non-MODY monofactorial forms of late-onset NIDDM, due to islet transcription factor defects, exist...
- Genetics of human obesityP Boutin
CNRS-Institute of Biology of Lille, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 15:391-404. 2001..Approaches involving the candidate genes and the positional cloning of major obesity-linked regions (state-of-the-art future prospects) will be discussed...
- Genetics of pathways regulating body weight in the development of obesity in humansP Froguel
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institute of Biology of Lille, Pasteur Institute of Lille, France
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:991-6. 2001..e., they are "susceptibility" genes and work in combination with each other as well as with environmental factors such as nutrients, physical activity, and smoking)...
- Rapid SNP allele frequency determination in genomic DNA pools by pyrosequencingB Neve
Genetics of Multifactorial Diseases, CNRS UPRES A 8090, Institut Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Biotechniques 32:1138-42. 2002..Furthermore, it allows the rapid determination of allelefrequency differences in case/control groups for association studies and susceptibility gene discovery in complex diseases...
- An uncoupling protein 3 gene polymorphism associated with a lower risk of developing Type II diabetes and with atherogenic lipid profile in a French cohortA Meirhaeghe
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, INSERM U 508, Pasteur Institute of Lille, Central Hospital and University of Lille, France
Diabetologia 43:1424-8. 2000..We also examined the association of this polymorphism with obesity and Type II (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus...
- Genetic determinants of type 2 diabetesP Froguel
Institute of Biology-CNRS 8090, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Recent Prog Horm Res 56:91-105. 2001..The goal of this chapter is to summarize and discuss the significant results of recent literature on the genetics of both the monogenic and polygenic forms of T2DM...
- Mutation screening in 18 Caucasian families suggest the existence of other MODY genesJ C Chevre
Institut de Biologie de Lille, CNRS EP 10, France
Diabetologia 41:1017-23. 1998..Eleven families do not have mutations in the five known MODY genes suggesting that there is at least one additional locus that can cause MODY...
- A gene for maturity onset diabetes of the young (MODY) maps to chromosome 12qM Vaxillaire
CNRS EP10, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Nat Genet 9:418-23. 1995..These MODY patients exhibit major hyperglycaemia with a severe insulin secretory defect, suggesting that the causal gene is implicated in pancreatic beta-cell function...